Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
katvolution

Wedding Album

Photo studios are moving to digital instead of film because

1) most cameras these days are in digital format

2) digital is 'cheaper' - only need memory card. film cost more; still need to develop

3) instant result - can see on screen. can edit using photoshop. Not like film, need to develop then can see result. Touch up is on the film itself which takes more time.

Colors, contrast are richer in film. B/w still look best in film. Unless you're taking scenery or high constrast photo, to the non pro like us, and in wedding photos, the difference between film & digital are not that obvious.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Look good cause you look great without editing mah. No need to be so humble leh.. :rolleyes:

Does your package include those printed photos that you can give to your relatives and friends?

no no.... i'm not natural beauty :rofl:

Ops... there i go again!! :sport-smiley-004:

u all will put the photos on the reception table for frens and relatives to take?

we have dat too but we din put on the reception... coz we feel it's strange for ppl who hardly know us to take oso... later throw into the rubbish chute how? :dunno:

no no.... i'm not natural beauty :rofl:

Ops... there i go again!! :sport-smiley-004:

u all will put the photos on the reception table for frens and relatives to take?

we have dat too but we din put on the reception... coz we feel it's strange for ppl who hardly know us to take oso... later throw into the rubbish chute how? :dunno:

I won't put it on the reception table for ppl to take lar. Most likely, will only give them to the closer and long time friends. Must also give my mummy. She will can check out my photos if she misses me. :rolleyes:

But they also never print alot mah, if put on reception table, confirm not enuff one. How many does your bridal package gives?

I won't put it on the reception table for ppl to take lar. Most likely, will only give them to the closer and long time friends. Must also give my mummy. She will can check out my photos if she misses me. :sport-smiley-004:

But they also never print alot mah, if put on reception table, confirm not enuff one. How many does your bridal package gives?

i'm abit blurz about the number. i only know in all i have 48 pcs. which means either 8 poses, 6 pcs each, or 6 poses, 8 pcs each :rolleyes:

my BS put the photos dat we have chosen into 2 4R booklets. so 1 booklet for my MIL and the other for my mum :dunno:

I won't put it on the reception table for ppl to take lar. Most likely, will only give them to the closer and long time friends. Must also give my mummy. She will can check out my photos if she misses me. :sport-smiley-004:

Actually my bridal shop also got give me these photos to give to relatives. I had 60 photos. But we didn't want and exchanged for one 8R photo plus frame. Cos I think nobody wants our photos lah...give my parents they also keep in cupboard collect dust and they nvr mentioned they want any leh.

Actually my bridal shop also got give me these photos to give to relatives. I had 60 photos. But we didn't want and exchanged for one 8R photo plus frame. Cos I think nobody wants our photos lah...give my parents they also keep in cupboard collect dust and they nvr mentioned they want any leh.

ya... now the excess i oso keep in drawer :sport-smiley-004:

we took it coz we wanna give it to hubby's godparents

initially wanna exchange 1 of the 4R booklet into 2 2R booklets. but it's like a bit too small so decided not.

Edited by Fifi

i'm abit blurz about the number. i only know in all i have 48 pcs. which means either 8 poses, 6 pcs each, or 6 poses, 8 pcs each :dunno:

my BS put the photos dat we have chosen into 2 4R booklets. so 1 booklet for my MIL and the other for my mum :rofl:

Mine is same as urs. I got 48. 8 poses X 6 each.

Alamak!! Why I never think of exchanging for a bigger photo ar? :sport-smiley-004:

I know my mummy will want, cause she had my photos in her wallet, together with both my brothers. :rolleyes:

I always thought that it's a great waste to spend thousands over some photos. That was how I felt when my friend told me she top up 6-7K for her wedding album and photos. That was 4 years back. At that point of time, when I get married in future, I won't bother spending so much on wedding photos.

BUT.

I went down to view and select my wedding photos with my hubby yesterday. I ended up choosing more than what my package offers me. :):)

Do you guys face this too?

My questions are :

1) On the average, how many photos are you entitled to in your bridal package?

2) How many photos had you top up for?

3) What is the amount you top up for the extra photos?

Pardon my lame questions. I took up my bridal package without shopping around as it was introduced by a good friend of mine. Hope to get answers here. :yamseng:

is liddat one la.. i told my mum confidently dat i wun end up like my sis, 5yrs ago she topped up an extra album, but dat time cheap la.. oni slightly over $1k nia.

but hor, i ended choosing more than twice the no. of poses i was supposed to haf.. so much more than my sis coz last time her additional album was oni 24pics.

as my album was magazine style, i was allowed to choose 42poses..

i ended up with 101poses, which is 59poses addidtional (dats ard 6 rounds of shortlisting)

had to pay extra $2288 on top of my $3888 BS package. in return, i was given extra 4R photos and thank-you cards to give-away. the big portrait bcoms bigger n digital magazine style. i haf two magazine albums, one for outdoor n one for indoor but oni 24pages each coz they go n put 4-5poses per pages. i prefer max 3poses per page nia. but too late la..

total i spent $6128 on my BS package liao. to add on tis, i still haf a $1000 deposit with another BS which i signed on impulse before the current BS.

Edited by bluberi

wow...u gals really top up a lot. i guess the BS has done a great job. :)

to me mine is so-so nia. i feel that i did a better task at touching up the softcopies. in fact for my wedding montage, i have retouchup and redid all the PS.

maybe becoz i didn't pay a lot dats why they give my PS minimal treatment ba. :)

aiyo, my hubby every nw n den reminded mi how much $$ i wasted leh.. i topped up $2288 also cannot get the other nt selected pics back in soft copies. my fren spent oni $5000++ on whitelink package, went bintan for PS and got all pics taken returned in hard-copies..

anyway, mi maybe next mth or after AD will go to the previous BS to take another PS album coz we want to utilise the $1000 deposit we had paid earlier, still muz top up another $388 to them :yamseng:

ans: based on our BS package, we're entitled to choose 26 poses + one 8R table top.

ans: we topped up extra 200 photos more.

ans: we topped up extra $3600 for photos + one big portrait (our photographer has offered to do a free photo/video montage for us). all our albums are magazine digital style and all soft copy will return in CD. so eventually, our total BS package is $6888 (excluded AD photography). AD photography is $700.

:furious:

Edited by korea

wow bluberi...how much did u spend in total like this? your wedding in dec right? how's the prep? :dunno:

becareful the BS made u top up even more... :furious:

ya, usually BS packages are the very basic ones and sure must top up; its a matter of topping up more or lesser. :dunno:

initially, we didnt hunt around for BS bcos we straightaway went to the BS who we signed up for our ROM 3 years ago. we feel comfortable with the lady boss, makeup artiste and the photographer. therefore, we went back to them. :curse:

aiyo, my hubby every nw n den reminded mi how much $$ i wasted leh..

my hb also said i wasted a lot of $$$. but i told him PS only taken once in a lifetime. next time old liao and want to take also look very different liao. wrinkles and everything all come out liao. :dunno: hehehe. my hb also agreed to what i said. hahaha. :furious:

wow bluberi...how much did u spend in total like this? your wedding in dec right? how's the prep? :notti:

becareful the BS made u top up even more... :dunno:

diva79, at the current BS Universal Bridal, our bill is $6176.. the previous BS has $1000 deposit.. we r expecting to pay them another $388 to take a PS package... so everything adds up $7564 :curse: so whenever my hubby tinks of tis figure, he will nag n nag :notti: for the coming PS we are going to take, i'll make sure my hubby is beside me coz he confirm will nt let me top up n die die stick to the 20pics we need to choose. i'll juz take a normal one pose/page album since i've got 2 magazine albums liao. all in the wardrobe nw collecting dust.

yup, my AD on 22dec.. now we are writing the invitation cards, almost done liao.. will be sending it out next week by post n by hand.

