Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

hey saeran, sys 4 bo pian one, trunking is visible, only whether u want it to b on which side of the wall, actually if u install the aircon on the wall betwn living rm and BR 3, still ok mah... them it connect out from BR 3. I can't coz i hacked the wall... so, my trunking runs from the living rm thru foyer... ugly!

:(

Thanks Sam for the reply.. Now we are cracking our brains for the a/c layout flow. Anyone has a plan to share with us??

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
This is a listing which I found in one of the thread in renotalk, for your reference.

· The Shophouse, 22 Lock Rd, Gillman Village www.theshophouse.com

· Scanteak, 60 Sungei Kadut

· Mirage Fineteak, 8 Lock Rd, Gillman Village

· Ethnic Homes, 802 Upper Serangoon Road

· Teakland Gallery, 20 Upper Serangoon Road

· Goodfurn, 170 Upper Bukit Timah Road Tel:6467-5976, www.goodfurn.com.sg

· Helping Hand, 819 Upper Serangoon Road

· The Home Merchant, 11 Changi South Lane, #01-01, Seng Soon Industrial Building, Tel:6546-2378, www.thehomemerchant.com

· Colonial Antiques, 28 Lor Ampas

· Pasaraya Gallery, Kewalram House, 8 Jalan Kilang Timopr #01-01

· Marquez, Pasir Panjang Road (opposite PSA/NOL Building) Tel: 6289 9379, www.marquezliving.com

· Ethnic Woods, #04-08 Paragon Tel:6737-3440

· John Erdos Gallery, 83 Kim Yam Road Tel:6733-5100

· The Rainforest Resort Living, 6 Jalan Ampas, #01-04 Tel 6338-9788

· Country Haven at 452 upper bukit timah road(The rail mall) Tel 67643904

· Changi village antique's at Katong mall http://cva.com.sg/

· Pagoda Teak Furniture, Geylang Tel:6272-5767

· Vintage Palace Pte Ltd, Blk 7 #01/03 Dempsey Road, Tel: 64792181

· Teak Villa, 5 Upper Aljunied Link #01-05, S367903, Tel: 62844556

· Frangipani Homes, 177 River Valley Road, #01-19, #02-26/31, #02-38/40 Liang Court, Tel: 64819182

· Silver River, 5 Little Road #B1-01/04 & 06 Cemtex Industrial Building

· Lim’s Art & Living, Holland Village

· Nature Company, Thomson Rd, Behind Far East Florist (Platform Bed)

· Sister’s Dream, Simpang Bedok

For rattan/bamboo, can try rattan pacific at IMM (tink at lv2)

wow. that's alot ...

could someone advise the cost of a Mitsubishi aircon non & inverter cost? cos' i was given a free Mitsubishi aircon but Non-inverter and likely top up to inverter. Just wonder if it will be a big price different.

could someone advise the cost of a Mitsubishi aircon non & inverter cost? cos' i was given a free Mitsubishi aircon but Non-inverter and likely top up to inverter. Just wonder if it will be a big price different.

Hi Neighbours,

Any idea where I can get storage KING size bed frame? I like the Sea Horse set but it is only in Queen size.

Very small house so every bit of storage space is important. :(

This is a listing which I found in one of the thread in renotalk, for your reference.

· The Shophouse, 22 Lock Rd, Gillman Village www.theshophouse.com

· Scanteak, 60 Sungei Kadut

· Mirage Fineteak, 8 Lock Rd, Gillman Village

· Ethnic Homes, 802 Upper Serangoon Road

· Teakland Gallery, 20 Upper Serangoon Road

· Goodfurn, 170 Upper Bukit Timah Road Tel:6467-5976, www.goodfurn.com.sg

· Helping Hand, 819 Upper Serangoon Road

· The Home Merchant, 11 Changi South Lane, #01-01, Seng Soon Industrial Building, Tel:6546-2378, www.thehomemerchant.com

· Colonial Antiques, 28 Lor Ampas

· Pasaraya Gallery, Kewalram House, 8 Jalan Kilang Timopr #01-01

· Marquez, Pasir Panjang Road (opposite PSA/NOL Building) Tel: 6289 9379, www.marquezliving.com

