Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kenmura

Marriage Proposal

proposal is impt. agree wif singhao on the effort & sincerity. if a man doesnt even save up to get a ring to propose, means no effort put in.

but then again, if after marriage, the guy treats the woman like sh*t, what's the point of the proposal? just wanna lock up the woman? :jail:

of course, hubby had bought a wedding bands to ask me to marry him but not buying a diamond ring. :D the diamond ring he bought for me was after married (on our anniversary). he took the weddding bands with him and came to my house to ask my mum's permission to marry me. :sport-smiley-004::sport-smiley-004: his face was so red that time! :sport-smiley-004:

i'd an ex-colleague told me that her hubby spent a lot when proposed to her but after married changed liao. from that time onwards, i feel that proposal is nothing lor. most impt is after married treatment. :deal:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Actually ring or not...its just an object and a gesture at that point in time. Doesn't guarantee if he will treat u good or bad in future.

also is not an indicator whether he is sincere or not in wanting to marrying u. becoz i know of guys who dun propose but treats their wives very nice.

also got those ppl who propose in the most drama manner and later having their wives complaining to me liao siaoz.

in short..dun be too tunnel vision n keep an open mind. dun give him to much pressure also..some guys will appreciate u for it. ;)

diva, i absolutely agree (those in red) with you manz!:seeya:! :):good::good:

i really can't understand why there're people keep on saying that if a man doesn't propose and it means that he isn't sincere. oh god, manz! :dunno: that's UNTRUE lor. :)

there're men who i know also didn't propose to their wives but they treat their wives very nice after married. my hubby is one of those men! :D

Was never romatic guy but in order not to have an excuse for her to complain when we r playing with our grandchildrens in future.. was thinking ways to propose.. so seeking gals opinion of their ideal proposal. Hehe..

Here we hv thai version, french version, common buy-flat version.. also hv a colleague who learnt n sang in his guitar unplugged propsal version. Care to add ons.. hehe :dunno:

My proposal was a whole day affair : ) he invited me out on a big date on the pretext of celebrating our anniversary and v day. Prior to the date, he sent me an invite with the itin, however putting location a, b, c etc instead of the actual location to hype up the suspense.

On that day itself, he brought me out for my favourite breakfast before heading out to the marina where he rented a boat to take me out on a spin. this is to copy the 1st v day we celebrated 7 years ago and i was touched that he rem : )

After lunch, he made me close my eyes til we reached the next destination.. Rasa Sentosa resort..

He took alot of effort in coordinating this as he took half day the day earlier without me suspecting to arrange the room.. when i walked in there was our song playing in the background, potpurri on the sofa, my Favourite flowers sitting in front of a gigantic card... needless to say, i was touched.. but no tears though : )

Dinner time, he took me to..... Jumbo seafood restaurant at stadium waterfront. surprised? i was too, i expected the location as it was the first place we kissed but the restaurant was a surprise, but it ended up well as we had good food... : )

As it was drizzling lightly, there was not many pple about when he asked me for a walk to the bridge where we first kissed afterwhich we went to the side and when i was looking away, he suddenly asked me if there were any stars, which i replied no as it was raining.. and he replied " but i see 3 in a row" and held up a ring against the sky.

He then continued to say that the saleslady told him that the ring is unique and one of the kind and told me that he feels the same way about me and then went down on his knees to ask him to marry me.. i gave him a scare when i said see first (as we had a big fight the day before) but after 2 mins, replied yes and he slipped it on my finger.:) And after that, he mentioned that he proposed exactly at 8pm so that our proposal would have been 2nd Fev 2008 at 8pm.... yup the small things but i was touched nevertheless.

But thats not all.. when we went back to the hotel room, there was one more surprise for me!

He prepared another present! a box filled with goodies..

had the ring cert, a proposal note that he promise to love and take care of me forever, a brides, & home and living magazines so that we can start our preparations and oven mitts and aprons for the both of us and he said the sweetest thing about them "know you love to bake so i bought 2 mitts and aprons so that i can bake with you" !! i melted...

it may not be the most expensive or most romantic proposal but the thought that he took the effort and the time to think of how to propose and the fact that its my proposal makes it perfect to me.

So for all who is planning to propose, dun matter of how elaborate it is, make it special for her and she will rem it for life !! hope my story gives you inspiration!

For my proposal pictures, you can visit my blog at fifteenmay@blogspot.com

Sorry for the long post :yamseng:

Edited by fifteenmay

fifteenmay - that was really alot of effort on his part to touch you... I am sure you will remember it fondly for the rest of your life. !!

Edited by compassvale

fifteenmay - that was really alot of effort on his part to touch you... I am sure you will remember it fondly for the rest of your life. :)

Hi Compassvale,

Yes it s a story that i can pass on to our grandkids next time :thumbs up:

He did put in alot of effort and i am thankful that he thinks i am worth it. :dancingqueen:

Personally, I was touched by the boy's proposal because he went alone to choose the ring and did not tell a single soul about it. He chose a ring that he thought I'd like (I love it!) instead of the typical solitaire diamond ring. To me, the effort he put into choosing the ring and actually listening to what are the types of rings I like, says a lot about his consideration and love.

He proposed at The Venetian at Macau, by the "river" :D It was my birthday and it was supposed to be my "birthday treat". On the actual night of my birthday, he took out the ring and popped the question. My first reaction was "Are you kidding?" :rolleyes:

LOL! **** funny. But in the end, all's well that ends well. We're busy getting our new home ready and will be planning for the wedding soon (next year - 09).

let me share mine also ;)

My proposal date to her was on my birthday. I purposely chosen this date because there are no other special day for us during that month. So i thought that this day will eventually become a special day for me and her

On that day, after her work, she asked me what do i want to eat today cos its my birthday. I told her not to worry abt what to eat, i will arrange everything. So I went to her office to pick her up and we went to City hall. In the car, i told her that "today programme will be quite simple. eat then go home". I purposely told her this so that she will not expect too good food and today programme will be v simple one.

Once we reach Cityhall-Raffles city car park, my heart beats faster and faster- i m getting too nervous hehe cos i am going to execute my plan already (i have planned it for almost a mth). Hope everything is fine. I have passed one stage already, ie. easily found a parking lot and no traffic jam along the way. Means that i will not be late for my restaurant booking.

I brought her from the car park to Swiss Stamford lobby. She asked me, huh why do we come here. I told her "eat loh". Then we went to take a lift to the 70th storey of Raffles City-Equinox. Its the first time she went there. Its my first time also, we are so excited over that restaurant, the night view is :jawdrop: .. i requested a window seat and luckily that restaurant is not crowded at all,hence they gave us window seats. I expected to see sun set but didnt manage to see it that day. Only can see the sky turn from blue to orange then dark. No big round orange sun for us to admire.

We started our dinner at abt 7pm. hmmm..the meals there are v exp..i open my eyes and look at the menu big big. Then i told her lets order anything here! (ahem,although i sounded cool to her but i have a feeling of pocket burning a big hole later). We order 1 set meal each and 1 appetizer and 2 special drinks.

We enjoyed our dinner and the beautiful view across Raffles place and Spore River. Our dinner ended at abt 830pm. In Equinox, there are only 3 couples there (including us). We saw one of the couple, that guy proposed to that girl with the ring in the dish covered with metal covers. all the waiter and waitress clapped their hands after that girl said yes. Hee that was a good moment to see a guy. Normally this can be seen in the tv only and we saw it live. I was smiling to myself-(lucky i didnt propose at the same spot there, phew)

While my xiao long nu is still enjoying the view, i suggested to her "lets go home, today didnt plan any programme already, its quite late..". She is abit disappointed that we left so early. She kept turning back and glance at the view before we leave. We finally left the place and reach the lift lobby at level one.

At lobby, i told her this "dear from this moment, hold ur breathe, dont talk to me for 5mins, just hold my hand and follow me". She just said one word "huh.." and she really kept quiet. I bring her back to the lift, press 51st storey, and brought her up to 51st storey, walked thru a grand/elegant corridor, brought her to one of the room at 51st storey, opened the door, walk straight to the balcony and i kneeled down there. The breezy wind out there at the balcony is making me so nervous. I took out a brilliant rose diamond ring and asked her "dear will you marry me? i promise i will take care of you till we are 88 years old". She nodded her head and this is how we began our next journey..

(pardon me for my poor english above :P )

hmmm i feel that every woman deserved a proposal.

- In future whether how nice the guy treats the girl is another thing.

- Agree tat if a guy didnt propose, doesnt mean that he dont love her.

- Agree that if a guy propose, doesnt mean that he will love her forever.

All make sense..but still, every woman hopes to receive surprise. Proposal is a v memorable experience for her, once in a life time. In future when we gets older, there is no chance to receive this type of proposal already. All the men out there, remember to propose..

Above paragraph is my own opinion la, if dont agree, dont scold me :horse::horse:

Edited by Yang Guo

Good Day everyone,

I have a long race proposal to tell. :0)

- know my present wife for a total of 12 years.

- i knew her when she is 17 years old, well you may say i cheated her :0)

- on our 10 years anniversary, brought her to a yacht club and propose to her. it was a proposal that i took almost a month to think of because in singapore, all location has been done and tried before so i went around and checked and found this place.

well, she never expected anything special because every year on our 27th June is our anniversary we celebrated and even our monthly known date. *dumb right :0) but that is one way we took time to be together.

We were talking about the spectacular view and had some wine after dinner and also that helps to boost up my confidence. so i told her this place is a great place to hold a special event, she has no response. So i said: Dear ah, will it be great to hold our ROM here? she is like *huh! and she smiles and laughs and i knew it is the answer for YES!

- at the end, we did not ROM in the yacht club but got married later in The Legend Country club with inclusive of the ROM on that day in 2008.

- reason is because we(is just us thinking this way and we are not speaking for all) want to marry once and not twice. and doing it once is very different when you ROM and months or years later you got married. you just feel Different!

What the other guy said about man proposing to their girl, i think he is right. Guys should do that and ladies should enjoy the moment. A moment in life that you will tell yourself: at least i was being proposed before and i experienced it. It was Beautiful!

these are just my love story and my view, if you think otherwise, No Problem! Everyone live with a choice... :0) Be hapy and Live Well!

Me.

i realli like this thread .. so sweet , touching ..so real and true to my heart .. even thou I'm not like some luckiest gers mentioned as above ...

mine was simple .. and still fresh in my memories ..

it happened weeks later after we confirmed our resale flat ...

it was very rare of him, coming over to my work place to fetch me ...

i was so happy .. even took some pics b4 we went back to his place ...

back at home , he told me to get a quick shower while he finished up his raid for WOW ...

i was sian to hear that ..

"eh WOW again" .. anyway i was already so tired after work .. whateva ... :furious:

soon later i got myself settled n ready to koon .. he suddenly stopped whatever he was busy with his pc,

tell me < baby i got something to show you ... just look at the screen ... > sounding nervously ...

i went HUH ?? ??

the screen was totally black at 1st .. soon later

the magic words as a screen server < Randall Loves Valerie ....

Would you marry me ??? I love you ! ! ! >

It went on and on ... I was totally stunned ... turning back to face him .. he was kneadin down by then .. and pop out this lovely diamond ring for me .. and repeated the magic words again ...

My tears were well up .. almost cry .. and said yes ... :wub: :wub:

The whole nite later I couldn't sleep .. been luffin , smiling , busy sms to my gfs that ran gave me a diamond ring ... really too sudden for me ... while ran went back to play his WOW again ...

he totally couldn't stand me .. teasin me that i was so wide awake ..

eyes nearly pop out upon seeing the ring ... my lucky ring .. been givin me good lucks eversince .. :wub: :wub:

Well, i totally din expect him to use his whole yr end bouns to get the ring, esp. we had already signed on the confirmation sale form for our house and we did agree that I DON'T NEED A DIAMOND RING since got the house finally and happy to be together ... save up for reno was better idea ....

Later, he explained to me that, he was so so nervous and actually supposed to bring me to changi beach where there was a fren's chalet .. wanna propose to me at the beach but it rained earlier .. and very afraid that the place would be too wet etc ....

After ROM 11 Mar'06, he treats me better than b4 ... his little surprises comes along at the most unexpected places n timings ... :wub: :wub:

He has the same mindset as Yang Guo ... :yamseng:

Do keep this thread goin pls ...

Wah all so romantic.

Agree that not proposing does not mean the guy does not love her or that if propose to her will mean he will love her forever. Its kinda pragmatic but a little contradicting since once the vows are taken, it should be bound by honour & love for each other for a lifetime ba.

Nonetheless, women have a long memory for the little details so guys should not forget to give their women their once in a lifetime memory. Proposal is just a formality but what happens is better than the formality. :)

Edited by BunBun

Wah all so romantic.

Agree that not proposing does not mean the guy does not love her or that if propose to her will mean he will love her forever. Its kinda pragmatic but a little contradicting since once the vows are taken, it should be bound by honour & love for each other for a lifetime ba.

Nonetheless, women have a long memory for the little details so guys should not forget to give their women their once in a lifetime memory. Proposal is just a formality but what happens is better than the formality. :)

yesh yesh :wub: :wub:

*hahah* true true. but not a lot of guys understand ni ren xi...haiz

Some times the ladies need to understand the man stand too.

Relationship is 2 thoughts and single direction. e.g - each have their own style of house to be/wedding to be but only 1 suggestion must be used. :0) If any execution happened or about to start, think first :0)

Hey Diva, i was trying to send you a message to ask you to send me some updates of your painting. thank you. my email - jamesleehh@hotmail.com

Why must it always be the men to propose? The other way also can mah. I am sure the man won't mind and be equally surprised and touched. I will.

At lobby, i told her this "dear from this moment, hold ur breathe, dont talk to me for 5mins, just hold my hand and follow me". She just said one word "huh.." and she really kept quiet. I bring her back to the lift, press 51st storey, and brought her up to 51st storey, walked thru a grand/elegant corridor, brought her to one of the room at 51st storey, opened the door, walk straight to the balcony and i kneeled down there. The breezy wind out there at the balcony is making me so nervous. I took out a brilliant rose diamond ring and asked her "dear will you marry me? i promise i will take care of you till we are 88 years old". She nodded her head and this is how we began our next journey..

(pardon me for my poor english above :P )

hmmm i feel that every woman deserved a proposal.

- In future whether how nice the guy treats the girl is another thing.

- Agree tat if a guy didnt propose, doesnt mean that he dont love her.

- Agree that if a guy propose, doesnt mean that he will love her forever.

All make sense..but still, every woman hopes to receive surprise. Proposal is a v memorable experience for her, once in a life time. In future when we gets older, there is no chance to receive this type of proposal already. All the men out there, remember to propose..

Above paragraph is my own opinion la, if dont agree, dont scold me :horse::horse:

She nv ask you why only 88 years and not forever meh?

i thought we have another thread on proposals liao?