Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Marriage Proposal

Mine was actually pretty simple to be frank.

We were in Bangkok to celebrate my FW's birthday so we decided to spare no expenses. We were staying at Banyan Tree Bangkok and for one of the nights, we had dinner at the famous Vertigo Restaurant (supposedly the 2nd highest restaurant in the world).

thaiwah2-07x.jpg

As it was her birthday, I had already planned for a complimentary birthday cake to be presented to her after dinner. What she didn't know was that I had also struck a deal with the maitre'd to put the engagement ring together with the birthday cake. When the cake was delivered to our table, I simply asked if she would be willing to have me for life.

P1000228.jpg

I didn't go down on my knees cause... the restaurant was full that day... quite paiseh. !!

Luckily she didn't say no... if not super malu man...

according to the maitre'd, this german guy called Max, we were the first couple to get engaged there. :help:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Awwww....... so romantic..... :( so so so so sweeeeettttt..... :) that place is very very romantic... :)

:yamseng:

i had to make sure she wouldn't suspect anything, so before the main course was served, i started telling her to give me more time and not to pressure me. I didn't think i was ready for marriage as yet.. we started quarelling and she was nearly in tears out of frustration by the time her birthday cake arrived. :P Heng she didn't storm off.

share your proposal leh...

Real sweet.

Jux like to ask if this restaurant is near BKK city like near MBK or something?

hi

it's actually on the top floor of Banyan Tree Bangkok Hotel

Here's my 'lomantic' proposal to wife, if it counts as a proposal at all:

One day at my place, I was surfing the internet and she watching TV on the bed...

Me: Dear, how to spell your dad's name and what's his NRIC no?

Wifey: (blah blah) and Sxxxx... (continue to watch TV)

Me: Ok...erm, what about your mum?

Wifey: (blah blah) and Sxxxx... why ah?? (sounds abit frustrated)

Me: Oh, nothing - registering for ROM date lor. BTW 5th Sep you are clearing your leave right? I put that day ok?

Wifey: ?????

Hahaha...

I was on a business trip to Hong Kong. She took leave and took a budget flight to meet me there. I met her for dinner and brought her to Lan Kwai Fong. After dinner, we went for dessert. During dessert, I asked her to marry me. She thought I was joking, and said the least I could do is propose properly. While walking back to the hotel, we passed by Tiffany's. We went inside, and I asked the salesperson to show her the diamond rings. She chose one (thankfully, it wasn't the most expensive one, but it was the best looking one). Bought the ring, went back to the hotel room. Then I took the ring, went down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said yes.

wow..so romantic!

just curious, did she ask for a marriage proposal? or both of u already applied for a place b4 the proposal?

my hb turned up at my place outta of the blue. Not ROM or apply for flat yet. so shocked that time.

she didn't know about it.

we had previously talked about the idea of getting married but nothing conclusive.

!!

I was on a business trip to Hong Kong. She took leave and took a budget flight to meet me there. I met her for dinner and brought her to Lan Kwai Fong. After dinner, we went for dessert. During dessert, I asked her to marry me. She thought I was joking, and said the least I could do is propose properly. While walking back to the hotel, we passed by Tiffany's. We went inside, and I asked the salesperson to show her the diamond rings. She chose one (thankfully, it wasn't the most expensive one, but it was the best looking one). Bought the ring, went back to the hotel room. Then I took the ring, went down on one knee and asked her to marry me. She said yes.

actually this is really really sweet....

i don't dare to bring my FW into Tiffany's. I don't want to become Singapore's youngest bankrupt.

Here's my 'lomantic' proposal to wife, if it counts as a proposal at all:

One day at my place, I was surfing the internet and she watching TV on the bed...

Me: Dear, how to spell your dad's name and what's his NRIC no?

Wifey: (blah blah) and Sxxxx... (continue to watch TV)

Me: Ok...erm, what about your mum?

Wifey: (blah blah) and Sxxxx... why ah?? (sounds abit frustrated)

Me: Oh, nothing - registering for ROM date lor. BTW 5th Sep you are clearing your leave right? I put that day ok?

Wifey: ?????

Hahaha...

hahahahaha

this one is cute... i rike. :P

errr...what's a OTP? Option to Purchase? Means buy flat liao lar? ;)

Yes, so clever! :thumbs up:

Wait wait, I better explain more lah, wait everyone here condemn me as the Typical Singaporean of the Year!

During the wedding banquet I did 'compensate' her for the lost proposal - I surprised her by kneeling down on stage in front of our guests and promised that I will take care of her for life. Then when I stood up to kiss her, my 'xiong dis' pop confettis with 'drama' background music - the overall effect on video is like a scene in movies when two lovers finally got together like that!! :~

Mine was actually pretty simple to be frank.

We were in Bangkok to celebrate my FW's birthday so we decided to spare no expenses. We were staying at Banyan Tree Bangkok and for one of the nights, we had dinner at the famous Vertigo Restaurant (supposedly the 2nd highest restaurant in the world).

then the 1st tallest restaurant is where? :unsure:

wow archer rich man! u sure dare to bring your lady to such an expensive place somemore! wouldn't u be afraid that she might pick a stone that cost u an arm or a leg? :notti:

ya, rich archer. :notti:

we ever went to tiffany but the diamonds are normal normal and expensive. :jawdrop: still prefer brilliant rose diamond. :)