Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
tim_chenie

Tim & Chenie Little Sweet Haven

dont forget the sealer.

easywash the best - really easy wash!:deal::notti:

Hi MaCe, :)

We think they had painted the sealer oredi, the living room wall is kinda white now. Dunno whether that's the sealer or not. :P Yeah, that's why the name "EasyWash" right? ;):(

Hi everyone, :)

We are back with some photos we took yesterday, not much was done up during these 2 days (24th and 25th July) though. :(

25 July 2007, Wednesday

Top of Kitchen Basin and Stove Concrete Stand was placed, the Kitchen Bathroom Floor was completed,

but the top section for the Mosaic Tiles is still not removed yet.

25Jul07_01.jpg25Jul07_02.jpg25Jul07_03.jpg

The floor tiles still not placed in the Study Room yet. :(

25Jul07_04.jpg

Dust and debris were also found under the cardboard that served as protection for the Living Room Floor Tiles. :( Better don't let us find any scratch marks. :curse:

25Jul07_05.jpg

Now kinda worried if they are going to complete on time. :(

Hopefully we could see more things completed tonight. :):yamseng:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi everyone,

We are back with tonight's renovation photos.

We are pleased that some things are done today, at least we know work are being done. :P

26 July 2007, Thursday

The Kitchen Floor Tiles were almost done and the Kitchen Basin was placed into position, although it is not really fixed properly yet. The Washing Machine Concrete Base was also done.

26Jul07_01.jpg26Jul07_02.jpg

The Study Room Floor Tiles were finally placed, left a couple of tiles for the skirting, which is not done yet.

The Master Bedroom Bathroom Floor Tiles were also placed last night. :notti:

26Jul07_03.jpg26Jul07_04.jpg

Here comes the complaining part :yamseng: .

Once again we found our Bathroom Mosaic Tiles lying around the place, and one piece were even damaged. :P Really hope the tiles were fixed as early as possible.

26Jul07_05.jpg

Hope the progress would speed up so that we can move in before the 13th August 2007, Monday. :rofl:

Countdown 13 days (excluding Sundays) to 10 August 2007, Friday, our renovation due date. !! !!

Ermmm... if ur handover date is 10th Aug, and u wanna move in before 13th Aug (which will be 12th Aug), that means u only got 2 days to shift wor... very rush leh...

Ermmm... if ur handover date is 10th Aug, and u wanna move in before 13th Aug (which will be 12th Aug), that means u only got 2 days to shift wor... very rush leh...

Hi eR1c, :)

Yeah, kinda rush, so googled and found this website that provides auspicious dates for GRAND OPENING, which we think its same for MOVING IN, and found 16th August 2007, Thursday is very LUCKY, hence thinking of doing so on that date. Any advice whether its true? :dunno:

CONGRATS on moving into your NEW HOUSE, your house really turns out GREAT! :bleah::disturb:

We met with our contractor on 28th July to settle on the wall paint colour and the kitchen cabinet design. The electricians also came down to do the rewiring.

Then on Sunday we went back to took photos of the progress done on Saturday. :D

29th July 2007, Sunday

The Kitchen is almost completed, less the finishing touch on some wall tiles and the Concrete Stand.

29Jul07_01.jpg29Jul07_02.jpg

29Jul07_03.jpg29Jul07_04.jpg

The New Window Grilles for the Guest Room have arrived. :D

29Jul07_05.jpg

That's all folks for now. :):yamseng:

Yeah, kinda rush, so googled and found this website that provides auspicious dates for GRAND OPENING, which we think its same for MOVING IN, and found 16th August 2007, Thursday is very LUCKY, hence thinking of doing so on that date. Any advice whether its true? :bleah:

CONGRATS on moving into your NEW HOUSE, your house really turns out GREAT! :D:dunno:

We met with our contractor on 28th July to settle on the wall paint colour and the kitchen cabinet design. The electricians also came down to do the rewiring.

Then on Sunday we went back to took photos of the progress done on Saturday. :D

29th July 2007, Sunday

That's all folks for now. :):yamseng:

hello tim_chenie..

Hey i checked out the website u gave...

Should it be under RESIDENCE RELOCATION instead of GRAND OPENING ?

But still ok...cos 16/08/2007 is also an auspicious date for RESIDENCE RELOCATION according to the website.

08/01/2007 Wednesday

08/03/2007 Friday

08/05/2007 Sunday

08/08/2007 Wednesday

08/10/2007 Friday

08/14/2007 Tuesday

08/16/2007 Thursday

08/20/2007 Monday

08/26/2007 Sunday

08/28/2007 Tuesday

Anyway tim_chenie...if u got time also go check out the old type calendar where we rip the pages off one day at a time..u know? the green for weekdays and red for weekends type of calendar the chinese "yao chai dian" give out at the beginning of the year? the calendar also got depict which day good for what and bad for what so u might wanna check it out too.. :disturb:

Looking forward to seeing more pics of the progress as always dude!

