Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
icer

Property Market Boom Bubble?

I buy house to stay not to invest. So even if burst doesn't really affect me. Morale of the story, buy within your needs. If your head is S size den buy S size hat to wear lor.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
There was a property bubble in the late 1990s. It burst and only recovered in the recent run. That's why some were saying it's a 10 years cycle. :dunno:

think the 10-year cycle school of thought is over .. the "cycle" has narrowed down considerably, some saying 7 years and others even 5 years ...

in any market, depending on your buying needs (rent or stay), there are bound to be the odd good-buys ... it's a matter of paying more attention to the papers, having good network of agent contacts .. etc

Yah, if you are quite sure that you will be staying in the place for a long time and that you will not meet a situation that you can't handle your instalments and have to sell off your properties, then it's ok to buy it now. Cos in 10-20 years, definitely the prices will be higher than now so you will not bear any losses.

I buy house to stay not to invest. So even if burst doesn't really affect me. Morale of the story, buy within your needs. If your head is S size den buy S size hat to wear lor.

Yah, if you are quite sure that you will be staying in the place for a long time and that you will not meet a situation that you can't handle your instalments and have to sell off your properties, then it's ok to buy it now. Cos in 10-20 years, definitely the prices will be higher than now so you will not bear any losses.

Tell that to those people who bought at the peak of the last big bubble... prices in general have never touched those heady heights since then...

They shouldn't have bought at that time. They are expecting prices to rise further and they could profit from it so they have to bear the risk.

I only pity those who have no choice but to buy at that time.

Tell that to those people who bought at the peak of the last big bubble... prices in general have never touched those heady heights since then...

They shouldn't have bought at that time. They are expecting prices to rise further and they could profit from it so they have to bear the risk.

I only pity those who have no choice but to buy at that time.

I only envy those that buy the house in the 60's and 70's . Now today price mulitply by 10 times.

But come to think of it, the inflation in those days are high. in my young days i brough a packet of noodles at 50 cents. today is 5 times $2.50 :unsure:

I only envy those that buy the house in the 60's and 70's . Now today price mulitply by 10 times.

But come to think of it, the inflation in those days are high. in my young days i brough a packet of noodles at 50 cents. today is 5 times $2.50 :unsure:

But at that time, professional are paid very well. Professional like engineers, teachers and such. Compare to today salary, deflation?

The prices are already dropping. We just have to hang on for a while more and we can get our ideal place at a good price! :P

I only see high-end property markets drop and COV drop, but nothing more than that.

hdb are usually slow in reacting to the private property prices.

It starts with the high end property market then the rest might follow. Now HDB still got demand as people opt for cheaper alternatives as private properties are too expensive now. Also, buying HDB now will help reduce the loss if the bubble will to burst. It's too huge a risk to buy private properties now.

I only see high-end property markets drop and COV drop, but nothing more than that.

hello!

we just bought a small 2br resale condo.. cos now prices are coming down. in Dec06, bf and i (now husband liao) gave up our chance to buy the premiere (the 1st hdb that has the condo finishing, but outside is 100% hdb? not exec condo) cos at that point, we don't have enough $$ to pay the 20% down payment. at that point, the 5room was around$480k. very expensive.

since then, we spent the next 12 months from dec 06 - dec 07 balloting and never got a queue number ever again.

this year we decided to look at resale cos not eligible to buy hdb anymore. we were so angry with the hdb system, because we were serious buyers but never got a q #. somemore our earnings were catching up, but we don't have enough savings to buy private cos of the large down payment. in the end, just a few weeks ago, we got a resale small condo unit.

i don't know if the prices will continue to do down, or whether it will go up. the most impt thing to us is we must be able to afford the place, and since it's for stay, as long as can hold, wait a few years if can sell then sell. cannot sell then own stay or rent.

now just super glad we finally got a place after 1.5 years of hunting high and low.

Edited by jwn

Good for you.

Many people have the same horrible experience like you. Not enough cash to buy pte then not enough cash to pay for the cash above valuation for resale flats as prices were too high and ridiculous. Then cannot get queue # for new flats.

So, how much did you pay for the 2 bedroom small condo? location?

hello!

we just bought a small 2br resale condo.. cos now prices are coming down. in Dec06, bf and i (now husband liao) gave up our chance to buy the premiere (the 1st hdb that has the condo finishing, but outside is 100% hdb? not exec condo) cos at that point, we don't have enough $$ to pay the 20% down payment. at that point, the 5room was around$480k. very expensive.

since then, we spent the next 12 months from dec 06 - dec 07 balloting and never got a queue number ever again.

this year we decided to look at resale cos not eligible to buy hdb anymore. we were so angry with the hdb system, because we were serious buyers but never got a q #. somemore our earnings were catching up, but we don't have enough savings to buy private cos of the large down payment. in the end, just a few weeks ago, we got a resale small condo unit.

i don't know if the prices will continue to do down, or whether it will go up. the most impt thing to us is we must be able to afford the place, and since it's for stay, as long as can hold, wait a few years if can sell then sell. cannot sell then own stay or rent.

now just super glad we finally got a place after 1.5 years of hunting high and low.