Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weishun

Melvin & Angeline's Lounge

Wow! Lightings really make a lot of diff! Nice! :P

U had your ceiling in dark grey too? I had wanted to paint my ceiling in a diff colour cos I think it has a very strong visual effect when ceiling is in a diff colour..adds more dimension to your house...unfortunately my ID couldn't do it saying that the ceiling paint is standard white and cannot order a small paint just to paint the ceiling....:dancingqueen:

May I know which dark grey you used? Love your cream walls too!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
same same..i wanted my ceiling to be black or dark grey but ID and HB refused. maybe they think me nuts over black/grey liao...but i do regret not doing it lei...:dancingqueen:

ID told us that ceiling shd be in white cos make your ceiling appear higher...but i think a few areas with coloured ceiling is quite visually stunning.....haiz....too bad he couldn't do it....too practical ID :P

Wow! Lightings really make a lot of diff! Nice! :P

U had your ceiling in dark grey too? I had wanted to paint my ceiling in a diff colour cos I think it has a very strong visual effect when ceiling is in a diff colour..adds more dimension to your house...unfortunately my ID couldn't do it saying that the ceiling paint is standard white and cannot order a small paint just to paint the ceiling....:notti:

May I know which dark grey you used? Love your cream walls too!

Yeah... i wanted my ceilings partially in a different colour to create a spacy visual effect. For painting of the ceiling, you have to push your ID one. For me i die die want it to be done, so ID kinda lan lan have to do.. lol. One thing, dun ever paint your entire ceiling. small parts can but leave majority of it white if not it will make your house look very restricted.

For the colours i have to ask my ID for the colour code then get back to you leh bro.

ID told us that ceiling shd be in white cos make your ceiling appear higher...but i think a few areas with coloured ceiling is quite visually stunning.....haiz....too bad he couldn't do it....too practical ID :dancingqueen:

This is what most IDs will say to save themselve from extra work. In my own opinions, if its something we wan, our IDs should accomodate us rather then his own thoughts.

Edited by weishun

same same..i wanted my ceiling to be black or dark grey but ID and HB refused. maybe they think me nuts over black/grey liao...but i do regret not doing it lei...:P

Hehe since its just the ceiling, its always not too late to get it repainted to your desire colours. Dun regret.. just do it. Trust me.. it makes a whole lot of difference leh.

Hehe since its just the ceiling, its always not too late to get it repainted to your desire colours. Dun regret.. just do it. Trust me.. it makes a whole lot of difference leh.

Yes i agree that since we are PAYING for our reno, we have every right to demand certain things...but too late le lah...we dun wana go and think abt the reno anymore so just leave it as it is lor....i had wanted a part of my ceiling painted in another colour to create that kind of "floating" effect.....we wouldn't want to do it for the entire ceiling. I agree with you that if the whole ceiling is painted dark, there will be a "suppressed" feeling...

Yes i agree that since we are PAYING for our reno, we have every right to demand certain things...but too late le lah...we dun wana go and think abt the reno anymore so just leave it as it is lor....i had wanted a part of my ceiling painted in another colour to create that kind of "floating" effect.....we wouldn't want to do it for the entire ceiling. I agree with you that if the whole ceiling is painted dark, there will be a "suppressed" feeling...

Yup yup. Then see when you free or what.. maybe take 1-2 days leave and self paint the ceiling loh. Hehehe can be quite fun doing the paintings yourself you know.

same same..i wanted my ceiling to be black or dark grey but ID and HB refused. maybe they think me nuts over black/grey liao...but i do regret not doing it lei...:(

yeah...i wanted my ceiling grey too...but discouraged by id....he told us may be too overwhelming.... :unsure:

same same..i wanted my ceiling to be black or dark grey but ID and HB refused. maybe they think me nuts over black/grey liao...but i do regret not doing it lei...:(

the ceiling in my study room is gonna be black... will go take some pics this wkend and show u guys...

if u nuts over black/grey, then me n my hubby must b super crazy... in every room there will b black walls... including the living room... :unsure:

Edited by clearme

the ceiling in my study room is gonna be black... will go take some pics this wkend and show u guys...

if u nuts over black/grey, then me n my hubby must b super crazy... in every room there will b black walls... including the living room... :unsure:

Hahah black walls leh.. too hardcore for me liao lol but would really like to see pictures of your house soon. :(

Anyway some updates for you guys. Tomorrow they are going to complete the 2nd layer painting for my house followed by installation of carpentry works this following week. :) Sit tight guys!

Edited by weishun

hehe waiting to see ur completed hse bro!:)

feeling happy already leh ...can smell the "moving house" air liao hor??haha

Edited by c_stradale

hehe waiting to see ur completed hse bro!:dunno:

feeling happy already leh ...can smell the "moving house" air liao hor??haha

Yah man.. hehe the smell of fresh paint really making me more and more gan chiong to move in leh. Dun worry bro, i will post more pictures very soon. Next week carpentry work starting liao. So do expect alot of pictures coming in. Cheers!

Hooray!! Today is Friday and carpenters are arriving today with my kitchen cabinets. Courts will then be delivering my home appliances on the 30th of this month. Hopefully my kitchen will be ready by then to house my washing machine and fridge which are the two main biggest appliances in my house.

Hooray!! Today is Friday and carpenters are arriving today with my kitchen cabinets. Courts will then be delivering my home appliances on the 30th of this month. Hopefully my kitchen will be ready by then to house my washing machine and fridge which are the two main biggest appliances in my house.

hey weishun.. hehe hearing u say this reminds me of the excitement and anticipation me and hubby felt when renovating our house :sport-smiley-003:

cant wait to see your completed home. do post lots of pictures!:sport-smiley-003:!!

hey weishun.. hehe hearing u say this reminds me of the excitement and anticipation me and hubby felt when renovating our house :dunno:

cant wait to see your completed home. do post lots of pictures!:notti:!!

I just came back from my place. Stopped by while walking home just now since its just opposite my parent's blk. The carpenters are still working on the cabinets. Think will drop by again to take picture when the carpenters leave. Stay tuned! Pictures will come in tonight.

yup yup ! post more pics of ur very bold house ! hehe

Yup.. hehe will do so. Pictures will come in tonight. I too also wish to see the end product the sooner the better.