Edited by jamez

Hi eR1c, :bleah:

Yeah, kinda rush, so googled and found this website that provides auspicious dates for GRAND OPENING, which we think its same for MOVING IN, and found 16th August 2007, Thursday is very LUCKY, hence thinking of doing so on that date. Any advice whether its true? :disturb:

CONGRATS on moving into your NEW HOUSE, your house really turns out GREAT! :dunno::yamseng:

hmmm... i not very sure about the auspicious dates, u may need to check with FSM or use those Tong Shu to see..

Actually, i haven't "officially" move in yet... just going there every day to fix up furnitures and do some unpacking... i am "officially" shifting in on 9th Aug, and can only reach the new house after 11am. dun ask me why, my dad checked the dates for me...

Ur reno also looking good. from the pics, u have made the kitchen sink above the rubbish chute. i moved my sink from there, coz i dun like to squat down to throw the rubbish.. kekeke

hello tim_chenie..

Should it be under RESIDENCE RELOCATION instead of GRAND OPENING ?

But still ok...cos 16/08/2007 is also an auspicious date for RESIDENCE RELOCATION according to the website.

Anyway tim_chenie...if u got time also go check out the old type calendar where we rip the pages off one day at a time..u know? the green for weekdays and red for weekends type of calendar the chinese "yao chai dian" give out at the beginning of the year? the calendar also got depict which day good for what and bad for what so u might wanna check it out too.. :jawdrop:

Looking forward to seeing more pics of the progress as always dude!

Hi jamez, :)

Glad you visited the website, hope it gives you some idea which date to choose. And thanks for the telling us about the option of RESIDENCE RELOCATION, kinda missed that one out. :P

Yeah, 16 Aug 2007, Thursday seems to be the Luckiest Day of August 2007, according to the website.

Yeah, did manage to saw the old type calendar, but some of description did not makes much sense. Maybe will try to get the Hanyu Pinyin of the description and post it here for some advice. :deal:

Well, not too much was being done up these few days because we requested the lights to be installed after all the painting is done, which happens to be the last renovation item. Anyway, the Kitchen Cabinets might have some delay as the carpenter had not come up with the design plan yet and also need 1 week to install after confirmation, but my contractor says he would try his best to "chase" him for it. :)

Still on the waiting list : :(

1. Installing Bathroom Mosaic Tiles at both bathrooms

2. Installing New Window Grilles **** Room

3. Installing New Windows for Guest Room

4. Installing New Stainless Steel Pipings for Whole house

5. Painting the whole house

6. Installing New Lights and Ceiling Fan for the Whole house

7. Chemical Washing for the Whole house

8. Installing the Kitchen Cabinets

hmmm... i not very sure about the auspicious dates, u may need to check with FSM or use those Tong Shu to see..

Actually, i haven't "officially" move in yet... just going there every day to fix up furnitures and do some unpacking... i am "officially" shifting in on 9th Aug, and can only reach the new house after 11am. dun ask me why, my dad checked the dates for me...

Ur reno also looking good. from the pics, u have made the kitchen sink above the rubbish chute. i moved my sink from there, coz i dun like to squat down to throw the rubbish.. kekeke

Maybe can check with Mr Chong here in the Fengshui Forum for that matter too? :P But he seems quite busy these days, maybe business very good since a lot of people moving house due to good property market. :P Think MaCe also knows a thing or two on Fengshui right? :good: See his post answering some of the member's Fengshui queries.

Yeah, read your T-Blog on your effort to fix up the furnitures, really had to hand it to you. :) By the way, did you take a very long leave from your work?

Wah, shifting in on National Day, everyone is celebrating with you. 8|:D At least your father make an effort to seek advice from someone, so better follow if not waste his effort. :)

Here are some photos taken today:

01 August 2007, Wednesday

The Living Room Floor had been covered to prevent further damage. :notti:

The Window Grilles for the Living Room had also been removed, waiting to install the new one, but did not see any in the house.

The previous posting that it had been changed, was a mistake. :P

The New MCB was also installed over the weekend and lowered to adult height.

01Aug07_01.jpg01Aug07_02.jpg

The Stove Concrete Stand is almost completed, without the Hob in sight cos its not delivered yet. :P

01Aug07_03.jpg

The Master Bedroom Bathroom Wall had been patched with cement.

All the bathroom accessories and house lightings were moved to the Study Room for proper storage. ;):jawdrop:

01Aug07_04.jpg01Aug07_05.jpg

Edited by tim_chenie

Hi jamez, ;)

Glad you visited the website, hope it gives you some idea which date to choose. And thanks for the telling us about the option of RESIDENCE RELOCATION, kinda missed that one out. :)

Yeah, 16 Aug 2007, Thursday seems to be the Luckiest Day of August 2007, according to the website.

