Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Luxexplorer

42 Years Old Getting A New Look

He always like super busy and I had to wait for about 3 days for the appointment. :)

I have stopped myself from buying anymore things for the moment and will only continue to buy when my house hands over.. I think I've also overgauged the size of the place after renovation so you're not alone :P

How long did you beforehand did you make an appointment with Mr Lim?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Lux,

Thanks for the info... And after see the smiley face, it's make me want to buy liao even though I'm still in the nego for the resale flat LOL

Hmmm very itchy to start buying for the reno hahahahhah I think it's a women problem :notti:

PM you already! Please note that my installation quote is based on a new door with no old handle to dismantle.

For other new reno bloggers, I have included the number in the post of the Samsung lock.

Hello Pankponk! The samsung lock also comes with 2 emergency keys for manual use should anything happen. I'd suggest to keep 1 either in the car, in the office, in the bag or with a trusted family (in my case, my mum). Digital locks have come a long way since introduced and I am taking this step now because I saw them being sold in many shops and I am less worried about lack of expertise on repair etc.

I guess it is all about adapting to technology and soon it will become a part of daily lives :)

I also had a black/white specks countertop for 8 years so very sian too. It is very easy to fall back into the same old style which we liked / or used to so this time I am making a big effort to style the home in opposites of my previous flat.
Yet I don't want a turn yellow white countertop. Surprisingly the istmo (grey colour) is nobody's favourite. My cabinets will be completed by tomorrow and I will have a final "match and imagine" before deciding.

I think many people enjoy the renovation process because seeing the end result is priceless. Where are you looking at for your new flat? You are planning in advance .. hahah

QUARTZ COUNTER-TOP

Couldn't resist not going to new flat although I have told myself not to go on a daily basis and let the workers do their job.

The counter-top from caesarstone has been installed.. I love it so much because it added some color to a otherwise plain white kitchen cabinets. My mum said even have ants on it also cant see.. LOL

6fwhlx.jpg

The Teka cooker sitting on top of the Atlantic Salt of caesarstone

rckp5e.jpg

Looking at this photo, I was a little concern that the counter-top doesn't sit flat on the sink and was wondering about water seepage.
I remember reading from Kim76 and Khng discussion about the Kraus sink which comes with a stainless steel wire-rack where it will sit in the sink to protect scratches etc and that the counter-top's edge is not to be longer over the sink as then will have difficult remove it.

So I made a mental note to tell the caesarstone worker who did the measurements

awc46b.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

I think many people enjoy the renovation process because seeing the end result is priceless. Where are you looking at for your new flat? You are planning in advance .. hahah

It will be at Bukit Panjang :D

I've been a silent reader since last year at renotalk even when I'm still in the search for the flat Lol.... reallyyy an advance planning hahahah

Now looking at the your counter top make me want to change my mind from white counter top...It's really match the kraus sink..

Edited by pankponk

Thanks pankponk! I can see you are very excited and rightly so. We are looking forward to catch your renovation down the road. hahah.. and I can guarantee that you will change your mind a dozen more times till you make the final decision of your renovation. I like the marbley whites and blacks too but also felt that the home is looking quite "flat" as in monotone etc and really just wanted to have a focal point that's all.

All white is little too safe

It will be at Bukit Panjang :D
I've been a silent reader since last year at renotalk even when I'm still in the search for the flat Lol.... reallyyy an advance planning hahahah

Now looking at the your counter top make me want to change my mind from white counter top...It's really match the kraus sink..

Edited by Luxexplorer

Does anyone still uses CD player??

My philips sound bar recently died on me after 7 years and it was great with 5.1 surround sound, DVD, CD, FM, Ipod etc. So I went looking for something similar at Gain City and saw a lot of slim sleek models but unfortunately there are simply sound bars. I asked the sales person about CD player.. and he kinda laughs and says hardly anyone uses CD anymore. Hmmmm, so I asked what about Ipod docks then... and he was like.. " it is also slowing down hardly any of the models come with ipod docks". He recommends me only the philips models which still offers these features.

So am I the only dinosaur left who is using CDs? I have thousands of dollars woth of CD with no place to store and no equipment to play them.. :jawdrop:

ok8su9.jpg

Edited by Luxexplorer

So am I the only dinosaur left who is using CDs? I have thousands of dollars woth of CD with no place to store and no equipment to play them.. :jawdrop:

I second fatcat's suggestion. Although I don't have as many CDs as you do (you've got at least 200+ CDs?), I have ripped most of my CDs so I can still listen to them without needing to have the physical disc around :P Very tedious but I think if you're a music lover and/or too lazy to search for the same songs to download online, it might be worth the effort.

And also, that's a gorgeous gorgeous countertop! Love it :wub:

Edited by owlNbear

+1 on the Kraus sink! ask contractor to be careful and don't use if possible because the cement etc when stain the Kraus sink you will have to use the baking soda method to wipe it

Nice!!

For you CD the easiest way is to convert it into the digital format, after you converted it all you need to do is just using bluetooth to play the music via your speaker if your speaker have bluetooth function in it.

at the last count, probably about closer to 320 CDs over a long period of time , I think when CD took over cassettes :) At my last home, I had a TV console customized for them but I didn't bring it along because its too big for my smaller flat now.

I have tried converting them and sync them to ITUNES which is then sync to my old 60GB Ipod. But problem is my laptop doesn't have enough space for all the CDs as it was totally full and when I deleted them and sync again on Ipod, it will have all the exclamation mark appearing at the side of itunes which means the original have been removed.

So the main problem is i dont know of any device with such a big storage. Do I use one of those 1TB HDD?

On a side note, I think there is a quality difference listening to MP3 and CD and I still love my dinosaur CDs.

Edited by Luxexplorer

at the last count, probably about closer to 320 CDs over a long period of time , I think when CD took over cassettes :) At my last home, I had a TV console customized for them but I didn't bring it along because its too big for my smaller flat now.

I have tried converting them and sync them to ITUNES which is then sync to my old 60GB Ipod. But problem is my laptop doesn't have enough space for all the CDs as it was totally full and when I deleted them and sync again on Ipod, it will have all the exclamation mark appearing at the side of itunes which means the original have been removed.

So the main problem is i dont know of any device with such a big storage. Do I use one of those 1TB HDD?

On a side note, I think there is a quality difference listening to MP3 and CD and I still love my dinosaur CDs.

This might be a solution for you http://www.apple.com/sg/itunes/itunes-match/

In the past when mp3s first started most storage is not as huge as now, most of the music out there is being rip at like 128kbps in order to squeeze more songs into a flash drive. Now drive space is huge. Try rip it with higher bitrate, say at least 320kbps Mp3 or 256Hz AAC.

I personally find 320kbps Mp3 rips are already like CD quality. Without intense scrutiny of a few seconds of a playback between the 2, trying to spot differences between the 2 is difficult.

If space is not a concern or if you are an audiophile (i suspect not, they don't listen to soundbar), then go for those lossless rips. I just find that not worthwhile since i cant hear the difference anyway why waste space and time ripping them too.

QUARTZ COUNTER-TOP

Couldn't resist not going to new flat although I have told myself not to go on a daily basis and let the workers do their job.

The counter-top from caesarstone has been installed.. I love it so much because it added some color to a otherwise plain white kitchen cabinets. My mum said even have ants on it also cant see.. LOL

6fwhlx.jpg

The Teka cooker sitting on top of the Atlantic Salt of caesarstone

rckp5e.jpg

Looking at this photo, I was a little concern that the counter-top doesn't sit flat on the sink and was wondering about water seepage.

I remember reading from Kim76 and Khng discussion about the Kraus sink which comes with a stainless steel wire-rack where it will sit in the sink to protect scratches etc and that the counter-top's edge is not to be longer over the sink as then will have difficult remove it.

So I made a mental note to tell the caesarstone worker who did the measurements

awc46b.jpg

Wow!!! i spent 2hours reading your blog!! loving it and so excited....love the kraus sink and the caesarstone! loooks so nice when all blend in together!!! i am staying tune to see more updates!

got inspired to start hunting for kraus sink too.. hehe..

btw u r not old dinosaur.. me too have tons of CD and too lazy to do anything too! i still have tons cassettes as well and no player. =(