LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

yes yes that's why we went for this shop

heard a few forummers at SGB got bad experience

workmanship very bad and leaking after a few weeks

then call them they push here and there dun want to come down and rectify

now must :( that this dun happen to me

but i really wonder how he can sell so cheaply :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hehe yah, we lurve FISHer n pay (I not calld CAT for nothing mah...) :P

they're v energy efficient it seems, + woodlxxds gaf a gd px...my fridge is $1080 if I rem correctly, 440L.

dat da** piece of reflectv TV console suckd all my $$ away liao! sobs... :D

$3K+ quite a gd deal for system 4 inverter, smemre is consider 3+1 rite? (cuz 1 22K BTU + 3 smaller ones)...we planng get 4 small ons can liao...living + dining too open to air-con for us....

I oso nt gd at e technical aspects :P ....me n hubby striked a bargain liao, anything too technical he in charge, anything require color coordinaton or design, I in charge.....So end up hor, he buy hood, I buy hob; I buy light, he buy lightbulb; I buy tap, he buy heater....hehee :dunno:

Thanks n will check out e IMM store...gotta do soon, ar-bo my hse will haf to start reno w/o aircon liao...dat time reali siao liao... :D

Gdnite!!

got pic of yr fridge?? i paid the same price for my mitsubishi fridge lei.. when i was at the shop, i asked $1K can get fisher & paykel not, then the person say don't have.. :P kena cheated.. but i went to best/courts to chk out fridges, fisher & paykel stainless steel ones all abv $1.5K lei for the size we want (same 400+L).. hmpf, a bit sad lor..

actually my living and kitchen and bedroom foyer and main door foyer all add up oso quite big area but that day we try the aircon, quite cooling so 22K shld be fine.. hee.. but yrs is ea la, so bigger area..

haha, same lor but we never spilt until like yrs so harmonious la.. i oso not good at technical related stuffs too so he do aircon, tv, sound system etc research.. i do kitchen, furniture etc research lor.. but final decision is jointly agreed coz i'm a very aesthetic person than functionality but he is more practical.. :P so balance and even out some lor..

bring yr hubby to imm and find desmond.. or u can call him at 97381196 see if he's in first.. :D good luck on aircon!! lots to consider too..

yes yes that's why we went for this shop

heard a few forummers at SGB got bad experience

workmanship very bad and leaking after a few weeks

then call them they push here and there dun want to come down and rectify

now must :bow: that this dun happen to me

but i really wonder how he can sell so cheaply :P

oh my gosh, that's very very very worrying.. must ask hubby keep turning on the aircon to test liao.. coz 90% OF MY PIPES are concealed.. if it happens to me, i will really :( .. *choy choy choy & touch wood*

Edited by LinDa

Finally, we bought these two sofas for $3,000. Really busted my original sofas budget of $1,500. The OM Andrew already exceed by $500 but these is like double. I need to :bow: that I strike 4D/Toto/Big Sweep or it rains money soon.

'Del' (new model) 3 seater but in 2.2m length for living room. It will be in off-white with black furry cushions. The sofa comes with 2 cushions but now GSS, they are throwing in another 2 cushions.

04062007002.jpg

The difference 'Del' and 'Demi' is that you cannot see the sofa legs whereas, for 'Demi' and 'Box' (lower version of 'Demi'), you can see the stainless steel legs. I love these legs lor, looks sleek. My OM Andrew has similar legs. :D

02062007013.jpg

'Lex' single chair + 'Lex' arm chair for MBR living. It will be in off-white pvc with black furry backrest (similar as picture but picture is leather which is so expensive). Vincent fell in love with this sofa when he walked into the showroom as he sees the versatility aspect of it. At first, it did not impressed me but after he explained, I think its really interesting. I could place it like a normal 3 seater or tilt it at an angle as day bed or separate the 2 to become 2 separate chairs with the coffee table in the middle. Whereas for the back rest cushion, I can change the material to make it more retro (loud colour), classic (floral prints) or modern (single solid colour). Very fun to play with. :notti: Hence, end up, I wanted a cheaper MBR living sofa but it cost more than my living sofa.

04062007003.jpg

I love the C-shape coffee table but its $400 and I really got no budget now. Guess got to move in, save a bit more and than buy le. ;)

Wow u have veri beautiful sofa for Living rm and MBR. :notti:

Yes sofa play a big part in ur hm decor, or else all ur effort will be waste if it does nt goes with ur design. :sport-smiley-004:

wow... u got 2 sofas!! is ur mbr very big? i think my mbr is so crammed that i cant even put a stool inside already :sport-smiley-004:

Ehh how come u can take pictures one?!?! Most shops we went to don't allow us to take pics leh....we had to do it like secretly...must watch out for each other one....then in the end picture turn out blur blur cannot see....:wub:

the sofas are really nice by the way!:lol:

Everytime I walk into some showflat, I'm always admiring their wallpapers. Hence, one of the things I die die must do is wallpapers. However, it has turned out to be rather disappointing. I do not know if my expectations are too high or I chose the wrong type wallpaper. Maybe I should have gone for more textured wallpaper than design wallpaper.

Living area. The first thing I complained to Vincent when I saw this was that the joining lines are not done properly. Its like the next piece of wallpaper is either slightly higher or lower and not perfectly joined so that I get a perfect modif. But Vincent says its extremely difficult to achieve a perfect modif for designer wallpaper as they use water on wallpaper and even if it's pasted perfectly, after its dried, it may shrink a little causing the imperfectness. To me, its such an eyesore and I really find it frustrating. Maybe should have gone for Winks decals instead, don't think it will shrink. Did not know I can do big decals till I saw Bluberri's blog last night and its really nice! Nevertheless, I love these modifs.

05062007001.jpg

MBR living area. Showing only part of it coz my mattress is leaning against the wall so blocking it. Its actually alternating between a floral print and a single colour wallpaper as we felt that doing the whole wall floral will be quite an overkill.

05062007002.jpg

MBR bed area. Took this today, workers doing the cushion headboard. Don't really fancy brown actually, I hope Vincent made a good chioce (left the decision to him) and the whole thing will look good when its up. The sides of the cushion headboard is the same floral print wallpaper. But there is already a measurement defect. Not really symmetrical. I think when Vincent was telling off the workers about this, they are not very happy lor, coz got to redo.

05062007004.jpg

Bedroom area. Same floral print wallpaper. One of the row (joining part between the wallpapers) has missing flower stalks. Pointed it out to Vincent whom pointed it out to the workers and they were like 'got meh, cannot tell lor.' I guess you must scrutinize it. But I'm really a details person on artwork lor. I spotted it the minute I see it. I hope I'm not too demanding.

31052007032.jpg

31052007033.jpg

There's another area in the study room which I mentioned previously that was wallpapered and it looks totally awful. The workers are going to remove it today. I really feel apologetic to waste their time and Vincent's money (coz he did that wall FOC for me).

Anways, it's really not a good experience with wallpaper.

Edited by LinDa

Was at Furniture Mall Celini on Sunday to take a look at their sofas as I find that their price is really so much more affordable than the rest I've seen. Intended to get a cheaper one for MBR living.

Too long (3m). I love this fabric.

03062007016b.jpg

how much does this sofa cost? didn't know Cellini has this kind of sofa, may be an alternative for us from Scanteak.

