Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

Hello!! Ai yo, I'm so sorry, I was so busy with the holidays in Dec and then I had a change department for my work so was busying settling in after that.

Got a question about my ID so came in to answer the query and was reminded about my thread. Had a hard time tracking it down somemore. :P

How have you been???

wah wah wah linda finally reporting in :dancingqueen:

we are all quite fine

planning a trip to BKK in aug together :notti:

you free next saturday?

report in to greycat's t-blog leh :deal:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
wah wah wah linda finally reporting in :dancingqueen:

we are all quite fine

planning a trip to BKK in aug together :notti:

you free next saturday?

report in to greycat's t-blog leh :deal:

haha, pai say pai say. :P

wow, sounds fun! lots of things to buy in bkk!! sad thing is that suan lum night market close, so much things to buy and decorate the house!!!

next weekend i got a landmark forum (something like a course). it is 3 whole days from 8am to 11pm on fri, sat and sun. the long hours :bangwall:

need to ask something lei, have u read/see/hear anything negative about fuse concepts or plush living?

Hello! Its ok if you can't make it for greycat's outing, just come for the next one if there's an encore outing though. Landmark forum? Hmm what is it based on exactly that takes 3 days? Anything related to your job?

PS: you have a nice place including the curtains. :)

wow, sounds fun! lots of things to buy in bkk!! sad thing is that suan lum night market close, so much things to buy and decorate the house!!!

next weekend i got a landmark forum (something like a course). it is 3 whole days from 8am to 11pm on fri, sat and sun. the long hours :bangwall:

need to ask something lei, have u read/see/hear anything negative about fuse concepts or plush living?

Edited by BunBun

suan lum closed liao meh?

saw from other forums it's still open wor :dunno:

since you can't join us at greycat's place

join us for the BKK trip?

Hello! Its ok if you can't make it for greycat's outing, just come for the next one if there's an encore outing though. Landmark forum? Hmm what is it based on exactly that takes 3 days? Anything related to your job?

PS: you have a nice place including the curtains. :)

http://www.landmark-forum.com/ - its those self-improvement kind of course. not exactly related to work but indirectly ie better self will perform better at work. my boss's boss "recommend" we all do. its at OUR OWN EXPENSE, $1k lei, heart pain. can cover BKK trip and still shop like crazy. but its the long hours that makes me sian. whole weekend burned. hopefully (and i tink) shld gain something useful ba.

thanks, i've moved in for coming to a year, super messy now liao! haha.

suan lum closed liao meh?

saw from other forums it's still open wor :dunno:

since you can't join us at greycat's place

join us for the BKK trip?

i went early april, the people tell me its closing end april. den my colleague went over the may labour holidays, tell me not open lei. but my colleague abit blur one la (though she goes bkk to shop every 3 mths), so i dun noe she see correctly not coz she say they bypass the place at night and there are no lights.

wish i can! i'm gg taipei in jul (though its officially for work) so no budget for bkk liao. and i just went in april (for work as well but i did shop a fair bit :P ) so hubby sure dun allow one. he's my financial controller coz i'm a big spendthrift lor. but really a lot of cheap things to buy for home deco lei. i wanted to buy this painting that time but never, now very regret!

Edited by LinDa

u finally appeared again!!! :dancingqueen:

haha, hello girl! i miss all of you lor. :D is that pic of your teapot used for tea ceremony? project B now liao har? keke. i got many friends and colleagues expecting, so good when i tink of the 3 mths rest! heh.. but i have a close friend cum colleague lost her baby girl at 8 mths recently and i've been visiting her at the hospital, very very very depressing.

hi Linda,

read so much abt you,...keke ;)

i got some banking stuffs to *qing jiao* you,....can?

maybe i PM you my email and will ask you from there.

haha, i hope u read the good things. no problem! hope i can be of some help to you.

Edited by LinDa

:o ur boss recommend but company no sponser? 8|

If they want some "benefits" out of you people working for them, at least should sponser one. This is called benefitting both parties. :notti: I take one look at this landmark forum and don't really see much difference from motivation which alot of people give talks on.. similar to stuff like religion, motivation, the dos and don'ts. Hardly any different. It's just what you do on your own makes a difference

:o ur boss recommend but company no sponser? 8|

If they want some "benefits" out of you people working for them, at least should sponser one. This is called benefitting both parties. :notti: I take one look at this landmark forum and don't really see much difference from motivation which alot of people give talks on.. similar to stuff like religion, motivation, the dos and don'ts. Hardly any different. It's just what you do on your own makes a difference

no choice lo. boss only grant me that fri off to go. only benefit. :unsure: my colleagues all went and they share your same thought, its similar kind of course but depends if you keep remembering and practising what they shared. what to do. the "recommendation" was so "persuasive". :dunno:

Edited by LinDa

You heard of Dale Carneige's courses before? Their courses are similar to chicken soup but more closely linked to religion + heart with psychological analysis sometimes as reference. And there's these few types to define people accordingly to their personality. I can only remember one of these types, that is 'sanguine' though.

Actually if I were to put it down with landmark forum courses, I wouldn't say they're on a par because Dale's mostly concentrated on emotional aspect of motivation while I believe landmark's is more directed towards hardcore aspect of motivation. Like sales prep talk something like this. I think your boss felt it might bear fruit on those who supposedly gain something out of it 'cos it benefits company growth, performance? Hehehe honestly, i wouldn't want to go even if i get a day off, i rather keep my weekends free & pockets no hole also. :P

no choice lo. boss only grant me that fri off to go. only benefit. :unsure: my colleagues all went and they share your same thought, its similar kind of course but depends if you keep remembering and practising what they shared. what to do. the "recommendation" was so "persuasive". :dunno:

You heard of Dale Carneige's courses before? Their courses are similar to chicken soup but more closely linked to religion + heart with psychological analysis sometimes as reference. And there's these few types to define people accordingly to their personality. I can only remember one of these types, that is 'sanguine' though.

Actually if I were to put it down with landmark forum courses, I wouldn't say they're on a par because Dale's mostly concentrated on emotional aspect of motivation while I believe landmark's is more directed towards hardcore aspect of motivation. Like sales prep talk something like this. I think your boss felt it might bear fruit on those who supposedly gain something out of it 'cos it benefits company growth, performance? Hehehe honestly, i wouldn't want to go even if i get a day off, i rather keep my weekends free & pockets no hole also. :P

i read dale carneige's book on negotiation quite a while back and it was a really good book. nah, i actually can't be bothered with all these motivation courses if not for...

my boss 'persuaded' everyone from our team to go so we speak the 'same lingo'. apparently there are some techniques he used in office and he feels it will have better effect if we all understand these techniques. but nonetheless, my boss is a great boss as he is himself a very motivational person whom can dissect our problems till it seems its not an problem at all.

i totally agree with you on keeping my weekends free and saving a bomb. the most ideal scenario will be its sponsored and conducted on weekdays during office hours. :notti:

It sounds like your boss is one heck of a good motivator and boss from the way you say it. :thumbs up:

Ya Dale Carneige's books are quite interesting, read a few of Dale Carneige's books before but can't help feeling that its more like research & psychological assessment at times. Not everyone is able to understand those techniques that your boss is saying about, let alone speak the same lingo if the heart is not there to understand the depth of it. Even simplifying things wouldn't help. Thats why there are role model examples which people look up to learn from.

Im curious what would you learn from the landmark forum course though. :notti:

i read dale carneige's book on negotiation quite a while back and it was a really good book. nah, i actually can't be bothered with all these motivation courses if not for...

my boss 'persuaded' everyone from our team to go so we speak the 'same lingo'. apparently there are some techniques he used in office and he feels it will have better effect if we all understand these techniques. but nonetheless, my boss is a great boss as he is himself a very motivational person whom can dissect our problems till it seems its not an problem at all.

i totally agree with you on keeping my weekends free and saving a bomb. the most ideal scenario will be its sponsored and conducted on weekdays during office hours. :notti:

Edited by BunBun

It sounds like your boss is one heck of a good motivator and boss from the way you say it. :thumbsup:

Ya Dale Carneige's books are quite interesting, read a few of Dale Carneige's books before but can't help feeling that its more like research & psychological assessment at times. Not everyone is able to understand those techniques that your boss is saying about, let alone speak the same lingo if the heart is not there to understand the depth of it. Even simplifying things wouldn't help. Thats why there are role model examples which people look up to learn from.

Im curious what would you learn from the landmark forum course though. :notti:

i hope i get a permanent different perspective of things. :rolleyes:

Edited by LinDa

keke tell me more about it after attending the landmark forum course? :notti: :notti:

okie, this fri nite i will update ok! :D

btw, anyway keen to drive up to genting together for a weekend getaway?

Can can no prob. :lol:

okie, this fri nite i will update ok! :D

btw, anyway keen to drive up to genting together for a weekend getaway?