Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hahaha LinDa you anyhow spend money again liao :rofl:

this sat is my turn to do that coz last day before the GST hike

planning to go ikea alexandra and buy those items advertised on today's ST and the eubiy tracks

thinking should go taka to buy the leifheit mop ($19 only with additional mop head leh), then can 'on-the-way' take a look at the Gucci sale :unsure:

anyway had to go gucci coz the screw on my sunglasses keep falling off :D

juz nw my hubby promised me dinner 1st den wash clothes liao.. wait i go on strike den he koe. we agreed dat laundry are done on a twice weekly basis... oni hubby's working clothes n my undies are to be washed every nite.. so nt too bad.

i told mi mum wat happended last nite n she beri angry with mi hubby. she said if happen again den she'll scold mi hubby. *mum's the BEST!!* she so scared i got gastric if it's gonna happen frequently. went back my sis place for mum's tonic soup juz nw...

when i go for class, i usually take dinner 1st leh. so wun end up having late dinner.. mi 1yr oni 14days annual leave n nt enough for me to use... nw oni left 2.5days for my exam in aug.

hehe.. mom is the best la.. i only realised that after i got married.. though naggy but really love us a lot lor.. :D mom cook bird nest tonight oso.. !!

i washing my clothes now.. intend to wash 3 rounds tonight - our clothes, floor mats/towels/table clothes & delicate clothes.. :P lucky got dryer, no need hang too many.. hee..

wa, 2.5 days how to study finish? how many modules u taking? 2.5 days i cannot lei.. my last exam in april, i took 3 weeks of leave.. :D but end up everyday 'zho bo' at home oso never study la.. :P

hahaha, me civil servant lah

pay very little that's why leave so many loh

most of my colleagues leave for private sector coz they are tempted by the 50%-100% pay increase :P

but me being the lazy person, i rather have more time to do things i like than have more money

my course is a sponsored one so 1yr got 12 days exam leave

usually take 5 days exam leave during exam week loh

before that take my own leave

my colleague one is no brand type (or at least she dun remember)

she put think two years only, and not in direct sun somemore

she say all shrunk, got 2cm gap

i was like

maybe got to go for vcool afterall...

civil servant got office in town one meh?? though always ulu ulu places one?? haha..

i rather take $$ lei.. i can tahan more work one.. if i too free, i feel guilty.. :P like taking salary to do nothing.. haha.. i mad one la..

i just told my hubby abt the shrinking.. 2cm is A LOT lor! but vcool one how much?? if very expensive, then use cheap one, shrink liao change again la! hehe..

passing through~ wah.. i really long time no spam Renotalk already...

nice bedroom picture

tks bro! :D

i love ur mbr wardrobe! very nice and classy. and ur curtains too... gosh i wan those roman blinds...

haha.. tks girl! the grass always seems greener on the other side huh.. i love yr diy stuffs lo! :good:

hi linda, i looked thru all ur home pics..

very nicely done!!

envy envy..

tk u tk u! :lol:

hahaha LinDa you anyhow spend money again liao 8|

this sat is my turn to do that coz last day before the GST hike

planning to go ikea alexandra and buy those items advertised on today's ST and the eubiy tracks

thinking should go taka to buy the leifheit mop ($19 only with additional mop head leh), then can 'on-the-way' take a look at the Gucci sale :D

anyway had to go gucci coz the screw on my sunglasses keep falling off 8|

its bad la.. i need to cut off my fingers.. today accompany ANOTHER colleague whom did not manage to go zara yesterday, somemore i purposely dun wan to bring wallet but end up got another pair of pants! :P but hor, its a SIZE TWO can! n u noe how hard it is for tall ppl like us to buy pants.. always not long enough.. then sale at zara very hard to get SIZE TWO pants lo.. i grabbed again.. :P colleagues r bad influence la, i eyes bad ears soft, colleague say nice i'm sold..

i gg ikea this weekend oso, got the cutlery tray too big to go into my kitchen drawer.. then the pot holders i dun need oso after i packed my staffs.. i love ikea 30 day return policy.. can buy back try try.. i very 'dui'.. bought a study light (MIL model) for $25, but member price is $12! !! wa lau! upset! anyways, i got ikea card, u got? if u see any member price thing u wan to get but no member card let me know, can pass u..

wat is leifeit mop?? good ar??

looking at my reno, gucci is out of my league liao la.. :~ was thinking of buying coach coz got frens coming back from US and there selling so much cheaper (think no tax or what) but now even tat is far away..

anyways, my and my shopaholic colleague say liao 'curb shopping'.. i suggest we play mahjong in office when we feel like shopping! got chance to earn $ somemore! haha.. then play one round (as in each player get to be 'dong' for one time, not 4x4) then work then if after a while feel like shopping, play again.. :lol:

Edited by LinDa

think vcool actually cost around triple the normal type

so if not necessary dun need to use vcool bah...

civil service got offices everywhere mah

just depend on which ministry you work nia

MinDef not civil service hor :D

i prefer more time loh, can knock off at 6 sharp and no need to bring work home

pay me less never mind, can survive can liao

my ex-colleague joined private sector, everyday knock off 8plus

reach home her also got no time for her two canine babies :P

my feline babies more important than money :lol:

think vcool actually cost around triple the normal type

so if not necessary dun need to use vcool bah...

civil service got offices everywhere mah

just depend on which ministry you work nia

MinDef not civil service hor :D

i prefer more time loh, can knock off at 6 sharp and no need to bring work home

pay me less never mind, can survive can liao

my ex-colleague joined private sector, everyday knock off 8plus

reach home her also got no time for her two canine babies :P

my feline babies more important than money :D

wa like that, then mine will be $1K liao lei (now $380).. can change every yr for next three yrs if shrink lor.. we use danny ong from ds specialty services.. they use ab films (i think ab shld be quite solid coz more for cars) which home-fix is retailing.. contact is nine-six-three-two-three-four-four-eight if u keen.. hubby tried to bargain price but didn't manage to reduce.. maybe u all bargain in bulk got chance.. see i 'dui' again (if got discount)! hehe..

i got colleague just quit also, want to give more time to her church to work in a tiny import-export co.. :sport-smiley-004: totally not banking related lo.. but i envy that she found her goal in life.. i still don't know what i want to achieve ultimately like where i wanna be, only know i want to make lots of $! haha.. but true la, i clock 16 hours a day last time in my previous position and was doing that for 1 yr.. request to change position recently coz i cannot take it esp with school..

Edited by LinDa

There was an enquiry on my curtain quote, so just share with everyone if anyone interested.

He is Thomas from Sunrain Co and can be contacted at nine-six-seven-nine-one-five-eight-six. Recommended by my ID as he has worked with him for a couple of units and find his worksmanship good. Hubby met him and feel he has good service plus very knowlegeable. Though not cheap but we were really quite concern about worksmanship, so lor spend a bit more.

Material

Day

Shimmering black organza

Night

Rialto Collection

Design J2R65

Colour 10 (Bone)

Composition 51% cotton, 49% polyester,

Weight 340 gms per lit/mt

Width 140cm

(He did give me a further breakdown as in how much for track and curtain but I deleted the sms away le. :sport-smiley-004: At least, very transparent pricing lo.)

Hall (Day & Night) $506

Bedroom (Roman) $234

Study (Day & Roman) $454

MBR (String Curtains 2 layers) $207

MBR (Day & Night) $586

Fabric For Black Trim $171

Sewing For Trim $170

Kitchen (Roller) $195

After discount total : $2490

Edited by LinDa

Self-Created Service Yard

Since laundry is the most major housework for me, I really need a service yard to do all the washing, drying and hanging. 5-rooms hardly can find got service yard units (Bukit Batok Blk 28X have though, very big somemore, colleague just move in) so I got to self-create lor. Its one of my requirement to all the IDs I spoke with.

Went through quite a no of modications and discussion in the materials for the area separator. Finally, may I present my very own service yard:

SP_A0196.jpg

SP_A0197.jpg

SP_A0198.jpg

Its the only area using white light. :D Very bright right! Its from the laundry hanger system, comes with light! :sport-smiley-004:

Got to be careful with my automated laundry hanger coming down as the area is really small. Can tell its very cramp.

SP_A0201.jpg

Opposite side where I did the Ikea Anthonius system so that I can hang my towels to air then hang in toilet (coz I find toilet too humid being so enclose), kitchen towels for drying etc.

SP_A0202.jpg

Edited by LinDa

The wallpaper guys are here as my wallpaper was peeling. All thanks to Vincent whom was rigorously trying to clean off watermarks sometime back, causing my wallpaper to peel. ;) Was complaining to the wallpaper boss/supervisor that the joint lines are so obvious. He says its a common problem for dark water papers because its white behind the wallpaper itself and further my base of the wall is also white. Don't know how true but I intend to find out by changing my wallpaper again maybe couple of years later when I get sians of this design, by doing through Goodrich themselves.

SP_A0203.jpg

Looking at them work makes me very sians coz I got to mop the floor again later after they have left. :P

Thomas just left as well. Sms-ed him in the morning coz my study roman blind dropped on me..twice! I is suay or what har! It scared the h3ll out of me lor! He came over within 30 mins to check on it and made some adjustments. Think coz normal roman blinds ends at the bottom edge of the window (like my other bedroom) but I did my study roman blinds almost touching the floor making it very heavy. I purposely do like that so that when I pull up to the bottom edge of the window (which is the usual status of my roman blind), I can see some folds. But good service la, sms and almost immediately here. He and his wife was sad when he heard that I had to do grilles as spoil the view and look. ME TOO! :(

Edited by LinDa

hi, my 1st msg here on your reno blog. Congrats for the lovely house done up. As for the grouting problem, I think can try 3M products. Good or not, that I dont know.

wa like that, then mine will be $1K liao lei (now $380).. can change every yr for next three yrs if shrink lor.. we use danny ong from ds specialty services.. they use ab films (i think ab shld be quite solid coz more for cars) which home-fix is retailing.. contact is nine-six-three-two-three-four-four-eight if u keen.. hubby tried to bargain price but didn't manage to reduce.. maybe u all bargain in bulk got chance.. see i 'dui' again (if got discount)! hehe..

i got colleague just quit also, want to give more time to her church to work in a tiny import-export co.. :bangwall: totally not banking related lo.. but i envy that she found her goal in life.. i still don't know what i want to achieve ultimately like where i wanna be, only know i want to make lots of $! haha.. but true la, i clock 16 hours a day last time in my previous position and was doing that for 1 yr.. request to change position recently coz i cannot take it esp with school..

thanks for the info, this is the same guy who was recommended in an earlier thread on window film

will check out about the ab filme at home fix coz my sis was complaining about the sunlight coming in to her room through the full-ht windows :deal: she was the one who wanted full-ht loh, now complain and complain only

my goal in life is to do things i enjoy :deal:

my job is what provides the means to do so

everyday waking up time must psycho myself that if dun go work, no money to pay bill, go holiday, eat good food, buy things for my parents, buy ingredients to cook :D

hi, my 1st msg here on your reno blog. Congrats for the lovely house done up. As for the grouting problem, I think can try 3M products. Good or not, that I dont know.

tks! vincent suggested using penknife to scrap abit of the grout out, but i worry it scratches the tiles even worse. tks for yr advice, will check out home-fix to see if they've any product solution! :thumbs up:

thanks for the info, this is the same guy who was recommended in an earlier thread on window film

will check out about the ab filme at home fix coz my sis was complaining about the sunlight coming in to her room through the full-ht windows :deal: she was the one who wanted full-ht loh, now complain and complain only

my goal in life is to do things i enjoy :deal:

my job is what provides the means to do so

everyday waking up time must psycho myself that if dun go work, no money to pay bill, go holiday, eat good food, buy things for my parents, buy ingredients to cook :D

this afternoon is the first time i'm home after the film is up. i should say its really really really effective. less heat and definitely lesser sun. before that, i sit in my living is buay tahan from 3pm to 6pm lo. was feeling so comfortable watching dvd (even though sitting on the floor :thumbs up: ) till 4pm just now, then when we walked out of the house to go over my parent's place, so HOT and GLARING outside. but one bad thing is, the whole house now is not bright. i love sunny airy rooms also. ai ya, life is contradicting, why we cannot own A and B together? maybe u can take the one that is one tone lighter. hubby insisted on the using the darker one coz he hates sun.

i oso, every morning wake up tell myself, i must work hard to earn more $ so that i can do my place nicely. :bangwall:

hehehe for me i will go for the dark dark one loh

if want bright bright can always open the windows mah

me unlikely to switch on air-con often :bangwall:

Was too greedy previously and got the biggest cutlery holder in Ikea. I see my drawer too up liao la, haha. End up cannot fit and went back to change to the smallest (this is 1/3 the biggest size one :deal: but the big one is good lei, got knife slots, this one don't have :deal:) today. Got some other minor utensils too. :bangwall:

30062007009.jpg

(Taken using my hubby's Nokia E65, I love its camera capabilites, so clear and sharp, mine sucks big time!)

hehehe for me i will go for the dark dark one loh

if want bright bright can always open the windows mah

me unlikely to switch on air-con often :)

haha.. but if u open windows then the sun will shine in ma! i don't like air-con oso. makes my throat dry then i get sore-throat. but hubby loves air-con. ai ya, we really opposites in many many sense but i guess they say opposites attract lo. :) if not i oso don't know why he my hubby le. 8|