Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Bingo. Sama sama.

No wonder i look at the pre-reno pix like beri similar to mine.

Mine was at Bishan. Also like 20+ years old lo. 4th Floor.. not beri nice view leh.

Sianz. Urs leh?

Thinking of moving out after 5 years if can find a btter location

U planning to knock down one room for WIW mah? I wanted to bt bf say dun wanna

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
No wonder i look at the pre-reno pix like beri similar to mine.

Mine was at Bishan. Also like 20+ years old lo. 4th Floor.. not beri nice view leh.

Sianz. Urs leh?

Thinking of moving out after 5 years if can find a btter location

U planning to knock down one room for WIW mah? I wanted to bt bf say dun wanna

Hi xiaomumu, :)

Our house condition is not too bad, but the bathroom ceiling seems to be covered with water bubble marks, dunno whether is caused by upstairs anot, but did not see any water drop everytime we visit in the evening time. :dunno:

We think we are going to stay in our house quite a long time because we invested quite a lot into the renovation. :) Do it once, do it good, as the saying goes. :sport-smiley-004:

What's WIW?:P Our plan intially was to knock down the storeroom for dining area, but the agent and contractor advise not to because future owners may want a storeroom when they wanted to buy a house. So the storeroom stays and we have a small space for dining area. :P

So you are still looking for contractors? Or you had engaged an ID (Interior Designer)? :) For our case, to save cost, we got the contractors without any Interior Designers, but we are always debating on the design :P Maybe you can look at some of the other member's blogs for reference too :):D

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi everyone, :)

Here's an update with some photos we taken on Sunday.

Basically the screeding is in progress, and they are actually waiting for the tiles to come on Saturday, but we only manage to select the tiles on that day itself, so no tiles are laid yet. :P

Hopefully today will see some tiles on the floor or walls. :)

Kitchen Floor Screeding, notice the footprints? Dunno they will re-screed the floor again?

One comment given by our "uncle" who was like a freelance in renovation was that the workmanship is not really good, so kinda afraid the final product will not be nice. :)

15Jul07_03.jpg15Jul07_04.jpg

Kitchen Bathroom Screeding, almost done, think they are really waiting for the tiles :P

15Jul07_05.jpg

MasterBedroom Bathroom Screeding, almost done too. :)

15Jul07_01.jpg

Another comment by our "uncle" was that they should scrape off the ceiling of the toilet before they began with the screeding as if they done it later, it will be more troublesome and messy. Anyone had the same experience? :P

15Jul07_02.jpg

That's all for now folks, will be updating again soon. :sport-smiley-004:

I used Nipponpaint's easywash - must say it's really easy to wash/clean! :D

dirts can come off easily with just simple soap and water, just wipe only.

Hi MaCe, :)

Had a talk with our freelance renovation "uncle", and he said that certain workmanship is required to paint with EasyWash type of paint as one entire wall must be painted continuously to prevent different shades of colour from appearing when the paint dried.

But he also comment that if the original wall is not dirty, you can basically use EasyWash to paint the wall without the White paint. Any comments on that? :):dunno:

Edited by tim_chenie

Paiseh. I meant walk in wardrobe.

I wanted to knock down one room to have a larger masterbedroom cos find 4S room damned small lo.

But in the end, i did not knock down lo cos worried that next time harder to sell it off

Yah, i oso agree the mentality to do it nice for the first time cos it is costly.

We hire a contractor kinda lo.. so not beri designer style though. But ok lah.. nt tat ugly.

My quotation is at my new house, so i cannot advice u much on ur wiring costing. BT i spent almost $2k for rewiring cos same as ur case, old flat lo :dunno:

Bt i did knock down the storeroom leh.. same as urs, it is between the living hall and the kitchen. We knock it off for a dining area which i think it is not a bad idea. But it is up to individual though. Bt i agree that w/o storeoom, wah.. beri jialut leh.. canot store the unsightly things nicely... sianz

How much is the entire reno?

Hi xiaomumu,:)

So WIW is Walk In Wardrobe :P Actually thinking of having one custom made, but too much to include within our budget. :P Maybe will do it in the near future. :)

We think as long as we did it simple and nice, is good enough for both of us, not need like Grand Hotel style lah. :P

My rewiring package is 2.5K, dunno have you seen what we posted previously of what is listed in the package. If you don't mind, can you post your package details? Maybe the contacts too if you have? :)

Yeah, never know when you need somewhere to store the barang barang like the vacumm cleaner, luggage bags and stuff. :P

Our total cost is 25.5K but we removed the System 3 Non-Inverter aircon, so now is 23.2K. Almost the whole house is done up. How about your renovation package? Heard alot of raw material (e.g stainless steel, copper) prices are going up, so now the renovation package is higher. :)

So have you started your renovation? Or had completed oredi?:) Mind starting a Reno T-blog too and share with us your renovation journey? :good: :good:

Hi everyone, :curse:

We are back with 3 days of photos updates! :) Basically, the floor tiles were now laid in the three bedrooms and living rooms, and tommorow they will finished up the washroom wall tiles. So here goes: :thumbs up:

16 Jul 2007 (Monday)

Screeding was in progress in the Living Room

16Jul07_04.jpg

Tiles and Sand in the Master Bedroom

16Jul07_02.jpg

All the stuff was shifted into the Guest Room

16Jul07_03.jpg

Floor Tiles in the Study Room

16Jul07_01.jpg

And more stuff in the Kitchen

16Jul07_05.jpg

17 July 2007, Tuesday

We arrived and saw the lights in the house were on, and when we peeped in, we saw the floor tiles were laid. We were happy, finally some progress, but we just stopped at the main door because we reckon the the contractors left the lights on to dry the cement, and maybe to let us know not to step inside :jawdrop:8|

Tiles were fully laid at the Living Room

17Jul07_02.jpg17Jul07_01.jpg

18 July 2007, Wednesday

We met with the contractor supervisor who is in charge of laying the tiles and settle on the position of the mosaic tiles. :curse: Almost all the rooms were completely laid with floor tiles, so nice. :jawdrop: Next is to get the kitchen basin delivered so they could worked on the cement stand for the basin and stove.

The Floor and Wall Tiles for the Bathrooms, right is for the Kitchen while the left is for the Master Bedroom.

18Jul07_05.jpg

Mosaic Wall Tiles for the Bathrooms, the Pink one is for the Kitchen and the Green is for the Master Bedroom.

18Jul07_04.jpg

Floor Tiles completely laid in the Master Bedroom, except for the skirting. The holes at the wall are also patched up with cement.8|

18Jul07_02.jpg

Floor Tiles completely laid in the Guest Room, except for the skirting

18Jul07_03.jpg

Still in progress in the Study Room.

18Jul07_01.jpg

That's all for now folks, can't wait to see the wall tiles to be up! :):thumbs up:

P.S. : Anyone noticed there is a Moon Eclipse recently? We witnessed one yesterday (17 July 2007) while on our way to our new house. Just wanna share with everyone. :dunno:

Edited by tim_chenie

it's great to see the process of renovation...can't wait to see the fully completion
Hi spikedoll, :)

Thanks, we also can't wait to move in too :( Just visited your blog and saw quite a few nice scenery photos, guess you are a pro photographer? :) And my floor tiles kinda look similar to yours too. Guess we had the same taste :P

so wat is next on the list? plastering?
Hi eR1c, :)

We think so, :P by plastering you are referring to filling up the gaps between the floor tiles? Think they will do the concrete stand for the kitchen sink and the stove next, after they are done with the kitchen tiles.

Just visited your blog and seems like your house are fully renovated. :good: When is the housewarming party coming up? :yamseng: Inviting the forum members? :)

By the way, how much did you spent for your Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 Aircon?

for electrical appliances try

1) everjoint (blk 159 AMK)

2) hongliang (alexandra village)

Hi MaCe, :)

We bought all of our electrical applicances from Hong Liang, but later found out from the forum that some shops within their area are actually have lower prices. :P But at least its one of the reasonable priced shop recommended by most members too :).

:rolleyes:

hongliang was highly recommended by members of this forum.

I bought mine all from everjoint - lagi cheaper. thats why i put it as 1)

We think so, :( by plastering you are referring to filling up the gaps between the floor tiles? Think they will do the concrete stand for the kitchen sink and the stove next, after they are done with the kitchen tiles.

Just visited your blog and seems like your house are fully renovated. :yamseng: When is the housewarming party coming up? :rolleyes: Inviting the forum members? :good:

By the way, how much did you spent for your Mitsubishi Starmex System 4 Aircon?

Plastering means to cover plaster the wall and ceiling to make it flat. Old houses used blocks to built, so the walls are not flat and sometimes can see the blocks outline. Plaster will made the wall flat and after that, painting over will look much nicer.

Oh i see. Hope to see more pics. :)

Eh... mine is not system 4 lar... it is system 3. Initially wanted system 4, one more to the living room, but then my kitchen is open concept, so will be waste of electricity to switch on air con in the living room lor. So decide to get only system 3. But wanted a Inverter System. The air-con is FOC from my renovator lor. :P

Housewarming ar... dunno wanna have or not leh.. hahaha.. haven't decide. if have will let u know lor. :P

if have, mostly will be in september, after all the dust have settled.

Hongliang was highly recommended by members of this forum.

I bought mine all from everjoint - lagi cheaper. thats why i put it as 1)

Hi MaCe, 8|

How cheap do you mean by cheap? 8| Maybe will go there to get our DVD Mini Hi Fi.

For those interested here's Everjoint website:Everjoint

P.S. : MaCe, is this the one you referring to? :lol:

Plastering means to cover plaster the wall and ceiling to make it flat.

Oh i see. Hope to see more pics. 8|

Eh... mine is not system 4 lar... it is system 3. Initially wanted system 4, one more to the living room, but then my kitchen is open concept, so will be waste of electricity to switch on air con in the living room lor. So decide to get only system 3. But wanted a Inverter System. The air-con is FOC from my renovator lor. :)

Housewarming ar... dunno wanna have or not leh.. hahaha.. haven't decide. if have will let u know lor. :)

if have, mostly will be in september, after all the dust have settled.

OIC, we are not doing plastering as it will be additonal cost and the wall condition is still OK. :D But as most of the time the focus will not be on the wall, we can still live with some minor "humps" here and there.:notti:

We saw the latest reply in your T-Blog that you are getting System 4. :bow: WOW, FOC, our favourite word for now. :bow:

Yeah, maybe after the Hungry Ghost Festival, so when are they handing over the house? 1 week later? :);)

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi MaCe, :D

How cheap do you mean by cheap? :D Maybe will go there to get our DVD Mini Hi Fi.

For those interested here's Everjoint website:Everjoint

P.S. : MaCe, is this the one you referring to? :notti:

ya, when you are there try to talk to the towkay niu, she is friendly and more understanding.