Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
korea

Which Car Are You Driving Now?

hai...oil price go down,

petrol price will still hang on, waiting for the next oil hike again and

go up hand in hand again....

both up together, but only oil price come down....

think have to go apply job at SHELL liao :ph34r:

Shell's 'obscene' £13.9billion profit is biggest ever by British company

Shell smashed all-time British company profit records today, posting 2007 earnings of $27.5billion (£13.9billion), and immediately ran into a storm with union leaders, who are demanding the Government hits the oil giant with a windfall tax.

Shell's profit surge - it is now making a staggering $75million (£38million) a day - on the back of a booming oil price that touched $100 a barrel this winter, was labelled as "obscene" by Tony Woodley of Unite, the UK's largest trade union, as Britons struggle with soaring energy costs.

"Shell shareholders are doing very nicely while the rest of us are paying the price and struggling," said Woodley.

Edited by compassvale

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hai...oil price go down,

petrol price will still hang on, waiting for the next oil hike again and

go up hand in hand again....

both up together, but only oil price come down....

think have to go apply job at SHELL liao :ph34r:

quite tough.. don't think anyone quitting.. :)

quite tough.. don't think anyone quitting.. :P

i go offer to be car valet for the SHELL management at SHELL HOUSE....

think can get good bonus also :D

i am still far away from getting this...

9080129.028.1M.jpg

hai...... :bangwall:

by then petrol SGD$3/litre :curse:

i go offer to be car valet for the SHELL management at SHELL HOUSE....

think can get good bonus also :P

i am still far away from getting this...

9080129.028.1M.jpg

hai...... :bangwall:

by then petrol SGD$3/litre :curse:

Erm... THAT position also i think filled liao. chap there prolly worked there for last 40years.. now his son take over.. lol :D

lol. Get the model kit first.

by then we could be running on palm oil.. why can't oil be 50cents a litre?

commodity depression cannot meh? lol.

i have a question. is it most women drivers are lousy?? :bleah: most men really look down on women drivers. :jawdrop:

I will split your question into 2 catergories.

imho

Women(aunties) = 9 out of 10 are dangerous drivers who never check mirrors, anyhow jam brakes, anyhow turn into main road without looking, anyhow change lane.

Ladies(young ladies) = 9 out of 10 are slow but not dangerous. took forever to turn into a BUSY main road.

I will split your question into 2 catergories.

imho

Women(aunties) = 9 out of 10 are dangerous drivers who never check mirrors, anyhow jam brakes, anyhow turn into main road without looking, anyhow change lane.

Ladies(young ladies) = 9 out of 10 are slow but not dangerous. took forever to turn into a BUSY main road.

some of the young ladies are not slow as last time .. they also fast rider. . and even more fierce than our Lao Taxi driver in Singapore.... after cut into your lane then signal .. or 1 hand driving with phone on the neck and the other hand combing her hair.

some of the young ladies are not slow as last time .. they also fast rider. . and even more fierce than our Lao Taxi driver in Singapore.... after cut into your lane then signal .. or 1 hand driving with phone on the neck and the other hand combing her hair.

Every gender also got yin and yang.

But my personal feel is generally women are "cautious" on the roads :jawdrop:

Btw, how do you guys feel when you're in first lane and there's a car in front of you travelling at 90-100km/h but there's no car in front of him and he simply won't let you pass and won't accelerate?

personally i'll do the flash, horn then beam routine loh

1st lane for overtaking mah, if not overtaking then move over to 2nd lane lah

i've met this kind of drivers a lot of times liao

refuse to accelerate or let me pass never mind, when i go onto the 2nd lane to overtake (though it's wrong) he actually sped up to my speed :)zz

if i'm in really really bad mood, i'll go behind him and lean on my horn all the way zz

Every gender also got yin and yang.

But my personal feel is generally women are "cautious" on the roads :)

Btw, how do you guys feel when you're in first lane and there's a car in front of you travelling at 90-100km/h but there's no car in front of him and he simply won't let you pass and won't accelerate?

any gender practise "cautious" on the road is fine .. but not OVER "cautious" driving 40km/hr on highway or under "cautious" (like driving 80km/hr and no signal on normal road)

on that situation ..i will lane change .. or stay 2-30 km slower than him ... in order to get a good view what is front of him ..

personally i'll do the flash, horn then beam routine loh

1st lane for overtaking mah, if not overtaking then move over to 2nd lane lah

i've met this kind of drivers a lot of times liao

refuse to accelerate or let me pass never mind, when i go onto the 2nd lane to overtake (though it's wrong) he actually sped up to my speed :)zz

if i'm in really really bad mood, i'll go behind him and lean on my horn all the way zz

actually for such blockers, the flash horn and beam will only make them more stubborn not to give way.

only way is still to stay behind till the chance comes to pass him via the 2nd lane as you said and get in front.

make sure the "1st to 2nd and back to 1st lane in front of him" is done so swiftly that he has no chance to speed up to block your path in front of him.

There must also be ample space in 2nd lane, if you can only do the 1st to 2nd lane and end up only beside him or slightly ahead nia, chances are you will not be able to cut back in front of him without the vehicles ahead in 2nd lane now blocking you.

yup i know that

thing is, the overtaking is kinda dependent on the car the road-hogger is driving

guess it's my luck, the hoggers i met are all driving those >2.5l kind of cars

so the moment they see me change lane, they start to speed up liao :)

actually i really don't understand why leh

when i'm on the 1st lane and don't feel like driving fast, i'll keep checking my mirror

the moment i see a car approaching behind me, i'll go into the 2nd lane liao

this is one thing my instructor taught me - never make other drivers brake for you

and once overtake is successful ... jam brake ... because..

YOU TAIL GATE

I JAM BRAKE

and once overtake is successful ... jam brake ... because..

YOU TAIL GATE

I JAM BRAKE

zz zz :no: cannot make others brake lah

if they cannot brake in time how?

i don't tail gate coz i'm afraid i can't brake in time also

not worth risking accident for this kind of people

most to most make him/her sneeze a few more times nia mah (cursing inside the car) :)zz

zz zz :no: cannot make others brake lah

if they cannot brake in time how?

i don't tail gate coz i'm afraid i can't brake in time also

not worth risking accident for this kind of people

most to most make him/her sneeze a few more times nia mah (cursing inside the car) :)zz

if they cannot brke in time ... den it is your time to change a new bumper with bodykits ... and add a spoiler .. change to 3D tail light ...

they know cos u already trigger their *defense* mentality mah....they already

keeping watch of you in their rearview mirror

cos even if u did not flash horn beam, u gotten too near for their rear comfort zone...

so any actions and maneuvers you do, they will take note.

and adjust their driving based on what you are trying to do.

so the thing is see such drivers in front, assess the situation in lanes 1 and 2.

totally no chance to do the maneuver, stay cool and relax, keep a good distance.

so that they will not be triggered and continue yakking away with families/frens in the car,

listening to music (thinking the one at the back not aggressive, kept good distance behind, so

no need to keep looking at rear mirror)

so once the space comes, you move.

and by the time they notice, u are already by their side,

by the time they step, u are already halfway or totally in front back in lane 1.

:)

Edited by compassvale