· Ethnic Woods, #04-08 Paragon Tel:6737-3440

· John Erdos Gallery, 83 Kim Yam Road Tel:6733-5100

· The Rainforest Resort Living, 6 Jalan Ampas, #01-04 Tel 6338-9788

· Country Haven at 452 upper bukit timah road(The rail mall) Tel 67643904

· Changi village antique's at Katong mall http://cva.com.sg/

· Pagoda Teak Furniture, Geylang Tel:6272-5767

· Vintage Palace Pte Ltd, Blk 7 #01/03 Dempsey Road, Tel: 64792181

· Teak Villa, 5 Upper Aljunied Link #01-05, S367903, Tel: 62844556

· Frangipani Homes, 177 River Valley Road, #01-19, #02-26/31, #02-38/40 Liang Court, Tel: 64819182

· Silver River, 5 Little Road #B1-01/04 & 06 Cemtex Industrial Building

· Lim’s Art & Living, Holland Village

· Nature Company, Thomson Rd, Behind Far East Florist (Platform Bed)

· Sister’s Dream, Simpang Bedok

For rattan/bamboo, can try rattan pacific at IMM (tink at lv2)

Thanks. I went to Scanteak the other day, the furniture there is GORGEOUS, totally fits the style that my husband and i love. Unfortunately it did not fit our wallets. Hmm... Lim's would be quite expensive since it is mainly ang moh prices. If I had gotten my hanging lights at Lim's or even Balestier, i would not have been able to afford them.

Below is so the style that my hubby and i love. The other day i went o Tradehub (many furniture stores there) and asked for rattan furniture. The guy looked a bit surprised and told me not many people looking for rattan, mostly only ang mohs... we are not ang moh what.. :-(

villa2saitaan08.jpg

villalumiere09.jpg

does anyone have any advice pertaining to where we can get rattan/teak/bamboo furniture pieces at good value? kreigs, which of the shops you have mentioned would be worth going to in terms of pricing?

Edited by makemefly

Hi Everybody

If you have your quotations on hand, need to check with you guys.

Did your id charge you for chemical wash? Normally is FOC right?

My aunt was charge $180 for chemical wash. I find abit expensive.

HAPPY

Hi Everybody

If you have your quotations on hand, need to check with you guys.

Did your id charge you for chemical wash? Normally is FOC right?

My aunt was charge $180 for chemical wash. I find abit expensive.

HAPPY

Yup, I was charged for chemical wash..

Was charged $200 for chemical wash.. : (

Thanks. I went to Scanteak the other day, the furniture there is GORGEOUS, totally fits the style that my husband and i love. Unfortunately it did not fit our wallets. Hmm... Lim's would be quite expensive since it is mainly ang moh prices. If I had gotten my hanging lights at Lim's or even Balestier, i would not have been able to afford them.

Below is so the style that my hubby and i love. The other day i went o Tradehub (many furniture stores there) and asked for rattan furniture. The guy looked a bit surprised and told me not many people looking for rattan, mostly only ang mohs... we are not ang moh what.. :-(

villa2saitaan08.jpg

villalumiere09.jpg

does anyone have any advice pertaining to where we can get rattan/teak/bamboo furniture pieces at good value? kreigs, which of the shops you have mentioned would be worth going to in terms of pricing?

Hi make me fly,

I think you can still purchase resort style furnitures if you know where to get it and looks for lots of discount during sale. For example, I got something from Lims at 20% using DBS credit card. Even Scanteck has discount for 'dunno what credit card'

You can just strike out Demsepy Hill for your furniture as the prices are higher than Lims. Even the deco from Demsepy cost $XXXX. Natural Living has some speical price for some item at GWC. The sale person even gave me a free vase for my purchase of sofa. If you are int., you can look for Siti.

For cheaper alternatives, I suggest you get resort style furnitures from Sungai Kadut. I got my 7 pcs furnitures from there at a low low price due to the opening of IFC.

Cheers,

From a resort/asian style theme fanatic.

Hi make me fly,

I think you can still purchase resort style furnitures if you know where to get it and looks for lots of discount during sale. For example, I got something from Lims at 20% using DBS credit card. Even Scanteck has discount for 'dunno what credit card'

You can just strike out Demsepy Hill for your furniture as the prices are higher than Lims. Even the deco from Demsepy cost $XXXX. Natural Living has some speical price for some item at GWC. The sale person even gave me a free vase for my purchase of sofa. If you are int., you can look for Siti.

For cheaper alternatives, I suggest you get resort style furnitures from Sungai Kadut. I got my 7 pcs furnitures from there at a low low price due to the opening of IFC.

Cheers,

Hi All, have anyone of you been to JB to source for furnitures? I went up north yesterday to source for furnitures, apparently prices quite reasonable and the designs quite decent. The wood they use for furnitures are very solid and heavy leh, looks durable leh.

