Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LinDa

^urban Linda's Suburban Cove^

actually i dun mind older children who are quiet and well-behaved

but with the westernisation of singapore's educational system, i really fear that it's becoming a dying breed :P

i have kiasu friends who send their infants for prep-course that parents attend as well

to me i'll feel that i owe the child if he/she can't succeed in the future coz i really dun believe in this kind of things

how many of us go for infant prep-course or montesory kindergarten?

we turned out well didn't we?

well, it's a very personal choice

some will feel a rush of maternal care when they hear a baby cry

me? i'll cringe in fear :lol:

maybe i sound crazy, but me and my babies do communicate leh

they'll let me know when they want treats, when they want sayang, when they want to play :rofl:

most importantly, i can tell them things and be assured that no one will ever know my secrets :P

sometimes i just need to vent but dun want to give anyone any funny impressions so they are my best listeners

they'll look at me with they big big eyes like saying 'oh poor mummy, must be really hard on you' :D

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
actually i dun mind older children who are quiet and well-behaved

but with the westernisation of singapore's educational system, i really fear that it's becoming a dying breed :(

i have kiasu friends who send their infants for prep-course that parents attend as well

to me i'll feel that i owe the child if he/she can't succeed in the future coz i really dun believe in this kind of things

how many of us go for infant prep-course or montesory kindergarten?

we turned out well didn't we?

well, it's a very personal choice

some will feel a rush of maternal care when they hear a baby cry

me? i'll cringe in fear :notti:

maybe i sound crazy, but me and my babies do communicate leh

they'll let me know when they want treats, when they want sayang, when they want to play :P

most importantly, i can tell them things and be assured that no one will ever know my secrets :D

sometimes i just need to vent but dun want to give anyone any funny impressions so they are my best listeners

they'll look at me with they big big eyes like saying 'oh poor mummy, must be really hard on you' :P

haha, quiet and well-behave really depends on parents le. me and my hubby siao siao one so my son also like clown like that! :D

we turned out fine. :yamseng: but the environment for kids then and now different ma. for me, i don't have the means to provide $1000 per semester english tuition at lorna whistna (or something), $1000 enrichment classes like art at nanyang academy art school/speech and drama at singapore performing arts/swim lessons at ang peng siong school, $1000 golf lessons etc lo.

i feel as long as my kid got the right values, studies need not be the priority. don't be last can liao la, don't need be top. next time got job, enough to feed him (when married, his family), i'm happy.

if baby cry, my mother instinct will kick in lo. i don't go near babies too. scare i want another one after i see them so cute! :P

hehe, u r so loving to yr babies that i'm still shocked u dun like kids le! but given a choice again, i would not have one so soon la. now i'm 27 with a six yrs old, if i'm not married, most probably i intend to marry at 35 and have a kid before i'm 40. :thumbs up:

haha, quiet and well-behave really depends on parents le. me and my hubby siao siao one so my son also like clown like that! :lol:

we turned out fine. :good: but the environment for kids then and now different ma. for me, i don't have the means to provide $1000 per semester english tuition at lorna whistna (or something), $1000 enrichment classes like art at nanyang academy art school/speech and drama at singapore performing arts/swim lessons at ang peng siong school, $1000 golf lessons etc lo.

i feel as long as my kid got the right values, studies need not be the priority. don't be last can liao la, don't need be top. next time got job, enough to feed him (when married, his family), i'm happy.

if baby cry, my mother instinct will kick in lo. i don't go near babies too. scare i want another one after i see them so cute! :lol:

hehe, u r so loving to yr babies that i'm still shocked u dun like kids le! but given a choice again, i would not have one so soon la. now i'm 27 with a six yrs old, if i'm not married, most probably i intend to marry at 35 and have a kid before i'm 40. :lol:

seriously i think the environment for kids is still the same loh

still two years of kindergarten, six years of primay school, four years of secondary school and higher learning after that

i dun believe going to prep-courses will help the child to do better coz i believe that a person is born smart. if can make it means can make it, if cannot make it go how many courses also no use loh

one thing that turns me off having a child is also the compulsory schooling thing. how is a child going to learn if he is in a class of 40 and the teacher can't even speak english/mandarin properly???

