Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Yes. hack all the bathroom window panels off and love the airy feel to it. Didn't have this luxury in the previous home as they were the typical square shaped ones.

Sofa finally arrived and now leaving my bedside tables which still does not have a ETD :( Sigh....

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey DoubleEM, first time dropping by to your blog and was reading it backwards from end product to the process and I really like what I see. Nice design and many items I like the stairs, the MBR toilet, the feature wall in the Common toilet, the black tap, the black shower set, and also this sink.

I ordered the Kohler vessel sink from Amazon (like your Scarabeo) which sits inside the countertop but they have no stock and still waiting for their inventory follow up but I reckon I can afford another week's wait before changing. Thanks for the source of information and i will go look for it since going to a few shops didn't result in me finding such design.

Anyone who knows Hansgrohe sale please keep us posted.. hehe. I went yesterday and the set selected cost a whopping $2290.. cant bring myself to take out my credit card.LOL

Been busy so lack the tip to update our latest shopping trip over the weekend. Was reading the papers on Sunday and came across Samsei Warehouse sale for european brands for toilet accessories and it being the last day as well so thought why not?

In the end we ended up with some damage done :).

We found 2 wash basins for our 2 bathrooms and purchased them @ 50% off their RRP with them so unsure if its the best deal but I guess we got it at least a good price nonetheless.

Our Purchases

MBR Bathroom

gallery_69102_815_43148.jpg

the overall look of this Scarabeo sink we settled for

gallery_69102_815_16191.jpg

This piece on lay over on top of the counter so will have to get ID to cut a hole to rest this basin on top.

Personal Considerations for Basin Selections

The Mrs wanted a basin with the tap mount on top of the basin for easy maintenance and cleaning purposes since daily usage will mean water will always trickle down the tap to surface which then puddles and builds up grime over time if left unclean. So with long taps over counter top will mean hard to reach area behind the sink which goes unseen and allows grime to build up over time.

Next was to have a little edge up at the back of the basin so as to prevent the usual puddling on the surface to flow over to the back of the basin and puddle behind again as well. The little edge will keep the pool of water during use to puddle which can then be clean off when completing usage with simple cloth or hands to swipe it off as well so are remains dry to minimise the build up of grime.

Little things we picked up from living in our 1st home over the last 7 years, so experience in home ownership really counts in how you design and pick items for your 2nd home.

So this has lead us to these 2 final decisions and we are happy with what we settled for an that also means another item on our necessary list to purchase is down.

Edited by Luxexplorer

Thank you for dropping by Luxeexplorer. Do note though that this shape sink has an issue with water splatter on use :) because of the angle slope if water pressure is high it splashes out :).

Otherwise you can head over to Samsei and have a look :).

All the best for your reno too :)

Some Updates

It's been a while since my last post and we have unpacked up all the boxes and cleaned up the house thoroughly but hence in this process the clutter begins to happen around the house too :).

So will continue to snap the finished look for the house when I can get them set up correctly. For now I'm still missing my bed side tables and Sofa.

This is the finished look of my WIW for the MBR:

IMG_1465_zpsmzwoklmg.jpg

This compared to the original 3D:

gallery_69102_815_6780.jpg

Had to hide off the book shelf area :) Since it's still a mess but looks exactly alike to the 3D haha.

Next Up is the MBR Shower:

View from outside of the Bathroom window. We did away with the window frame and love it totally and no regrets. Our EM comes with huge oversized bathroom windows and now it does not feel stuffy inside while you shower and the dampness can get out. Shiok...

IMG_1467_zpseapacsin.jpg

Inside Look to MBR shower:

IMG_1466_zpss1dsu7wo.jpg

Still awaiting to acquire another black hose to swap with the current chrome looking one to achieve an all black shower set effect.

Now onto the Wet Play Area:

We crafted this area out from the original service balcony of the EM layout and part is now my study/home office and another part the wet area with the in house rubbish chute access.

IMG_1468_zpsagg5gg3f.jpg

Pic take through the bathroom window opening so look is not complete.

Well hope to get more when all the furnishings are in...

Hi doubleEM,

Could you please share the Black Shower set TB link? I'm interested.

Thanks

hi doubleEM,

realised u did not install a storage heater.. correct me if i am wrong..

the one in your master bedroom is actually an instant heater.. may i know how is the water pressure during the *rainshower* ??

hi doubleEM,

realised u did not install a storage heater.. correct me if i am wrong..

the one in your master bedroom is actually an instant heater.. may i know how is the water pressure during the *rainshower* ??

We opted for instant heaters as we do not like the idea of waiting for water to heat up when we want to use it and often than not the switch is forgotten and hence more electricity wastage in the process.

Also this has served us well plus storing and hiding a drum is another headache to deal with all together and drums do have rust issues as well over time so not too keen on that part.

The heater works only for the shower head and the rain shower still operates on normal water pipes so its ok and we love this rain shower :) No regrets over it.

QUite an expensive set of shower set. Any other reason for this besides aesthetic?

Well to be honest most of the black rainshowers selling locally cost $400 and upwards with the lower priced ones not nice at all and if we do go with black it would be design that matters as well right?

G Ferretti ones cost similar to the ones I've gotten and I didn't like the rainshower with the shower head combo set they had so went on TB and spotted this and went for it.

Considering its a UK brand and I've gotten it from the Tmall outlet of the brand itself I decided it was worth the risk and not regretted the purchase thankfully.

The only other set I eyed was from BRAVAT but that was going for $1.8K locally with similar rainshower head design.

Almost Complete
We have since moved in for about a month officially now but furnishings remain incomplete till today when our final good arrived fully.
Beside Table and Drawers
IMG_0308_zpscnlikgyn.jpg
We like the look and was love at first sight when we saw it and had to get it. Due to the cost we can't get 2 sets for each side so we settled for top tray and legs on one side and triple drawers on another side haha.

Finally too my home office and work desk is complete with the final piece of the puzzle: A banker's lamp to go on top of it :)

Work Desk
IMG_0311_zpsuzxjxi94.jpg
Still a work in progress with the wiring and shortening of the wires but the Airia desk allows for most wires to be hidden inside of it so that already helps clean up alot of wire clutter.
Next up would be the missing dining chairs

Dining Chair and Complete Dining Set Look
IMG_0322_zpsztvbmxtg.jpg
IMG_0323_zpsp1gws067.jpg
We scanned alot of chairs and effectively found the uniqueness of the color of our dining table and bench made it a nightmare to hunt for the missing pair of dining chairs. So we went with this and tried our luck.

A TB purchase and going transparent to get the as if it was never there effect and I think we got that haha! Since its hard to match make it look like it's not there then.

Extra Stools
IMG_0324_zpshrbus6ao.jpg

Got this extra stools for party purposes if needed. Another one of our TB loot.

Now we are officially complete and have to find opportunities to tidy up the remaining area before taking a snap shot haha. Simply too messy once you officially begin to live lift in the new place.