Yeah, did manage to saw the old type calendar, but some of description did not makes much sense. Maybe will try to get the Hanyu Pinyin of the description and post it here for some advice. :P

hi Tim_chenie...

No need to get han yu pin yin....here u go...

Picture001.jpg

So how...anyone to translate? I can speak mandarin but super suck at chinese... 8|

Edited by jamez

Hi eR1c, ;)

Yeah, kinda rush, so googled and found this website that provides auspicious dates for GRAND OPENING, which we think its same for MOVING IN, and found 16th August 2007, Thursday is very LUCKY, hence thinking of doing so on that date. Any advice whether its true? :)

tim, auspicious date depends on the birthdate(bazi) of both you and your wife.

It might be a good day but it does not refer to EVERYBODY.

get a FSM, dont anyhow pick dates from the internet, unless the website requires you to key in both of your BAZI.

hi Tim_chenie...

No need to get han yu pin yin....here u go...

Hi jamez,

Thanks for the calendar pix! Hope someone can decipher what is written there. :( Anyone? :(

Have you consulted a FSM yet? If so, care to share your contact? :)

By the way, we did notice a plate with oranges and incense in your first original living room photos, doing some ritual then? Just curious. :)

tim, auspicious date depends on the birthdate(bazi) of both you and your wife.

It might be a good day but it does not refer to EVERYBODY.

get a FSM, dont anyhow pick dates from the internet, unless the website requires you to key in both of your BAZI.

Hi MaCe, :)

Thanks for the advice. Thought of consulting Mr Chong, had PM him our details but seems like he is really busy these days, just hope he is able to give us his views before 16th August. :)

If not, can you PM us some recommendations and how much they charged if you had the contacts.

Thanks in advance! :furious:

Yesterday, our contractor called to inform us that all the major works will be expected to complete by this weekend.

By Major he means installation of windows, bathroom accessories, W/C and basins, water heater, mosaic tiles, stainless steel water pipes.

We have not really settled on the Kitchen Cabinets yet as we are short of budget again. :(

We did not included the electricity and water bills for the new house (which is inclusive of $100 deposit) , the moving fee for the movers and etc.

We will be meeting our contractor tommorow to settle the two bathroom bi-fold doors colours and the final decision on the Kitchen Cabinets.

For now, here's today photo update:

03 August 2007, Friday

Another View of the almost completed Kitchen. The new stainless steel pipes were installed.

The Tilers were there to place the mosaic tiles. They told our contractor that as the mosaic tiles are easily damaged, they wanted to put it up when most of the works are completed, thus the long delay. :P Notice the 2nd piece looks different, it's because they had not ran the white cement over the gaps yet.

03Aug07_01.jpg03Aug07_02.jpg

The stainless steel pipes running from the Kitchen Bathroom along the Guest Room wall, towards the Master Bedroom Bathroom.

03Aug07_03.jpg03Aug07_04.jpg

The new Living Room Window Grille Frame and the new stainless steel pipes running towards the Kitchen.

03Aug07_05.jpg

That's all folks. Enjoy your weekend! :yamseng::sport-smiley-004:

:sport-smiley-004:

Hi jamez,

Thanks for the calendar pix! Hope someone can decipher what is written there. :) Anyone? :bow:

Have you consulted a FSM yet? If so, care to share your contact? 8|

By the way, we did notice a plate with oranges and incense in your first original living room photos, doing some ritual then? Just curious. 8|

Hi Tim_chenie

Nah did not consult any FSM...not dat i dun believe in FS...but juz dat i'm like kinda bochap person lah...if wanna consult FSM scully he say layout must be like this and like dat i dun like how? then know no good liao i dun follow everyday think bout it :notti: ...follow liao then dun like layout everyday go home see already :P ...so never consult loh...juz do and try not to break the major FS no-nos loh haha...

The plate with the oranges, incense and kueh is juz something we did as offering to the "Tu Di Gong" a few days before reno...kinda like keep "Tu Di Gong" informed that reno gonna start and prayed for family peace and harmony loh...juz a very simple ritual lah...and yeah we also took the incense and go to all corners of the house and kinda prayed loh...this one is taught by my wife's dad and some of her friends... :)

Looking forward to more pics! :)

Hi Tim_chenie,

Nah did not consult any FSM...not dat i dun believe in FS...but juz dat i'm like kinda bochap person lah...if wanna consult FSM scully he say layout must be like this and like dat i dun like how? then know no good liao i dun follow everyday think bout it :unsure: ...follow liao then dun like layout everyday go home see already :bleah: ...so never consult loh...juz do and try not to break the major FS no-nos loh haha...

