Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Hi Linda, saw the mirror that you bought from IKEA... Isit a brown one with suede material?? Just I bought that one 1year plus ago... If thats the same one, you must be careful of the material.. cos it will start to peel off due to moisture n heat... Somemore you are hanging yours in the toilet.

Mine is kept in the bedroom and leaning against the wall.. after some time, I moved it and found that it peeled and left a whole line of brown suede against the wall.. also when cleaning, cannot use a cloth and just wipe over... the suede will start to clump and peel off too... !! quite troublesome, so now I can only dust it lightly...

I got the same mirror in my bedroom too...Don't think that is suede leh...think is PVC....:dunno:

Ahh can peel off over time one ah...haiz...ikea things hor...really cannot buy a lot...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I got the same mirror in my bedroom too...Don't think that is suede leh...think is PVC....:P

Ahh can peel off over time one ah...haiz...ikea things hor...really cannot buy a lot...

Ya, not suede but also dunno wat material .. :P .. not cheap leh.. so sad lor.

Ikea stuff not lasting but very nice and some quite affordable.. then i cheapskate hor, always like to go back there.. :P

tks!! yup, just spoke with Vincent this afternoon:

today - tear down study wallpaper

tmr - balance carpentry

fri - painting

sat - cleaning

:sport-smiley-003:

but still got lots of defects to rectify.. :P

$288 is very affordable looking at the fantastic end result.. :D now u winks decal guru liao!! haha.. very active discussion on decals, i like!! ;)

huh, is it i confused den?? i thot recess walls can be anyway le.. oops..

wa, diy wallpapers?!? u li hai lei.. my colour tone is a bit hard to achieve with paint as its a bit of bronzy brown black.. but they are touching up with black marker or whatever coz there are some shrinkages.. tks.. it looks nice on the walls lor just that if u look hard and long and near enough, its not perfect.. :P

r u lilian from my office?? :jawdrop: if not, which lilian har? i dun noe many lilians but i dun think the world is so small until i meet the lilian in my office on a forum lei.. :D

haha.. i oso tearing down my wallpapered study room wall and just paint it.. looks nicer..

its done by my id workers lor.. they are the ones doing the carpet, the cushion headboard and the wallpapers.. u sure goodrich people can do it perfectly?? my id say not possible.. really ar?? i must go scold him liao.. 8|

i didn't koe i now wink decal guru liao... i agree $288 is worth after seeing the end result.

Headboard 90% done. Left the bottom 2 pieces pending due to the electrical wiring or something. I'm not really a fan of brown but it turns out to be ok. Guess I'll let Vincent live another day. Haha~ Told him I'll kill him if its not nice (coz I really don't like brown alot but he says it will be very nice). :P

05062007005a.jpg

My messy kitchen area due to all my appliances that has been delivered. Asked Vincent if its safe since he has quite a number of workers having the key to the padlock of my unit (basically the company just do many locks and can be open with one key that they duplicate many many). He guarantees its safe and I hope so lor. Will get heart attack if my fridge, washer, dryer, plasma tv, lcd tv, air con or sanitary is missing.

05062007009a-1.jpg

Fridge still in box. Can't wait to open it this Saturday. Actually a bit worry in the sense, everytime they deliver something I cannot check if its working immediately lor. Like I haven't test my hood, oven, hood etc, what if its spoilt and they don't allow me to change coz its like after 7 days or what like handphones can do one-for-one exchange within the first 7 says if faulty.

05062007010a.jpg

Teka hob finally fitted in. We chose the cheaper one with the stainless steel border to match the fridge, oven, sink and roller shutter. Good la, at least can save some moeny and looks nice. There's a gap all around though. Very minimal but still can see lor. Must ask Vincent if want to silicon it.

05062007011a.jpg

The Teka oven is also fitted. The stainless steel finishing is really so much more compatible with the rest of my fixtures than the Rinnai one. There's also a gap between the oven and the bottom drawer, don't know if its for ventilation. Must ask Vincent about it.

02062007014.jpg

Was admiring all the DIY stuffs at Mist t-blog. How I wish I got such talent for it. Maybe get a sewing machine next year when I'm more free after finishing my part time course. :bangwall:

dat time my reno my ID used number lock.. so we juz remember by the number.. no need key.. i oni move my appliances over after reno complete... i beri scare my things go missing one. the oni thing dat was in before reno complete was my UFO loveseat

so $150 if DIY ah?

besides wink, is there any other company doing similar stuff? We saw the same newspaper thingy published in their website and wanted to try it out......but the delays of our renovation hold us back.....

yes, min. $150 for winktailor if u diy urself

Haha i only sent him an email with my house pics and the wall measurements and ask him to give me a quote...haven't signed yet lah...the visualisation will only be done after we confirmed engagin him right??

Hey blurberi, 288 is really a good price...i asked ryan abt it and he told me that promo was becuase at that time they just launched this...lucky you!:dancingqueen: he also told me if self install is about 100-200 cheaper....i think because minus the labour.....but lotus is really nice.....monroe very striking but i scared at night i will kena scared by it....haha.... :P

Will show you all the visualisation if I confirmed with ryan :unsure:

yes, after confirm den visualisation...

yes, if u diy urself is min. order $150.... hehe, wait u get a shock when u see monroe in the middle of the nite.

Hihi Blueberi, thnks for the website of winks!

LinDa, not sure if the decals r on goodrich website but it's new...they only have picture at shop, no pdts yet den. At last check, they told wld be importg sme sample. the one such as bluberi decal size wld be at least $200++ plus importing fee smemre.... :sport-smiley-003:

If i rem correctly, their decal is ownself DIY paste on wan.....dats why I looking for alternative such as winks...hee

:dancingqueen:

envy u so much =( ... my mum says NO to my kitchen using tat electric one ... so sleek .. so nice ...

i thot u staying alone?? or yr mom will go over yr place to cook?? older folks usually disapprove electric one lor.. u ask yr mom to choose between yr choices la - electric one or charcoal one?? :notti: keke..

Yup... Goodrich pple did a nice job.. next time i show you mine... =)

Now Im so tempted to do decals...heehee

so good.. but how much extra did it cost for goodrich people to do it?? a lot??

monroe very striking but i scared at night i will kena scared by it....haha.... :P

Will show you all the visualisation if I confirmed with ryan :yamseng:

sorry la, but can i ask wat is monroe?

Hi Linda, saw the mirror that you bought from IKEA... Isit a brown one with suede material?? Just I bought that one 1year plus ago... If thats the same one, you must be careful of the material.. cos it will start to peel off due to moisture n heat... Somemore you are hanging yours in the toilet.

Mine is kept in the bedroom and leaning against the wall.. after some time, I moved it and found that it peeled and left a whole line of brown suede against the wall.. also when cleaning, cannot use a cloth and just wipe over... the suede will start to clump and peel off too... :bleah: quite troublesome, so now I can only dust it lightly...

the colour on the label says dark brown lor.. but under normal lighting looks black, under spotlight looks brown.. it feels like suede..

i just called vincent to ask him abt it after i saw yr post.. hehe.. he says high chance of wat happen to yrs happening on mine but cheap things are not practical.. :notti: if willing to spend $300 maybe can get a good quality one that will not peel.. :bleah:

i will take note to be extra careful when handling it.. tks for yr advice!!

actually i'm hoping to find a pvc (leather lookalike) one instead.. anyone got any lobang??

I got the same mirror in my bedroom too...Don't think that is suede leh...think is PVC....:P

yrs pvc?? vincent did mention he saw a leather alike one in ikea before but when i asked the ikea people, they say it could be the previous batch.. i went to tampines one and alexandra one, both is suede alike material lei.. lwhen u buy one?? ucky u!! can we swop?? :notti:

dat time my reno my ID used number lock.. so we juz remember by the number.. no need key.. i oni move my appliances over after reno complete... i beri scare my things go missing one. the oni thing dat was in before reno complete was my UFO loveseat

haha.. number lock lagi more dangerous.. can hack more easily.. anyways, i tell vincent, if any of my appliances go missing, he will buy a new one for me.. haha.. :P since he guarantee it will not lor..

LinDa, not sure if the decals r on goodrich website but it's new...they only have picture at shop, no pdts yet den. At last check, they told wld be importg sme sample. the one such as bluberi decal size wld be at least $200++ plus importing fee smemre.... :jawdrop:

If i rem correctly, their decal is ownself DIY paste on wan.....dats why I looking for alternative such as winks...hee

:notti:

i havent been to their shop before, is it in changi or something?? when we chose the wallpaper, vincent had the catalogue..

it's a design of the wink decal

you can see it from here

OOOoooo.. marilyn monroe! hehe.. tks!

i'm scrutinising the novita steam iron brochure now.. haha.. if got discount, cfm buy dis wkend..

Robinsons having sale this weekend. Was thinking of buying a steam iron but I just called their outlet at Centrepoint to ask and they says that electricals is not included in the sales. Imagine if under household, you will get 20% (sale) + 20% (special household sale) = 40% discount! Irons should be under household what! But even normal sale also not applicable. :rofl:

Taka is selling it too and Taka sale is just over (same as CK Tang). :unsure: Think I got to wait till the next sale is here for Taka since I got the Taka card. Plus I still have yet to use my Taka vouchers.

But I'm also thinking if I should buy the Novita (more expensive) one or Princess one after reading some reviews on it in the forum. Any comments?

NovitaIron.jpg

Princess.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Robinsons having sale this weekend. Was thinking of buying a steam iron but I just called their outlet at Centrepoint to ask and they says that electricals is not included in the sales. Imagine if under household, you will get 20% (sale) + 20% (special household sale) = 40% discount! Irons should be under household what! But even normal sale also not applicable. :unsure:

Can get bedsheets mah....good deal....ocbc robinsons card got additional discount?

Can get bedsheets mah....good deal....ocbc robinsons card got additional discount?

ya hor.. but bedsheets is considered household anot?? maybe tmr go look see look see.. :good: aiming for white bedsheets.. :sport-smiley-004:

was at robinsons centrepoint

the salesman say although no discount, they give additional 3 years warranty which is worth $60 :good:

what is the difference between the princess one and the novita one?

me saw the novita one so tempting coz can just hang the clothes there and steam :sport-smiley-004:

was at robinsons centrepoint

the salesman say although no discount, they give additional 3 years warranty which is worth $60 :)

what is the difference between the princess one and the novita one?

me saw the novita one so tempting coz can just hang the clothes there and steam :bangwall:

must ask warranty cover what.. so the extended warranty only applicable in the robinsons sale now??

princess one is the cheaper version.. think $199.. but actually if u buy novita ss16 abt $239, not big difference.. the one with metal plate (ss19) is more expensive at $373.. but ss16 only blue and green whereas ss19 comes in black and silver.. i very colour consious one.. :P

when i did the search and read some of the reviews, some of the forummers say both brands like works almost the same.. so i dun noe if i spend more.. one of them did say the one with metal plate can iron lines.. but the salesman i talk to at ck tang say ss16 (without metal plate) oso can iron lines.. got metal plates looks more reliable ma.. :dunno:

delimma now le.. pocket very dry already but feel like getting ss19.. trying to convince myself the cheaper one is the same.. :bleah:

Edited by LinDa

Robinsons having sale this weekend. Was thinking of buying a steam iron but I just called their outlet at Centrepoint to ask and they says that electricals is not included in the sales. Imagine if under household, you will get 20% (sale) + 20% (special household sale) = 40% discount! Irons should be under household what! But even normal sale also not applicable. :dunno:

Taka is selling it too and Taka sale is just over (same as CK Tang). :bangwall: Think I got to wait till the next sale is here for Taka since I got the Taka card. Plus I still have yet to use my Taka vouchers.

But I'm also thinking if I should buy the Novita (more expensive) one or Princess one after reading some reviews on it in the forum. Any comments?

NovitaIron.jpg

Princess.jpg

i got the princess steam iron.. my mum bought it but seldom use... she gave it to mi.. i tink it dun really steam the clothes until no cease (correct spelling?) on it or was it i lousy at steaming clothes? :bleah:

i got the princess steam iron.. my mum bought it but seldom use... she gave it to mi.. i tink it dun really steam the clothes until no cease (correct spelling?) on it or was it i lousy at steaming clothes? :bangwall:

i think only 90% crease free le.. oso its not going to be crispily straight la i guess but i'm happy as long as its not crumpled.. haha.. but my hubby siao la, he says actually no point iron ma, u wear awhile then will be straight liao! keke..

hmmm, then i think i should get the novita ss19 with metal plate.. should be more effective.. the guy demostrate like super easy lor.. i guess it does needs some practise ba..