Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Last post before I sleep. Very zombie already. As mentioned, my curtains photos but still without the kitchen roller blinds. Post that together with my seld-created service yard photos soon. :furious:

Living

10062007005.jpg

10062007006.jpg

10062007008.jpg

Bedroom

10062007004.jpg

MBR - air-con ledge near sleeping area, cosy corner and study area (having a problem resizing the pictures using my own lousy hp so use back the old photos taken sometime back using hubby's hp)

10062007001.jpg

10062007002.jpg

10062007003.jpg

10062007.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
i think no need take leave but best to go every night to scrutinize whatever is done so that anything not right, u raise it up with the contractor/designer.

living in a bigger place sucks le. i've been mopping my floor every night. so tired. just finish mopping only coz there were workers here in the afternoon to do my windown film (to block out the afternoon sun)

hehehe, me work in town and stay in town (for now that is)

so is go after work then come back town like very rush loh :furious:

somemore take leave can sleep late late then go down :D

thinking of getting them for my windows too

just wondering if it will shrink after some time

seems that only v-cool is able to tahan the direct afternoon sun without shrinking...

that's what patrick told me loh so thinking should get normal one or go for v-cool???

no harm asking lo. try try. really more convenient than take in take out lo. hehe..

yr memory good lei, still remember yr dentist name. i only remember my one SUPER HANDSOME before i fell asleep. haha.. wa, mine wasnt hurting badly la, its just that sometimes will swell if i'm too heaty then very uncomfortable lo. then my work oso need to plan coz so many days mc so i walk into NDC straight without referral ltr. i oso don't know why my hubby subsidy so little lei. government sector shld be the cheapest ma, hor.

the aussino quilt not very good le. very thin one, i find not fluffy enough. hehe.. but really cheap la. why u nv use!:lol: 'lang fei' lei. then where u buy yr bedsheets? i nv wash after i buy lei. wanted to but too tired with the moving house part so give up la. just sleep on it. plan to this weekend lo. :D hows the sofa? managed to exchange? yup, silent night. i feel that its a good buy lo. not too expensive and my hubby feels very comfortable (he very fussy abt bed and pillows one). i very chin chye one, not on the floor can liao. haha..

i using my lappie in my study rm. my sofa and bar stools all not here, then havent buy study chair, so use our old chairs for the time being. too broke oso so got to hold - spent $320 (mainly kitchen stuff) at ikea yesterday, $230 (vacuum and fan) at kong tai and $50 (dustbins) at SSC. the laundry one makes me boil. install on mon, mon night spoil, come on tues repair, tues night spoil. today they came to change the old circuit board. now ok liao. pray dun spoil again. the person say my problem is UNIQUE which means I SUAY la! :D its their product problem lo. but its really useful le, dun so tiring to lift my head up to hang the clothes. then it comes with the light which is very bright. :good:

haha, not hardworking la coz after the washing machine wash and dryer to dry, super crumpled, so i iron lo, anyways want to practise using the machine le. today i use to iron my dress before i go out. very good le! the dress pleats pleat nicely.. everyone should buy! haha..

i very particular abt messiness one. cant stand mess. like things to be in their place. if not i cannot sit down surf net, relax one. i siao one la. hee..

tks! only the dryer bit la. the rest average oni le. :D

haha, its the hairdryer le. go get ONE! sure instant hotel feel. :lol:

hmm, will see wat the electrician says ba... but i'm bt beri optimistic abt it.

ya, can still remember him... nt beri handsome but quite gentle lor.. wear specs one.

dat b-day mth thing, i nv use coz i no budget in may!:dunno: super wasted rite???? :~ i nv buy the $19.90 quilt, tink my hubby confirm nag at me if i were to get it. usually i buy my bedsheets from aussino or dept stores whenever there is discount and also my budget allows. :(

last evening the factory guy came to see the sofa liao... at first they oni wanted to change the 2-seater coz of the scratched mark coz they said the 3 seater is not big problem.. they push the back cushion part here n there trying to make it look even. but my hubby tink it CMI and insisted them to change the 3-seater also.. the delivery guy juz buay song buay song change the 3-seater coz he wan to rush off to somewhere else. nw got new mei mei sofa to sit liao...

i'm still bugging my hubby for the dining table.. ;) haven mention to my hubby abt the study room chair also. dunno when den can get it.

hopefully ur laundry system will be fine. last nite did my washing for the 1st time on my F&P washer. i beri blur leh, forgotten to put in the softener. my hubby had to teach me how to hang clothes :o i didn't koe he was an expert on dat (he said he used to do all the washing when MIL dun haf maid). nw he expects me to do all the washer.. got ppl wash clothes as 7.30pm one meh? i really felt like a maid last nite lor... he said finish washing den can haf dinner (wife-abuse :P ). btw time finish washing already going to 9pm, clean up abit 9.15pm liao..

we walked to the foodcourt at rivervale mall already nothing to eat lor, end up spending 20mins shopping at ntuc until 10pm and walk home again. still no dinner!:bow: hubby said he'll get dinner for me after he bathe and it was 10.45pm by the time he left the house. my 'dinner' (or shd i say supper) appeared oni at 11.45pm coz he said the 24hrs foodcourt at compassvale link is beri crowded. i told him i dun wan to haf dinner so late every nite.. :P wait put on weight and our AD coming soon. next time dinner first den can do washing.

my HB will allow the hairdryer one coz he koes i seldom use... always go out with the hair wet from washing unless i'm going for dinner or something special.

Hi LinDa,

Your hse not only veri nice even ur view from the windows also swee. :notti:

Congrat to ur move in. !!

I can understand hw u feel of maintaining neat and tidiness in ur hse. For me I can only vaccum and mop every twice a week (really tired after work). !!

Hi Linda, ur curtains veli nice! !!

It's pretty unique with the black stripe, does it come on the cloth oredi or u sewed it in?

Hi LinDa,

Your hse not only veri nice even ur view from the windows also swee. :D

I can understand hw u feel of maintaining neat and tidiness in ur hse. For me I can only vaccum and mop every twice a week (really tired after work). :dribble:

Ya! Nice curtain and nice view! The view through your black organza curtain seems like those greenland and lakes! Can see the theme thoughout your house..

hehehe, me work in town and stay in town (for now that is)

so is go after work then come back town like very rush loh :dunno:

somemore take leave can sleep late late then go down :notti:

thinking of getting them for my windows too

just wondering if it will shrink after some time

seems that only v-cool is able to tahan the direct afternoon sun without shrinking...

that's what patrick told me loh so thinking should get normal one or go for v-cool???

haha.. u got many days leave is it?? i got to save all my leave for my next exam this nov.. :notti: i hate studying!

ours not from v-cool lei. wun shrink one la! nowadays cars all got window films lei, then some people use non-v-cool brand oso like cool n lite etc. ok ma. i think even if shrink oso wun be so obvious ba. mine is reflective very dark one. we did not do whole house (minus the aircon ledge window and kitchen window - $380. let me know if you want to get the contact. my hubby asked 2 to come down to quote. then he find this one more professional though more expensive. the other one cheaper by $50 but my hubby say like a bit 'buay zai'.. :P

i'm still bugging my hubby for the dining table.. ;) haven mention to my hubby abt the study room chair also. dunno when den can get it.

hopefully ur laundry system will be fine. last nite did my washing for the 1st time on my F&P washer. i beri blur leh, forgotten to put in the softener. my hubby had to teach me how to hang clothes :o i didn't koe he was an expert on dat (he said he used to do all the washing when MIL dun haf maid). nw he expects me to do all the washer.. got ppl wash clothes as 7.30pm one meh? i really felt like a maid last nite lor... he said finish washing den can haf dinner (wife-abuse :P ). btw time finish washing already going to 9pm, clean up abit 9.15pm liao..

wait put on weight and our AD coming soon.

so where u intend to buy the dining table? seen any u like?

my laundry hanger ok liao.. hope dun give me problem again.. i tell u i can wash clothes at 1am ok.. at first i very scare neighbours complain coz the washing machine noisy.. but for the last few yrs no one came knocking at my door le. hehe.. coz sometimes i after work go class then come home eat dinner already 12am lo.. but nowadays i try to do during sat or sun.. esp now got dryer even better, dun need hang a lot of clothes to dry, can fold and keep.. faster.. or else last time not enough clothes to wear le.

if i got class, i oso eat dinner at 11pm.. sometimes is not enough time rush to school, sometimes is too lazy, sometimes is too sians to eat alone lo.. so i very used to supper.. it doesn't make me fat overall, ONLY MY TUMMY! i hate it.. but i used to the timing, kinda hard to change le..

AD coming exciting hor.. i almost forget mine 7 yrs ago liao.. seems like generations ago! haha..

Your hse not only veri nice even ur view from the windows also swee. :)

I can understand hw u feel of maintaining neat and tidiness in ur hse. For me I can only vaccum and mop every twice a week (really tired after work). :P

tks bro!

ai ya, 'long kang' view nia, just that with the curtain cannot see clearly.. haha.. but it was love at first sight for this unit coz of the unblock view la.. and the fact nobody can see in lor! last time my unit so near with next block until i can even see if they are digging their nose! haha..

now just move in still a lot of dust so i cannot tahan.. u twice weekly already very hardworking lor.. for my old place, my part time cleaner comes in bi-weekly to clean.. if not, me and hubby can procrastinate and only mop once a month! :furious: haha.. but now new place, u know la, when things new, more excited will be more hardworking (initially i oso mop twice a week for my old place den the frequency just depreciate over the yrs until hire part time cleaner :P).

Edited by LinDa

haha.. u got many days leave is it?? i got to save all my leave for my next exam this nov.. :notti: i hate studying!

ours not from v-cool lei. wun shrink one la! nowadays cars all got window films lei, then some people use non-v-cool brand oso like cool n lite etc. ok ma. i think even if shrink oso wun be so obvious ba. mine is reflective very dark one. we did not do whole house (minus the aircon ledge window and kitchen window - $380. let me know if you want to get the contact. my hubby asked 2 to come down to quote. then he find this one more professional though more expensive. the other one cheaper by $50 but my hubby say like a bit 'buay zai'.. :notti:

hehehe, i got 35 days leave in a year

got study leave somemore ;)

!!

my colleague also not using v-cool

then she say her home one shrunk already

so around the film got gap leh

can see very clearly coz it's like a 2cm gap :furious:

if not in direct sun, still not so bad

if it's in direct west sun sure shrink one...

will ask my contractor this sat if he do or not

if not then will get the contact from you :dunno:

Hi Linda, ur curtains veli nice! :notti:

It's pretty unique with the black stripe, does it come on the cloth oredi or u sewed it in?

thank you! its sew in one.. suggested and conceptualised by designer that the black strip trimmings to be different for each of the areas and ask the curtain people to sew in.. we not so 'li hai' le.. ;)

Ya! Nice curtain and nice view! The view through your black organza curtain seems like those greenland and lakes! Can see the theme thoughout your house..

kam sia! not lake le, 'long kang'.. but got some trees and shrubs la.. haha, cant tell if got theme lei.. i only call it very modern black look.. :o i want to be very black.. but now worry if the colours will affect my son's psychological development.. u know kids la, must be colourful colourful one.. hmmm..

wow ! everything looks so nice ! i must say tho.. i am somewhat envious bt of cos happy fr u :P

arigato.. when u see the bill, u wun be envious liao.. really.. :notti:

hehehe, i got 35 days leave in a year

got study leave somemore :P

!!

my colleague also not using v-cool

then she say her home one shrunk already

so around the film got gap leh

can see very clearly coz it's like a 2cm gap :furious:

if not in direct sun, still not so bad

if it's in direct west sun sure shrink one...

will ask my contractor this sat if he do or not

if not then will get the contact from you :dunno:

wa lau, why so good? u with wat co har? which industry one? my place very strict one la, got 5 days study leave but must be under the dun noe what scheme with the bank (like 2 yrs with the bank, under approved course) then can claim.. toot lor! so i all take under my annual leave..

wat brand yr colleague using? put how long liao? mine is direct west sun oso lei from 2pm to 6pm super bright and hot! worrying lei, we dun have any frens do before so no reference to check with lo.. hubby just whack yellow pages and anyhow call.. :P

Edited by LinDa

my laundry hanger ok liao.. hope dun give me problem again.. i tell u i can wash clothes at 1am ok.. at first i very scare neighbours complain coz the washing machine noisy.. but for the last few yrs no one came knocking at my door le. hehe.. coz sometimes i after work go class then come home eat dinner already 12am lo.. but nowadays i try to do during sat or sun.. esp now got dryer even better, dun need hang a lot of clothes to dry, can fold and keep.. faster.. or else last time not enough clothes to wear le.

if i got class, i oso eat dinner at 11pm.. sometimes is not enough time rush to schoold, sometimes is too lazy, sometimes is too sians to eat alone lo.. so i very used to supper.. it doesn't make me fat overall, ONLY MY TUMMY! i hate it.. but i used to the timing, kinda hard to change le..

AD coming exciting hor.. i almost forget mine 7 yrs ago liao.. seems like generations ago! haha..

tks bro!

juz nw my hubby promised me dinner 1st den wash clothes liao.. wait i go on strike den he koe. we agreed dat laundry are done on a twice weekly basis... oni hubby's working clothes n my undies are to be washed every nite.. so nt too bad.

i told mi mum wat happended last nite n she beri angry with mi hubby. she said if happen again den she'll scold mi hubby. *mum's the BEST!!* she so scared i got gastric if it's gonna happen frequently. went back my sis place for mum's tonic soup juz nw...

when i go for class, i usually take dinner 1st leh. so wun end up having late dinner.. mi 1yr oni 14days annual leave n nt enough for me to use... nw oni left 2.5days for my exam in aug.

wa lau, why so good? u with wat co har? which industry one? my place very strict one la, got 5 days study leave but must be under the dun noe what scheme with the bank (like 2 yrs with the bank, under approved course) then can claim.. toot lor! so i all take under my annual leave..

wat brand yr colleague using? put how long liao? mine is direct west sun oso lei from 2pm to 6pm super bright and hot! worrying lei, we dun have any frens do before so no reference to check with lo.. hubby just whack yellow pages and anyhow call.. :D

hahaha, me civil servant lah

pay very little that's why leave so many loh

most of my colleagues leave for private sector coz they are tempted by the 50%-100% pay increase :P

but me being the lazy person, i rather have more time to do things i like than have more money

my course is a sponsored one so 1yr got 12 days exam leave

usually take 5 days exam leave during exam week loh

before that take my own leave :deal:

my colleague one is no brand type (or at least she dun remember)

she put think two years only, and not in direct sun somemore

she say all shrunk, got 2cm gap

i was like :good:

maybe got to go for vcool afterall...

My MBR wardrobe.

Having a headache on where to put my bags though. Will reorganize over the weekend. Its finally Friday tomorrow. Yippee!

Any mess you see belongs to my darling hubby. :P Haha~ He has yet to sort out our cables/electrical cords/plugs/modem/charges/tool basket mess as he hasn't gotten the extension cord/multi plugs/tool box. So I'm leaving all his mess in that corner which, is supposed to be my MBR display shelves, for the time being since nothing to display anyways. :deal:

SP_A0189.jpg

SP_A0186.jpg

SP_A0188.jpg

SP_A0182.jpg

Totally out of point picture. Hey GIRLS, Zara having sale lei! Hehe.. I mean not say cheap until where la but at least got discount lor. Today first day, I went in the morning already super crowded. Try got to Q like 15 mins, pay $ even worse, 30 mins. Then afternoon went again second round, the whole place was in a big mess. But I think they replendish their stock every now and then coz afternoon I got see some stuffs not out in the morning one. But I swear I'm not stepping in again. Morning go spent $80. Then afternoon thinking should be nothing to buy le since morning go liao but coz colleagues want to buy somemore, accompany them and end up spending another $90. Best buy of the day $39.90, good for weekends le:

SP_A0185.jpg

Edited by LinDa

i love ur mbr wardrobe! very nice and classy. and ur curtains too... gosh i wan those roman blinds...