Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Just receive a brochure from Goodrich and they having a sale!

20% off wallcoverings

20% off fabrics

15% off carpet and rugs

10% off floorings (laminate and engineered timber)

i got it too but no budget.

OMG Linda..your hse is soooOOOooOooo nice!:good:

I love your MBR wardrobe...I LOVE IT!!!cool! if only I can have such wardrobe *droolz*

btw I'm also late 70s baby :dancingqueen:

I behave like an old uncle because I *am* an old uncle. 1979? I got my 'O' levels already. Yet my daughter is only 1 year old.....

uncle archer, don't understand lei. u say u old uncle, then u say 1979, then u say u got yr 'o' levels and then u say yr daughter. :deal:

i like tung I noodles! the one with the oil packet inside. super duper nice!:)!:furious:!

aiyo. maybe i should find something else to wallpaper...

aiya, guys can be old old also nvr mind. U can be much older than your wife also nobody care lor. but if vice versa then people will stare. so unfair.

tung i noodles is nice too! but i really too lazy to cook noodles lo, i prefer those REALLY instant one, pour hot water can liao type. :deal: i think after the discount still not cheap lei. i agree on the very old male then young female no one bother lo. i mean people will say 'wa, this uncle not bad, must be very rich that's why can find such a young and pretty wife'!

Errrrr if wife is too young, people would think that old guy is going out with his daughter.

I meant my daughter is only 1year old *now*. 8|

but the old guy will feel proud ma, so old still got somebody so young want. ai ya, that girl must be from cheena, vietnam or mynmmar la. so u 1979 daugther 1 yr old, then what about the 'o' levels part har?

Cool!! Sale when till when? I wan to go see le :deal: .....hee....bloody exp to wallpaper 1 rm, last time I check, can come up to 1.2K...sobs....

i throw away liao lei. check out their website? :)

the kimchi noodles is $3.65 from sheng shiong

quite big packet so if only feeling peckish, can cook and two person share :)

i love the tung-i ones too, esp the abalone chicken bee hoon

one more favourite is the thai brand duck noodles

all can get from ntuc and giant :deal:

must cook one ar? sians leis. hehe. lazy wash pot. my instant is really instant add hot water can liao! the thai brand duck noodles is nice too! got one period long ago, i love it till can eat every night for supper. :P

OMG...this is freaky...from home renovation to instant mee, unbelievable!

haha.. wo men wu shuo bu tan!

i got it too but no budget.

i never knew they sell rugs. but no $ to even go look see oso. later see something nice, no $ to buy very sad. ;)

same here :(:(:(

don't worry lo, its a good mix of OLD and YOUNG here lei. i think half half after all the age declarations! :deal:

OMG Linda..your hse is soooOOOooOooo nice!:)

I love your MBR wardrobe...I LOVE IT!!!cool! if only I can have such wardrobe *droolz*

btw I'm also late 70s baby :furious:

thank you thank you!

actually before doing the wardrobe doors, i'm like 'must do black glass to make it nice' but now do liao, i'm sitting in front of it, i find that to think again, its so freaking expensive (normal laminate doors the wardrobe already near $3k, change wardrobe door to black glass add another $1k) and hard to maintain. coz its glass so must use those glass cleaner to wipe, gets fingerprint marks easily. plus i find it quite fragile. my id already change one of the door one type coz the glass crack. and the kitchen drawers black glass crack again (crack from the part where the handle is screwed to the door). so lor. totally not worth it. my other bedroom normal laminate doors so much cheaper and looks nice and easy to maintain (at least doesn't look dirty easily and can use normal damp cloth to just mop over).

that means he got his 'O' levels in 1979

so 28yrs ago he finish 'O' levels liao

but his daughter is only 1yr old now

OH I SEE! so now he (2007-1979)+16=44 yrs old la! haha.. :deal: say so ma, still must calculate, very challenging lei, my maths sucks!

44 yrs old daugther 1 yr old ok la. nowadays people are having children later and later. better, now you can provide for your child more easily. :deal:

yah loh yah loh

so many things to buy, so little money

my budget went through the roof liao

$30+k and still counting :)

FORGET TO SAY HELLO! haha.. last night i was so tired. did came in to read the posts but no energy to reply. sighs, me too.

today pang giap came to fix the grilles. but living grilles the guy measured wrongly so bring back to alter. the bedroom one is ok so they mounted it already. so UGLY. :deal: later i go take some pic to show. really awful la. i so do not look forward to them mounting the living one. *WAILS* but they ma fan la, coz i purposely arrange for sofa to come later after the grille, worrying they dirty my white fabric sofa. then its coming tomorrow already (i really look forward to having seats in the house) grilles still not settled. :furious:

Hi Linda~ Was looking thru yr t-blog and yr place look great!

Btw I'm a young mummy too.. 21years old with a 5 years old son. Nice meeting you here.. Cheers~

Hi Linda~ Was looking thru yr t-blog and yr place look great!

Btw I'm a young mummy too.. 21years old with a 5 years old son. Nice meeting you here.. Cheers~

thanks!

:drunk: yr hubby nearly got jailed lei! so u had him when u r 17 right? :D u win me a lot lor! :o i was know nuts about s3x at that age. :D we can trade new age child management tactics! hee..

The sofas was delivered this afternoon but its all wrong. :lol: After waiting anxiously for 4 weeks and all the suffering of sitting on the floor, its wrong. :) Very upset. Everything is written correctly and clearly and neatly (really very neat handwriting) on the delivery order but the wrong thing was delivered. Wonder whom did loading of goods, I mean don't they check before they load it up the lorry or something? :) It's a waste of their time and effort to rectify with all the carrying up and down of sofa.

Its quite a bad experience with Evov in some sense but its great that Maggi is so easily contactable and assuring that I feel much better now. I pity her also. Here she's doing her best to service her customers and behind, the operations people is scewing it up. Sounds a bit like my bank. Ha! :)

Living Sofa

Hubby spotted a stain on the sofa but luckily the delivery person managed to remove it with some solvent. When I came back home at night and saw it, the first thing I did was to take a measuring tape to measure the length. My guess was right, I ordered for 2.2m but this one is 2.1m. Sms-ed Maggi immediately and she says she'll check it out tomorrow and give me a call. Regardless, I'm going to tell her tomorrow if she needs to re-manufacture a new one, I want this wrong one here and they can do an exchange later on. If they carry it back, it will be another 4 weeks of suffering. 8|

06072007002.jpg

06072007003.jpg

06072007004.jpg

It comes with 2 cushions, they gave away another 2 due to GSS. :)

MBR Sofa

Sighs, this is totally off. You can ignore the black cushions, it's meant for the living but we put it here first so that its not so plain. It comes in 2 pieces. I ordered one with arm (which cost $200 more) and one without. They delivered both without arm. And cream long furry backrest cushions when I wanted it to be black furry also. ;) I repeat again lor, the delivery order is written so clearly in black and white, are they blind or something? They took back one chair and the cushions to exchange. Maggi says coz another customer ordered the same one (so qiao with same fabric and foam?) so they had delivered wrongly.

06072007.jpg

06072007001.jpg

Also, when I compare with the sofa I see in the showroom, somehow, my sofa seems more stiff and squarish when the showroom piece seems more plushy and cushy. Though the showroom piece is in real leather but shouldn't differ so much in terms of the foam right? Really don't know why.

04062007003.jpg

Edited by LinDa

Hey Linda, hope you can rectify the issues without too much inconvenients to you. Cheers

thanks, i hope so too. sorry to rant and whine about it! :P was just frustrated recent deliveries did not go well - remote hanger broke down on us for 2 consecutive days, window grilles came in wrong dimensions and curtain track falling on me twice.

have a great weekend!

Its quite a bad experience with Evov in some sense but its great that Maggi is so easily contactable and assuring that I feel much better now. I pity her also. Here she's doing her best to service her customers and behind, the operations people is scewing it up. Sounds a bit like my bank. Ha! :P

Also, when I compare with the sofa I see in the showroom, somehow, my sofa seems more stiff and squarish when the showroom piece seems more plushy and cushy. Though the showroom piece is in real leather but shouldn't differ so much in terms of the foam right? Really don't know why.

Maybe the showroom piece looks more plushy n cushy becos many ppl have tried on it and it became seasoned. Urs is stiff cos its new mah so its ur responsibilty to season it. ask ur kids to jump on it. haha

Which bank u work in btw?