Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
andrew

Windows Film - Where To Buy ?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I'm looking for those windows film, checkered pattern, just translucent will do. May I know where I can buy them ?

balestier road, ubi(opposite automegamart)

balestier road, ubi(opposite automegamart)

hi MaCe is there a specific shop in Balestier that sells them? Could you share the name pls? Thanks! :sport-smiley-004:

hi MaCe is there a specific shop in Balestier that sells them? Could you share the name pls? Thanks! :sport-smiley-004:

Blk 302, opposite automegamart(sell cars)

junction of ubi road 1 and ubi road 2.

near "bodhi xxx ??? " primary or secondary school.

2 storey shophouses, with kopitiams..etc.

go to the corner hardware shop, they got EVERYTHING you need for home diy reno.

1001 types of window film too.

don remember any shop names(even for balestier)

I'm looking for those windows film, checkered pattern, just translucent will do. May I know where I can buy them ?

If your kungfu no good, you may end up paying more than getting someone to do it.

If your kungfu no good, you may end up paying more than getting someone to do it.

Yah . Agree ... speaking from experience.

so can recommend some good reasonable wondow filmers? :jawdrop:

hi there....

i just did my house's doors with solar film....based on a few quotations that i've gotten..the price ranges from S$1.50/sqft (for korean brand)..to S$2.80-S$3.80/sqft or even higher (for american brands) depending on the specifications that you want, such as % of heat rejection, % of light transmission (the greater the heat rejection then most probably the lesser the light transmission), whether mirror-finished, clear or opaque....etc.

Vcool or 3M brands are more expensive...

the key difference between korean and american made film is the quality...

if you cut a small piece of film for each korean-made and american-made film, you'll realise that the korean-made one stretches very very easily...anything that stretches easily can also contract easily...if it is used in-door then the korean-made one should suffice and last for at least 2 years....however, if its for out-door windows/doors, better get the american-made ones...just my 2 cents worth...:jawdrop:

i tried to stretch the american-made one and it didnt even move a milimetre...

anyway, if you are looking for a good installer, can try Danny (96323448)....he came over to my house for a site measurement, showed me the samples (both korean and american), explained pros and cons, and provided quotation......he's fast, accommodating to my schedule, quick to rectify errors (he accidentally installed the film on the wrong side of the glass door and sent his men down the very next day to re-install), and willing to negotiate on pricing....and the most professional of all the quotations i've sourced..

overall a hassle-free experience....good luck! :notti:

hi there....

i just did my house's doors with solar film....based on a few quotations that i've gotten..the price ranges from S$1.50/sqft (for korean brand)..to S$2.80-S$3.80/sqft or even higher (for american brands) depending on the specifications that you want, such as % of heat rejection, % of light transmission (the greater the heat rejection then most probably the lesser the light transmission), whether mirror-finished, clear or opaque....etc.

Vcool or 3M brands are more expensive...

the key difference between korean and american made film is the quality...

if you cut a small piece of film for each korean-made and american-made film, you'll realise that the korean-made one stretches very very easily...anything that stretches easily can also contract easily...if it is used in-door then the korean-made one should suffice and last for at least 2 years....however, if its for out-door windows/doors, better get the american-made ones...just my 2 cents worth...!!

i tried to stretch the american-made one and it didnt even move a milimetre...

anyway, if you are looking for a good installer, can try Danny (96323448)....he came over to my house for a site measurement, showed me the samples (both korean and american), explained pros and cons, and provided quotation......he's fast, accommodating to my schedule, quick to rectify errors (he accidentally installed the film on the wrong side of the glass door and sent his men down the very next day to re-install), and willing to negotiate on pricing....and the most professional of all the quotations i've sourced..

overall a hassle-free experience....good luck! :yamseng:

hi blackmango_juice thanks very much for sharing this! I didn't know there's these difference until read your post! :notti: Do you know how Danny charges for the film installation? eg. labour charges for installation and removal of existing film? Thanks!

hi blackmango_juice thanks very much for sharing this! I didn't know there's these difference until read your post! :bangwall: Do you know how Danny charges for the film installation? eg. labour charges for installation and removal of existing film? Thanks!

hi there...

The quotation that Danny quoted includes the labour charges for installation plus film....

As i did not have existing film, i am not sure whether there will be any charge for removal of existing film..

best advice is just to give him a ring and ask....no harm in asking over the phone ;)

hi there...

The quotation that Danny quoted includes the labour charges for installation plus film....

As i did not have existing film, i am not sure whether there will be any charge for removal of existing film..

best advice is just to give him a ring and ask....no harm in asking over the phone :P

Thanks blackmango juice :P

Do you remember what was the "ratio" of your cost for material vs labour cost? Is it true that labour cost will overwhelm the material cost?

Thanks blackmango juice zz

Do you remember what was the "ratio" of your cost for material vs labour cost? Is it true that labour cost will overwhelm the material cost?

hi there...

actually, the process was more like i choose the film (based on different specifications) from a thick bound catalogue...i asked him how much, and he just quote (like say S$3.50)..it is all in...so i dont really know the ratio between material vs labour costs..

before i engaged Danny, my contractor recommended a window film installer to me working at P*Doors...he was freelancing a bit on the side...the window film samples he showed me was 2 pieces of A4 paper..with small strips cut out and stapled and description of the film by the side..from WindowSS i think....quite unprofessional looking..plus the tiler quoted me upfront S$4/- per sqft (material + labour)...at first i thought it was reasonable and wanted to agree on the spot..but i took the conservative way and said i'll only confirm after checking ard the next day..

guess what? S$4/ can get very good american-made film!zz thank goodness i didnt agree with that installer..then i called up this film company (A&B Films) the next day and they directed me to Danny cos this A&B is a wholesaler supplying films (you can see their catalogue) but they can recommend installers.....tat's the story of how i got to know Danny...

hi there...

actually, the process was more like i choose the film (based on different specifications) from a thick bound catalogue...i asked him how much, and he just quote (like say S$3.50)..it is all in...so i dont really know the ratio between material vs labour costs..

before i engaged Danny, my contractor recommended a window film installer to me working at P*Doors...he was freelancing a bit on the side...the window film samples he showed me was 2 pieces of A4 paper..with small strips cut out and stapled and description of the film by the side..from WindowSS i think....quite unprofessional looking..plus the tiler quoted me upfront S$4/- per sqft (material + labour)...at first i thought it was reasonable and wanted to agree on the spot..but i took the conservative way and said i'll only confirm after checking ard the next day..

guess what? S$4/ can get very good american-made film!:~ thank goodness i didnt agree with that installer..then i called up this film company (A&B Films) the next day and they directed me to Danny cos this A&B is a wholesaler supplying films (you can see their catalogue) but they can recommend installers.....tat's the story of how i got to know Danny...

Oh I see! Actually I'm also awaiting a quote from P*door cos was looking for doors and incidentally found them to be doing film too. The manager said will give me good price cos I'm getting doors from him. Same like what you said, it's the windowSS type with small strips cut out. hehe.. I didn't think too much of it cos he invited me to go down their balestier showroom to see the actual sample. Let's see how much they quote me... thanks so much for sharing your quotes, now i can have a better idea.