Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Hi all,

Is the XMas tour tomorrow still on? :sport-smiley-004:

Later will be going down to my flat.. meeting the ID there too..

Maybe can see some of u if u r there :sport-smiley-004:

:sport-smiley-004:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Plus Pt - If you have the budget, please go for the bamboo curtains. It really really looks pretty for resort style theme. I have cancel it out from my list due to $$$$$$$$.

Hi Cindy, can check with you where u found the bamboo curtains, like to get some for the hse.

Hi,

calling out once again to those citygas heater user who has installed rainshower...

i wrote sometime ago re citygas saying 5L free heater cannot support rainshower. But when i went back to HoeKee today, the sales person say 5L heater oso can support leh.. Just that the hot water flow may not be as consistent + more gas to heat up continuous flow, so mayb gas more xpensive.

So, anybody using rainshower + citygas heater now? Like to hear some advice please. Thanks.

i went to get the cloth dryer and same time check on the gas heater. One of citigas staff told us that the free heater can support rain shower cos our toilet is back-to-back. If 1 person showering, should be no problem. Two or more using the water supply, pressure will drop.

He also told us that they will be launching a 8litres version of the heater, sometime in mid-2008. However this will not replace the 5litres version and users will have to purchase it.

Just want to say this to all future neighbours....

Merry Christmas and May You Find Peace, Harmony, Prosperity and Happiness in the New Year :sport-smiley-004:

Meanwhile for those who are renovating, wish that everything will go smoothly. For those moving in, wish that you will like your new place. And for those still waiting (like me), wish that you will get your keys soon.

Sounds like you have something coming up real soon! :sport-smiley-004:

What are you going to do with the bamboo, as decoration or you are going to make something out of it? (both you ahdn your hubby sound like very hands-on people from the tim you were saying how you assembled a cabinet till 1 am).

If you are going for the balinese style, it means you also don't have l-box/ false ceiling in your house right?

We just spent half a day at our place yesterday as it now begins to look like home more with the flooring don up and cleaned, lights fixed up and walls painted.

We have l-box and false ceiling to create the cosy feel and clubbing feel. hehe! next time, I can drink wine at my home. Actually, I find it quite weird to have the clubbing feel but it is up to my hubby to design it.

No other carpentary work except for the kitchen cabinet + MBR BIW because it would generally destroyed the resort style concept.

We are not hands-on people lah. It just take we burst our budget so now can only DIY. Still gotta touch up my cabinet with white paint. :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Cindy, can check with you where u found the bamboo curtains, like to get some for the hse.

i went to get the cloth dryer and same time check on the gas heater. One of citigas staff told us that the free heater can support rain shower cos our toilet is back-to-back. If 1 person showering, should be no problem. Two or more using the water supply, pressure will drop.

He also told us that they will be launching a 8litres version of the heater, sometime in mid-2008. However this will not replace the 5litres version and users will have to purchase it.

wah.. re-purchase another one? :sport-smiley-004:

Dunno if they can provide a trade-in or not... just like handphones.. :sport-smiley-004:

This is a piece of good news. I'll be installing rain shower but comtemplating whether the Citigas gas heater is sufficient to power the rain shower. Could any kind neighbours who has already installed rain shower confirm that the water pressure is bearable.

Paiseh! Not really bamboo curtain. it is wood curtain. Each bamboo cost between $4 to $25. A set of bamboo curtain would cost $XXX. This shop also sells a lot of ballinese product and bamboo stick but I dunno how o go there. :sport-smiley-004: < www.dhotshop.com >

Hi.... ours is 4 Room... but Xlan's is system 3? We are thinking of system 4. Thus, this is causing a BIG headache to us.. SIGH...

:sport-smiley-004:

mine is a 85sqm 4rm.. yes.. mine jus a sys3 for the 3 bedrooms only.. living area no need.. cos my unit is windy in the day time if i open all windows in kitchen n living room.. only during the night time.. wind come from "the back" meaning only kitchen windows n aircon ledge windows got the wind.. so a standing fan in the living room should b enough when evening time..

hi neighbours.. i hv gathered a list of electrical shops some time back.. feel like sharing it here with u all.. if anyone has any experience with any shop(s) listed here.. pls do share your experience with us too.. be it nice or bad experience.. thank you and a merriest christmas to all..

shops:

=====================================================================

1) Dav Electronics

21 Lor Kilat #01-02 Sun Ct Singapore 598123 (next to bukit timah SC)

Tel : 6467 7767

Fax : 6467 7207

2) Kong Tai Electrical Trading

504 Jurong West St 51 #01-221

Tel: 65658924

3) Universal Union

http://www.universalunion.com.sg

710 Geylang Road (next to Lor 44)

Singapore 389625

TEL:

(65) 6749 0007

(65) 6743 3852

FAX:

(65) 6746 8849

EMAIL: sales@universalunion.com.sg

4) Everjoint (ang mo kio)

http://www.everjoint.com.sg

Block 159, Ang Mo Kio Ave 4, #01-534, Singapore 560159.

Tel : 64589569 / 64582531 / 64582578 Fax: 64562335

Email: everjoint@pacific.net.sg

BUSINESS HOURS:

Monday to Saturday - 9 am to 8 pm

Public Holiday - 9 am to 6pm

Close on Sunday

5) GENOVA INDUSTRIES PTE LTD

http://www.genova.com.sg

58 Bendemeer Road

Singapore 339937

Tel : (65) 6299 0222 (5 Lines)

Fax : (65) 6296 4831

Email: genova@singnet.com.sg

6) Poh Joo Hardware

http://www.pohjoo.com/contacts.html

a)Address : 125, Rangoon Road, Singapore 218403

Tel: 6296 7178

Fax: 6295 0771

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:00 a.m - 6:00 p.m

b) Address :159, Jalan Besar, Singapore 208875.

(Opp. Jalan Berseh Hawker Center)

Tel: 6398 0588

Fax: 6398 1689

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m

c) Address :389/391, Jalan Besar, Singapore 209004.(Opp. Lavender Food Square)

Tel: 6292 3388

Fax: 6299 0690

Operating hours :

Mon - Sat : 8:30 a.m - 6:00 p.m

Sun : 11:00 a.m - 5:00 p.m

7) Goh Ah Bee (kovan city, near kovan mrt)

Blk 210 # 01-247,Hougang Street 21

6288 8611

note: pls call for shop opening hrs. i know they are not open on sunday. this shop has been around for many many years so definitely they are sincere retailers (heard from old uncles).

8) Hoe Kee Hardware

http://www.hoekee.com

no. 8 genting lane - more stock and variety there but its closed on sunday, sat its open till 6pm

a) HEAD OFFICE

No. 8 Genting Road S(349472)

Tel: 6296 6827 Fax: 6296 1911

Closed on Sundays and Public Holidays

(9 AM - 6 PM)

b) New World Centre (Next to Macdonalds)

No. 1 Jalan Berseh #01-07 to #01-11

Tel: 6392 9909

Closed on Tuesdays (10 AM - 7 PM)

c) IMM Building

No. 2 Jurong East St 21 L3-26

Tel: 6563 5088

OPEN DAILY (11 AM - 9 PM)

d) Tanjong Katong Complex

No. 845 Geylang Road #01-38

Tel: 6745 7055

OPEN DAILY (12 PM - 9 PM)

e) Plaza Singapura

No. 68 Orchard Road #04-03A

Tel: 6238 8729

OPEN DAILY (11 AM - 9 PM)

9) BUAN SENG HUAT ELECTRICAL & GAS DEALER

Blk 205, Bedok North St 1, #01-391

6443 8010

10) ETRONIN ELECTROMART

Blk 510, Bedok North Ave 2, #01-51

6444 7325

11) Lucky Store at Transit Road : 64560788

12) Chin Leong & Co at 664 Geylang Rd: 67443053

13) Euromark Electronics

Blk 278 Bt Batok East Ave 3 #01-363 Singapore 650278 (Got 4 outlets)

Tel: 6563 2308 (Jaclyn)

14) Parisilk at Holland V: 6466 6002

15) Ban Kim Chuan Enterprise Pte Ltd

a) Blk 59 New Upper Changi Road

#01-1282

Singapore 461059

Tel : 6 443 0594

b) Blk 258 Pasir Ris Street 21

#02-329

Singapore 510258

Tel : 6 585 3733

16) Mega Discount Store Pte Ltd

112 East Coast Road

#B1-03 / 11 Katong Mall

Singapore 428802

Tel : 6 348 7998

17) Audio House

ADDRESS :177 River Valley Road #01-50/51,

Liang Court Shopping Centre Singapore 179030.

TEL:6336 7177

FAX:6338 7277

EMAIL: audiohouse@audiohouse.com.sg

18) Woodland Domestics (ask for Albert)

Tel: 67788980

=====================================================================

hi neighbours.. i hv gathered a list of electrical shops some time back.. feel like sharing it here with u all.. if anyone has any experience with any shop(s) listed here.. pls do share your experience with us too.. be it nice or bad experience.. thank you and a merriest christmas to all..

good service. pretty affordable sanitary ware. but wc is made in china. if you dun mind then it's ok. they have sale every often.

good service and reasonable price. bought a karcher steam cleaner SC1122 at $300 recently. btw there are 3 branches, one more in sembawang and the other in bedok.

Edited by crazycar

Thanks for the recommendation. Just a quick question...when we're collecting the keys rite, the 3mth conservancy charges start from the day we pay is it? Cos according to the tow ncouncil website, these are deducted on the 1st of every mth. Does that mean that ppl who collect in the later part of the mths are disadvantaged? Also, if the renovations are long..and we cant stay there...den we're gonna waste the conservancy charges eh?

good service. pretty affordable sanitary ware. but wc is made in china. if you dun mind then it's ok. they have sale every often.

good service and reasonable price. bought a karcher steam cleaner SC1122 at $300 recently. btw there are 3 branches, one more in sembawang and the other in bedok.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYBODY AND MAY YOUR RENO IS IN GOOD PROGRESS!

CHEERS EVERYONE!:)

Dear All,

Merry Christmas

&

Happy New Year

:dancingqueen: !!

Edited by h4happy

ermm... i actually means 23rd dec... but 30dec also can... we can try to make it for the 25dec one if its not too late cos we got to attend a wedding dinner at nite.. :)

X'Mas Tour (25 Dec)

1. nemofc - PM

2. OnePostWonder - After 3pm

3. Happy - Anytime.

4. Simpleboi - Anytime

5. Jasch - before 4.30pm

--------

hi ALL,

is the tour still on tomorrow? i'm interested.