haf bought the GDL items for my side, nw waiting for hubby to get the GDL items for his side. tink the canned pig trotters no hope to get liao coz islandwide out of stock.. most prob will be replacing it with angbao. my GDL initially on the same date as u 09dec, but we are bringing it forward by a week to 02dec coz my mum tinks 2wks before AD is nt enough time for her. she wans to distribute the invitation cards and cakes at least 3wks before AD. i'll be ordering my GDL cakes tis weekend.

still got quite a no. of things nt done also... haven get an chuang date, wedding itinerary in the midst of planning oni... u can see my multiply site, i've done up a whole of things i've yet to do. nw rushing against time!!

my hb also said i wasted a lot of $$$. but i told him PS only taken once in a lifetime. next time old liao and want to take also look very different liao. wrinkles and everything all come out liao. :dunno: hehehe. my hb also agreed to what i said. hahaha. :furious:

haha, my hubby will oni say.. no matter wat, it ends up in the wardrobe.. no point paying to top up.. i still intention to go JB Venus take photos in a few yrs time.. lol

Edited by bluberi

diva79, at the current BS Universal Bridal, our bill is $6176.. the previous BS has $1000 deposit.. we r expecting to pay them another $388 to take a PS package... so everything adds up $7564 :dunno: so whenever my hubby tinks of tis figure, he will nag n nag :curse: for the coming PS we are going to take, i'll make sure my hubby is beside me coz he confirm will nt let me top up n die die stick to the 20pics we need to choose. i'll juz take a normal one pose/page album since i've got 2 magazine albums liao. all in the wardrobe nw collecting dust.

yup, my AD on 22dec.. now we are writing the invitation cards, almost done liao.. will be sending it out next week by post n by hand.

haf bought the GDL items for my side, nw waiting for hubby to get the GDL items for his side. tink the canned pig trotters no hope to get liao coz islandwide out of stock.. most prob will be replacing it with angbao. my GDL initially on the same date as u 09dec, but we are bringing it forward by a week to 02dec coz my mum tinks 2wks before AD is nt enough time for her. she wans to distribute the invitation cards and cakes at least 3wks before AD. i'll be ordering my GDL cakes tis weekend.

still got quite a no. of things nt done also... haven get an chuang date, wedding itinerary in the midst of planning oni... u can see my multiply site, i've done up a whole of things i've yet to do. nw rushing against time!!

haha, my hubby will oni say.. no matter wat, it ends up in the wardrobe.. no point paying to top up.. i still intention to go JB Venus take photos in a few yrs time.. lol

hi bluberi. what are the items in GDL? what's the purpose for GDL? where can i get a full set of GDL? :furious:

btw, when should we an chuang? before customary or after? who should do the an chuang? i know must choose an auspicious date for an chuang. :notti:

ya lor, albums sooner or later will end up in the drawer. but at least there're memories mah. sometimes just take out and admire lor. hehe. :dunno:

wow $7564 is really a lot of money for photos! :o but take comfort that they are pretty and nicely taken. i passed my youth liao no matter what photos i take not nice anymore. so we only spent like $3.5k only. standard price. *haiz* but u r better den me as i spend liao also machiam feel the **** $ wasted becoz i dun really like! :bleah:

we got the ang chuang date from the master etc. For the GDL stuffs MIL helped me buy most of the stuff only left a few things liao. Me distributed all my invites also..and done up the 2 video montages. Now left meeting with Hotel banquet and also the Jie Mei sa bo stuffz which my jie mei in charge of. MC script and AD schduedule also need to do...but dun worry. I am 1 wk + eariler den u and your pace same as me..

all these dates which be provided by a shifu ba? the GDL things can go to any wedding shop to buy :)

diva, you where got passed your youth. i'm only very slightly younger than you. then which mean i passed my youth too lor. :~

you dont like your PS photos? why? :unsure:

i read through internet about GDL and an chuang so now i know better about these 2 things. btw, where to find a fortunate woman who has living husband, sons and grandchildren to do an chuang? :dunno: its so difficult to find leh. :(

all these dates which be provided by a shifu ba? the GDL things can go to any wedding shop to buy :)

ya, i know these dates must get from shi fu or medium. wedding shop sells GDL? i thought GDL is mostly makan stuff? :dribble: