Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Day 8 - Meeting with ID

Just got back from almost 4 hours meeting with my ID, today we are finalising the colour of material, choice of laminates, counter top and also all the cabinet layout.

I been thinking this will be a fast and painless meeting. Until I was asked to look at different shades of grey (lucky not 50 shades hahahah, I know is a very lame joke) try to find the one that match the counter top or the cabinets laminates. Discuss which side the door should swing, which type of blum I should use on each and every drawers.

All I can say this 4 hours I can really see how much effort that my ID have put into this planning, they also push back my idea (I told them to challenge me if needed to) and justify to me why it won't work base on the colour tone or material of the design. This is the main colour that I am going for Grey, White and Brown.

So now everything is almost done, so next will be lots of shopping and paying for the item I shortlisted for the past few months.

Edited by nextstep

All the best the longest meeting is out of the way. Fast hand fast legs from here.

Yes, they also tell me after this will be very fast liao, the most crazy things is I am going overseas this coming week and will be away for a week.

Day 8 - Shortlisted Kitchen Appliance

So with this meeting I have also have to decide what I am going to get for my kitchen,

Means very soon my wallet will be burn a big hole, don't like that but have to because I think this will be all a good investment.

Oven - Bosch Steam Oven

MCSA00773878_421350_CSG636BS1_def.png

Cooker Hood - Bosch Chimney

MCSA00661301_DWB091E50_def.png

Hobs - Teka 3 cooking zone

320507559.teka-cgw-lux-60-3g-ai-al-tr.jp

Sink - Teka Undermount

BE%20LINEA%20R10%20720.400.jpg

Fridge - Hitachi Multidoor

RD5000S-XK.jpg

Grey is nice! Almost all my laminates are grey too 😂

Your carpentry will probably take 1 week to be fabricated. By the time u are back from your trip, the carpenters will probably be starting to instal them... So I think it's just nice.

Edited by ZzzMonster

Carpentry so fast one meh? Why I always hear is 2-4 weeks... Haha!

And great list!! Confirm super big hole in pocket but... Very chio the electronics. Haha.

Grey is nice! Almost all my laminates are grey too

Your carpentry will probably take 1 week to be fabricated. By the time u are back from your trip, the carpenters will probably be starting to instal them... So I think it's just nice.

Have to say the grey is nice but is not a colour I will explore if I do this alone. The ID really take me out of my comfort zone to ask to take some risk.

But I do think it will turn out nice lah (finger cross) like your super nice house.

Don't think the carpentry will be in so soon, I think they are still building the wall. Maybe mid nov I think.

Carpentry so fast one meh? Why I always hear is 2-4 weeks... Haha!

And great list!! Confirm super big hole in pocket but... Very chio the electronics. Haha.

Yes will be bleeding till like no tomorrow, but after see so many of them those are the one I really like. So go for it lor.

LOL... my tv area ceiling.. I painting it GREY hahahahahahhaaha and the wall behind also GREY.... The rest all White.. Lets see how the result.. That is so daring for me as well :)

LOL... my tv area ceiling.. I painting it GREY hahahahahahhaaha and the wall behind also GREY.... The rest all White.. Lets see how the result.. That is so daring for me as well :)

Hahaha. Another similar item.

I think you are more adventurous bro, not only Grey and also red at your kitchen. But with your designer I am sure it will look nice.

I think our dry vanity area also will look similar as well.

Hahaha. Another similar item.

You also grey? I think grey is in hehehe!!!

Grey is defo in :)

My house is in grey and greige too

my counter top also

Grey gives a cosy feeling ;)

Mine is more in the dark grey tone. Floor also grey hahaha

I wanted to do a charcoal grey, Ang mo style, in my bedroom, but no guts... Went with light clean colors for safety. Lol. :)

But those with dark navy and grey super nice