Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
George Yeo

Rebuilding my Semi D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 9/29/2019 at 2:45 PM, George Yeo said:

Having finalised all paper works, chose an auspicious date and demolition begins. 

20190815_161738.jpg

Hi! George, can pm the contact details of your contractor? Thanks!

On 12/6/2020 at 11:48 AM, George Yeo said:

I really like this solid teak wood main door designed by my carpenter. 

Screenshot_20201206_114715.jpg

Very nice George, a large door adds a certain grandeur to the house. Congrats.

On 9/18/2020 at 10:04 PM, snoozee said:

Haha. Guess we both got the Venus white from the same supplier

7D9830EE-1D2A-49C3-A9DA-1B2E93ECBE87.jpeg

Hi, can I check how much would these marble tiles (looks like 60cmx60cm?) cost? Including labour? Also, someone told me marble tiles on ground floor will run into moisture issues (from underground) causing stains. Then why do so many houses do it? Do they use a specific type of marble?

42 minutes ago, Topline said:

Hi, can I check how much would these marble tiles (looks like 60cmx60cm?) cost? Including labour? Also, someone told me marble tiles on ground floor will run into moisture issues (from underground) causing stains. Then why do so many houses do it? Do they use a specific type of marble?

if there is leak from the concrete floor, any flooring material will be damaged regardless of marble, wood or ceramic/porcelain tiles.

most marble are similar. some might be slightly harder but overall they are still consider "soft" compared to granite. why use marble? cos it looks good and makes the house look more "luxurious"? when you are spending a huge sum of money on the house already, the additional marble floor is just a minor extra compared to the overall cost. but marble does need regular care and maintenance else the stone will just stained and get dulled.

I used for marble floor for my house's living room compared to using homogenous tiles as I am concerned that the homogenous tiles would pop after years of usage. tiles will contract and expand with temperature changes and I think this would be a bigger problem for landed house's living room floor which is just separated by a concreate layer from the soil. at least with the weight of the marble tile, chances of tile popping up is reduced greatly compared to homogenous tiles which workers like to lay with very minimal gap when the recommended spacing is between 3mm to 5mm.

in terms of pricing, marble tiles can be at least 5 times more than homogenous tiles depending on what type of marble you decide to use. if you go to the big tile suppliers, 600 x 600 marble tiles can start from about 30psf (after adding sealing and dry laying costs). so a piece of 600 x 600 marble tile could cost about $120. compared to porcelain tile at $3psf which is about $12 for a piece of 600 x 600 tile. laying cost for marble is also slightly higher due to labour cost and you still need to do polishing after laying as well. so your additional cost for marble could be just under $20k compared to homogenous tiles.

12 minutes ago, George Yeo said:

Some updates, unable to move in but the progress is positive, should be thereabout before CNY, hopefully. Wish me luck 

still waiting for TOP? BCA requires all agencies to give clearance before issuing TOP. Also because of COVID-19 situation, BCA doesn't really go down to perform physical inspection. They just get the QP to take a lot of photos and submit to them and do self-declaration. if agencies all cleared and everything submitted to BCA (without issues), should be able to get TOP in about 1 week or so after submission to BCA.

7 hours ago, snoozee said:

still waiting for TOP? BCA requires all agencies to give clearance before issuing TOP. Also because of COVID-19 situation, BCA doesn't really go down to perform physical inspection. They just get the QP to take a lot of photos and submit to them and do self-declaration. if agencies all cleared and everything submitted to BCA (without issues), should be able to get TOP in about 1 week or so after submission to BCA.

Yes, QP has submitted the photographs last week, still no news yet. 

Just now, George Yeo said:

Yes, QP has submitted the photographs last week, still no news yet. 

When my QP submitted for mine previously, we got a reply immediately the next day with written directions. Subsequent submission took more than 1 week as the BCA officer who processed our application had to route it up to the superior for approval for issue of TOP

hope your case is due to waiting for TOP approval hence the no updates. 

9 minutes ago, snoozee said:

When my QP submitted for mine previously, we got a reply immediately the next day with written directions. Subsequent submission took more than 1 week as the BCA officer who processed our application had to route it up to the superior for approval for issue of TOP

hope your case is due to waiting for TOP approval hence the no updates. 

Hopefully no news is good news for my case. Thanks Snoozee 

Hi, 

I think George has became inactive on the chat. If there is a kind soul who has received George s generous sharing on his Main Con/Architect previously, it would be great to share by pm. Thanks in advance!