Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Hi all, I've a brand new OM Andrew sofa for sale. Its still in the box, have not even opened it since it arrived last Saturday. Colour is cream. The unique part of this sofa is that you can slide the seat out and the backrest will adjust accordingly plus its deep seated so that its very comfortable.

Original price is about $2500+ (overseas fabric), after discount obtained by ID, I paid $1980+. Price negotiable, willing to let go at a discount (purchase and delivery order available). Picture of the sofa displayed at OM showroom:

02062007001.jpg

Reason to sell: Vincent thought that the L-shape sofa can be separated so we can put the 3 seater in the living and lounge seater in our MBR but when the delivery man delivered the sofa (after 4 weeks of anxious waiting), informed us cannot be done due to the sliding mechanism so must be fixed together (bursting my bubble of joy and excitement). After some checks, confirmed that it cannot be separated so got to sell it as its too long to fit into my living. But I really really really love this sofa. Sighs.. :notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Hi all, I've a brand new OM Andrew sofa for sale. Its still in the box, have not even opened it since it arrived last Saturday. Colour is cream. The unique part of this sofa is that you can slide the seat out and the backrest will adjust accordingly plus its deep seated so that its very comfortable.

Original price is about $2500+ (overseas fabric), after discount obtained by ID, I paid $1980+. Price negotiable, willing to let go at a discount (purchase and delivery order available). Picture of the sofa displayed at OM showroom:

02062007001.jpg

Reason to sell: Vincent thought that the L-shape sofa can be separated so we can put the 3 seater in the living and lounge seater in our MBR but when the delivery man delivered the sofa (after 4 weeks of anxious waiting), informed us cannot be done due to the sliding mechanism so must be fixed together (bursting my bubble of joy and excitement). After some checks, confirmed that it cannot be separated so got to sell it as its too long to fit into my living. But I really really really love this sofa. Sighs.. :notti:

the coffee table in the pic looked nice also.. it's one of the type my hubby n i was looking for.

Sofa re-shopping today. So tiring. A joy its supposed to be but I feel its so torturous since I'm reworking.

Objective is .a. either two 3-seater or one 3-seater & one 2-seater coz one is for living and one is for MBR, .b. legs must be low and stainless steel if visible and .c. in cream fabric.

01062007.jpg

02062007003.jpg

02062007005.jpg

02062007007.jpg

02062007011.jpg

02062007010.jpg

02062007012.jpg

Finally going to get the one below that wasn't on display in the showroom of the furniture shop we were at but on its website. Same price as they sell one above (almost wanted to buy that) but the clean lines is more like my OM Andrew that I love so much. Feeling happy in a way that, at least I managed to find my replacement sofa. BUT, I can't afford two new sofas if I can't sell the OM sofa I'm holding on to. :lol: If really no choice, buy one for the living first lor. Or else I got to give up buying furnishing for the house.

sofa.jpg

When we were at Liang Courts OM first thing today (did go to the one at IMM as near our place last night but only a few sofas on display) and there was this salesman that simply pisses me off. Feel like bashing him up. Think he very smart alec and handsome and cool when he's a nerd lor. Calls himself a stylist, omg, let me puke first! :notti:

Edited by LinDa

Hi LinDa,

The choice you made on the unavailable (white) is a very nice sofa.

Btw, you can not trade in for another design with the one that is not suitable?

We are looking for a large L-shape sofa too but looking at a modern design with leather ideally. Your OM Andrew is very nice & clean cut design but may not suitable for our design & color scheme.

Hope you can find a buyer quickly.

Where did you bought your Toshiba System 4 Inverter from? Why decided over the Mit system 4 Inverter?

Thanks

the coffee table in the pic looked nice also.. it's one of the type my hubby n i was looking for.

ai yo, my main thing was the sofa u look at the coffee table can!! hehehe, i cannot buy this type lei, i blind one.. transparent later i cannot see will surely bang into it.. :unsure:

so u bought already??

added you le. :P

can chit chat le lei.. :P

oo i see.. think i saw it too!! but we have lesser need for the extra tap on the shower mixer so got this instead.. wanted a more clean cut look.. :P where u buy and how much?? i saw ssc oso selling something similar (different rain shower head only) for $598!!

I bought it at Hoe Kee. Got about slightly less than $400. :P

DSC04678.jpg

How good if i have the budget to hack away the ugly HD* tiles... :unsure:

Hey, your house is progressing really well...i'm sure u will be able to settle your sofa issue soon...Good Luck ! :)

Hi LinDa,

The choice you made on the unavailable (white) is a very nice sofa.

Btw, you can not trade in for another design with the one that is not suitable?

We are looking for a large L-shape sofa too but looking at a modern design with leather ideally. Your OM Andrew is very nice & clean cut design but may not suitable for our design & color scheme.

Hope you can find a buyer quickly.

Where did you bought your Toshiba System 4 Inverter from? Why decided over the Mit system 4 Inverter?

Thanks

tks!!

can trade-in but i can't find any i like at om to replace it today so got to try to sell it on my own first lor.. if really no choice, then sell back to them and use the credit for something else at om.. and cough up with more cash to buy the one i like above..

if u like om andrew design, u can go over om and buy coz it comes in many types of material.. just that my choice was a cream overseas woven fabric.. :)

aircon falls under hubby's category lei so i know nuts abt it.. haha.. but from wat i understand, he chose toshiba coz its made in japan and toshiba is the first aircon company to come up with inverter technology so is supposedly to be more advanced/well researched for inverters.. we bought it from best tech (another name displayed on the shop front is aircon hub) at imm.. the sales staff there is very patient (my hubby went there like 5 times to ask them this and that abt air cons).. especially this chap call desmond tok.. find him quite a nice guy when i went along with hubby one of the times, he looks like a buddhist monk so i feel he is less likely to cheat me.. hahaha~

I bought it at Hoe Kee. Got about slightly less than $400. :)

How good if i have the budget to hack away the ugly HD* tiles... :unsure:

Hey, your house is progressing really well...i'm sure u will be able to settle your sofa issue soon...Good Luck ! :)

i find mixers nowadays is a 'xue wen' lor.. so many ways to twist and turn.. there was this once, i was at my friend's place during cny helping her preparing for steamboat, went to the toilet to fill a pail of water, end up turning on the showerhead and got wet!! :P imagine new yr clothes mei mei at other people house and W-E-T..

hee, u can consider spray painting like wat air did too.. cheaper, less hassle and oso as nice!! blue is quite ok and yr condition is so good so hack oso wasted lei.. practical to save the money do something else.. unless u r so rich like wat u wish to do it.. hee.. my old one is like orangey/beigy le.. i did overlay to reduce some cost, hacking still got hacking and make good cost.. :P

tks for yr best wishes, i hope so too.. :)

Edited by LinDa

We might drop by OM and see if the design & color suit us. If find something we like then can offset your OM Andrew :unsure: .

We also visited one of the air-cond shop (ISO certified) in IMM and it was the one next (right) to the "Gain City"...not sure if thisis the same shop where you purchased yours??. Price is quite good and are offering free upgrade to a better pipe materials and get a free standing fan.

tks!!

can trade-in but i can't find any i like at om to replace it today so got to try to sell it on my own first lor.. if really no choice, then sell back to them and use the credit for something else at om.. and cough up with more cash to buy the one i like above..

if u like om andrew design, u can go over om and buy coz it comes in many types of material.. just that my choice was a cream overseas woven fabric.. :P

aircon falls under hubby's category lei so i know nuts abt it.. haha.. but from wat i understand, he chose toshiba coz its made in japan and toshiba is the first aircon company to come up with inverter technology so is supposedly to be more advanced/well researched for inverters.. we bought it from best tech (another name displayed on the shop front is aircon hub) at imm.. the sales staff there is very patient (my hubby went there like 5 times to ask them this and that abt air cons).. especially this chap call desmond tok.. find him quite a nice guy when i went along with hubby one of the times, he looks like a buddhist monk so i feel he is less likely to cheat me.. hahaha~

We might drop by OM and see if the design & color suit us. If find something we like then can offset your OM Andrew :P .

We also visited one of the air-cond shop (ISO certified) in IMM and it was the one next (right) to the "Gain City"...not sure if thisis the same shop where you purchased yours??. Price is quite good and are offering free upgrade to a better pipe materials and get a free standing fan.

really really really kind of u to offer to help me offset.. i appreciate yr gesture a lot.. i never even thought of doing it this way (think i'm too wind up to be creative with my solutions).. thank you thank you thank you..

could be but not sure coz there are like 3 aircon shops side by side.. we could choose our free gift, hubby opt for the multi-grill.. standing fan was one of the option too.. :unsure:

Edited by LinDa

Will try but no guaranty hor...

You might want to update your earlier selling post to have the option to change other design & model at OM in case others may also be interested in it. I think may have a higher chance of getting a buyer that way.

So if anybody thinking of getting some sofa from OM shop :unsure::P please assist LinDa.

All the best :P

really really really kind of u to offer to help me offset.. i appreciate yr gesture a lot.. i never even thought of doing it this way (think i'm too wind up to be creative with my solutions).. thank you thank you thank you..
Edited by lifestyle

ai yo, my main thing was the sofa u look at the coffee table can!! hehehe, i cannot buy this type lei, i blind one.. transparent later i cannot see will surely bang into it.. :unsure:

so u bought already??

can chit chat le lei.. :P

i oni soon bian bio the coffee table as it's in front of the sofa mah... no leh, haven buy.. but i hinted to my hubby dat GST increasing, muz quickly go shopping liao.

Will try but no guaranty hor...

You might want to update your earlier selling post to have the option to change other design & model at OM in case others may also be interested in it. I think may have a higher chance of getting a buyer that way.

All the best :P

no worries.. i'm already touched by yr thots le.. :P

your suggestion is really good but i think the chances are really low coz the views for posts in that sub-forum is very little.. anyways, will give it a shot..

i oni soon bian bio the coffee table as it's in front of the sofa mah... no leh, haven buy.. but i hinted to my hubby dat GST increasing, muz quickly go shopping liao.

haha.. but the uno model u eyeing and this transparent model is very big difference lei.. hehe, yr taste is very wide can.. :unsure: ya, not only gst increase, now got gss somemore!!

As usual, was paraoid again after deciding on the laminate colours that time but guess Vincent is pretty good at colours coordination so his recommendations did not go wrong. Bedroom wardrobe doors were fitted last Friday and the centre portion which uses colourful streaks looks nice against the green walls. *phew*

27052007005.jpg

27052007006.jpg

Hi Linda,

I've also use the same colorful streaks as your wardrobe, our wall is in purple color.

hope it will turn out as good as yours :dunno:

Hi Linda,

Is it becos of location u are getting a resale in BP as I believe there are still lots of empty flat in BP. Mind if I ask how much u paid for your resale.

Actually BP was my first choice but we ended up getting one in Wd because my sisters and parents are residing here and my in laws is in Yishun so more convi for us to get ard on weekend.

Read abt ur sofa plight and mus be frustrating for u, I have my fair share of hiccups as well during my hunting process but I mus say on retrospect it is a enjoyable exp and my only grouse was that we did not spend enuff time looking ard for a sofa and my next sofa I will definately get from either OM or Cellini.