If anyone of you neighbours have any "lobang" in M'sia, can pls PM me the address and name. Thanks.

anyone brought st louis sofa? HB saw one sofa and like it alot. checked forums and this shop has many bad reviews... :) .the lady who served us seems pretty good (as in explaining to us the function of the sofa and the choices of many colors available)..

any review?

nemofc, i brought aircon from allbest at 3558 for mit system 4 inverter. nt sure hw much is none inverter wilbe.

Yes :) Finally got my keys collection date after a long long wait......it will be on the 5th of Jan. :notti:

Update,

BLK 25A

- redbottle (Collected) - loobhlinda (Collected) - pert (Collected) - scorpy (Collected) - gadgetgal (Collected, Impress21,0% progress, HDB to Cement Screed) - elflinks

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK - MsBean - h4happy (No news) - marksng12 - Dtkiddy & yun11 - jas@sandy

BLK 26A

- crazycar & lovey

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar - noellechua - lynnnie - dorcas (Keys Collection - 3 Jan 08) - Vacis + moonbell - owens_avenue & genevie - skysheep (Keys Collection - 5 Jan 08)

BLK 26C

- elaine1205[ collected, sourcing for renovation contractor] - ZLia (Collected/sourcing for ID still) - Cindy Monkeybone(Collected/Classic Design) - chewy (Collected /I-Bridge-Rhiss) - kitseng(collected) - xiao xiin (Collected) - garbagex (Collected / A&D)

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder (Year-End/G'Plan) - jj2 (Collected) - Princess Momo (24/12/07 Morning/U-Home) - rommie (Collecting on 24/12/2007 Morning) - binzz (Collected / *****) - kriegs (collected / pending cement screed) - wonsen - Velynn - Simpleboi (collected / Baroque) - jazznpop (collected) - Peng*Ling (collected) - Vitamin C - draught (Collected) - prodigic (Collected/Frontier Concept) - Vicin (collected / I-Bridge) - 9up and Fly "Wifey" mama (Collected) - kittyng (Collected / Still sourcing) - dneo (Collected / Still sourcing)

BLK 27A

- xlan (Collected / HomeGuide) - nemofc (end Dec, shortlisting for ID) - bchew - Yang Guo (Collected / Baroque) - Seafaith - chaq - Jasch (collected,Earnest Design) - glaminn (Collected) - dashe - saeran - almatador (Collected/Contractor) - sparey - osjusti - nitehwk (Collected, Samleong Design Pte Ltd, to start on 02/01/08) - Sam07 (Collected/HomeWorkz) - fat bear(Collected/ Homeworkz)

BLK 27B

- VinceDelfino (Collected) - Beejoy (Collected, Gim Wee Renovator)

yes, a few shops listed are quite EX in their prices. A few shops i like for their service and pricing are

1) Pagoda Teak Furniture (found the new add:No 59 Lorong 23 Geylang)

2) Pasaraya Gallery (they moved to Turf City)

3) Rattan Pacific (one in IMM among Zen, V.hive, etc and another at KaKi Bukit inside Enterprise One

4) Ecolinks at park mall

Of course compare with a few shop before comitting. Always ask if the prices includes GST and delivery :)

Is it worth getting a invertor aircon? it seems that the different between non invertor and invertor aircon is about more than 1k different.

How much will it save us every month if were to on the master bed room every night, $20 or $30?

If the saving is not huge then getting a non invertor aircon is much practical right?

Please advise.

Yes :) Finally got my keys collection date after a long long wait......it will be on the 5th of Jan. :P

Update,

Congrat SKYSHEEP!:notti:

I think I better check my mail box......

Hi make me fly,

Cheers,

Hi Cindy, thanks for your advice. Any shops to recommend in Sungei Kadut, in terms of service, quality or attractive pricing? As we do not have a car, we have been putting off going there for some time, but definitely we are checking out the place. Sorry, what's and where's "IFC"?

yes, a few shops listed are quite EX in their prices. A few shops i like for their service and pricing are

1) Pagoda Teak Furniture (found the new add:No 59 Lorong 23 Geylang)

2) Pasaraya Gallery (they moved to Turf City)

3) Rattan Pacific (one in IMM among Zen, V.hive, etc and another at KaKi Bukit inside Enterprise One

4) Ecolinks at park mall

Of course compare with a few shop before comitting. Always ask if the prices includes GST and delivery :)

thanks for the updates!