Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icer

Property Market Boom Bubble?

At all times (good or bad), buy within budget cos you dun want to default on housing payments.

If I had private ppty, I will definitely sell and then take up HDB. Will have $$$

I will only buy HDB only if I qualify for the CPF Housing Grant.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Enbloc sales --> Reduced supply of rental units --> Rising rents --> Increased demand for investment and residential (tenants who are sick of rising rents buying their own) units --> Rising prices

the property developer which i just bought a unit from has sold 26 out 77 units and they are raising prices by $30k after every unit sold...and there are still people buying!

the property developer which i just bought a unit from has sold 26 out 77 units and they are raising prices by $30k after every unit sold...and there are still people buying!

wow ... pity the buyer of the last unit ! :P

No lor.

Someone just paid over $700K for a 5 room flat at Kim Tian. That should be the record. It should be more than $300K above valuation?

Crazy. At the rate it's going, by the time I am 35, I dun think I can afford a flat liao.

My buyer is paying $55k cash above valuation. He just set a record.

Wow.

You know him? He was recently featured on the newspaper with his new penthouse apartment. You mean that was rented? I know he used to have an apartment in Tanjong Pagar area. Maybe he sold that for profits and rented this new place.

not really. u can sell high during the boom then wait until recession to buy back low. Timing is the essence. But how long we have to wait???? only God knows, even the best economist also dun know :D

some ppl actualy rent a flat instead of buying now , they wanna wait til price low low then buy. one famous example 8| Chen Hanwei!

buyer should wait now, the price is radiculous

Simple law of supply and demand. The fact is that there will be a critical supply shortage of properties over the next 2 to 3 years because:

1. Record breaking number of enbloc sales

2. Influx of foreigners

3. Record breaking number of new properties that will only TOP from 2009.

If you are out to make money, buy a property now and flip it by 2009/2010. If you think the price now is ridiculous, it will be worse over the next 2 years. Case in point - the new inter-terrace that i just bought that no one wanted when it was launched in 2006 has just appreciated in its list price by over 20 per cent since i bought it a month ago.

If you can't wait, get a HDB property before those start to appreciate like crazy. If you can afford private property, don't hesistate as benchmark prices are being set daily and this will continue over the next 2 - 3 years.

Simple law of supply and demand. The fact is that there will be a critical supply shortage of properties over the next 2 to 3 years because:

2. Influx of foreigners

If you are out to make money, buy a property now and flip it by 2009/2010. If you think the price now is ridiculous, it will be worse over the next 2 years. Case in point - the new inter-terrace that i just bought that no one wanted when it was launched in 2006 has just appreciated in its list price by over 20 per cent since i bought it a month ago.

If you can't wait, get a HDB property before those start to appreciate like crazy. If you can afford private property, don't hesistate as benchmark prices are being set daily and this will continue over the next 2 - 3 years.

You have your point, seller wish up and buyer wish down, let observer see what happen, who can guarantee 100% up and down? let wait and see together

What you are saying might be right.

However, there's a risk that the bubble will burst anytime now. Unless you have spare money to take the risk, if not better wait. The prices are so high now that if the bubble burst and the prices goes back to year 2000-2005, a lot of people will cry or go bankrupt.

It is precisely why the prices are going up and up cos many people think the same way as you, which is not wrong also. It's just a risk to take.

2. Influx of foreigners

However, there's a risk that the bubble will burst anytime now. Unless you have spare money to take the risk, if not better wait. The prices are so high now that if the bubble burst and the prices goes back to year 2000-2005, a lot of people will cry or go bankrupt.

It is precisely why the prices are going up and up cos many people think the same way as you, which is not wrong also. It's just a risk to take.

Yes , who know when bubble will burst , It sure will burst but nobody know when

I hope for it to burst soon.

:bangwall:

Yes , who know when bubble will burst , It sure will burst but nobody know when

Yah, and I am waiting for it to burst now so I can buy and for it to boom again in 2009/2010 so I can sell.

Haha :)

Given the recent reports that there will be a lot more supply of properties available, the prices should stabilise or fall now. So, you better sell fast.

Errr.... better for it to burst after I sell, but before I buy. :D

actually only those newly launch private condos at prime district are 'so high' now. The rest like HDB, landed property are still way off the pre 1997 levels. During the last propert bust, the price crash 40%! Now it is only up 20%. So is it a bubble? i say what bubble??? The property price still have a long way to go.

Those record prices are set for district 9,10 penthouses, the rest are not that expensive yet. Nobody can tell the future but by looking at the current situation, with 2x IR, marina finance centre, F1, circle line and even sportshub coming up, those nearby housing will appreciate even more. MM Lee even say Singapore is in a golden period. Property cool down will have to wait