Sign in to follow this  
sumobear

Love Odyssey

congratulations :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

think not many have a nursery coz don't have the luxury of space

but don't think there's anything that's a must-have

just a baby cot and a changing station will be sufficient :notti:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Congrats on your upcoming bundle of joy. :) Got to be sure the room is airy. well ventilated enough since babies sleep alot for the most period of their infancy stages. Perhaps you might want to consider a baby walkie, something like a walkie talkie where you can hear the baby crying in the room from your side easier.

Basically, a baby cot, a changing station, a table with baby necessities such as milk powder tin, feeding bottles & um a portable electric kettle (small one) or a thermal pot for hot water to prepare milk unless otherwise. 1 big bowl for hot water to be poured in which you can sterilise milk bottles, pacifiers after use or if dirty. Hmm then you need to have a supply of diapers on standby too. (This is only for the period of infancy stages) When your kid is bigger like about 2yrs & above, you can do a proper designing of a children's playpen or nursery with toys and etc.

Usually white is a safer bet for neutrality. Pastel colours are also good. It just depends on whether its a baby boy or baby girl for your theme.

Edited by BunBun

Ahhh...thanks for the info! I just feel that most babies are somehow not given a space at home, it is more like bunk in with parents until a later stage. I want to dedicate a space for my kid(s). It is very difficult to find nice baby products in Singapore and even if there is, it will be very expensive. The things that I like can actually cost more than the furniture that adults are using.

hi sumobear

nice house!

i love those 3 lanterns you had in the living for CNY!

where you got it? how much?

dun mind to PM me?

thanks

hi sumobear

nice house!

i love those 3 lanterns you had in the living for CNY!

where you got it? how much?

dun mind to PM me?

thanks

Ohh..the lanterns! hehe...it is one of the feature in our home. The lanterns are a gift from my friend who got them from Vietnam. You can find them locally at the chinese shops in Chinatown.

Ahhh...thanks for the info! I just feel that most babies are somehow not given a space at home, it is more like bunk in with parents until a later stage. I want to dedicate a space for my kid(s). It is very difficult to find nice baby products in Singapore and even if there is, it will be very expensive. The things that I like can actually cost more than the furniture that adults are using.

Wah! still got theme some more! the theme depends whether he/she is boy or gal right. u know already? yar sg v hard to find nice baby furniture.

I'm so stressed taking care of my twins!!!arrgh.

my maid is currently using the spare room which is supposed to be the nursery. i'm still thinking of doing up the nursery.. but now my babies hardly sleep there although there is a cot. because we feel its not safe to leave the babies with the maid unsupervised at night.

so will ur mil or your mum be helping to take care of your baby or u diy? :)

Wah! still got theme some more! the theme depends whether he/she is boy or gal right. u know already? yar sg v hard to find nice baby furniture.

I'm so stressed taking care of my twins!!!arrgh.

my maid is currently using the spare room which is supposed to be the nursery. i'm still thinking of doing up the nursery.. but now my babies hardly sleep there although there is a cot. because we feel its not safe to leave the babies with the maid unsupervised at night.

so will ur mil or your mum be helping to take care of your baby or u diy? :)

Wow...you are back! hehe...

I prefer an unisex theme because we planned to have more kids in the future, so nobody can fight over the theme. I think my nursery will function as a dayroom and playroom, baby will sleep with us in the night. My baby's gender will most probably be unveiled during the scan tomorrow, provided our baby is not shy to expose...

Well...grandmother-to-be will definitely fight for their share of the baby but I think we will still prefer to take care of our own baby as long we have the time. Hardship is bound to have when having a baby so we getting ourselves mentally prepared for that day. Right now we are enjoying all the quiet and private moments that we can have before our baby arrives.

Wow...you are back! hehe...

I prefer an unisex theme because we planned to have more kids in the future, so nobody can fight over the theme. I think my nursery will function as a dayroom and playroom, baby will sleep with us in the night. My baby's gender will most probably be unveiled during the scan tomorrow, provided our baby is not shy to expose...

Well...grandmother-to-be will definitely fight for their share of the baby but I think we will still prefer to take care of our own baby as long we have the time. Hardship is bound to have when having a baby so we getting ourselves mentally prepared for that day. Right now we are enjoying all the quiet and private moments that we can have before our baby arrives.

Hehe i think its more of getting yourselves mentally prepared for the NIGHTS. i got panda eyes already.

um.. dun think this is the worst bit. The worst part is that the begining has begun until for the next 20 years. Nightly feeding is only temporary ma. :P:notti: But seeing your kid grow up healthy is life's enjoyment too.

Edited by BunBun

um.. dun think this is the worst bit. The worst part is that the begining has begun until for the next 20 years. Nightly feeding is only temporary ma. :P:notti: But seeing your kid grow up healthy is life's enjoyment too.

hehe i'm only coping with one thing at a time mah. cant think so long and far liao. my night schedule is like feed baby 1, burp baby 1, if baby 1 refuses to sleep and cries to be carried then have to carry baby 1, then baby 2 have to feed and burp and carry then its time to feed baby1 again. finish baby 1 feed baby 2. finish feeding baby 2 feed baby 1. finish feeding baby 1 feed baby 2. and it goes on and on.

i hav a maid to help me with the feeding of 1 baby while i breastfeed the other baby but its still tiring coz have to supervise her as shes new.

just cant wait for the day they stop their night feeds.

oh my goodness. the baby 1 and baby 2 part really got me confused.

thankfully i have no intention to become a mother

if not most prob i'll feed baby 1 then feed baby 1 then feed baby 1 again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

oh my goodness. the baby 1 and baby 2 part really got me confused.

thankfully i have no intention to become a mother

if not most prob i'll feed baby 1 then feed baby 1 then feed baby 1 again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

hahaha! that happend to me ok. my twins are not supposed to be identical twins but they are looking more and more alike. i fed baby 1 and tried feeding baby 1 again when she cried coz i thot its the other twin. aiyo. and they premature so i had to give them vitamins but i keep forgetting who i fed vitamins to.

Tell you what, you put a leg bracelet with a icon or name tag for which twin so that you can identify which is the one you're carrying ma.

You see, its very hard to identify identical twins apart when they've the youth on their side but will be easily discernable with age. Fraternal twins will have similiar facial features but will grow distinctly different slowly. That's what i observed from looking at other people who are twins. Anyway you can extract milk with a pump and store it away for another time, this way you won't feel so tired carrying & feeding one baby after the first.

hahaha! that happend to me ok. my twins are not supposed to be identical twins but they are looking more and more alike. i fed baby 1 and tried feeding baby 1 again when she cried coz i thot its the other twin. aiyo. and they premature so i had to give them vitamins but i keep forgetting who i fed vitamins to.

Tell you what, you put a leg bracelet with a icon or name tag for which twin so that you can identify which is the one you're carrying ma.

You see, its very hard to identify identical twins apart when they've the youth on their side but will be easily discernable with age. Fraternal twins will have similiar facial features but will grow distinctly different slowly. That's what i observed from looking at other people who are twins. Anyway you can extract milk with a pump and store it away for another time, this way you won't feel so tired carrying & feeding one baby after the first.

mine are fraternal lo. i don need a name tag coz there are differences lo. but unless i check for the difference, cant really tell from the face. i'm storing milk now too... but mainly for my mil to help feed when i go back to work..

well, my dad still couldn't tell me and my sister apart when we lie on the bed together

and we are two years apart :lol: :lol: :lol:

wah! 2 years apart still look alike! lucky i don look like my brother. hahaha.

aiya sumobear sorry your thread went off topic on my twins. anyway having kids is a life changing experience. from got life to no life. haha. er just joking.