Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
owlNbear

Owl & Bear's Parisian-Chic-Lookalike Nest

5 hours ago, pankponk said:

Really fall in love with your black and white kitchen and the bathroom:wub: like Kara said looks like come out from pinterest

The concrete slab sink support is really a good idea, I also personally don't like any vanity inside my bathroom * err mostly coz I like to splash water :P

Thank you pankponk! So I'm guessing you'll get a wall mount basin or a pedestal basin? I'm the opposite of you, a vanity in my bathroom is my number 1 criteria. Cos I've never had one before, hehe.

4 hours ago, d3n said:

i like your cat door! where did you purchased this? need to drill your door and fit this?

My fiance got it from a pet shop, but I don't know which one, I'll have to ask him. You can search for something like this https://www.bubblepets.com.sg/product/pet-furniture/two-way-pet-door-flap.html 
The door person installed the cat door at his workshop first, before bringing it together with the door over to our house. We got a new door, which the contractor said would be cheaper than removing the existing door, bringing back to the workshop, installing the cat door and bringing it back again. Hope that's not too confusing :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi owlNbear,

Thank you so much for responding to my PM.

Just wanted to echo what so many in this thread had already confirmed- Your bathroom and kitchen are both stunning and magazine worthy. I envy you your black and white kitchen, its absolutely beautiful.

In addition, would you be able to share how much did you pay for your black frosted glass door for your bathroom. It would be a good alternative for consideration. Also, how many boxes of craftbricks did you get in total and how many boxes were utilized for the wall in the living area? Did you have to pay for any delivery charges inland?

Thank you.

Looks like your cat is really enjoying the sofa...

I used to be a cat owner. Non of my sofas (...yes more than 3 I think) regardless which type survived their claws. Fabric, leather, PVC.

there are various methods, training, sticky tape, though non of them really worked or need a lot of effort except for a boundary spray. I think the smell of the spray is too strong so I just let her destroy my sofas.

21 hours ago, watzup said:

Hi owlNbear,

Thank you so much for responding to my PM.

Just wanted to echo what so many in this thread had already confirmed- Your bathroom and kitchen are both stunning and magazine worthy. I envy you your black and white kitchen, its absolutely beautiful.

In addition, would you be able to share how much did you pay for your black frosted glass door for your bathroom. It would be a good alternative for consideration. Also, how many boxes of craftbricks did you get in total and how many boxes were utilized for the wall in the living area? Did you have to pay for any delivery charges inland?

Thank you.

You're too kind! Thank you for the compliment, it really made my day! I did tidy up the place for the photos though! Under normal circumstances, it can be quite a mess  :yeah: Athough I did implement a 'no plastic containers, plastic bags, cartons and boxes' rule to minimize visual clutter.

The frosted bathroom doors cost $470 each, inclusive of installation. Additional cost for black.

I bought 38 boxes of craftstone bricks, but used only about 1-2/3 of it. Still have 6 boxes left. Each box covers 1sqm, so you can estimate how many boxes you need by calculating the surface area of your wall + 20% for wastage. I used oops.sg as my forwarder, and inland delivery charges are already included inside. I paid about $133 for 120cbm worth of items (the bricks actually came in small-ish cardboard boxes, much smaller than we expected), but this has quite a lot of other stuff. Hope this answers your question :)

12 hours ago, Changbp said:

Looks like your cat is really enjoying the sofa...

I used to be a cat owner. Non of my sofas (...yes more than 3 I think) regardless which type survived their claws. Fabric, leather, PVC.

there are various methods, training, sticky tape, though non of them really worked or need a lot of effort except for a boundary spray. I think the smell of the spray is too strong so I just let her destroy my sofas.

I know! Cats especially young ones can't resist sofas of any kind. Fortunately our 老大 (oldest boy) outgrew the sofa when he reached the grand old age of 5, lol. Anyway, I ordered the SSScat cat deterrent spray which has a motion sensor and sprays a non-toxic gas. http://www.amazon.com/PetSafe-KIT19001-SSScat/dp/B000RIA95G 
Fingers crossed that this will keep them away from areas where we don't want them at. Also, my sofa has been gutted, and one of them started to hide not under but INSIDE the sofa. We countered this by removing the legs of the chair :D

On 5/25/2016 at 10:29 PM, owlNbear said:

Thank you pankponk! So I'm guessing you'll get a wall mount basin or a pedestal basin? I'm the opposite of you, a vanity in my bathroom is my number 1 criteria. Cos I've never had one before, hehe.

actually my imagination is the sink on top of the concrete slab or wall mount basin.... hahahhaha I also never had vanity in my bathroom and cos I like splashing the water so I think better to remove the vanity but after saw your bathroom, I'm in dilema now Lol 

5 hours ago, pankponk said:

actually my imagination is the sink on top of the concrete slab or wall mount basin.... hahahhaha I also never had vanity in my bathroom and cos I like splashing the water so I think better to remove the vanity but after saw your bathroom, I'm in dilema now Lol 

Haha! For sure I don't regret it. It's very handy to have a table top to place things on, and cabinets below to store all my cleaning solutions and equipment, rags, soap and shampoo bottles, toilet paper etc.

On 5/23/2016 at 9:51 PM, owlNbear said:

Thanks matcha!! You've really made me feel so happy, haha. It's been quite awhile already, long time no see! What's your reno status now? Given that I've potentially been cheated of a 1.5k sliding door, I really wouldn't want anyone to take the risk and engage him :fire:

hey sweetie, sorry about your bad experience. i will listen to you then, thanks for the warning. last thing i need is to deal with such a contractor esp when i will be the one solely in charge of renovation. hubby says he doesn't wanna butt in lol. i actually haven't collected my keys. estimate 1st Q 2017. sigh such a long wait. i super love your bathroom btw!! i also want a dark one! will you be sharing more pics of your beautiful home? :)

47 minutes ago, matchalatte said:

hey sweetie, sorry about your bad experience. i will listen to you then, thanks for the warning. last thing i need is to deal with such a contractor esp when i will be the one solely in charge of renovation. hubby says he doesn't wanna butt in lol. i actually haven't collected my keys. estimate 1st Q 2017. sigh such a long wait. i super love your bathroom btw!! i also want a dark one! will you be sharing more pics of your beautiful home? :)

That's good, you still have lots of time to plan and research. I'll take more pics when more things are in :DThanks for always stopping by my thread :)

11 hours ago, yourliverisBLACK3310 said:

So end of the day is it consider a bad choice to engage contractor or ? 

And also for the toilet door, how much it cost ???

Hi blackliver! I don't think it's a bad choice as long as you engage the right one lol. The toilet door costs $470 as quoted by the contractor.

Your house looks awesome! We also engaged contractor and can totally "feel" you on the reviews. 

Now look forward to dolling up your home and enjoy :)

Concrete tile bathroom sink~! there u go! at last someone else thinks its a good idea!

I have been deciding for months whether to go wood vanity or concrete tile.

Doesnt quite make sense as toilet/bathroom is a wet area, definitely wooden vanity will not hold up for long, but 99% of ppl uses it??

Anyway my 1st concern of conrete tile sink is; whether it will turn out ugly or not; like those 80s landed property toilets.

After seeing ur concrete tile sink, ill 100% do with it!

But then im abit concern how to do the door for it, esp the leg kick?

Do you have a full length pic of your concrete vanity?

Appreciate if you can show us how doors/hinge is being constructed.

Awesome idea to go with glass door for bathroom too!

Edited by mopiko

On 7/5/2016 at 11:48 AM, Danmify said:

Your house looks awesome! We also engaged contractor and can totally "feel" you on the reviews. 

Now look forward to dolling up your home and enjoy :)

Yeah, it's really a huge headache. But on the positive side, it's was a great learning experience, being so hands on with everything. The sense of achievement at the end is unbeatable! :)

• Like 1