Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

aiya... although me BERI into FS. but depends on individual lor...you believe - it exists, you dont believe-nothing exists. Like my bro, he didnt even dongtu or whatever or choose date, just renovate on the day he likes, move in on the day he likes, typical atheist simi-also-heckcare person. :P

hehee....true la....I went to find FSM b4 I reno, in the end, due to busy schedule hor, I dongtu is on 15th of lunar mth, not specifically any good dates oso la....

But becuz I frm sales, so mre pantang, 9 out of 10 sales ppl r pantang wan la... :P

Anyways, tim, all the best for ur renos n smooth moving in! :bow:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
But becuz I frm sales, so mre pantang, 9 out of 10 sales ppl r pantang wan la... :bow:

izit? but me not sales leh how come me MORE pantang than you??? :P

wakakaka

hehee....true la....I went to find FSM b4 I reno, in the end, due to busy schedule hor, I dongtu is on 15th of lunar mth, not specifically any good dates oso la....

But becuz I frm sales, so mre pantang, 9 out of 10 sales ppl r pantang wan la... :bleah:

Anyways, tim, all the best for ur renos n smooth moving in! :sport-smiley-004:

hee hee...i also very pantang when it comes to my job...tested proven must pantang wan.... !!

however agree with Mace, do watz comfortable can liao...due to modern day's hectic lifestyle...it is also quite difficult to follow strictly to the "rules and regulations".

:P

Hi tim,

Im not veli good with fengshui n stuff but just to highlight that the "ghost mth" starts on 13th Aug n most "pantang" wont move hse (or do anything major for that matter) in the lunar 7th mth...

The calender says that 16th Aug is ok for "Dongtu" though.....If ur not looking for FSM to haf special dates etc, actually chu-yi (the 1st) or 15th of normal-lunar calendar mth (NOT lunar 7th mth) will do for Dongtu....

For moving in, if u reali dun mind moving in lunar 7th mth, den I guess anyday will do bah.....(NOT 14th of lunar 7th mth)....

Hi Greycat, :)

We actually really hope to avoid moving into our new house during the Lunar 7th month, but due to some last minutes changes here and there, :P the schedule was kinda delayed and we are only able to shift in then.

So to make the best out of it, we try to choose an auspicious date (25th August 2007, Saturday) for us to offset the bad feeling. :P

So jamez, Greycat and MaCe, do you guys have special ornaments in your house supposedly to bring in fortune and luck for you? Care to share? :notti:

One that we know of is the "Zhao Cai Mao", or the Maneki Neko, Backoning Cat of Japanimg_toricat.gif. Usually spot them in the Bubble Tea shops, maybe get one for my house. :)

Today we met our contractor to mark out the bathroom and kitchen accessories positions, and my wife spotted a leakage due to the stainless steel pipe installation.

My contractor say they are going to fix it by tommorow.

03Aug07_06.jpg

Here's another look at our beautiful Bathroom Mosaic Tiles taken with flash. 8| My wife just loves them so much. :wub:

06Aug07_01.jpg06Aug07_02.jpg

Tommorow will be a great step towards the completion of the renovation as lots of things are going to be installed and painting will be done.

Thereafter the lamps will be installed on the 10 August 2007, Friday or Saturday, then it will be just the Kitchen Cabinets left to be installed.

That's all for now folks. ;):D

Edited by tim_chenie

for the maneki neko, it's actually beckoning different things based on the hand raised and the colour of the cat. maneki means beckon so depends on what you want to come :wub:

for the maneki neko, it's actually beckoning different things based on the hand raised and the colour of the cat. maneki means beckon so depends on what you want to come :D
Hi applefreak, :notti:

Thanks for the info, here's a trivia on Maneki Neko.

The Maneki Neko made for export beckons by showing the back of its hand (as is customary in America and other nations). But the Maneki Neko made for domestic Japanese consumption beckons by showing the palm of its left hand, as is customary among the Japanese.

:wub:

Hi applefreak, :P

Thanks for the info, here's a trivia on Maneki Neko.

The Maneki Neko made for export beckons by showing the back of its hand (as is customary in America and other nations). But the Maneki Neko made for domestic Japanese consumption beckons by showing the palm of its left hand, as is customary among the Japanese.

:)

this zhao cai mao works only for pple with yang wood element and certain combination of bazi.

if you into FS, cannot anyhow put animal figurines one leh -

Edited by MaCe

Spot some mistakes but mainly minor mistakes.

The painting on the wall under the MBR was not painted properly. can see the paint lines.

The underneath of the trunking also not painted.

One electrical trunking end point not cover up.

Some cabinets door not align properly.

The kitchen sold table top need to polish.

Windows are not cleaned properly.

The hob was not able to sit properly on the table top. The hob got a curve groove design, so the hole need to be cut a bit bigger.

The rest is mostly cleaning was not good.

My Renovator is indeed busy lately, due to the high surge in renovation works.. Even him, as a managing director, also have to help drive lorry to bring his workers ard. hahaha. Anyway, he wanted me to email him becoz it is much easier than talk on the phone. coz he may not be able to remember everything i said.

When i check my house, i also test all the electrical points with a small portable fan. I also tested the network points that i ask him to install. But haven't check the telephone system yet

Switch on the air-cond to see if got any leak and is it cold or not. Try the water heaters also. Test all the taps to see if got any leaks... etc. Some people do knock on the tiles to check if it is hollow lor. i haven't did that yet. Dunno want to do or not, coz the house too big liao... hahaha

Anyway, to be able to spot defects, firstly, u must have the mentality that u definitely want to find something wrong at the place, then u will find... if u keep telling urself that everything is well, then u will not be able to find any mistakes lor.

You will even find more defects if u are washing and cleaning ur whole hse again. :bangwall:

We still find some minor defects after one month, best is stay in ur hse for more than one month then u will actually spot more defects. !!

Edited by Cantona7

i am using mckenic - so far so good.

what is mckenic?

my contractor use thinner and i tink it works quite well. But thinner cannto be used on plastic lo.. on tiles can lo.

what is mckenic?

my contractor use thinner and i tink it works quite well. But thinner cannto be used on plastic lo.. on tiles can lo.

the company mckenic is actually MORE to industrial use so you dont see them much in supermarkets/dept stores. there is one trolley in IMM.

the company mckenic is actually MORE to industrial use so you dont see them much in supermarkets/dept stores. there is one trolley in IMM.
Hi MaCe, :P

Is this the McKenic you are referring to?

Mr McKenic Houshold Products

Which is the exact product you used to remove stains from Homogeneous Tiles? :P

this zhao cai mao works only for pple with yang wood element and certain combination of bazi. if you into FS, cannot anyhow put animal figurines one leh -

Noted, thanks for the info. !! How about the "3-Legged Toad with gold coin in mouth" ornament?

MF005G_c.jpg

Heard that it can be used to bring fortune into the house, but must be placed inwards from the main door and hidden from sight. Any views on that? :D

!!

Any idea hw to remove stain on homo tiles? !!

You are having problems with your tiles ?

Think we have the same problem...especially the grouting...turn black...i tried various options...still cannot remove...:P

You are having problems with your tiles ?

Think we have the same problem...especially the grouting...turn black...i tried various options...still cannot remove...:P

Yalor the paint stain had been in my living room for quite some time we tried thinner, bleach and CIF also no use. !!

Nw will go IMM and buy Mr McKenic. :P