Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

Yeah, maybe after the Hungry Ghost Festival, so when are they handing over the house? 1 week later? :D:notti:

This sat handling over. :D

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey Tim!

Just saw ur recent fotos and oh boy.. though urs is a Tampinese flat, but it looks quite similar to my bishan flat leh!!

CHeck it out!!

The storeroom in the kitchen

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0071ln2.jpg

THe masterbedroom

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0252sn0.jpg

Similar rite?? hahha.. so cute leh!

Urs look completed soon hoh!:dancingqueen: How much u payr ur flat then if u dun mind sharing?

ya, when you are there try to talk to the towkay niu, she is friendly and more understanding.
Hi MaCe, :)

Thanks for your recommendation, will surely visit them when searching for our DVD Mini Hi-Fi. :)

This sat handling over.
Hi eR1c, :)

CONGRATS :dribble: on getting your new house, hope to hear from you soon about the HouseWarming Party.;):notti::(

Just saw ur recent fotos and oh boy.. though urs is a Tampinese flat, but it looks quite similar to my bishan flat leh!!

The storeroom in the kitchen

http://img20.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0071ln2.jpg

THe masterbedroom

http://img233.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0252sn0.jpg

Similar rite?? hahha.. so cute leh!

Urs look completed soon hoh!:dribble: How much u payr ur flat then if u dun mind sharing?

Hi xiaomumu, :)

Yeah, your house do look similar to ours, though the facing of the storeroom door is different. :P

So you are also renovation your house now? Saw that measuring tape and exposed wiring in your MasterBedroom Floor. The original condition looks quite nice, guess not much needed to be renovate right?:)

Ours is not really completed yet, now going through the Tiling Phase, the Kitchen concrete stand for the sink and stove will be done by next week, next comes the Carpentry for the Kitchen top and bottom cabinets, then the whole house wiring, whole house painting and last comes the chemical wash. Expected date of completion is 10th August 2007, but think will have some delay.:P Just hope we can move in before the Hungry Ghost Festival, which is on 26th August 2007. Kinda "Pan Dan" on these things.:P

Our whole renovation cost around 25.5K, include GST is 26.5K, but taking out the AirCon System so total cost will be reduced to 23.2K, inlcude GST will be around 24.5K.

How about your renovation? Mind sharing your list of renovation items and the cost? And can we see more photos of your new house, it really looks nice in the original state. :) Thanks in advance! :):yamseng:

Hi Tim

I find it beri 'cute' to see that ur flat layout similiar to mine. We hacked the storeroom away (with a tinge of regret cos no place to hide ugly things) but the consolation is that we can throw in a dining table loh. It is so hard to plan for the ideal location for the dining table w/o hacking for our case loh

Wat abt u guys? Where u putting the dining table?

The RP flat comes with parquet bt requires repolishing loh. But i find parquet such a hassle loh. Kena scratches easily leh. We saw a few scratches now liao loh... so sianz leh.. like nid to treat a floor witih delicate care and oso try not to drop things on the floor which is hard loh

We did a complete renovation minus the living room and 3 bedroom flooring. It costs us ard $22k (excludes lights). With lights, aircon, oven (under the same contractor lobang), it is ard $30k liao

Bt mine is not those designer style one loh. Quite simple one lo.

I finished my renovation on eve of Vesak day. Now waiting for AD in OCT before we moved in.

I do not have the contract with me so not beri sure abt the costs though.. but i have saved a few pix of my renovated pix.

Living Hall

http://img74.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0080aoh4.jpg

Kitchen

http://img181.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pict0083afk8.jpg

Just hope we can move in before the Hungry Ghost Festival, which is on 26th August 2007. Kinda "Pan Dan" on these things.:P

eh.. the Hungry Ghost Festival Month will starts on 13th August, which is Monday.

Now oredi lunar 6th month liao.

eh.. the Hungry Ghost Festival Month will starts on 13th August, which is Monday.

Now oredi lunar 6th month liao.

Thanks for the note, now really must hurry the contractor so that we can move in before 13th August, Monday. Hope they can complete by 10th August, Thursday, like what is stated in the contract. :):P

... Wat abt u guys? Where u putting the dining table?

The RP flat comes with parquet bt requires repolishing loh. But i find parquet such a hassle loh. Kena scratches easily leh. We saw a few scratches now liao loh... so sianz leh.. like nid to treat a floor witih delicate care and oso try not to drop things on the floor which is hard loh

We did a complete renovation minus the living room and 3 bedroom flooring. It costs us ard $22k (excludes lights). With lights, aircon, oven (under the same contractor lobang), it is ard $30k liao

Bt mine is not those designer style one loh. Quite simple one lo.

I finished my renovation on eve of Vesak day. Now waiting for AD in OCT before we moved in.

We are going to place our dining table next to the storeroom area, the only place we are able to place it. :P

What is RP? :notti: Yeah heard alot of care needed for parquet floor, and also very expensive to have one too. :P Maybe you can fetch a higher selling price for that. :)

Our lights cost about 600 and the electrical appliances cost 2K. So plus plus our total renovation, including the lights and electrical appliances is about 26K. :P

Your's not designer style? Your living room says it all :notti: So stylish :good: And your kitchen is so modern looking too. :DOrange so vibrant. Anymore photos to share? Really hope to see more. ;)

By the way, what's AD? :notti:

Once again, MORE PHOTOS from you yeah? ;):good::P

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi eR1c, :P

Thanks for the note, now really must hurry the contractor so that we can move in before 13th August, Monday. Hope they can complete by 10th August, Thursday, like what is stated in the contract. :notti::P

What is RP?

Eh... 10th August is Friday. 9th August is Thursday. Which is the day that i am officially shifting to my new house. :notti: i also shifting before lunar 7th month. Just got back home from taking over my new house from my renovator. Now have to go thru the house and see got any defects and email my renovator. Then he will send his workers down to do the rectification. :notti:

I believe RP stands for RePurchase house?

Thanks for the note, now really must hurry the contractor so that we can move in before 13th August, Monday. Hope they can complete by 10th August, Thursday, like what is stated in the contract. :):notti:

We are going to place our dining table next to the storeroom area, the only place we are able to place it. :P

What is RP? :P Yeah heard alot of care needed for parquet floor, and also very expensive to have one too. :P Maybe you can fetch a higher selling price for that. :)

Our lights cost about 600 and the electrical appliances cost 2K. So plus plus our total renovation, including the lights and electrical appliances is about 26K. :P

Your's not designer style? Your living room says it all :D So stylish :good: And your kitchen is so modern looking too. :DOrange so vibrant. Anymore photos to share? Really hope to see more. ;)

By the way, what's AD? :P

Once again, MORE PHOTOS from you yeah? ;):good::lol:

Parquet is difficult to maintain...but if maintained well...in my opinion nothing beats the feeling of cool and smooth parquet on your feet...not to mention the classy feel/look...but maintenance is a big issue. I know of someone who did his hse with parquet---living room+all the 3 rooms. In the end he kpkb say itz siong to take care of it...oh well..therez always a price to pay for vanity haha..

Hi everyone, 8|

We are back with another 3 days of renovation update photos. So far they had removed the curve corners of the entrance to the bedrooms and the kitchen, began to lay the cement for the Kitchen Cabinet Concrete Base and built up the Kitchen Concrete Stand for the Kitchen Basin and Stove.

Today they also began to lay the wall tiles for the kitchen wall, but the bathroom mosaic tiles is not up yet, wonder what's holding them up? :)

Our kitchen basin and bathroom accessories are also delivered today so they can construct the top of the concrete stand.

So here are the photos:

19 Jul 2007, Thursday

Another look at the Living Room Floor Tiles :P

19Jul07_04.jpg

Curve corners were removed, but the wall are chipped at the Kitchen Entrance. !!

19Jul07_05.jpg19Jul07_03.jpg

Nothing changes at the Kitchen, except for the Kitchen Bathroom wall tiles are up, but the gap for the mosaic tiles are not all the way up, notified our Contractor about this.

19Jul07_02.jpg19Jul07_01.jpg

20 July 2007, Friday

Nothing changes in the Master Bedroom and the Bathroom.

20Jul07_02.jpg20Jul07_01.jpg

The Kitchen Entrance was still chipped. Sides of the Kitchen Concrete Stand were done up, the Fridge base and Kitchen Cabinet base was almost done up too.

20Jul07_05.jpg20Jul07_04.jpg

The New Rubbish Chute Cover installed. 8|

20Jul07_03.jpg

21st July 2007, Saturday

Met three of the workers who were doing the Kitchen wall tiles, so asked them regarding the unfinished floor tiles works at the Study Room, the unfinished skirtings in all the bedrooms and living room, and got to know that they ran out of tiles and would be getting them this afternoon so they can complete the job.

Informed them that the Kitchen Basin and bathroom accessories were delivered so they can start to construct the Concrete Stand Top.

One of the workers working on the Kitchen Cabinet Base. The Kitchen Basin and Bathroom Accessories (Total cost 345).

21Jul07_05.jpg21Jul07_03.jpg

The almost completed Fridge and Kitchen Cabinet Base. One of the workers laying the Kitchen Wall Tiles. :)

21Jul07_02.jpg21Jul07_01.jpg

One of the workers working on the Master Bedroom Bathroom Wall Tiles.

21Jul07_04.jpg

That's all for now folks! :yamseng:

tim_chenie...i wanna say again...looking at your living room floor tiles make me wish i had chosen that white white one...looks very clean and bright... !! *slurp slurp*

Hi everyone, !!

We are back with the Sunday edition update. !! Most of the kitchen wall tiles are up and the concret top for the Kitchen Basin and Stove were moulded. Also found a little chipped wall tiles at the back of the Master Bedroom Bathroom drainage pipes. !!

Concrete Base and Wall tiles at the Kitchen were almost completed and the Wall tiles at the Kitchen Bathroom was almost done too, except they had not removed the top section for the Mosaic Tiles yet.

22Jul07_01.jpg22Jul07_02.jpg

Floor Tiles for the Study Room were not there yet, hence the uncomplete floor. Two Concrete Tops for the Kitchen Basin and Stove were moulded there. :bow:

22Jul07_03.jpg

The chipped Wall Tiles behind the Drainage Pipes in the MasterBedroom Bathroom. !! Good eyesight hah? !!

22Jul07_04.jpg22Jul07_05.jpg

That's all for now folks. Have a good weekend! :seeya::notti:

Eh... 10th August is Friday. 9th August is Thursday. Which is the day that i am officially shifting to my new house. :wub: i also shifting before lunar 7th month. Just got back home from taking over my new house from my renovator. Now have to go thru the house and see got any defects and email my renovator. Then he will send his workers down to do the rectification. :wub:

I believe RP stands for RePurchase house?

Great to see the work in progress. one more steps towards completion.

Thanks for the correction :( Kinda blur blur when it comes to dates. So how's your "Spot the Defects" exercise? Hope that you did not find anything not nice. Email? The renovator too busy to receive phone calls? :notti: WOW, his business really BIG. !!

So RP is RePurchase, thanks for the note. :)

Yeah, hope everything is done before 10th August then we will have our own "Spot the Defects" exercise. !! Anyway had spotted a few oredi. :angry: Do tell us what to look out for ok? Need to knock tiles to see whether they are hollow? :seeya:

Parquet is difficult to maintain...but if maintained well...in my opinion nothing beats the feeling of cool and smooth parquet on your feet...not to mention the classy feel/look...but maintenance is a big issue. I know of someone who did his hse with parquet---living room+all the 3 rooms. In the end he kpkb say itz siong to take care of it...oh well..therez always a price to pay for vanity haha..

tim_chenie...i wanna say again...looking at your living room floor tiles make me wish i had chosen that white white one...looks very clean and bright... !!

Hi jamez, :)

Yes, Parquet is really classy and nice but also hard to maintain too, must be really careful, not for people like us, really clumsy and lazy:P So better stick with something that can last and easy to maintain.

Thanks for the compliment, but kind of think of it, white is kinda hard to maintain in the kitchen, with the oil and smoke going around, think we are going to wipe the walls once a week. :deal: But the whole idea is to make the place look bright, cos too dark will make us feel even more drowsy and lazy :lol::rofl: But is thinking of painting the wall a darker colour to contrast the floor. Will leave all that to my wife for the colour coordination since I had my choice of floor tiles. !!

So how's your renovation going on? With the kitchen entrance wall knocked down, your place looks really BIG now. :bow: But how are you going to prevent the Kitchen oil and smoke from coming into the living room? Just curious. :)

Have a HAPPY Weekend! !! :notti:

Hi jamez, :)

Yes, Parquet is really classy and nice but also hard to maintain too, must be really careful, not for people like us, really clumsy and lazy:P So better stick with something that can last and easy to maintain.

Thanks for the compliment, but kind of think of it, white is kinda hard to maintain in the kitchen, with the oil and smoke going around, think we are going to wipe the walls once a week. :) But the whole idea is to make the place look bright, cos too dark will make us feel even more drowsy and lazy :) :) But is thinking of painting the wall a darker colour to contrast the floor. Will leave all that to my wife for the colour coordination since I had my choice of floor tiles. :(

So how's your renovation going on? With the kitchen entrance wall knocked down, your place looks really BIG now. :deal: But how are you going to prevent the Kitchen oil and smoke from coming into the living room? Just curious. :)

Have a HAPPY Weekend! ;) !!

Hey dude...

Dun worry...nowadays got many good good cleaning solutions around. I also saw on some magazines about how white vinegar can remove stains easily...but must mix with some other stuff like baking powder and such..so if u take some time off can mix all these up and give it a shot...tomorrow i check which magazine then i put the "recipe" for the cleaning solution up.

Good idea painting one of the walls to have contrast...paint can easily be changed if you dun like it so i say go for it man! :P

Actually hoh...i kinda feel like my house look smaller after hacking leh...dunno maybe it'z because of all the sand and dust and all the stuff lying around making the house look smaller.

And seriously...i also duno how to keep the oil away from the rest of the living area haha...got soem ideas lah...like if fry food then use those frying cooker loh...other then that i promised my wife i would clean after every meal cooked !! then she agreed haha...siong abit lah...but i'm vain also hehe...

Itz sunday evening now...SO FAST! have a nice weekend evening everyone! :curse:

I'm off to work now... :good:

Edited by jamez