Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Hi everyone ;) ,

we like to share our experience of our renovation process and so here we are, our very own reno-blog :D

We are going to meet our contractor tommorow evening to settle on the details of the renovation works, so here are some BEFORE the renovation photos to share with you all. :~

Living Room

IMGP6143.jpgIMGP6134.jpgIMGP6124.jpg

Kitchen

IMGP6127.jpgIMGP6135.jpg

Here's more :~

Kitchen

IMGP6139.jpg

Master Bedroom

IMGP6131.jpg

Master Bedroom Washroom

IMGP6130.jpg

Study Room

IMGP6133.jpg

That's all for now, will take more photos to upload. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

not bad lei, third place!

wa, the living divider ANTIQUE sia! hey, maybe can pass to spikedoll, she looking for divider! hee, kidding.. :)

cant wait to see another transformation!

wow... the top 3 got people taken liao... hahaha

so fast...

look like another total makeover renovation.. kekeke

Got 5th...not too bad :)

Hi tim_chenie, have a great time during reno...definitely will be busy i can tell you that. Enjoy the reno & do post pics ...

Cheers :bleah:

Hey Guys and Gals, :bangwall:

Thank you all so much for the WARM Welcome, we will surely keep updating on the progress on the renovation.

We just came back from the discussion with the contractor, must say he is really honest and friendly. So far no problem with the items listed in the contract, so the hacking of the tiles will begin this Friday, next Monday and Tuesday, hope the neighbours can bear with that.!!

We will try to take more photos of the original state before the hacking starts, for old memories sake:p

That's all for now :furious:

Hey Guys and Gals, :jawdrop:

Thank you all so much for the WARM Welcome, we will surely keep updating on the progress on the renovation.

We just came back from the discussion with the contractor, must say he is really honest and friendly. So far no problem with the items listed in the contract, so the hacking of the tiles will begin this Friday, next Monday and Tuesday, hope the neighbours can bear with that.:bow:

We will try to take more photos of the original state before the hacking starts, for old memories sake:p

That's all for now :bow:

Hi tim_chenie, all the best for your reno.. seems like a major revamp too!! Post more pix!! :furious:

Hi :help: ,

Today starts the first day of renovation, the HACKING OF TILES :notti: .

Nothing much to update, will try to upload the before and after photos later.

Browsing through the forum for interesting topics and think these might help for those who are still in the planning stage of renovation, so here goes:

Types of Floor Tiles

Electrical Works Quotation

Electrical Work Pricing, Updated info needed

Electrical work cost

Re-wiring Package $3,300, What do you think of the packet?

Kitchen Sinks, which brands are gd?

:notti:

Hi everyone :jawdrop: ,

We are back with more photos of the house before renovation (last minute effort the night before start of renovation :bangwall: ) so sit back, relax and enjoy these old memories :sport-smiley-004:

MasterBedroom

IMGP6261.jpgIMGP6236.jpg

MasterBedroom Washroom

IMGP6239.jpgIMGP6240.jpg

GuestRoom

IMGP6246.jpg

Here's more :bangwall: ,

GuestRoom

IMGP6247.jpg

StudyRoom

IMGP6243.jpg

Kitchen

IMGP6255.jpg

That's all folks, we will be back with the 1st day of hacking footage soon. Thanks for viewing our blog. :yamseng:

P.S: We had this problem of loading photos, it seems like there's a limit of photos to be post on each reply. Are we right? Or it have to do with the length of the reply? Pls advice. Thanks! :unsure:

but if u post one post after another with pictures and later on u click to edit, they will tell you cannot repost coz pictures exceed. so if u realised u got to edit, u got to repost one after another again. :drunk:

but if u post one post after another with pictures and later on u click to edit, they will tell you cannot repost coz pictures exceed. so if u realised u got to edit, u got to repost one after another again. :(

Hi everyone :) ,

Thanks for the prompt reply for my question.

We went for another look of our house with the contractor, carpenter and electrician. Get to know more things in details, maybe can gather everyone's reviews on them.

1. The painting of whole house (cost 1K) only includes sealer and white paint. Any other colour paints requires us to buy the paint ourselves and pay the workmanship, that is quoted around $200.

2. The electrician comments that the Main Circuit Board is required to lowered down due to HDB new regulation, hence it requires extra charges as it requires more wire for the extension. By the way the rewiring of the whole house costs 2.5K. Is it worth it? :)

3. The selection of tiles for the living room is limited to $3 psf and the tiles for the kitchen ceramic tiles is limited to $2 psf. Is that the market rate? :P

Hope to get advices on these questions. Thanks in advance. :P

hi there, just some of my personal views

1. my contractor is only charging $1,350 for sealant, white paint and 4 other colours of MEDIFRESH 3-in-1 for my 134sqm including paint and workmanship leh. your contractor not very honest loh :furious: if take his pricing, $1k (original) + $200 (workmanship) = $1200. add to that the price of paint $35 per 5l can :jawdrop:

2. hmm, did your electrician show you any printed material from hdb? didn't hear anything about this 'new regulation' leh. maybe you want to list down what is provided e.g. no. of single/double sockets, no. of light points etc then we can give some suggestions?

3. $3psf is quite limited, esp if it is the display price :unsure: whether it's market rate will depend on how much the contractor charge for the whole package i.e. hack and relay

hope it helps :yamseng:

Hi Tim & Chenie,

1. The painting of whole house (cost 1K) only includes sealer and white paint. Any other colour paints requires us to buy the paint ourselves and pay the workmanship, that is quoted around $200.

-If painting the whole house cost you 1.2k for additional colour, you can engage ICI or Nippon paint to do, you can see the colour selection on site when they come to suggest you the colours. :yamseng: My contractor give me 5 colour + 1 white and cost 1.25k. He also paint the piping for me.

2. The electrician comments that the Main Circuit Board is required to lowered down due to HDB new regulation, hence it requires extra charges as it requires more wire for the extension. By the way the rewiring of the whole house costs 2.5K. Is it worth it? :furious:

- If there is new HDB regulation, when the HDB officer is there for inspection, he would have told during the 2nd appointment. FYI, mine is 4Ng flat, for whole house wiring and electrical points, it cost 2k only.

3. The selection of tiles for the living room is limited to $3 psf and the tiles for the kitchen ceramic tiles is limited to $2 psf. Is that the market rate? :jawdrop:

- For the living room tiles, typical is about $3 psf, but for kitchen ceramic tiles to limit to $2 PSf, limited choices. Has you seen his display of tiles at his shop? Are those design and colour ok for you?

If time permit, you can go to tiles shop to see to know the design and price. At least you know what price range you asking for.

Hope that answer your query.

I did whole house reno and in midst of doing carpentary work. :unsure: