Jump to content
Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Recommended Posts


Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

bykaraanne,

Shalom movers din get back to me after coming over for quotation..

the guy did mention they are quite expensive and told me for sunday and public holiday their prices are triple. :jawdrop:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/04/2016 at 11:10 AM, Luxexplorer said:

I always use Helping Hands. They quotations are always reasonable and even if a little more I will support them because we are doing something good out of it as well. They are professional and so far have never broken any items from my numerous moves

Luxexplorer,

I did contact them and spoke to someone. He mentioned they are mainly office hours mon to thurs , fri and sat (half day) for fri n sat they are considered weekend prices.. he did not tell me how much. because my requirement is weekend, sat afternoon or sunday hence unable to engage their services.

Ricepapergirl,

u can contact them and enquire.. =)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, twinklecloud said:

Luxexplorer,

I did contact them and spoke to someone. He mentioned they are mainly office hours mon to thurs , fri and sat (half day) for fri n sat they are considered weekend prices.. he did not tell me how much. because my requirement is weekend, sat afternoon or sunday hence unable to engage their services.

Ricepapergirl,

u can contact them and enquire.. =)

Oooh thanks for the info, it's useful! Currently planning our packing process as well. Probably will use the moving company on a weekday then, since it's cheaper.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the recommendation. I need a reliable mover for my friend cos the one they used sucks. The company is Premier Transport and Mover Services at 22 Sin Ming. The sales guy and supervisor name is Alex **82799482**. This Alex charged them $880 to move their stuff from a Holland 3 rm flat to Jurong East and did not complete the job. The movers supposed to come another day to move the rest of the stuff and help setup his teak wardrobe, wooden bed but did not keep to their promise. Have been siaming my friend's call for more than 3 weeks. Called the company, the secretary said boss always overseas, can only call Alex to settle. They ding dong him here and there but did not solve his problem. Poor guy now don't have a bed to sleep. The worst thing is he run out of budget and have 2 young children to look after. This Alex is really very heartless and evil, I hope nobody will use them. FYI, this company charges by hr. On the surface looks cheap but I think the workers take their own sweet time to do the job. Thats how they con ppl money like what they did to my friend. Be careful of such unscrupulous company.  Anyway some of our friends and I came out with some money to help him out. Hope the mover we use will be better.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2016 at 0:02 PM, ricepapergirl said:

Thank you for this wonderful review! Yeah we are definitely thinking of going with them. Any idea how long in advance we should contact them beforehand?

If you are not so flexible with your timing, its best to book in advance up to 2 -3 weeks. They are very popular and hard to get slot. The last time when I need to move my 2 meters teak table here i used them as well and not on floor excess they charged me only $80 with 3 workers. But I gave them $100 and the rest for their coffee. Most importantly is realiable and dont break anything. I believe Shalom is quite good but for me I like that the "goodness" of Helping Hand since they hire only ex-convicts who have trouble finding jobs and thus giving them a new start

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Twinklecloud, would u care to share your review of the ID's service and quality? What do u like and dislike? Thanks in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hihi.. sorry been rather busy packing and unpacking and trying to piece everything together.

Well... no matter how perfect the renovations, there is bound to be some hiccups...

We had some issues with the TV console.. we bought a 65 inch tv and wanted to mount to the wall. the bracket people came and claimed the tv console not strong enough to hold the tv. We reverted back to ID and the carpenter came. he claimed strong but he wasnt able to mount the tv to the wall as he has never mount the bracket before. aiyoh.. so now my tv is sitting on there.. =(

another issue is the water dispenser, we did discuss with ID we wanted to put the water dispenser in  689c1229-d0ee-4396-8acb-c79351225b03_zps the opening from the table. But when my water dispenser arrived it was too big for the water dispenser. :~ No choice had to call ID and tell him. He was busy so sent his carpenter down and was told nothing could be done?!

i was like?! over the weekend, ID came by and I told him some of the faults...especially the two above, he said he will get it resolved. Hopefully everything can be resolved.

will post pic of the move in state once the boxes been cleared.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ubk,

sorry for the late reply.

ID service: I would rate his service as 9/10. Whenever we encountered any problem, he will think how to resolve it. of coz there are no perfect solutions but we will try to get the best out of it.

Likes :

He is very very responsible and has high expectations of his work. He is also attentive, patient and observant. Certain things he will get it rectified before I even noticed it. For many changes or even some small details, he will let me know beforehand. One more thing, whenever i wanted things my way, he will not say no, but if it's not really feasible due to $$ or other issues, we will try to find another alternatives to get close to what I want.

response time: this thing he is very fast.. whenever i message him.. he will get back to me very fast. =) something i like about him.

Dislikes : naggy. lol. sometimes i find him repeat and repeat.. :P

hope my review is helpful. let me know if u would like to find out anything in specific. i will see if i can help. =)

Edited by twinklecloud
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, twinklecloud said:

hihi.. sorry been rather busy packing and unpacking and trying to piece everything together.

Well... no matter how perfect the renovations, there is bound to be some hiccups...

We had some issues with the TV console.. we bought a 65 inch tv and wanted to mount to the wall. the bracket people came and claimed the tv console not strong enough to hold the tv. We reverted back to ID and the carpenter came. he claimed strong but he wasnt able to mount the tv to the wall as he has never mount the bracket before. aiyoh.. so now my tv is sitting on there.. =(

another issue is the water dispenser, we did discuss with ID we wanted to put the water dispenser in  689c1229-d0ee-4396-8acb-c79351225b03_zps the opening from the table. But when my water dispenser arrived it was too big for the water dispenser. :~ No choice had to call ID and tell him. He was busy so sent his carpenter down and was told nothing could be done?!

i was like?! over the weekend, ID came by and I told him some of the faults...especially the two above, he said he will get it resolved. Hopefully everything can be resolved.

will post pic of the move in state once the boxes been cleared.

 

Oh dear! Hope both get resolved soon!!

Looking forward to your move-in-state pictures! :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

thank you ricepapergirl!! will post pic one by one.. still very messy.. haha.

moving house is a huge headache.. now  I am hunting a few pieces of furniture to compliment the house as well as storage! haha. too many books..

my house so many issues.. Actually I am quite fortunate this ID is reliable and will still help to solve the problem after we move in. =)

 
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello there!

Congratulations on your new nest, it looks really cosy and lovely! My husband and i got an EM recently and our renovation will be starting soon. So if you don't mind me asking, may i know how much did you pay for your renovation (less designing) cost? we need to mentally prepare ourselves since our contractor is still pretty much chill with the quotation hahaha. Thank you so much in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/05/2016 at 8:49 AM, twinklecloud said:

thank you ricepapergirl!! will post pic one by one.. still very messy.. haha.

moving house is a huge headache.. now  I am hunting a few pieces of furniture to compliment the house as well as storage! haha. too many books..

my house so many issues.. Actually I am quite fortunate this ID is reliable and will still help to solve the problem after we move in. =)

Hi twinklecloud, will love to get the quotation if you don't mind... thank you! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Aura Sink download renotalk renovation guide


×