Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icer

Property Market Boom Bubble?

Hi all,

The prices of property are going up, up and up. Wondering it it's a bubble. Might not be wise to purchase now since prices are so high and if it's a bubble, a lot of people will be in trouble.

Already have some people who bought those high end pte properties thinking they can sell and earn big bucks. However some of them did not manage to sell and end up deposit forfeited cos they can't afford.

Any advice on this?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

buy something resale in the suburbs - they haven't hit a bubble yet. Going for anything new or in D9, D10, D11 is asking for trouble.

Yah. I think so too.

Apparently, the govt seems very happy to have the property prices going up.

buy something resale in the suburbs - they haven't hit a bubble yet. Going for anything new or in D9, D10, D11 is asking for trouble.

Yah. I think so too.

Apparently, the govt seems very happy to have the property prices going up.

more property changing hand..

more stamp fee they collect

property price go up

stamp fee also go up

is a win-win to them..

of course they happy

if not.. how to feed them with 60% increment

" buy something resale in the suburbs - they haven't hit a bubble yet ..... "

scanning thru the papers, even the properties in the sub are asking ridiculous prices too ... unless you get a windfall, very hard to get a good buy in today's market ...

:P

ha. if u are cash rich and can afford to wait, then buy now. afterall, land is limited in sg and the only way prices can go in the long term for property is up..

but if u are poor like me.. then better not lor. coz i think its too risky liao. its definately a bubble. the reason for the mad increase in property prices is driven by those foreigners all coming in to invest.... with all those IR hype and all, its a good time to invest for them. thats y the prices for upmarket & grade a property have increased so much so fast.. coz they are fuelled by foreign funds..

Majority of singaporeans can only afford less upmarket areas, thats y prices in most of the other properties have not increased so fast.

But u never know when all these foreign funds pull out.. or when sars or something else hits.. when investor sentiments dampen suddenly, then liao already la. must sit and wait for the next cycle to come.

so unless u can afford to sit and wait, then don invest in property la. Real property need so much money, bank borrowing interest so high. if u think property can go up but dun wanna spend so much to buy a property, then try reits lor. use own money, not borrow from bank.

kaka. but then thats just my approach. i'm not a risk taker lor. thats why so poor. sob sob.

waiting n waiting n waiting

if burst, do u think that kopi, wanton mee and others will fall too????

doesn't seem so in the last depression, price doesn't change just less sale.

Got money, can play. No money, stay out.

For me, can see, can smell, cannot touch.

Happy with shelter over my head. :bangwall:

waiting n waiting n waiting

if burst, do u think that kopi, wanton mee and others will fall too????

doesn't seem so in the last depression, price doesn't change just less sale.

???

what has kopi and wanton mee gotta do with this?

i love char kway teow!

It's bad. I missed the boom and now too late to buy any properties cos they are so expensive.

Must wait for the next cycle dunno how long. Stupid HDB have those stupid rulings for singles that makes me not able to buy any flats.

It's bad. I missed the boom and now too late to buy any properties cos they are so expensive.

Must wait for the next cycle dunno how long. Stupid HDB have those stupid rulings for singles that makes me not able to buy any flats.

I also agree Property Market Bubble will boom, now the market is high, the best is wait and see. Don't go for any high risk investment now

Hi all,

The prices of property are going up, up and up. Wondering it it's a bubble. Might not be wise to purchase now since prices are so high and if it's a bubble, a lot of people will be in trouble.

Already have some people who bought those high end pte properties thinking they can sell and earn big bucks. However some of them did not manage to sell and end up deposit forfeited cos they can't afford.

Any advice on this?

Go for pty whose prices haven't increased as much yet. Eg. old ECs (still selling below developer's prices, and many of these are near MRT stations...but pl. note that these are 99 leasehold pty and will depreciate accordingly) and five rooms/ Execs HDB flats. The execs in my estate (20k cash above valuation) are still selling 40k below 2002 prices. My take on pty is that if you need a place, research and buy what you can afford. Why wait? The bubble can last 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, who knows? Can you afford to wait?What matters is that you get a pty that meet your needs, that you can afford and can stay happily.