my babies won't throw tantrums mah, but i see human babies :jawdrop:

the crying is incessant and demands are non-stop

really cannot tahan...

i think we should shift all the chatting back here lah

not so good to talk about my reno in other pple's thread right?

me now planning how my Built-In-Wardrobe will look like so that i can put everything inside so my room will only have the BIW and a queen bed

not so cluttered loh

white wallpapers are nice.. what modifs?? got pic?? :lol: i find textured wallpaper oso 'swee'.. been to few condo showrooms, all use textured type..

i nv expect so thin too.. same lor, oso wait a couple more yrs, got $$ then re-do again.. now re-do very lang fei..

mine is flower design textured wallpaper. :jawdrop:

livingroom_wallpaper01.jpg

seriously i think the environment for kids is still the same loh

still two years of kindergarten, six years of primay school, four years of secondary school and higher learning after that

i dun believe going to prep-courses will help the child to do better coz i believe that a person is born smart. if can make it means can make it, if cannot make it go how many courses also no use loh

one thing that turns me off having a child is also the compulsory schooling thing. how is a child going to learn if he is in a class of 40 and the teacher can't even speak english/mandarin properly???

my babies won't throw tantrums mah, but i see human babies :lol:

the crying is incessant and demands are non-stop

really cannot tahan...

i think we should shift all the chatting back here lah

not so good to talk about my reno in other pple's thread right?

me now planning how my Built-In-Wardrobe will look like so that i can put everything inside so my room will only have the BIW and a queen bed

not so cluttered loh

i agree on that. i did relief teaching at one of the primary school before. 40 kids in a class is too much. i wonder why govt dont wanna reduce it lo. i think 20 is a just nice group so that attention can be given to every kid. with all the hype abt increasing singapore's birthrate, but with problems like this not settled, where got ppl really want to have kids?

u noe i read that in finland, kids don't start schooling (real schooling learning abc's) till they are seven. that means they are literally illiterate till seven. they learn from play like hands on things, building things till seven then start learning words but they still lead the world in terms of literacy (top ten or something) when they are fiften. i feel singapore children start going to prep school to learn words too early in singapore. and its 20 yrs of schooling after tat. where got fun? so stressful.

haha and somemore u can put pets at home and go out shopping yrself. i cant put my son alone at home lor! come back, don't know my house still there anot? :lol:

i see i see. wardrobe planning very tedious le. see lots of other ppl one so that u can build yrs. so far, mine (not walk-in) just nice for me to put all my barangs barangs. last time, my old wardrobe squeeze the clothes until want to collapse on me liao. :lol:

mine is flower design textured wallpaper. :)

WA SUPER CHIO! :jawdrop: very nice! maybe my next wallpaper! how much for one wall? can show yr whole wall size? u did thru goodrich themselves right (as in their ppl come down install)?

wah very nice leh :good:

how much did it cost to do up one whole wall?

maybe i should add it to my renovation list as well...

ey, u dun need la. i help u find those old old posters of those girls (like holding those powder, 'shui xian bai' can food etc) help u paste the whole wall can liao! cfm swee! :P

Edited by LinDa

actually hor, i think there is a very little know law that most parents dun know

that is if you leave a child under the age of 7 (or is it 12?) alone at home

you are actually guilty of child abuse leh

got a woman ever kenna charged and fined (or was it jailed) for leaving her 7yo son alone at home :jawdrop:

i jialat leh, tommorrow got to hand in my project but have not done anything yet

still surfing the net somemore :good:

BIW actually quite easy to plan in my case

coz as long as there are space for my things, which is pathetically little

good enough liao

so plan plan 2hrs settled :lol:

I think the kids nowadays are suffering alot because for their parent's Kiasu-ism. Learning is important but I think a child should learn through enjoyment and not by programmed. I have been thinking of the ways that I can use to bring up my kids in the future...arts and crafts. Probably I can have art and craft workshops with them on weekends...hehe I am dreaming and looking forward to it. :lol:

actually hor, i think there is a very little know law that most parents dun know

that is if you leave a child under the age of 7 (or is it 12?) alone at home

you are actually guilty of child abuse leh

got a woman ever kenna charged and fined (or was it jailed) for leaving her 7yo son alone at home :jawdrop:

i jialat leh, tommorrow got to hand in my project but have not done anything yet

still surfing the net somemore :lol:

BIW actually quite easy to plan in my case

coz as long as there are space for my things, which is pathetically little

good enough liao

so plan plan 2hrs settled :lol:

really! i did not know that le. but i wouldn't dare la, better be safe than sorry. that's why doing grilles for some areas. talking abt that makes me SIANS la.

HUH, tmr hand in project u still no do? individual project? on wat topic? maybe i can help? u on leave tmr?

2 hours of planning is actually a lot lei. keke..

where's bluberi? hehe.

I think the kids nowadays are suffering alot because for their parent's Kiasu-ism. Learning is important but I think a child should learn through enjoyment and not by programmed. I have been thinking of the ways that I can use to bring up my kids in the future...arts and crafts. Probably I can have art and craft workshops with them on weekends...hehe I am dreaming and looking forward to it. :P

yup, art is a great hands-on way of learning. but i can't imagine the mess. :good: tats y i never let my son do art at home lei. when its time, set aside the special corner for the arts and crafts bonding! i actually nv really think for my kid le. i just let things goes its course. got spelling, learn one day before, got homework do one day before. i'm a bad mom la! don't plan one. very haphazard and forgetful. said sorry to my son countless of times for all the boo-boos i've made. :lol:

wah very nice leh :lol:

how much did it cost to do up one whole wall?

maybe i should add it to my renovation list as well...

WA SUPER CHIO! :jawdrop: very nice! maybe my next wallpaper! how much for one wall? can show yr whole wall size? u did thru goodrich themselves right (as in their ppl come down install)?

thanks :lol: i did this as a tv feature wall in my living room. including the plasterboard wall is ard $800+ but i did it thru my ID.

TVarrival.jpg

it's ard 8ft long. hehe.. very messy pic, n ignore my hubby in the pic cos that time he testing out our tv when it arrived.

we did a larger one, covering the whole of one wall for our mbr and it cost us abt $600.

mbr_wallpaper01.jpg

hmm.. i dunno if it's cheaper to just go thru goodrich directly or not.

i like dark dark colours ones like yours but hubby dun like..

so have to choose all the light and bright colours one.. :good:

Actually its the first time I'm at home so leisurely and just realised I got sunset view that I've been envying so many others!

01072007004.jpg

I think with the dark film installed, can see more clearly, last time I just thought its the bothersome evening hot sun. :jawdrop:

Nice house u got there..love yr wallpapers and what a beautiful view u have there...wah wish i also had that..but i stay 2nd flr only view i get are the cars at the multi storey car park nearby lolz..

yup, art is a great hands-on way of learning. but i can't imagine the mess. :sport-smiley-003: tats y i never let my son do art at home lei. when its time, set aside the special corner for the arts and crafts bonding! i actually nv really think for my kid le. i just let things goes its course. got spelling, learn one day before, got homework do one day before. i'm a bad mom la! don't plan one. very haphazard and forgetful. said sorry to my son countless of times for all the boo-boos i've made. :bangwall:

Hmmm...you sounded like a young mummy!

geesh i'm jealous of your view too! i look out my window and i can see right into my neighbour's block.

Hmmm...you sounded like a young mummy!

hehe. aiyo u mean u thot she was old???

geesh i'm jealous of your view too! i look out my window and i can see right into my neighbour's block.

hehe. aiyo u mean u thot she was old???

Oops, sensative issue! :)

Never thought she is old but just never expect her to have kids who are old enough to have spelling in school unless school is getting tougher for kids. Really envy the young parents, I want to have my kids while I am young too so that the age gap is closer and we will have more time and energy to interact with them.