Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

think the crumple zones did their part.

Jap made.

thats why still can recognise the car.

if it's a korean/china/malaysian - you only see a pile of scrapmetal or either mistaken it as an art scrupture done by comtemporary artistes. :dancingqueen:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
94281524gb6.jpg

see the damage to the car :dancingqueen:

I have one impt question though,

are they sure no one died :notti:

yup don't think anyone died, or even seriously injured

coz though the car looks pretty badly smashed up, the passenger compartment still quite intact

heng all of them were wearing seat belt lor

yup don't think anyone died, or even seriously injured

coz though the car looks pretty badly smashed up, the passenger compartment still quite intact

heng all of them were wearing seat belt lor

now i know the stuff on the brochures are not bull****.

safefu1.jpg

Frontal Collisions:

The high-rigidity body utilises crushable zones to efficiently absorb crash energy in a collision.

no wonder front crush until like dat

bottomline: dun speed too much and push too hard. then we no need to prove how safe the car is !!

gutfeel: the car was going >100km/hr along the bend, probably even >120km/hr

that's it,

i think we should not buy powerful rides for our children next time.

Better not to buy at all,

wait till they are older and get them to buy with their own money.

Maybe even dun lend them the cars. Tell them

"papa give u money take cab safer. It's for your own good." !!

Then they will treasure it and not LOOOOOT the car when they finally buy their own car with their own $$.

Imagine a 18 year old who just got his license driving papa's GTR, trying to impress friends :dancingqueen:

like this young driver, early 20s, 200plus hp cannot handle liao, wanna try 400plus hp? :notti:

POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL

Edited by compassvale

Mace/Apple,

see the red structure on the left? Probably thats why only the bonnet and near bonnet parts genna very jialat,

the red structure held the bottom part of the front structure pretty strongly.

could even stop the broken wheel as seen in the pic ..hehe

41091979rv6.jpg

vehicle structural analysis is fun, should have spent time studying that :sport-smiley-004:

Edited by compassvale

hehe..if this accident did not kill the driver and his friends.

I hope he becomes a better (and safer) driver from now.

thre a saying in mandarin, "Da Nan Pu Si Pi You Ho Fu" :sport-smiley-004:

wow u guys are great, appreciate all ur advice...

i think at this moment i might be thinking of getting mitsubishi lancer sports...

spoke to the sales man and apart from giving me solar film and a 200 voucher, he says cant think of any to give...the key sys, reverse sensor, leather all are included...any other freebies that i can ask for

for insurance, as a opc, shld i get an insurance that includes new for old when in the event i claim for total loss during the first year?

can anyone help me on this...tks

I have one impt question though,

are they sure no one died :sport-smiley-004:

Confirmed no one died...heng !!

Car wrecked in freak road accident, passengers escape with minor injuries

ANOTHER car with young people inside flew off the road on Sunday afternoon in a spectacular crash, the third serious accident here in less than a month.

While the earlier accidents resulted in five deaths, the four men in Sunday's crash escaped from the wrecked Mazda RX-8 with cuts and minor injuries to their faces and shoulders, said police.

The men - who are in their early 20s - were travelling along Yishun Avenue 1 towards Seletar Club Road around 1pm when the almost-new Mazda flipped over a guardrail and onto the pavement.

The impact triggered airbags on both the driver's and front passenger's side.

The injured men were taken, conscious, to Changi General Hospital, the police said.

Meanwhile, the car was badly damaged.

Traffic police statistics show that 29 car drivers have lost their lives on the roads in the past two years and nine of them were under 30.

Many more young drivers get into non-fatal accidents.

In 2006, out of 1,283 drivers who were injured, 250 drivers were under 30.

Figures are not available for the number of passengers who were killed or injured in cars driven by young drivers.

http://www.straitstimes.com/Latest%2BNews/...ory_209935.html

for insurance, as a opc, shld i get an insurance that includes new for old when in the event i claim for total loss during the first year?

If you/your spouse drive as fast and furious as the rx8 above, then probably u need the total loss coverage....

otherwise, if the savings is substantial, then just go without that clause lor.

If not much difference in price, then get the total loss coverage lor. No harm getting more coverage.

wow u guys are great, appreciate all ur advice...

i think at this moment i might be thinking of getting mitsubishi lancer sports...

spoke to the sales man and apart from giving me solar film and a 200 voucher, he says cant think of any to give...the key sys, reverse sensor, leather all are included...any other freebies that i can ask for

go ask around first before getting a lancer.

with the lancer ex out....i felt it's kind of replacing the older lancer model. hope i am wrong.

join this forum and start asking/start reading the technicalities first.

http://www.lancermotoringclub.com

Edited by MaCe

If you/your spouse drive as fast and furious as the rx8 above, then probably u need the total loss coverage....

otherwise, if the savings is substantial, then just go without that clause lor.

If not much difference in price, then get the total loss coverage lor. No harm getting more coverage.

Rear wheel drive and young ppl.

Rear wheel drive and young ppl.

MORE RECKLESS

Dr Ryan Hong, 34, assistant professor at the National University of Singapore's department of psychology, explained: 'Adolescents and young adults tend to have an exaggerated sense of invulnerability to danger. Sensation-seeking as a personality trait peaks during the teenage years, during young adulthood.

'It is quite possible that youths are more sensation-seeking and thus engage in risk-taking behaviour without much consideration of possible negative consequences.'

Of the 10 drivers The New Paper spoke to, four felt young drivers were more reckless.

According to senior sales executive Jeffrey Goh, 31, who belongs to a car club, it is their lack of experience that is their undoing.

The driver of seven years said: 'If you've never met with accidents before, you won't know how scary it is, and you'll be more daring.'

Another reason Mr Goh gives is that younger drivers tend to have a 'hotter temper'.

The driver of a modified Subaru WRX said: 'We're guys and when we see others challenging us, we won't give up.

'It's very mysterious. When you want to play, there's no family, there's no wife or girlfriend. Your mind goes blank, and your temper goes up. You just want to beat the other car. That's all that matters.'

Engineer Andrew Chin, 28, who has been driving for 10 years, agrees that younger drivers tend to be more adventurous, and so, drive faster.

He says it is not unusual to hit 180kmh on expressways in Malaysia.

But a driving instructor of almost 30years, Mr Bob Sim, feels accidents do not happen because drivers are young, but because drivers 'do not understand how a car functions'.

Mr Sim, 60, said: 'So many drivers read their theory books just to pass the test. Many drivers on the road cannot really control the car. They know only how to drive fast.

http://www.asiaone.com/Motoring/News/Story...0224-51142.html