Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
OnePostWonder

Newbies @ Jalan Membina

Haha enjoy your shopping..but dun like me happily happily buy buy....now spent beyond budget :rofl:

haha, i also bought a few things liaox, and also overbudget already... initially wanted to spend less than $500 for washing machine, in the end spent $800 to buy the upgraded model + extended warranty... :sport-smiley-004:

yesterday went sim siang choon at Changi... saw a nice deep rectangular kitchen sink $400... my budget for sink is less than $200... dun know whether to buy this one or the cheaper roundish type (only $100)... :deal:

haiz... it's so easy to over-spend... must really know how to draw the line between what i need and what i want... but easier said than done... :P

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
hope the window is tinted glass.......................

hey bean.. no worries la.. i'm sure all blocks n units getting the same dark tinted windows.. but inside hv the grills installed.. which is a real spoiler.. 8|

i tink i mentioned b4 in tis thread.. the west facing units hv a more protruding "shelter" abv ur windows.. i supposed that works like the way of a baseball cap... ;)

haha, i also bought a few things liaox, and also overbudget already... initially wanted to spend less than $500 for washing machine, in the end spent $800 to buy the upgraded model + extended warranty... :deal:

yesterday went sim siang choon at Changi... saw a nice deep rectangular kitchen sink $400... my budget for sink is less than $200... dun know whether to buy this one or the cheaper roundish type (only $100)... :rofl:

haiz... it's so easy to over-spend... must really know how to draw the line between what i need and what i want... but easier said than done... ;)

:D ya i know.. i read ur blog.. the fact tat u actually already bought ur lights.. to me already very 夸张 .. cos seriously i cannot b sure how big exactly our units gonna be.. floor plan usually tends to be "off" a lil here n there.. and really hv to view the unit to see where n how much of the natural lights coming in.. then can decide where n how many lights are needed... so i was quite amazed u actually bought so many lights already..

for the sink tat u mention.. i was initially LOVE the square ones with sharp 90deg corners.. looks super sleek n contemporary.. but after much consideration.. my concern is that.. when we tried to simulate the usual way we work in the kitchen.. actions like washing the sinks n stuffs.. we realised the 90deg corners is very hard to clean.. n sure tend to leave residues n marks as time goes on.. esp we cook often.. n so realised the rounded corners r invented for a reason.. smart design i gotta admit.. :sport-smiley-004:

the needs & wants really not hard to differentiate n list out la.. jus a matter of principle n ur real spending power tat determine if u can follow strictly.. for me.. i struggle quite some time to differentiate n list them out.. thou i hv not much principle.. hahahaa.. 8| i hv real tight financial budget tat refrain me frm over-spending.. :P

bean, found tat pic i posted quite long ago.. see that "baseball cap" of ur window?

shelterih2.jpg

bean, found tat pic i posted quite long ago.. see that "baseball cap" of ur window?

nice xlan , ok I Monday drive pass will take a look , heehee everyday Mon to friday I monitor of the flat progress as this near my office

I just get the updated news from HDB wedsite as below :-

Status of Application

Status The Probable Completion Date of your new flat is 4Q/2007. HDB will invite you to take possession of the flat when the construction of the flat is completed.

bean

Edited by msbean

yes of cos, dorcas! haha.. u know i was attracted by HG's showroom as well as the portfolio on their webby.. also wat i wanted loh.. n there're quite a few others posted their 3D drawings somewhere... frm HG designers too.. quite nice.. jus tis morning i saw 1 in sgbrides.. not bad as well.. scroll down n look for the a nick "Sunshine"..

n erm.. yes.. i did regret for once.. but since i paid deposit.. will not tink too much abt it liao.. but i always check out their designs in the showroom at IMM.. n to make sure the shop still ard.. hahaa.. actually tat time when i decide.. part of the reason cos i called 1 of my gf n found out her sofa set was frm them too.. n quality n comfort level everything is to my satisfactory level... in fact i quite like my gf's set ma.. n asked her abt the boss (the same guy tat attended us) service n delivery wise.. she was satisfied too.. so tat time v confidently signed with them loh.. hahaa.. nvm la.. s long s i know wat i want.. shld b ok la.. ;)

haha.. redbottle.. sorry if i confused u with my needs & wants list... those r tings in my mind only.. hvn't make the purchase yet.. i only bought the big items.. total amt >3k i shld say ard 4k la actually.. cos only those will hv more impact on the 2% GST tat i wanted to avoid.. tings <3k anything much less than tat... the 2% i m willing to let go.. cos not worth the risk in getting the wrong item..

8| ... yes.. nic.. i bet any1 will behave like me after living in a 疯人院 env for more than 10yrs.. :D

yeah man.. i'm also waiting to shop with my ID.. hahaha.. :bangwall:

Hi Xlan,

It's very sleek cleancut for Sunshine's theme. What is your theme then? Tot of it? I can't wait to meet them tonight to get their proposal.

I hope everything goes well with the FC too. Anyway, talk to the sales guy a few times..so sld be quite safe so far.

Hi Xlan,

It's very sleek cleancut for Sunshine's theme. What is your theme then? Tot of it? I can't wait to meet them tonight to get their proposal.

I hope everything goes well with the FC too. Anyway, talk to the sales guy a few times..so sld be quite safe so far.

yes, i always wanted modern contemporary look.. sleek n cleancut.. i talked to barang barang b4.. the designer always refer my idea as Manhattan style.. which i dun mind as well.. hee.. anyway.. tings i wanted is all simple clean look.. easy to maintain.. tats all.. but i like clever designs/mechanism... best if can achieve outside look simple.. yet 内有乾坤.. hahaa.. bf cannot tahan me.. he always said i'm v demanding n dunno wat i want.. actually.. he is the one don't understand wat i want.. :dancingqueen:

actually was initially attracted by 1 of HG's portfolio 3D drawing.. (see my archived entry)

Edited by xlan

yes, i always wanted modern contemporary look.. sleek n cleancut.. i talked to barang barang b4.. the designer always refer my idea as Manhattan style.. which i dun mind as well.. hee.. anyway.. tings i wanted is all simple clean look.. easy to maintain.. tats all.. but i like clever designs/mechanism... best if can achieve outside look simple.. yet 内有乾坤.. hahaa.. bf cannot tahan me.. he always said i'm v demanding n dunno wat i want.. actually.. he is the one don't understand wat i want.. :sport-smiley-004:

actually was initially attracted by 1 of HG's portfolio 3D drawing.. (see my archived entry)

Hi Xlan,

Yups it is very nice, very sleek :dancingqueen: my bf and I decided on chinese contemporary but i guess that will be brought out by our furnitures and accessories, not so much on the decor of the flat.

We have not seen any IDs, only gave my house plan to my friend cum my ID. You guys heard of classic kitchen? My cousin's flat was recently renovated by them, I havent had the chance to take pictures, very nicely done, all their built-in is with blum cabinets but it comes at a price of course.

yes, i always wanted modern contemporary look.. sleek n cleancut.. i talked to barang barang b4.. the designer always refer my idea as Manhattan style.. which i dun mind as well.. hee.. anyway.. tings i wanted is all simple clean look.. easy to maintain.. tats all.. but i like clever designs/mechanism... best if can achieve outside look simple.. yet 内有乾坤.. hahaa.. bf cannot tahan me.. he always said i'm v demanding n dunno wat i want.. actually.. he is the one don't understand wat i want.. :sport-smiley-004:

hi xlan,

u looking for a black color ceiling fan??

i saw one model from Crestar, 56", not totally black but dark bronze color ("gun metal" color)... maybe can go 3T Lighting along Jalan Besar to take a look... or Chan Huat also have, along Balestier... fan w remote control is about $300-350... but definitely can bargain until $300 or lower... :dancingqueen:

Edited by redbottle

We have not seen any IDs, only gave my house plan to my friend cum my ID. You guys heard of classic kitchen? My cousin's flat was recently renovated by them, I havent had the chance to take pictures, very nicely done, all their built-in is with blum cabinets but it comes at a price of course.

yes.. heard of the classic kitchen... but nvr see the real ting b4.. only read it frm somewhere...

u want to hv chinese contemporary.. can ask the ID to play ard colors.. or chinese character? my colleague last time did ask me how to write his surname in traditional chinese character.. haahaa.. he was using his surname character in his renov.. i hvn't go up his place yet.. also dunno how it look.. but i tot the idea not bad.. 应该是挺有个性的.. :dancingqueen:

oh oh.. n u can get ideas n nice designs frm Project File... their portfolio quite stunning... i like it a lot... but too much bad reviews on them le.. dun dare to engage them...

Edited by xlan

hi xlan,

u looking for a black color ceiling fan??

i saw one model from Crestar, 56", not totally black but dark bronze color ("gun metal" color)... maybe can go 3T Lighting along Jalan Besar to take a look... or Chan Huat also have, along Balestier... fan w remote control is about $300-350... but definitely can bargain until $300 or lower... :sport-smiley-003:

hey thanks! ya.. i will go jln besar n balestier some day def.. but always v lazy to go.. cos hot hot n lots of ppl la.. really not a nice place to shop.. but good to dig for reno tings i know.. so still hv to go there 1 of these days..

actually not really looking for black la.. was jus an initial thots.. cos saw tat 3D pics.. now hv to wait till 5Aug to view the real 3D drawings of MY unit.. then see wat ID recomm.. hee..

Helo

Just to drop in to say hello to all my future neighours. Me & my FH will be staying @ Blk 26D.........

They have removes the metal dividers along Jln Membina (next to Kim Tian)..... And we will passby sometimes to view the progress of the whole are. Hahahahahaha..... May I know when shall we start sourcing the ID, furniture and other mini mai-ni things?

My FH not kan-cheong type (he can nt be stress, ) and I like to plan before hand so that I will know how much we need to spend and what type of things we can cut the cost........

Hope that we can see each other in the neighbourhood soon... or we can go to the kopitiam to la-kopi in future (hahahaha)

Best wishes for everyone.....

Regards,

JJ2

finally, signed the Agreement for Lease & there goes my CPF $$ (1st payment)

btw, officer said 25B (replacement) will be collecting keys soon. HDB is processing ...

now, waiting for the next stage...

zlia, i pm u liao!:yamseng:

hello pples, seems like i missed out alot.been busying with new job/environment.so didnt log in ...

so blk 25a can collect liao. then 25b le? same? if so,congrats to linggie n green!:)

Hi future neighbours! *exciting*

BLK 25A

-

BLK 25B

- Linggie & KhooK

- Green

BLK 26A

-

BLK 26B

- dunkmycar

- noellechua

- lynnnie

BLK 26C

- elaine1205

- ZLia

BLK 26D

- OnePostWonder

- Princess Momo

- rommie

- binzz

- kriegs

- wonsen

- Velynn

BLK 27A

- xlan

- nemofc

- bchew

- Yang Guo

- Seafaith

- chaq

- Jasch

- glaminn

BLK 27B

-

Hi Elaine, which floor are you staying? Can pm me? hehe. we might be staying in the same floor!

nemofc, finally u signed liao... hehe... can wait for key collection n signing for 2nd payment liao!

finally, signed the Agreement for Lease & there goes my CPF $$ (1st payment)

btw, officer said 25B (replacement) will be collecting keys soon. HDB is processing ...

now, waiting for the next stage...