Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
km_foo

Renovation Contractors, Not Id

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hi, i can recommend my contractor too... he was very thorough and professional. replied my queries promptly and gave some good advice. thought he was quite value for money. let me know if you want his contact

I am new to renotalk. I wish to remodel my kitchen and common toilet.

I also want to have a wall featured in the living room with suspended tv console. Paint the whole house (5 room flat).

I had a contractor do site visiting and below was what he had quoted to me. Please advise if his pricing is reasonable.

1 Supply and lay homogenerous floor tiles at kitchen. 1,200.00

2 Supply and lay homogenerous wall tiles at kitchen. 2,862.00

3 To construct 14ft L-shape concrete sink/stove with tiles finishing. 1,540.00

4 To supply and install 14ft India Granite surface for kitchen worktop. 1,820.00

5 Design and fabricate 14ft bottom kitchen cabinets. 1,540.00

6 To construct kitchen cabinet bases (1 = 4'6" and 1 = 6') 320.00

7 Design and fabricate long kitchen cabinet 4'6" 1,104.00

8 Design and fabricate 12ft top and bottom kitchen cabinets. 1,440.00

9 To supply and install 6ft India Granite surface for kitchen worktop. 780.00

10 To construct kitchen entrance kerb. 120.00

11 To supply and install stainless steel pipes at common toilet and kitchen toilet. 1,100.00

12 Supply and lay homogenerous floor tiles and wall tiles at common toilets. 2,174.00

13 To supply and install toilet bowl at common toilet. 350.00

14 To supply and install wash basin at common toilet. 160.00

15 To box up 8ft sewage pipes with partition and PVC board at common toilet. 720.00

16 To box up 8ft sewage pipes with partition and PVC board at master toilet. 750.00

17 Provide ICI/Nippon paint service for whole unit. 1,450.00

18 Design and fabricate 8ft suspended TV console in hall. 1,040.00

19 Design and fabricate 8ft wall feature panel (craftstone or ledgestone) in hall. 2,300.00

20 To supply and install 1no Pd door at common toilet. 580.00

21 To supply and install 3nos Veneer doors for 3nos bedroom. 1,080.00

22 To supply and install wrought iron at main door. 640.00

And I forgot the hacking

Provide hacking & dismantling service for existing kitchen and common toilet floor tiles 2,760.00

and wall tiles; existing concrete sink & stove support and ktichen cabinets c/w

clear debris service.

Please advice as I am like pulling my hair out with the total 27 000 dollar quote and it is not even the whole house.

Anyway I chose the materials and design myself.

I looking mine ard $40-50k massive Reno

got recommended by a friend on a contractor.. he sent me his recent work on a simei 4 or 5 room flat. wonder how u guys feel.. below is the photo he gave me link to browse on his before and after.. let me know how u guys feel? cos don't really wanna spend money on ID to save cost. xD

http:/imageshack.com/i/0silxaj

copy paste to view.. comment n let me knw how u guys feel.. I felt great but as a BTO-er not too great to jump to conclusion without some opinion.. thnks

Hi, I need Contractor contact too, not ID. I need to renovate my 5A resale flat (carpentry work not need as my Brother-in-law is a carpenter).

Kindly PM me if you have good contractor to recommend. Also can email to lynnthm@gmail.com

Edited by Safehome

Hi sorry for the silly question... but is there any big difference between id & contractor?

The contractor I engaged 2 years back also can design. Most of their works are done in-house. A lot of my friends and relatives who came over also like the work done. They thought I went to a id but was surprised that everything is put together nicely by just a contractor. She is very experienced and quite accommodating. The good thing is I managed to get some extra work done without being charged.

so I think as long as price is reasonable and workmanship is good, id or contractor also ok right ?

hi, can pm me your contractor contact? thanks

hi, i can recommend my contractor too... he was very thorough and professional. replied my queries promptly and gave some good advice. thought he was quite value for money. let me know if you want his contact

able to share your contact with me? thanks

can share the contact of your contractor to gloryinflower@gmail.com? Thanks

got recommended by a friend on a contractor.. he sent me his recent work on a simei 4 or 5 room flat. wonder how u guys feel.. below is the photo he gave me link to browse on his before and after.. let me know how u guys feel? cos don't really wanna spend money on ID to save cost. xD

copy paste to view.. comment n let me knw how u guys feel.. I felt great but as a BTO-er not too great to jump to conclusion without some opinion.. thnks

I too am looking for contractor only. Can pm me his contact info?

• Like 1

this looks great, can share the contact?

sliding wardrobe is $200 per ft

kitchen cabinet is $100 per ft[/quote

Hi I am new here. My contractor suddenly mia after our first mèet up. So we are finding other contractor. Can you please share your contact? Thanks

I have just done up my house recently. The quote I have gotten from this contractor of mine is normal range, but it is his attention to details that impresses me. If you need any contacts, feel free to pm me.

• Like 1