Wow u have veri beautiful sofa for Living rm and MBR. :D

Yes sofa play a big part in ur hm decor, or else all ur effort will be waste if it does nt goes with ur design. :lol:

tks!! i like them too.. hope that when it turns up, it will be what we expect coz the fabrics we chosen are all not the same as showroom piece and u never know sometimes.. i'm a very risk averse person so very paranoid.. keeping my fingers crossed for the next 4 weeks.. :wub:

wow... u got 2 sofas!! is ur mbr very big? i think my mbr is so crammed that i cant even put a stool inside already :(

my mbr is original quite big and longish so we are doing my sleeping area and a living area side by side.. but i oso hacked away a wall to another bedroom to have a linked study room and put my wardrobe there so bigger area lor.. bad thing is, now my 5 room flat (1 living +3 bedrooms) become 3 room flat (1 living + 2 bedrooms).. hee.. :dunno:

also, my kitchen and everywhere else very small la.. cant have everything.. :curse:

BtPanjangFloorPlan.jpg

FloorPlanEdited.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Ehh how come u can take pictures one?!?! Most shops we went to don't allow us to take pics leh....we had to do it like secretly...must watch out for each other one....then in the end picture turn out blur blur cannot see....:curse:

the sofas are really nice by the way!:wub:

we oso take secretly la.. hehe.. :D somemore my hubby hp camera got the 'cheek-ka' sound when taking the pic.. :lol: really 'gui gui sui sui' lor!!

tks!!

how much does this sofa cost? didn't know Cellini has this kind of sofa, may be an alternative for us from Scanteak.

i think its abt $1280 coz she quote me $640 for one (1.5m).. u can chk out their website, they have this sofa there but in dark coloured fabric.. i love this fabric.. it looks really :dunno: in the showroom.. and its really comfy.. :(

Edited by LinDa

we oso take secretly la.. hehe.. :wub: somemore my hubby hp camera got the 'cheek-ka' sound when taking the pic.. :lol: really 'gui gui sui sui' lor!!

tks!!

Wah took secretly can take until like that??!? :D Shi fu...pls impart some skills to me :dunno:

got pic of yr fridge?? i paid the same price for my mitsubishi fridge lei.. when i was at the shop, i asked $1K can get fisher & paykel not, then the person say don't have.. :bleah: kena cheated.. but i went to best/courts to chk out fridges, fisher & paykel stainless steel ones all abv $1.5K lei for the size we want (same 400+L).. hmpf, a bit sad lor..

my fridge is white, not stainless steel so oni 1080 nia...wantd stainless steel but for all fisher fridge, stainless steel is abt 300bucks mre...decided to save sme $$...

fridgera9.th.jpg

Wah, ur MBR floral print wallpaper looks veli stylo oredi! :good:

Did u get it frm goodrich?

Saw ur new floorplan, luxury of such a big mbr...can do many thing insde, ehhehe :dribble::dribble:

linda,

i would love to haf wallpaper like urs, but it was really way above budget (i quarrel with HB over tis lor).. at least he gave in on the decals coz it was much much cheaper than the wallpaper.

ur recess area is a box-up wall? i wanted my MBR recess area like tis but my ID made mine so small :dribble: i was tinking so small may as well dun haf.

31052007032.jpg

Edited by bluberi

Hi bluberi,

This is a nice idea as it make the window area very neat and at the same time highlight the scenary when the window is open (hope your outside view is not block).

What we are planning for our MBR recess area under the window is to have hidden storage cabinets for books and small items.

ur recess area is a box-up wall? i wanted my MBR recess area like tis but my ID made mine so small :paint: i was tinking so small may as well dun haf.

tks!!

i think its abt $1280 coz she quote me $640 for one (1.5m).. u can chk out their website, they have this sofa there but in dark coloured fabric.. i love this fabric.. it looks really :paint: in the showroom.. and its really comfy.. :notti:

you meant this evita SF9188?

evita_2.jpg vs 03062007016b.jpg

wow, didn't know they have different pattern/fabric, the one shown in your picture is so much nicer, the one shown in their website is so dull........

Edited by tingshen

Hi bluberi,

This is a nice idea as it make the window area very neat and at the same time highlight the scenary when the window is open (hope your outside view is not block).

What we are planning for our MBR recess area under the window is to have hidden storage cabinets for books and small items.

lifestyle,

my recess area is oni a small box nia (see below).. not like linda's recess area... so nice...

visualisation fm WINK

lotus1-visualisation-left1.jpg

actual wall with decals

5-3.jpg

Edited by bluberi