Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

dear dear that's very traumatising leh

first bought wrong sofa, then now this :D

think i will just sit on the new sofa and cry :~

then i'll keep repeating this phrase - 'why me? why me?'

but then again, now i have you as company liao :rofl:

seems like our renovation progress is filled with set backs, minor ones though but still :P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Maybe the showroom piece looks more plushy n cushy becos many ppl have tried on it and it became seasoned. Urs is stiff cos its new mah so its ur responsibilty to season it. ask ur kids to jump on it. haha

Which bank u work in btw?

i really hope its the making it seasoned part lei. seems to me its like that lor. :rofl: don't know if i complain to maggi she will understand the problem and if understand, most probably come up with this seasoned excuse also lor. :~

some customers tell me my bank is d4mn bloody slow, some say d4mn bloody stupid whereas some commented we are d4mn bloody stingy. at times it can be d4mn bloody silly or simply d4mn bloody stringent. the list goes on. can guess already? :dribble:

dear dear that's very traumatising leh

first bought wrong sofa, then now this :D

think i will just sit on the new sofa and cry :dribble:

then i'll keep repeating this phrase - 'why me? why me?'

but then again, now i have you as company liao !!

seems like our renovation progress is filled with set backs, minor ones though but still :P

thanks for reminding me about my previous sofa lei. i almost forgotten about it liao! come to think about it, i got so many minor MAJOR setbacks on my sofa. maybe its just not meant to be and i should do without sofas for my place! somemore i find the sofa is too big for my living area. occupying like half of my platform living. :bow:

Edited by LinDa

some customers tell me my bank is d4mn bloody slow, some say d4mn bloody stupid whereas some commented we are d4mn bloody stingy. at times it can be d4mn bloody silly or d4mn bloody stringent. the list goes on. can guess already? :P

Haha, u very humourous.

Btw, I work in old citi-banker's club and my wife works in useless old bank. :D

Haha, u very humourous.

Btw, I work in old citi-banker's club and my wife works in useless old bank. :D

:rofl:

woah-ho, we are all in the same industry - loyal to singapore somemore, very local! :P

Edited by LinDa

oops, didn't mean to remind you about the old sofa

maybe you are meant to make full use of the platform that you built :rofl:

then again, as the saying goes

what doesn't kill us makes us stronger

so we are all STRONGER after the whole renovation process liao :D:P

oops, didn't mean to remind you about the old sofa

maybe you are meant to make full use of the platform that you built :~

then again, as the saying goes

what doesn't kill us makes us stronger

so we are all STRONGER after the whole renovation process liao :D:P

haha.. we are cool. ya lo, if know earlier, i could have save more money without sofas, just throw cushions. since its carpeted anyways hor. too late le la.

haha, but stronger liao for what lei? also cannot apply in our jobs ma.

at my mom's place now using my sis's lappy coz hubby playing mj with my family. live earth concert has the female ochestra band playing on ch u, very nice music! :rofl:

Edited by LinDa

hmm dun really support this concert coz i totally agree with what arctic monkeys said...

the first thought that came to my mind also the same loh

go green but leave so many carbon footprints by organising this concert :P

stronger to face whatever challenges that may come our way loh

you got a child right? then you need to be very STRONG coz sure got issues one

like first time he ask to stay outside overnight, first time got girlfriend, all the first time also headache lor :rofl:

jia you jia you :D

hmm dun really support this concert coz i totally agree with what arctic monkeys said...

go green but leave so many carbon footprints by organising this concert :)

like first time he ask to stay outside overnight, first time got girlfriend, all the first time also headache lor :P

jia you jia you :~

haha. on tv coz nice program can liao. but live earth is an international kinda thing right? was reading straits times life a minute ago (multi-task - read papers, watch tv, surf net) then saw that janeiro also having the concert. :(i is well frog one, too lazy to read papers. :P oh, its concerts across seven continents support green movement, just went to surf abt it.

hey suddenly realise its 7-7-07. a lot of people getting married today! congrats to all those newly weds. good date!

not bad lei, can channel my stronger being into better child management! keke.

very sians, so fast sat over. :bleah: wish it lasted forever. :bow:

Edited by LinDa

thanks!

:~ yr hubby nearly got jailed lei! so u had him when u r 17 right? :) u win me a lot lor! :bleah: i was know nuts about s3x at that age. :( we can trade new age child management tactics! hee..

U're welcome.. cos yr place really looked great!!

no lah~ almost but nv lah~ hahax.. we were very "careful" before i hit 16.. LOLs!! I was a January baby~ So we ROM shortly after my bday, got pregnant shortly.. and gave birth to my son on October.. Still 16~ There's no winner or loser in parenthood~ as long as we provide, care & love for our child, everyone is a good parents. =D

The sofas was delivered this afternoon but its all wrong. :furious: After waiting anxiously for 4 weeks and all the suffering of sitting on the floor, its wrong. 8| Very upset. Everything is written correctly and clearly and neatly (really very neat handwriting) on the delivery order but the wrong thing was delivered. Wonder whom did loading of goods, I mean don't they check before they load it up the lorry or something? :unsure: It's a waste of their time and effort to rectify with all the carrying up and down of sofa.

Its quite a bad experience with Evov in some sense but its great that Maggi is so easily contactable and assuring that I feel much better now. I pity her also. Here she's doing her best to service her customers and behind, the operations people is scewing it up. Sounds a bit like my bank. Ha! :P

Hubby spotted a stain on the sofa but luckily the delivery person managed to remove it with some solvent. When I came back home at night and saw it, the first thing I did was to take a measuring tape to measure the length. My guess was right, I ordered for 2.2m but this one is 2.1m. Sms-ed Maggi immediately and she says she'll check it out tomorrow and give me a call. Regardless, I'm going to tell her tomorrow if she needs to re-manufacture a new one, I want this wrong one here and they can do an exchange later on. If they carry it back, it will be another 4 weeks of suffering. :yamseng:

It comes with 2 cushions, they gave away another 2 due to GSS. :good:

Sighs, this is totally off. You can ignore the black cushions, it's meant for the living but we put it here first so that its not so plain. It comes in 2 pieces. I ordered one with arm (which cost $200 more) and one without. They delivered both without arm. And cream long furry backrest cushions when I wanted it to be black furry also. :jawdrop: I repeat again lor, the delivery order is written so clearly in black and white, are they blind or something? They took back one chair and the cushions to exchange. Maggi says coz another customer ordered the same one (so qiao with same fabric and foam?) so they had delivered wrongly.

Also, when I compare with the sofa I see in the showroom, somehow, my sofa seems more stiff and squarish when the showroom piece seems more plushy and cushy. Though the showroom piece is in real leather but shouldn't differ so much in terms of the foam right? Really don't know why.

Hi Linda

Oh no! I understand your disappointment and fustration after so much anticipation and waiting about the sofa! Now have to wait some more.. You are really sharp to notice the 0.1m diff from your 3-seater! Talking about that, I must go and measure my sofa length too.. My sofa was delivered last week too.. Everything seems alright though I was a little worried Evov will screw up cos their coordination between the staff was a bit off.

As for the delivered sofa seeming different from the showroom piece, like what Predaking said, it has to be seasoned.. That was what the delivery people told me too. Has to be seasoned after that it will look nice cos my sofa looks a little raw too..

so many things to do, so little time right?

me still haven't do my project leh

how how how :)

i'm a real procrastinator :furious:

haha, procrastinating is normal. i also sama sama. :)

go green but leave so many carbon footprints by organising this concert :)

like first time he ask to stay outside overnight, first time got girlfriend, all the first time also headache lor :no:

jia you jia you :furious:

haha if you read sunday times comics page, there is a comic on the concert, very funny :)

by having this concert, ppl will on TV, aircon & lights to watch the long concert, & wasting more electricity & polluting the environment hehe :no:

no lah~ almost but nv lah~ hahax.. we were very "careful" before i hit 16.. LOLs!! I was a January baby~ So we ROM shortly after my bday, got pregnant shortly.. and gave birth to my son on October.. Still 16~ There's no winner or loser in parenthood~ as long as we provide, care & love for our child, everyone is a good parents. =D

:furious: haha but out of curiousity, why both of u so young want to have kids? so you have more kids now? :yamseng:

Hi Linda

Oh no! I understand your disappointment and fustration after so much anticipation and waiting about the sofa! Now have to wait some more.. You are really sharp to notice the 0.1m diff from your 3-seater! Talking about that, I must go and measure my sofa length too.. My sofa was delivered last week too.. Everything seems alright though I was a little worried Evov will screw up cos their coordination between the staff was a bit off.

As for the delivered sofa seeming different from the showroom piece, like what Predaking said, it has to be seasoned.. That was what the delivery people told me too. Has to be seasoned after that it will look nice cos my sofa looks a little raw too..

lucky you! :) mine is totally quite wrong. :no: but maggi (the sales person is very helpful). u are right, the front and back coordination is so off, everything is written so clearly in the delivery order they brought along. i also find that my del seems bigger than the one in the showroom. :) remembered it's not so big. maybe coz my living small and colour is light. :)

haha if you read sunday times comics page, there is a comic on the concert, very funny :no:

by having this concert, ppl will on TV, aircon & lights to watch the long concert, & wasting more electricity & polluting the environment hehe :unsure:

that's the whole joke about it lor. but i feel it does raise awareness in some sense for the long run. :P

Image007-1.jpgImage006-1.jpg
Hi LinDa :good: ,

Nice green wall you got there, can you give us the brand and the colour code for that?

Thanks! :yamseng:

P.S.:Thanks for visiting our Reno T-blog too. :D