Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

oh ya! btw did we pay our tv licence at hdb on day of key collection already? i cant remember

i was not billed for the tv licence yet..do i need to inform them to bill me?

:notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
oh ya! btw did we pay our tv licence at hdb on day of key collection already? i cant remember

i was not billed for the tv licence yet..do i need to inform them to bill me?

i donm't think they collected from us.

but i did receive a giro application from IRAS to pay my property tax and tv license viz GIRO.. hope the property tax s pro-rated.. it betta be!!

by the way can u hear your upstairs (or maybe downstairs since no one is living above me currently!!) when they turn on the tap.. its very irritating..

Edited by makemefly

i donm't think they collected from us.

but i did receive a giro application from IRAS to pay my property tax and tv license viz GIRO.. hope the property tax s pro-rated.. it betta be!!

by the way can u hear your upstairs (or maybe downstairs since no one is living above me currently!!) when they turn on the tap.. its very irritating..

ya i also received a giro application from IRAS to ask me to pay those by GIRO..i remembered they will bill the tv licence bill to us

yupp! the sound from the tap is very irritating. it started from my blk..now the noise goes to another blk already..the sound "gronk gronk gronk..tu tu tuu..".

ya i also received a giro application from IRAS to ask me to pay those by GIRO..i remembered they will bill the tv licence bill to us

yupp! the sound from the tap is very irritating. it started from my blk..now the noise goes to another blk already..the sound "gronk gronk gronk..tu tu tuu..".

huh? how come the sound travels around? no one is staying at the unit above me how come there's sound... so spooky..

this place may not be so safe at nite.

the other day i heard teenagers (sound like) making noise nto the night at 12+, just now i heard quarreling sounds in the distance...hmm

Hey Yang Guo,

if i'm not wrong, e sound is due to air in e pipes & some pipes r not fasten properly. :wub:

It wil go off wen more ppl use e water. But i gues it wil takes some time. :wub:

Edited by jaCKY777

huh? how come the sound travels around? no one is staying at the unit above me how come there's sound... so spooky..

the other day i heard teenagers (sound like) making noise nto the night at 12+, just now i heard quarreling sounds in the distance...hmm

ya the sound travelled to another blk already (duno whether is it to another blk or another unit, cos i dont hear it anymore. its another blk/unit)

i can hear the sound from top floor (squee sound..then become loud sound "gronk gronk gronk" at the bottom). every 15mins interval can hear it once. at first i thought pple renovating, thus so loud sound travel from top to bottom floor. but! even at night 10pm+ also can hear...duno how to explain also

anyone hear it also?

Hey makemefly,

dun scare urself with things u cant see. Sound wil travel very far & up s ur precint is stil very empty & e blks r closed 2gether & tall.

wen u do see things- 'strangers', jus gota b extra careful/alert.

Hey Yang Guo,

if i'm not wrong, e sound is due to air in e pipes & some pipes r not fasten properly. !!

It wil go off wen more ppl use e water. But i gues it wil takes some time. :wub:

yaah jack! i guess u r right, thats what i told my wife also.. i even place my ear v near the pipes outside the gas/water room outside our hse. its from the pipe..

we are abt to inform the town council last week. then the noise disappear already at my unit. now becomes another unit/blk

heh u scare me instead..i was typing and hair stand..then i saw jacky's post and reminds me that wat he say is true..

lucky jacky come to rescue :wub: (my hair dont stand already) lol

nope it's M1 i think, it's my hubby's company laptop..

Thanks. hubby already tried to fix it and called starhub but starhub confirmed our blk won't gt internet connection till HDB applies for it!! :notti:

thanks for your well wishes!

sure u can take a look but now it's still messy the place... haha.. have to give another month or so i believe we wll have gotten everything.. almost..

since now we don't even have our shoe cabinet and curtains have been bought but not installed because no more mounting brackets at ikea

we haven't gotten a tv yet! hope we won't face too much problem with reception...

if i don't have a tv i don't need to pay tv license right?

cuz my colleague was saing i can watch tv on the internet.. dunno what tudou.com

Hi Make me fly,

I am afraid that Starhub may give u the wrong information as I have called at least 3 times before I knew what is happening and finally got them to come down and activate the internet.

To be double sure. U can check the availability of cable line using your postal code as below. http://cabletv2.starhub.com/cabling/cabling_search.jsp

yaah jack! i guess u r right, thats what i told my wife also.. i even place my ear v near the pipes outside the gas/water room outside our hse. its from the pipe..

we are abt to inform the town council last week. then the noise disappear already at my unit. now becomes another unit/blk

heh u scare me instead..i was typing and hair stand..then i saw jacky's post and reminds me that wat he say is true..

lucky jacky come to rescue :wub: (my hair dont stand already) lol

Hey Yang Guo,

fyi, i dunoe how 2 ride horse. :wub: !! :curse:

Pardon mi, i frm Woodlands to Toa Payoh, now comes to Jalan Membina. :D

So how's ur TV/DVD player/speakers wiring thingy? Decided which is e best solutions?

yup.. i got the samsung free dvd player as well.. it was the gift frm my samsung fridge.. but then they said no stock.. gave me a waiting list ref no. .... for this.. i forgot to call if the stock has arrived yet.. sigh.. looks like i'm not the only 1 waiting.. :D

I also got the Samsung free dvd player.. coz of my washing machine :D

Also no stock.. have to wait after CNY, thats wat they say :)

sure u can take a look but now it's still messy the place... haha.. have to give another month or so i believe we wll have gotten everything.. almost..

since now we don't even have our shoe cabinet and curtains have been bought but not installed because no more mounting brackets at ikea

we haven't gotten a tv yet! hope we won't face too much problem with reception...

if i don't have a tv i don't need to pay tv license right?

cuz my colleague was saing i can watch tv on the internet.. dunno what tudou.com

Yup, it takes time to settle down and get all the stuffs etc.. I also prob havent got everything yet.. although the house already packed with items :D

The TV so far is greatt for me.. but also nothing much to watch :(

i did mine for $200 (9 round bolts,the better quality one)

The price can negotiate one..he quoted me $225..then i negotiated it to $200. stil v exp leh..

(done by sunny also).

the other non-rounded type was quoted $150 for 9bolts

Oh.. how does the round one looks like?

Not sure mine is the wat type one.. doesnt look round however.. still ex.. but hopefully will hinder any burglars :)

Any pic to show the new bolts? How it look like?

I also got the Samsung free dvd player.. coz of my washing machine :(

Also no stock.. have to wait after CNY, thats wat they say :(

Yup, it takes time to settle down and get all the stuffs etc.. I also prob havent got everything yet.. although the house already packed with items :P

The TV so far is greatt for me.. but also nothing much to watch :P

Oh.. how does the round one looks like?

Not sure mine is the wat type one.. doesnt look round however.. still ex.. but hopefully will hinder any burglars :P

Edited by h4happy

Any pic to show the new bolts? How it look like?

Hi happy,

That time I pasted my new bolts in this thread..

Page 121 :(

But the photos not clear.. maybe will take again :P

Happy CNY to all neighbours..........

Happy CNY to u too :P

And to all neighbours!! :(

Any countdown tonight? :P

:dancingqueen: 新年快乐!to all...祝各位身体健康。。。 :notti: Edited by linggie