Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Was up at my place earlier to drop off the stuffs I bought from Ikea today as the carpenters are coming down on Thursday to finish up what they need to do so got to get whatever that needs to be mounted and ask them to mount for me.

Antonius system for my laundry area. Went to Ikea Tampines in the afternoon to buy but brought some items back to Ikea Alexandra at night to change as did not measure the area properly so overshot the length. Wanted to have 2 sets of racks but not enough space. :notti: A bit sad, one set don't look nice like a bit cheapskate coz not enough money to buy more pattern lor. But I need to have a clothes rail to air my suits and hanging rack for my towels we using (don't intend to hang in toilet). I realise something about Ikea, though Ikea Tampines is so much bigger (was so impressed by the towering goods at the check-out area) but they are out of stock for quite a number of items whereas Ikea Alexandra have the stock. Proves that really, nowadays, noone goes to Ikea Alexandra. Must be people cheapskate (like me) aiming for the free parking at Ikea Tampines la!

05062007012.jpg

The mirror for the common toilet. Under instructions from Vincent to buy this. But I dont know if its too big coz the dimensions he gave was a bit smaller. When I called him, I think he did not take note of the exact size when he saw it. But I tell him buy first lor, if too big and not nice then bring back for refund. I love Ikea's 30 day refund policy!! :D

05062007007.jpg

Hubby was holding the picture saying its so heavy and complain I still want to take picture. Haha.. :P

Was looking at this chair for the study. Very comfy. Don't know buy anot coz its almost $300 for one and we need three. Originally, I looking at those chairs in hotel rooms type (wrapped in fabric one, Lush had them and was clearing stock so quite affordable) but hubby want height adjustable one coz he too tall so if fixed height, he got to bend abit at the study table. Maybe this weekend go Lush to take a look again.

05062007-1.jpg

Wanted to buy Stolmen as my shoe rack for the store/hs but hubby refuse to let me screw anything into the wall/ceiling in the hs. He says its against HDB policy. But Vincent says as long as the screw is not more than 5cm its fine. Is it true? Can anyone tell me? Did anyone drill/screw anything in their hs?

Was :paint: over Ikea's kitchen accessories, utensils and some racks/shelves but got to wait till I move in then buy coz now staying at parent's place no space to put. Plus got to budget abit and reassess my financials after we pay for everything first. Now abit messy coz have not receive the variation order from Vincent and electrician. Abit worried. Scare I heart attack when I see it. :P

Agreed with hubby not to buy any accessories first till we move in.

Went to next door Courts after Ikea Tampines to see their home threatre system. Hubby's old one has been in use for the last 10 yrs and I complain it really looks orbit lor - gold colour lei! I say buy a $500 very nice liao but he finds quality not good. Told him to try to source for one less than $1000. Anything above is budget killing. :P The other day he bought the Jamo system, I thought he got the whole system, end up he only buy the speakers - $600 lei! And only speakers!

Edited by LinDa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Wah took secretly can take until like that??!? :bow: Shi fu...pls impart some skills to me :bow:

haha.. actually i just pretend i sms or what lor.. the sales staff will always stare at me and suspecting but won't dare to walk over to check la.. but i just thick skin heck care!! or my hubby will ask questions to distract them sometimes.. :P

my fridge is white, not stainless steel so oni 1080 nia...wantd stainless steel but for all fisher fridge, stainless steel is abt 300bucks mre...decided to save sme $$...

Wah, ur MBR floral print wallpaper looks veli stylo oredi! zz

Did u get it frm goodrich?

ya lor, their stainless steel one nice but so much more expensive hor.. other brands if take stainless steel, usually cost $100 only le.. if yr design can fit in white one, its ok la.. :good:

yup, its from goodrich.. still have not receive the bill for wallpapers yet lor.. :P worrying its gonna cost a bomb.. :P

i would love to haf wallpaper like urs, but it was really way above budget (i quarrel with HB over tis lor).. at least he gave in on the decals coz it was much much cheaper than the wallpaper.

ur recess area is a box-up wall?

yr decals look super nice lor!! i was admiring them last night.. how much u do har?? u buy from the company direct thru website or thru the far east shop?? my colleague thinking of doing it, i tell her its a much better chioce than wallpaper lor.. i really got wallpaper nightmare..

yessie, its a box-up wall..

DSC02236.jpg

SP_A0124.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

31052007032.jpg

What we are planning for our MBR recess area under the window is to have hidden storage cabinets for books and small items.

i hate recess walls lei.. i box-up the another useless recess wall in my mbr oso.. but there are still others i did not due to cost.. and in the long run, box-up walls are not good as i heard due to the weather (contract and expand), will cause hairline cracks along those joint areas.. :P walk to bridge then see how.. why are hdb architects and designers so @#$%^&, do flats without recess la, what do you think they want us to do with it for??

lifestyle: at least those under windows type like yrs can do cupboards.. those big walls like mine really nothing much to do with it lor.. :(

you meant this evita SF9188?

wow, didn't know they have different pattern/fabric, the one shown in your picture is so much nicer, the one shown in their website is so dull........

yup, that's the one.. ya, the website one looks boring.. i think if i saw only the sample small piece fabric, i did not think its nice le, looks like a sack at first to me.. but when i saw the whole sofa in that fabric, its absolutely :notti: ! go take a look at celini at furniture mall (beach rd).. its tucked in a corner now though, the first time i was there, it was placed at the centre of the showroom.. :paint:

visualisation fm WINK

actual wall with decals

i'm still :D over the decals.. they did the visualisation foc?? or within the whole package?? must buy le then they do the visualisation for u??

