Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
heynsl

Keeping Gr In Hdb?

Does anyone know whether how high the chances of writting in to AVA or HDB to request for keeping a golden retriever dog in HDB???

I had a GR with me and staying in landed estate with my parent but i plan to move out and get a HDB...

I can't possibly abandon my GR at my parent's house because i am the owner of it...

At the moment I know that HDB cannot keep GR but if i write in to appeal, wonder how high the chances will be for approval???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

IMHO there is no chance

cat owners have appealed donkeys years, hold press conference with AVA and HDB but cats are still banned in flats :)

actually as long as your neighbours dun complain it's still alright

hdb almost never take action unless complaints were received :D

IMHO there is no chance

cat owners have appealed donkeys years, hold press conference with AVA and HDB but cats are still banned in flats :)

actually as long as your neighbours dun complain it's still alright

hdb almost never take action unless complaints were received :D

i saw many hdb dwellers keep golden retrievers leh especially my area and bishan....no licensed?

Ya....my neighnour last time also keep 2 big dogs in their 3 room flat. As long as no one complains and the dogs dun bite or bark anyhow, dun tink there will be any problems ba....

I'm a muslim and have a neighbor who owned a big dog. Not sure of type of dog... but very big lah. Not only that... he also have 4 cats in his 3 room flat. I don't mind as long as the dog is kept on leash and he being a responsible owner. I guess it all depends on your neighbor lor and you make sure your dog don't escape and attack people can already.

Maybe I have no complain because I have pets also and love animals.

This has nothing to do with muslim neighbours.

You will never be officially allowed to keep a big dog in HDB flat, so don't waste time.

If you want to keep it nevertheless, better pray that no one complains.

But the point of the restriction is, if the dog is so big, will it be happy cooped up in a small HDB flat?

Where I stay now, a resident in the next block has 3 GRs. They are very well-behaved, never barked and can see that the neighbours do like the dogs. It really depends on your neighbours and how you train your dogs.

As for these thing about muslims dun like dogs, when I was taking malay language courses, my malay teacher told us that when Prophet Mohamed told his disciples not to go near dogs, he meant it differently. Back during those times, rabies was common and that was why he told his disciples not to go near dogs to avoid catching any diseases. However, the message was distorted and today dog is treated as "haram" by the muslims. Anyway, better not to discuss any sensitive religious issue....

Where I stay now, a resident in the next block has 3 GRs. They are very well-behaved, never barked and can see that the neighbours do like the dogs. It really depends on your neighbours and how you train your dogs.

As for these thing about muslims dun like dogs, when I was taking malay language courses, my malay teacher told us that when Prophet Mohamed told his disciples not to go near dogs, he meant it differently. Back during those times, rabies was common and that was why he told his disciples not to go near dogs to avoid catching any diseases. However, the message was distorted and today dog is treated as "haram" by the muslims. Anyway, better not to discuss any sensitive religious issue....

GR are more like nanny - not guard dogs, they seldom bark and most likely would even lick the thief who breaks in. They are well known to take care of human children....preventing kids from falling into pools, fires..etc

Arabs keep dogs to guard their herds of sheeps.(not history, right now).

Was told by malay friends that it's a malay culture not religion cos for religion it's the dog's saliva that they are not allow to touch, thats all.

it's just like cats in hdb

it's not allowed but tons of pple have them

as long as no complaints, all is well :drunk:

yah lor.. poor cats !

i feel that it's the pet owner's responsibilities to ensure that their pets are not a nuisance to others. i tink golden retriever quite nice.. so big and friendly..hehe !

yes totally agree that it's the pet owner's responsibilities :dunno:

but it'll be good to stay on the ground floor if you want to keep big dogs or bring them down only late at night like what my neighbours are doing

my other neighbour used to bring his dogs down in the late morning, in the end kenna complained coz pple who took the lift refused to enter with his dogs - GR, lab retriever and full-size border colly :drunk:

in the end the GR was given away and he brought his dogs down only late afternoon when not so many human use the lift :notti: :notti:

GR are more like nanny - not guard dogs, they seldom bark and most likely would even lick the thief who breaks in. They are well known to take care of human children....preventing kids from falling into pools, fires..etc

Arabs keep dogs to guard their herds of sheeps.(not history, right now).

Was told by malay friends that it's a malay culture not religion cos for religion it's the dog's saliva that they are not allow to touch, thats all.

Whether is Malay race, or a Malay religion issue, it's still not acceptable by their point of view. I fully agree the GR is very friendly and to a dog.. friendly means licking. But licking involves saliva, and to others, it's deemed an attack!

I was at ECP beach, and witnessed an incident tat really got me thinking. There was this auntie who unleashed her GR so that it can play with the waves. Suddenly. a whole group of swimmers suddenly left the water as if someone saw a shark. Then I realise.. a big malay family were swimming in the water and suddenly saw a charging dog. The Auntie behave as if nothing wrong. I felt she was inconsiderate.

Anyway.. if big dog in small apt is an issue, how come private apts dun have this AVA restriction? The reason is that HDB adopts public policy, and in Sg.. there are strict leash laws, not so much because Sg is urban, but because to some segments of the population, it's not exactly an acceptable creature.

Whether is Malay race, or a Malay religion issue, it's still not acceptable by their point of view. I fully agree the GR is very friendly and to a dog.. friendly means licking. But licking involves saliva, and to others, it's deemed an attack!

I was at ECP beach, and witnessed an incident tat really got me thinking. There was this auntie who unleashed her GR so that it can play with the waves. Suddenly. a whole group of swimmers suddenly left the water as if someone saw a shark. Then I realise.. a big malay family were swimming in the water and suddenly saw a charging dog. The Auntie behave as if nothing wrong. I felt she was inconsiderate.

Anyway.. if big dog in small apt is an issue, how come private apts dun have this AVA restriction? The reason is that HDB adopts public policy, and in Sg.. there are strict leash laws, not so much because Sg is urban, but because to some segments of the population, it's not exactly an acceptable creature.

ya, it all boils down to responsiblity and consideration. theres no need for rules if everyone behaves.

a 4room flat near me, owners just let their small dogs **** at the concrete void deck!:drunk: not on the grass. :dunno: