Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Thanks Sam for the reply.. Now we are cracking our brains for the a/c layout flow. Anyone has a plan to share with us??

what is the size of ur flat? 4rm/5rm?

for 4rm, I think Xlan's ID did a very good job.. fantastic job I would say, minimizing a lot of trunking.

And am surprised her trunking pipe is pretty small and slim :)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
what is the size of ur flat? 4rm/5rm?

for 4rm, I think Xlan's ID did a very good job.. fantastic job I would say, minimizing a lot of trunking.

And am surprised her trunking pipe is pretty small and slim :(

Hi.... ours is 4 Room... but Xlan's is system 3? We are thinking of system 4. Thus, this is causing a BIG headache to us.. SIGH...

;)

Hi Cindy, thanks for your advice. Any shops to recommend in Sungei Kadut, in terms of service, quality or attractive pricing? As we do not have a car, we have been putting off going there for some time, but definitely we are checking out the place. Sorry, what's and where's "IFC"?

thanks for the updates!

IFC = International Furniture Center

http://www.ifcsingapore.com/

Is it worth getting a invertor aircon? it seems that the different between non invertor and invertor aircon is about more than 1k different.

How much will it save us every month if were to on the master bed room every night, $20 or $30?

If the saving is not huge then getting a non invertor aircon is much practical right?

Please advise.

Yah...depend on usage of individual lifestyle. i chose mit non-invertor sys-3. cost ~$1.9k

Hi Everybody

If you have your quotations on hand, need to check with you guys.

Did your id charge you for chemical wash? Normally is FOC right?

My aunt was charge $180 for chemical wash. I find abit expensive.

HAPPY

I was charge $150 for it. If package price then probably they classified them as FOC, else they will charge. Price may differ if whole house need chem wash anot bah. think laminate floor or parquet wont be needing?

I can sense how eager guys want to collect keys and start renovation soonest.

Its part and parcel of a couple life together. Jalan together, scout together, bargain together (some dont), grumble and sometime quarrel, shake hand and compromise on items to buy. Renovation is one big part of the game, to ensure work done is worth the $ you paid. And constant monitoring is crucial to ensure deliverables are to expectations.

Good planning is a must for requesting of delivery of other ordered items, e.g. electricals, furniture, and etc.

Usually one party (husband or wife) will take charge while the other party do the planning of wedding, if these two events are close to each other. For my case, I did both. No complains but a great sense of satisfaction at the end of the day. Job well done!:( Thumbs up!

My 4 rm is 90sqm at Tanglin Halt. Friends who came to visit us said our 4 rm are quite spacious. Not too sure how the 4rm at Membina looks like. Went to the Toa Payoh blog and some of them said 4rm is as small as 75sqm. Imagining in a studio appt. :notti:

Okie, PM if you need any further advice or discussions. Cheers & Merry Xmas!;)

Hi Skyspectrum,

I'm already married on last year's Dec. This year I am celebrating my first year anniversary. :notti:

We are quite experience in planning our wedding and we did alot of our homework too. For those who's getting marry, feel free to ask.

This period, there are alot of promotion on electronic products. I am not sure whether i sld book it now at those major stores or buy it from those neighbourhood store which cld b much cheaper.

Congrat SKYSHEEP!:(

I think I better check my mail box......

Hi SKYSHEEP,

Finally I saw another person in blk 26B collecting the keys. Congrats to you!;)

Yes :thumbs up: Finally got my keys collection date after a long long wait......it will be on the 5th of Jan. :P

congrats! :dunno: finally... you got the date! you can change your appt if any available before 5 jan.

Yes :dunno: Finally got my keys collection date after a long long wait......it will be on the 5th of Jan. :thumbs up:

Update,

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11 - jas@sandy

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas (Keys Collection - 3 Jan 08) - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep (Keys Collection - 5 Jan 08)

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Year-End/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo (24/12/07 Morning/U-Home) - rommie (Collecting on 24/12/2007 Morning) - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs (collected / pending cement screed) - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected / Baroque) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected) - kittyng (Collected / Still sourcing) - dneo (Collected / Still sourcing)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (end Dec, shortlisting for ID) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador (Collected/Contractor) - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected, Samleong Design Pte Ltd, to start on 02/01/08) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear(Collected/ Homeworkz)

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

Hi Skysheep,

Can i check with you, did you re-submit your payslip in order to re apply for the HLE?

Thanks!

Hi Cindy, thanks for your advice. Any shops to recommend in Sungei Kadut, in terms of service, quality or attractive pricing? As we do not have a car, we have been putting off going there for some time, but definitely we are checking out the place. Sorry, what's and where's "IFC"?

thanks for the updates!

Hi,

I went to a few places today.

Holland Village Lim's Art & Craft - Each bamboo of 2m long cost $25. Hence, hb decide not to buy it since he needs 5 pcs.

I notice that the 2 seater sofas cost $1290 and $1950. If these are regular price, you can get 20% off using DBS credit card.

We have purchased 1 meter long bamboo (Natural colour) at $4 each from a shop at holland Village. hehe! A very good bargain.

I went to U-Nik at IFC. PIC is Richard. Their furnitures are cheap but it takes a longer time as the factory is in Indonesia. My king size bed frame is custom made so it took a longer time to reach Singapore. Some furnitures will be deliver on next week so if you are interested, I can invite you over once my home is fit for viewing.

Plus Pt - If you have the budget, please go for the bamboo curtains. It really really looks pretty for resort style theme. I have cancel it out from my list due to $$$$$$$$.

Hello Cindy

Sms me...I want to see and hopefully your kitchen cabinet is fully installed. That will be even better too.

Happy

Hi,

Holland Village Lim's Art & Craft - Each bamboo of 2m long cost $25. Hence, hb decide not to buy it since he needs 5 pcs.

I notice that the 2 seater sofas cost $1290 and $1950. If these are regular price, you can get 20% off using DBS credit card.

We have purchased 1 meter long bamboo (Natural colour) at $4 each from a shop at holland Village. hehe! A very good bargain.

I went to U-Nik at IFC. PIC is Richard. Their furnitures are cheap but it takes a longer time as the factory is in Indonesia. My king size bed frame is custom made so it took a longer time to reach Singapore. Some furnitures will be deliver on next week so if you are interested, I can invite you over once my home is fit for viewing.

Plus Pt - If you have the budget, please go for the bamboo curtains. It really really looks pretty for resort style theme. I have cancel it out from my list due to $$$$$$$$.

Hi,

calling out once again to those citygas heater user who has installed rainshower...

i wrote sometime ago re citygas saying 5L free heater cannot support rainshower. But when i went back to HoeKee today, the sales person say 5L heater oso can support leh.. Just that the hot water flow may not be as consistent + more gas to heat up continuous flow, so mayb gas more xpensive.

So, anybody using rainshower + citygas heater now? Like to hear some advice please. Thanks.

Hi,

Sounds like you have something coming up real soon! :sport-smiley-004:

What are you going to do with the bamboo, as decoration or you are going to make something out of it? (both you ahdn your hubby sound like very hands-on people from the tim you were saying how you assembled a cabinet till 1 am).

If you are going for the balinese style, it means you also don't have l-box/ false ceiling in your house right?

We just spent half a day at our place yesterday as it now begins to look like home more with the flooring don up and cleaned, lights fixed up and walls painted.

Hi Skysheep,

Can i check with you, did you re-submit your payslip in order to re apply for the HLE?

Thanks!

Yah man...I did, so mafan, they want my payslips for 1 whole year...

Hey Dorcas and Nemofc, Thanks!! So happy the date have been fixed, will start my reno soon!

Yah man...I did, so mafan, they want my payslips for 1 whole year...

Hey Dorcas and Nemofc, Thanks!! So happy the date have been fixed, will start my reno soon!

we just re-applied too, we were told to submit last 3 months of salary only...

enjoy your reno!

merry christmas to all! hohoho :sport-smiley-004: