Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Wedding Album

we din know and we're not that particular abt the layout

i've absolute faith in the designer and i believe she will do a good job

moreover, she did showed us several samples on what we wanted so it was alrite that we din review it before the final copy

its up to individual. :dancingqueen:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
I wana see too!! hehe...i v kpo :P

katvolution, we exchange see see!! :P

I also want to see yours leh... But mine, got to wait till Jan leh. Super long.. My neck is longer than my arm liao. :P

oh... u will cfm with the designer the final layout before the finalised album? coz for me, i din know can see layout first :P

so the designer just go ahead with watever design she tinks is nice

the only restriction i gave her was the number of poses per page. coz i dun wan it to appear too small and waste my $$ on dat pose :lol:

ur boy very sweet leh :)

i tink it's quite normal for them to take some time to do the layout. i only got all the albums and photos 1 mth before my AD

kat, i use Air's exchange with urs see see?:dancingqueen::dunno::rofl:

Yup, got another appt with them to view the layout. For my cases, I had 6 photos in a row that have 'storyline'. Die die got to put them together, arbo the feeling will be lost liao. So, we trust the designer with it, then we just see the final product can liao. According to him, he can edit on the spot if we want changes.

Hm....on a separate note, just wana say that the so-called "normal" photos doesn't refer to those type "one piece one piece take out to see kind". It simply means full page photo without other photo add-ins. U think you take the photos in China meh?? nowadays where got bridal shop dare to give you one piece take out to see kind and charge you that ridiculous price?!?! U think they stupid or u think they think we stupid willing to pay for such photos?!? If u get such photos, i think you really dio tok :P

katvolution, my AD also in Feb! Will be getting my album in Dec....i think normal waiting time is 2months plus for album to be ready ba...

That was what I am thinking too. Normal shots or poses refer to those full page with no add-ins. Korea, you mean you got those 'can take out and see' photos ar???

Air, yours also in Feb? End of Feb or mid? Mine is very near to CNY leh!!

ehh u very li hai ah...then i take yours and exchange with kat?? :notti:

Don't argue here. I want to see both your albums!:notti: Air's album is not out yet leh. I see Fifi's 1st lar can? :notti:

its up to individual. :dunno:

:notti: finally u know how to say this!! :P

For my cases, I had 6 photos in a row that have 'storyline'. Die die got to put them together, arbo the feeling will be lost liao. Don't argue here. I want to see both your albums!:dancingqueen: Air's album is not out yet leh. I see Fifi's 1st lar can? :P

storyline of course must put together!! else dun have story line liaoz!! :P

er... one hand pass money one hand pass goods! :notti:

:dancingqueen: finally u know how to say this!! :notti:

storyline of course must put together!! else dun have story line liaoz!! :P

er... one hand pass money one hand pass goods! :P

Aiyo...Like that must wait till Jan ar? :P Sad leh. I thought I can see your album liao. :dunno:

But hor, in the 1st place, how to view online? Meaning once I get the ROM, I got to load it online, eg, those photobucket etc?

I also want to see yours leh... But mine, got to wait till Jan leh. Super long.. My neck is longer than my arm liao. :notti:

Yup, got another appt with them to view the layout. For my cases, I had 6 photos in a row that have 'storyline'. Die die got to put them together, arbo the feeling will be lost liao. So, we trust the designer with it, then we just see the final product can liao. According to him, he can edit on the spot if we want changes.

That was what I am thinking too. Normal shots or poses refer to those full page with no add-ins. Korea, you mean you got those 'can take out and see' photos ar???

Air, yours also in Feb? End of Feb or mid? Mine is very near to CNY leh!!

Don't argue here. I want to see both your albums!:dancingqueen: Air's album is not out yet leh. I see Fifi's 1st lar can? :P

Hey mine near CNY too!! haha....in fact, extremely near leh...

I split mine into 2 days...AD on 2nd Feb, banquet on 3rd Feb...when's yours?

Aiyo...Like that must wait till Jan ar? :dancingqueen: Sad leh. I thought I can see your album liao. :notti:

But hor, in the 1st place, how to view online? Meaning once I get the ROM, I got to load it online, eg, those photobucket etc?

create an account in www.multiply.com

u can upload ur photos there :P

Korea, you mean you got those 'can take out and see' photos ar???

no, ours are magazine digital style. i thought you referred to those traditional ones. haha. :dancingqueen:

Aiyo...Like that must wait till Jan ar? :notti: Sad leh. I thought I can see your album liao. :P

Load on photo sharing website. Ehh u go load on multiply lah...then we can add here add there, i see you, you see me....so happy... :dancingqueen:

Edited by Air

actually there r 2 options: digital and the "traditional" photo format

digital = those taken by SLR camera i.e the final output in softcopy

traditional = taken by film camera (i.e output in actual photo), they have those classical film roll for us to develope next time

but heard from BS that noone uses the film camera anymore.

Can they edit photos using those film camera? If cannot, think no one will use them anymore. For people like me who is not born pretty, got to edit here and there to make myself look better.

But I did tell the designer not to edit mine leh. I wanna keep the most original 'us'. In future, my boy and I can still laugh over our crooked face or saggy eyebags. :dancingqueen:

actually there r 2 options: digital and the "traditional" photo format

digital = those taken by SLR camera i.e the final output in softcopy

traditional = taken by film camera (i.e output in actual photo), they have those classical film roll for us to develope next time

but heard from BS that noone uses the film camera anymore.

ya, none BS is using traditional type liao lor. too old fashioned. :dancingqueen:

usually, they use digital type. all the final output in softcopy. :notti: that's why the price is very expensive. :P

I think I must be one of the few brides who didnt top up anything at all for the photos.

I did my pre-wedding photo ala carte i.e not with bridal studio. We managed to grab a CNY package from Chris Ling at a special price of about $1k for 28 pages of 8R photos (1 photo on 1 page). [he usually charge $3k & more for prewedding shots]

We took over 400+ photos (he used a digital camera). There were a few shots of each poses (one smile, one no smile, one hand raised, one hand down etc). After eliminating similiar shots, it is effectively about 100 photos.

From there, we hard-heartedly trim down to exactly 28 photos.

We were asked if we like to top up to

i) change the album from the older version to a new thai silk cover

ii) change from one photo to many photos per page (i think what you call digital?)

iii) bigger size photo 10R / 12R

We rejected all top up because

i) we queued for the special package because we want to lower our cost. If we were to top up, it defeats the purchase of saving cost in the 1st place

ii) we felt that the photos look better one pix on one page instead of many photos (montage) as we felt that his designer's skills were not that good. Moreover the photos were good enough to stand on its own

iii) the album cover is but cosmetic, and we can live with the older cover

iv) we felt the 8R size is handy and fine with us (lighter too!)

To Chris Ling's credit, the sales people were still friendly and professional even though we were on a special promo package, and didnt top up everything. Top Service!

Did we regret not topping up? Yes and No. Yes, of course I was tempted to top up at that time. I would like more of the photos we took - afterall Chris is a great photographer.

No, because we saved money, and the album has been in storage ever since after our wedding!:dancingqueen:

But of course, this is all a personal choice and decision between the couple. Whatever it is, enjoy your special day :notti:

Can they edit photos using those film camera? If cannot, think no one will use them anymore. For people like me who is not born pretty, got to edit here and there to make myself look better.

But I did tell the designer not to edit mine leh. I wanna keep the most original 'us'. In future, my boy and I can still laugh over our crooked face or saggy eyebags. :dancingqueen:

i tink certain editing still can be done? i'm not too sure

coz for my ROM, i requested my PG to use film camera and he did a good job too! :P

so since the photos turn out to be nice, shd be edited before :P

I think I must be one of the few brides who didnt top up anything at all for the photos.

I did my pre-wedding photo ala carte i.e not with bridal studio. We managed to grab a CNY package from Chris Ling at a special price of about $1k for 28 pages of 8R photos (1 photo on 1 page). [he usually charge $3k & more for prewedding shots]

We took over 400+ photos (he used a digital camera). There were a few shots of each poses (one smile, one no smile, one hand raised, one hand down etc). After eliminating similiar shots, it is effectively about 100 photos.

From there, we hard-heartedly trim down to exactly 28 photos.

We were asked if we like to top up to

i) change the album from the older version to a new thai silk cover

ii) change from one photo to many photos per page (i think what you call digital?)

iii) bigger size photo 10R / 12R

We rejected all top up because

i) we queued for the special package because we want to lower our cost. If we were to top up, it defeats the purchase of saving cost in the 1st place

ii) we felt that the photos look better one pix on one page instead of many photos (montage) as we felt that his designer's skills were not that good. Moreover the photos were good enough to stand on its own

iii) the album cover is but cosmetic, and we can live with the older cover

iv) we felt the 8R size is handy and fine with us (lighter too!)

To Chris Ling's credit, the sales people were still friendly and professional even though we were on a special promo package, and didnt top up everything. Top Service!

Did we regret not topping up? Yes and No. Yes, of course I was tempted to top up at that time. I would like more of the photos we took - afterall Chris is a great photographer.

No, because we saved money, and the album has been in storage ever since after our wedding!:notti:

But of course, this is all a personal choice and decision between the couple. Whatever it is, enjoy your special day :dunno:

chris ling's really :P

my colleague took up their package for photoshoot and AD. really nicely done!

:rofl:

Err, I think most ppl will display for their guests to view on AD. Abit pointless to remind me.. :rolleyes:

I never tell the designer leh. I leave it to him to decide. My artistic sense is like 0.07% only. :sport-smiley-004:

Ahem. I don't quite get what you are trying to say. :dunno:

Ya lor. Super expensive right? I also super heart pain when my boy paid half for deposit yesterday. But did your bridal shop return you all the photos via CD Rom?

got return us, pay so much still dont return us will 8|8| them

My AD quite near u guys too! end of Jan 08 =)

also dont know when then can see the actual album but we just got the cd-rom at least can go make invitation cards le. =)

Hey mine near CNY too!! haha....in fact, extremely near leh...

I split mine into 2 days...AD on 2nd Feb, banquet on 3rd Feb...when's yours?

Oh. Yours is before new year, mine is during CNY!! :sport-smiley-004: My AD is on the 13 Feb, 'chu 7' for lunar calendar. Still consider CNY lor..

Opps, we OT liao right?

Load on photo sharing website. Ehh u go load on multiply lah...then we can add here add there, i see you, you see me....so happy... :dunno:

:rolleyes: Multiply ar? I had heard about it but never register before. How long does it take to load everything in?

i tink certain editing still can be done? i'm not too sure

coz for my ROM, i requested my PG to use film camera and he did a good job too! 8|

so since the photos turn out to be nice, shd be edited before :lol:

chris ling's really 8|

my colleague took up their package for photoshoot and AD. really nicely done!

Look good cause you look great without editing mah. No need to be so humble leh.. :rofl:

got return us, pay so much still dont return us will 8|8| them

My AD quite near u guys too! end of Jan 08 =)

also dont know when then can see the actual album but we just got the cd-rom at least can go make invitation cards le. =)

Does your package include those printed photos that you can give to your relatives and friends?