Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
karen77sg

How Long Hv U Been In Yr Current Job?

agreed.... think i am hoping for the idealistic scenario... have a great working envt and colleagues at the same time yield great satisfaction in watever i do... of course must come with good renumeration package... ;)

though ideally, i will wish for a career... (defn: do sth which yield great satisfaction), i am just holding to a job... (defn: work to get money to pay for all the necessities and wants... )

!!

I am sure everyone will want such idealistic scenario, but really cannot hv best of both worlds....

We just work for the sake of VITAMIN M!

for me my job is something that pays for the things i love

like my furry babies' food, my travel, my new home

without it i'll not be what i am today

colleagues come and go, whether they backstab you or become good friends with you

it's part and parcel of working :)

Ya....sometimes come to tink of it, everywhere we go is the same, it all depends on yrself!

In my job for 3 years 9 mths liao...

Really dragging myself to work every single day...

Trying really hard to hold out till Dec, get the 13th mth liao den leave...

But then again, i'm sure loads of people will be thinking of the same thing too...

Hai...

Should i just make a move now???

Me also holding on...for me will be trying to send out the resumes on Nov/Dec, then slowly slowly find, then got good one, will tender before CNY. At least while serving the notice, I still can enjoy CNY before starting on the new job.... :yamseng:;):notti: Bt still considering la...mabbe c how is the increment on Jan lor...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

that's a good idea... to serve notice period during CNY... :notti: i am also planning to leave only after jan... must get my dec bonus first.. hee... but now looking out for oppts loh... who knows when oppt strikes?? heee... :notti:

Wah....SammieGirl, yr job seems interesting and stress-less leh...so envy!

Wah! 7 years!!!!!!!!!! I doubt I can be so loyal to a company!

Wah...applefreak! Then I need yr advice liao lor....How do u work in the same company for 9 years?

I understand there are ups and downs....bt I really feel so sianz by the 3rd year of service. Not to the extent

of dragging myself to work la...bt sick of the job scope lor....Hmm...still figuring whether I can survive for the next year or not :dunno: U must hv enjoyed yr job and yr colleagues should be good ba!

For me, the environment not tat good.....so still considering and considering whether to lok for new opportunity....Bt there is a saying lor "Every company is the same"....

Leen....I really :bow::bow::bow::bow::bow: to you.........

Dunno how u guys manages.....

No la...I like to work....bt ya la...cannot find something tat we LOVE!

Everyday is like...."Yi Tian Guo Yi Tian"....

lin_stapler, good luck to u.....hopefully a head hunter will come hunt for u soon.....

Wah.....guess tat I hv the least years of service in this thread......really feel pai say....

Bt I really hope to find a company and job tat I like and settle down for as long as possible...

Bt dun tink possible la, cos sometimes we really cannot hv the best of both worlds... :furious:

everyday i juz gong gong jia tee gong lor :P den suddenly days start to fly :o

1 tip for working with colleagues that you dun like or hate to hv... or ways to entertain yourselve at the expense of your colleagues... :P:good:

whenever you look at them or they talk to you, visualise them like gundu mayam with swollen eyes, ping pong ball mouth, crooked nose, only 1 eyebrow, big elephant ears, chimpanzee hair, den you will start smiling at them... and they will start thinking you like them, and they will think you are vy nice...

and as they start to talk, you juz visualise got flies fly into their mouth, arrows from other ppl hit their heads, back, backside, etc. den you will really want to smile alot... :P:good::(

everyday i juz gong gong jia tee gong lor :sport-smiley-004: den suddenly days start to fly :good:

1 tip for working with colleagues that you dun like or hate to hv... or ways to entertain yourselve at the expense of your colleagues... :dancingqueen::notti:

whenever you look at them or they talk to you, visualise them like gundu mayam with swollen eyes, ping pong ball mouth, crooked nose, only 1 eyebrow, big elephant ears, chimpanzee hair, den you will start smiling at them... and they will start thinking you like them, and they will think you are vy nice...

and as they start to talk, you juz visualise got flies fly into their mouth, arrows from other ppl hit their heads, back, backside, etc. den you will really want to smile alot... :yamseng::good::yamseng:

I dun tink I can do tat, I tink I will end up laffing and walk away cos I really cannot continue on with the

conversation....My imagination is just not good enuff...

Im only 1.5+ yrs in my current job. First job lasted 4yrs...2nd job 1yr...now is 3rd job. I tink i will leave after getting my dip thou....'A' levels only is juz useless. Considering to take up a biz admin part-time dip with SP...but will take me 4yrs to get it....Dun tink i will ever save enuf to take a pte degree so i guess i will juz go for it.

But actually, i hate changing jobs leh...im the kind who hates to go for interviews, hate writing cover letters & resumes, hate having to settle down in a new environment all over again. Im juz super lazy! Unless the job affects my health or the bonus is juz too **** miserable, i tink im the type who will stay until company close down !!

Wah cheesecake....u hv the same spirit as my mum...work until the company close down...

Whichever company hv u is a blessing man...cos u r a loyal employee...

I am opposite to my mum....will not stay long in a company...sign...perhaps when I get older, then

I will settle down for long ba.....

actually its true... hate to change coy, esp if your current job environment is comfy.. for me, my 1st hm is office, 2nd hm den my own lovenest... :wub:

I was in the same company for the longest time. My one and only job!:wub:

I had a job-attachement in this xxx company during my Pre-U days (1989).

Since then, i never stop working for them. I basically part-time in that company

during all my school vacation. Finally, after my graduation, i worked for them

full time (1995). I finally left the company for good when i had my first kid (2002).

So, all in all... 6years part-time & 7years full time in the same company.

Was still pretty much "in-love" with the company. But family comes first...

I was in the same company for the longest time. My one and only job!:good:

I had a job-attachement in this xxx company during my Pre-U days (1989).

Since then, i never stop working for them. I basically part-time in that company

during all my school vacation. Finally, after my graduation, i worked for them

full time (1995). I finally left the company for good when i had my first kid (2002).

So, all in all... 6years part-time & 7years full time in the same company.

Was still pretty much "in-love" with the company. But family comes first...

Wow.... :notti: I guess if one day u decided to go back to work for them, they will still

welcome u back...

For me.... 7 and a half yr... first job after grad...

consider to change b4.. but boss treat me too gd till i dun feel like leaving..

pay wise not so gd but still can survive at the moment..

to me most impt boss treat me well, colleagues are good and most impt is i got alot of freedom... whether the methods to do things and can surf net freely...

Wah! 7 years!8|!:notti:!:notti:! I doubt I can be so loyal to a company!

Not actually loyal lah, more like job stability, slightly average bonus payout, and company share offers that's all.

to me most impt boss treat me well, colleagues are good and most impt is i got alot of freedom... whether the methods to do things and can surf net freely...

Ya...sometimes environment plays a very impt role...if u r highly paid, bt everyday go to work is like dragging yrself there and come back crying, then wat is the use?

Most impt is to feel happi at work!

Not actually loyal lah, more like job stability, slightly average bonus payout, and company share offers that's all.

same here lor.. my boss super gd, give me all freedom to plan and manage my wk, always give us treat (and i mean the whole dept) although he's not owner of coy, talk to us like friend/uncle, got yearly increment, bonus, coy shares... :P:dribble::fire::good:

of coz there are some black sheeps in coy who like to arrow ppl's back... but generally, which coy dun hv :dribble:

... and oso can surf net freely... oni cannot anyhw download stuffs.. wait kana virus, den IT dept cum after me den die oredy lor :)8|