Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

yes yes totally agree

these things are going to last you for years

and if you take the cost of the item, divide it by 365days and no. of years

your cost per day is really negligible

that's what i used to convince myself about the AK anyway :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Worth it if you enjoy it at the end of the day, look at it this way the flat cost u over a quarter mil and u are goin to spend the next 20 /30 years paying for it, so why sweat on the necessities :)

When ur hse is done up and people come during housewarming and give u credits for it thats the time u know all is worthwhile.

appreciate the consolation.. really.. can't get to sleep last night knowing i spent so much on sanitary alone.. :bangwall: still considering on the housewarming part.. find place don't have enough sitting area after i do up everything to invite people.. :) do u think i can do the reception at void deck like those malay wedding?? :good: funnt anot har??

yes yes totally agree

these things are going to last you for years

and if you take the cost of the item, divide it by 365days and no. of years

your cost per day is really negligible

that's what i used to convince myself about the AK anyway :rofl:

appreciate the consolation.. really.. can't get to sleep last night knowing i spent so much on sanitary alone.. :) haha, u sound like insurance salesman can, divide divide divide! how much u spent on yr ak in total?? maybe it will make me feel better after knowing it?? :lol:

Requested the Vincent to change this light switch (and another one under my breakfast counter) to chrome/silver one instead (wanted black at first but he says no contrast :bangwall:). I find that white looks a bit too outstanding against the black. But I don't understand why Vincent don't want to design it hidden somewhere inside the kitchen cabinets like the cabinet in my roller shutter door that you see below the switch or in the cabinet beside which is hiding my h/s door. When I asked him, he says its a European kitchen look where they have their switches on their cabinets. Really meh? :)

KitchenCabinet.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Hi,

May i know which Lookz branch did you get all your items? Cos when i went to the one in Balastire Rd they don't know much about the ovens they sell..some more have to read up the brochure and say can do baking and not much helpful :) . I ask for quick explanation on some oven and ask where is their main agent so can see more range...got reply from the sale lady that "it's somewhere in Singapore" and she went on and serve another customer...i went :) and gently walk out the shop and decided to find another shop.

Not very good customer feedback from me.

Total spent at Lookz for my sanitary : S$4,319.32

Finally got time to total up my sanitary costs now. :bangwall: I think I'm crazy to spend so much. Too impulsive. :good:

dun think it'll console you much

paid $509 after all the discounts

but then again, these things will be fixed above the sink and used only when i cook :bangwall:

so that's pretty expensive compared to the sanitary fixtures which you will use everyday.

me not changing anything in the bathroom but my toilet accessories also going to cost me $1.2k liao leh

so yours in considered pretty okay le :)

Hi,

May i know which Lookz branch did you get all your items? Cos when i went to the one in Balastire Rd they don't know much about the ovens they sell..some more have to read up the brochure and say can do baking and not much helpful :lol: . I ask for quick explanation on some oven and ask where is their main agent so can see more range...got reply from the sale lady that "it's somewhere in Singapore" and she went on and serve another customer...i went :) and gently walk out the shop and decided to find another shop.

Not very good customer feedback from me.

i believe lookz has only one outlet in singapore which is the one that you went to at balestier. that's where I bought mine.

i think they get their hobs/hoods/ovens from those main agent. so like mine is teka, they purchase from teka and its actually teka people doing the delivery. i know if you want a detailed explanation on the teka's products functions, you can go to teka's showroom at clemenceau. the lady (a bit old old one) whom attended to me is very knowledgeable about teka's range like telling me which is better value, what is unique about each model etc.

other common brands like rinnai, cuizino I don't know if they have their own showrooms anot. but from what I read so far, forummers usually buy from these distributors and not the main agent.

anyways, i very evil la. i went teka showroom to check everything out but did not buy from them coz I wanted to consider then I went to lookz first that day when I wanted to buy everything. so since i was already at lookz and they are selling at the same price so i too lazy make a trip back to teka to buy. :P

did have a bad experience with lookz though as told you previously on the new oven price. :good:

anyways, you can try to ask yr ID to get 20% from teka (if you are thinking of their products) for you. my ID told me that he is able to get 20% with his ID namecard and other IDs should be able to too. just that, sometimes, they take the 20% as commission undertable and not pass back to the homeowner. and so far, i know 20% discount for teka is quite the max max le(other than UU where I read they can give more but stopped doing so after warnings from teka - don't know how true also).

good luck in yr hunt! :rofl:

dun think it'll console you much

paid $509 after all the discounts

but then again, these things will be fixed above the sink and used only when i cook :P

so that's pretty expensive compared to the sanitary fixtures which you will use everyday.

me not changing anything in the bathroom but my toilet accessories also going to cost me $1.2k liao leh

so yours in considered pretty okay le :)

u cook everyday then very 'wu hua' liao lor! :D

i'm tightening my belt on everything else already..

but going ikea later to get my storage systems for h/s (so that vincent workers can mount this tuesday) and i've done the calculation, setting me back at another $400.. :)

wow.. i din know sanitary fixtures can cost that much.. :P

I think you still got other stuffs not accounted for.. like the total reno cost.. ;)

i nv think so much coz the invoices are spilt up so i did not total up.. :bangwall: i siao liao..

..precisely..on..the..other..costs.. u think 11th floor jump down will die not har?? then my hubby can get my insurance payout to pay the bills or maybe he can do it! later scissors, paper, stone.. :P

Edited by LinDa

Thanks for the advice & comments. Guess must be one of those days for me where the sales person is too busy...It was not Teka oven (cos i know quite well the product) that i enquired but the promo Franke oven & sink.

i believe lookz has only one outlet in singapore which is the one that you went to at balestier. that's where I bought mine.

..precisely..on..the..other..costs.. u think 11th floor jump down will die not har?? then my hubby can get my insurance payout to pay the bills or maybe he can do it! later scissors, paper, stone.. :)

btw, you taking reno loan or all cold hard cash??

u cook everyday then very 'wu hua' liao lor! :)

i'm tightening my belt on everything else already..

but going ikea later to get my storage systems for h/s (so that vincent workers can mount this tuesday) and i've done the calculation, setting me back at another $400.. :)

i nv think so much coz the invoices are spilt up so i did not total up.. :bangwall: i siao liao..

me where got time to cook everyday

now got to work very hard coz spent so much on the flat :D

can only 'admire' my AK when i reach home at night :)

guess to console ourselves can use these methods:

1. like i've mentioned earlier, divide and divide so daily cost not so high

2. we paid like 300 grand for the flat, 10% - 20% renovation cost is actually quite standard

3. we are going to stay in the flat for at least 5 years, better to spend money now than spend time later :good: coz this didn't do that didn't buy right? :lol:

me not even going to get the storage system

will use those plastic storage boxes and stack them high

wait till got money then buy and DIY

actually $4k for the number of items you buy not high at all loh

most important is the 'throne' must be comfortable if not will get constipated :rofl:

Thanks for the advice & comments. Guess must be one of those days for me where the sales person is too busy...It was not Teka oven (cos i know quite well the product) that i enquired but the promo Franke oven & sink.

i think franke has a showroom at jln kilang near queesnway area.. maybe u can go there and check it out directly?? :P i bypassed it when i was searching for massimmo showroom on the same road.. u can go massimmo see their sofas after that, hear forummers say got nice sofa! :lol:

btw, you taking reno loan or all cold hard cash??

total reno cost hitting $80k.. 2/5 loan and 3/5 cash.. :good:

This is such a personal question, I find. Very inappropriate.

i'm ok with sharing.. no harm.. :P

me where got time to cook everyday

now got to work very hard coz spent so much on the flat :P

can only 'admire' my AK when i reach home at night :)

guess to console ourselves can use these methods:

1. like i've mentioned earlier, divide and divide so daily cost not so high

2. we paid like 300 grand for the flat, 10% - 20% renovation cost is actually quite standard

3. we are going to stay in the flat for at least 5 years, better to spend money now than spend time later :bangwall: coz this didn't do that didn't buy right? :)

me not even going to get the storage system

will use those plastic storage boxes and stack them high

wait till got money then buy and DIY

actually $4k for the number of items you buy not high at all loh

most important is the 'throne' must be comfortable if not will get constipated :rofl:

u make me so much better already! tks girl.. i oso gg home to admire every night.. no more shopping nites, no more binges on good food, no more 'lim chiu' session.. :) i just read that think they going to do the downtown mrt line right next to my place.. i really pray lor.. if so, don't intend to move for the next 20 yrs liao.. :D later going ikea with hubby and ask for his comments coz he very thrifty one.. maybe buy the pole first to let the carpenters mount, then the shelving buy later.. :P constipated drnk prune juice! better solution than sitting on a gold plated 'throne' lei!

Sorry I don't mean anything.

don't say that neighbour, it was nothing.. ;)

Edited by LinDa

so how is everything coming along?

this renotalk-forum-down thing is really messing up with our chat sessions huh?

it's this kind of situation that makes me wish i had asked for your msn addy so that we can still continue chatting !!

well i'm glad it's back up and you can continue to update us with your latest purchases :deal:

or you going to move-in soon like bluberi also :(

so how is everything coming along?

this renotalk-forum-down thing is really messing up with our chat sessions huh?

it's this kind of situation that makes me wish i had asked for your msn addy so that we can still continue chatting !!

well i'm glad it's back up and you can continue to update us with your latest purchases :deal:

or you going to move-in soon like bluberi also :(

yes yes, how's ur reno Linda? moving in soon?

really miss our chit chat session here :)