The plate with the oranges, incense and kueh is juz something we did as offering to the "Tu Di Gong" a few days before reno...kinda like keep "Tu Di Gong" informed that reno gonna start and prayed for family peace and harmony loh...juz a very simple ritual lah...and yeah we also took the incense and go to all corners of the house and kinda prayed loh...this one is taught by my wife's dad and some of her friends... :notti:

Looking forward to more pics! :D

Hi jamez, :)

Agree with you on that. :D We don't want to be reminded everyday that we did not follow the FSM if we went ahead with our way of decorating our place. :)

But then again, if simple things such as placing a plant or an small ornament here and there does not involve too much hassle, there's no harm in giving it a try. ;)

OIC, thanks for the insight on the "Tu Di Gong" ceremony. :)

Yeah, we are also looking forward to see more of your renovation pics too. ;)

We had a meeting with our contractor yesterday to settle on the W/C bowls and basins, and also inform the tiler where to install the bathroom accessories. We have not really settle the Kitchen Cabinets yet, so there might be some delay, but the carpenter promised to complete the installation 4 days after confirmation.

Here's some update photos:

04 August 2007, Saturday

Nothing much changes in the Kitchen, except for the near completion of the Mosaic Tiles in the Kitchen Bathroom.

04Aug07_01.jpg04Aug07_02.jpg

The old lights taken down and the Ariston Water Heater, that is going to be installed on Monday.

The 7-piece Bathroom Accessories for the Master Bedroom Bathroom.

The near completion of the Mosaic Tiles in the Master Bedroom Bathroom.

04Aug07_03.jpg04Aug07_04.jpg04Aug07_05.jpg

That's all folks, 5 more days to go for the "Sport The Defects" exercise. :notti:

P.S. : By the way, we was unsure if we are eligible for the July Utilities Bill GST Rebate, as we did not get the $105 GST Rebate for 4-rm indicated when we received our Utility Bill.

Can someone share some insight on this with us? :unsure: Thanks in advance. :)

:yamseng:

Hi jamez, ;)

Agree with you on that. :notti: We don't want to be reminded everyday that we did not follow the FSM if we went ahead with our way of decorating our place. :)

But then again, if simple things such as placing a plant or an small ornament here and there does not involve too much hassle, there's no harm in giving it a try. :notti:

OIC, thanks for the insight on the "Tu Di Gong" ceremony. :)

Yeah, we are also looking forward to see more of your renovation pics too. :D

We had a meeting with our contractor yesterday to settle on the W/C bowls and basins, and also inform the tiler where to install the bathroom accessories. We have not really settle the Kitchen Cabinets yet, so there might be some delay, but the carpenter promised to complete the installation 4 days after confirmation.

Here's some update photos:

04 August 2007, Saturday

Nothing much changes in the Kitchen, except for the near completion of the Mosaic Tiles in the Kitchen Bathroom.

That's all folks, 5 more days to go for the "Sport The Defects" exercise. :bleah:

P.S. : By the way, we was unsure if we are eligible for the July Utilities Bill GST Rebate, as we did not get the $105 GST Rebate for 4-rm indicated when we received our Utility Bill.

Can someone share some insight on this with us? :unsure: Thanks in advance. :)

:yamseng:

Hello tim_chenie...

wah seems like we r quite alike in nature when dealing in FS stuff haha...i also dun mind small small issues like where put plant and stuff like dat... ;)

wah 5 more days...so fast...im sure ur looking forward to it... :D

:unsure:

Hi tim,

Im not veli good with fengshui n stuff but just to highlight that the "ghost mth" starts on 13th Aug n most "pantang" wont move hse (or do anything major for that matter) in the lunar 7th mth...

The calender says that 16th Aug is ok for "Dongtu" though.....If ur not looking for FSM to haf special dates etc, actually chu-yi (the 1st) or 15th of normal-lunar calendar mth (NOT lunar 7th mth) will do for Dongtu....

For moving in, if u reali dun mind moving in lunar 7th mth, den I guess anyday will do bah.....(NOT 14th of lunar 7th mth)....

Hi tim,

Im not veli good with fengshui n stuff but just to highlight that the "ghost mth" starts on 13th Aug n most "pantang" wont move hse (or do anything major for that matter) in the lunar 7th mth...

The calender says that 16th Aug is ok for "Dongtu" though.....If ur not looking for FSM to haf special dates etc, actually chu-yi (the 1st) or 15th of normal-lunar calendar mth (NOT lunar 7th mth) will do for Dongtu....

For moving in, if u reali dun mind moving in lunar 7th mth, den I guess anyday will do bah.....(NOT 14th of lunar 7th mth)....

aiya... although me BERI into FS. but depends on individual lor...you believe - it exists, you dont believe-nothing exists. Like my bro, he didnt even dongtu or whatever or choose date, just renovate on the day he likes, move in on the day he likes, typical atheist simi-also-heckcare person. :P