Edited by LinDa

i hate recess walls lei.. i box-up the another useless recess wall in my mbr oso.. but there are still others i did not due to cost.. and in the long run, box-up walls are not good as i heard due to the weather (contract and expand), will cause hairline cracks along those joint areas.. :paint: walk to bridge then see how.. why are hdb architects and designers so @#$%^&, do flats without recess la, what do you think they want us to do with it for??

That is true. Box up areas in the long run will crack at the joints if not done properly. Usually if you use silicon to seal it will last longer but the board/plywood will warp over time and cause stresses and eventually cause hairline crack at the joint area.

But with some putty its fixable.

The wall decal is really nice :P:P Small recess area because your window is small right :paint:

u can consider doing the decals for yr place.. got lots of designs to choose from.. really :P lor..

i think u abit confuse abt recess area coz i think newer (around 5 yrs or less) flats recess area has nothing to do with windows.. it will appear on any wall in the flat one.. its due to the structural beams.. :(

That is true. Box up areas in the long run will crack at the joints if not done properly. Usually if you use silicon to seal it will last longer but the board/plywood will warp over time and cause stresses and eventually cause hairline crack at the joint area.

But with some putty its fixable.

just like humans sick le must see doctor, vegetables got worms must use insecticide or ikea wood furniture starts creaking must use allen key tighten.. :notti: i think too late i'm mumbling liao lar.. going to zz le.. :D

Edited by LinDa

haha.. actually i just pretend i sms or what lor.. the sales staff will always stare at me and suspecting but won't dare to walk over to check la.. but i just thick skin heck care!! or my hubby will ask questions to distract them sometimes.. :P

ya lor, their stainless steel one nice but so much more expensive hor.. other brands if take stainless steel, usually cost $100 only le.. if yr design can fit in white one, its ok la.. :good:

yup, its from goodrich.. still have not receive the bill for wallpapers yet lor.. :D worrying its gonna cost a bomb.. :jail:

yr decals look super nice lor!! i was admiring them last night.. how much u do har?? u buy from the company direct thru website or thru the far east shop?? my colleague thinking of doing it, i tell her its a much better chioce than wallpaper lor.. i really got wallpaper nightmare..

yessie, its a box-up wall..

DSC02236.jpg

SP_A0124.jpg

Image007-1.jpg

31052007032.jpg

i hate recess walls lei.. i box-up the another useless recess wall in my mbr oso.. but there are still others i did not due to cost.. and in the long run, box-up walls are not good as i heard due to the weather (contract and expand), will cause hairline cracks along those joint areas.. :dunno: walk to bridge then see how.. why are hdb architects and designers so @#$%^&, do flats without recess la, what do you think they want us to do with it for??

lifestyle: at least those under windows type like yrs can do cupboards.. those big walls like mine really nothing much to do with it lor.. :bleah:

yup, that's the one.. ya, the website one looks boring.. i think if i saw only the sample small piece fabric, i did not think its nice le, looks like a sack at first to me.. but when i saw the whole sofa in that fabric, its absolutely :sport-smiley-004: ! go take a look at celini at furniture mall (beach rd).. its tucked in a corner now though, the first time i was there, it was placed at the centre of the showroom.. :sport-smiley-004:

i'm still :deal: over the decals.. they did the visualisation foc?? or within the whole package?? must buy le then they do the visualisation for u??

the visualisation was done after i confirm which design i wanted and the price. mine was under a promotion, so i paid oni $288 i/o having to place the min. order of $400. installation was done by WINK. if u can do the installation urself, the min. order for WinkTailor will be $150.

The wall decal is really nice :good::good: Small recess area because your window is small right :sport-smiley-004:

yes, my window is small, oni 2 panels but i still tink a bigger recess area will be better... lol

lifestyle,

my recess area is oni a small box nia (see below).. not like linda's recess area... so nice...

visualisation fm WINK

lotus1-visualisation-left1.jpg

actual wall with decals

5-3.jpg

are they expensive? roughly how much it cost you to get the job done?

wow linda, your wallpaper quite nice mah. y u don like leh?

yes its quite hard to align wallpaper! we put up the wallpapers ourselves and spend the whole afternoon doing it.

maybe ur contractor shd have painted the wall of the same color tone as ur wallpaper 1st b4 putting it up. that way if there are gaps, it wont be so obvious..

but don worry i think your wallpaper looks really nice and classy!

Hi Linda

Lilian here!:(! So surprise to see you here!:)! :notti:

Your house is so nice!:notti:!:dancingqueen:!

Now, I kinda of regret how come I din do a thorough reno before I move in... haizz.....

Wallpaper is very hard to do. I had much unhappiness with my ID and his workers during my reno. Not only they did quite lousy job, they mixed up my wallpapers for my MBR and Dining...:notti:!!

They were still hoping that we would accept it..but we die die dun want..so they got to tear down both the wallpapers and sement(is that the correct word) my MBR first....

And the ironic thing is, we realised that painting is still better than the wallpaper...so had them to paint the MBR instead..... :wacko:

Oh ya...is the wallpaper done up by your ID pple or from goodrich? I just bought wallpaper from goodrich and had them to install for me. And the person did a fantastic job even though it's quite complicated patterns...the patterns match perfectly....

$288 under a promotion.

Hey bluberi, the more i see your decal, the more :bangwall::notti::good: I am...haha..

I've called Ryan already...will be sending him our pics for a quote! :good:

$288 under a promotion.

Hi Bluberi do u noe website or contact for winks? rem i saw b4 smewer...but cant seem to find nw....Thanks!:dancingqueen::~

Btw, goodrich bringing in sme wall decals nw (but bloody exp I ask liao)....jus to share wif any1 else interested in decals..... !!

Veli chio print!:)! :dribble: