Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hobbes jsut saw your blog waaah you got hob and hood on top of the aircon and free cabinet!:yamseng:

So many freebies!!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi,

Didnt know there's 2 Ideal Hse treads here... posted the same qtn from the other one...

Had anyone did concrete support for sink? This is 1 of my main requirement... Gone thru some ids/contractors who either told us to buang the idea or dosen't strike us as confident enuff... :notti:

Yours is new or resale flat? Floor size?

resale..118 sqm..redo everything...

Hihi,

Didnt know there's 2 Ideal Hse treads here... posted the same qtn from the other one...

Had anyone did concrete support for sink? This is 1 of my main requirement... Gone thru some ids/contractors who either told us to buang the idea or dosen't strike us as confident enuff... :notti:

just wondering why is there a need to do concrete support for sink? any particular reason?

more stable?

Hihi,

Had anyone did concrete support for sink? This is 1 of my main requirement... Gone thru some ids/contractors who either told us to buang the idea or dosen't strike us as confident enuff... :lol:

We are doing concrete sink support also. Steven or Max never ask us to buang, they just ask whether we want sliding or casement door :D Anyway it's your house mah, you want it they should do it what. Why buang? You pay them one leh. My friend even did a squatting toilet!:notti::dunno:

You can see the picture of the sink support on my blog, its almost done with the sink embedded in it already.

Steven made an extra 10 cm small ledge at the back of the sink support so its 10 cm higher then the sink level so we can clean easier

We did the sink support because behind the sink support will be our service balcony . So it wil be quite wet, if we use laminates it might spoil faster.

-Celest

my quote is out...and wow....46k..seems pricy...:)

8|:( Waaahhh more ex then ours and Hobbes....what did you request to do to the house?

Hobbes one also 38k only and he took 2 packages. WHo is your ID?

Hobbes jsut saw your blog waaah you got hob and hood on top of the aircon and free cabinet!:P

So many freebies!!

:notti::(:dribble: But the hob and hood are cheap cheap models la... The hood is the slim kind not the nice chimney kind.

Max is working on the 3D drawing now... Cant wait to see it.

Anyway I met steven while chooseing tiles last wk... Nice enthusiastic guy.

my quote is out...and wow....46k..seems pricy...:(

46k is before bargain price right? If you try hard enough I'm sure you can cut that by a few k... Your ID is Melvin rite (though I have no idea who that is)? :D

my ID is melvin, nice guy kept ot his promise to come up with the quote on the 3rd day...sent me the quote at 1 am and sms me to inform me...

he only quoted me 1 package (15888), then the rest, is individual items. The 20 feet kitchen cabinet is FOC nia...

anyway, more quotes are coming in....shall compare first before i start bargaining.

We are doing concrete sink support also. Steven or Max never ask us to buang, they just ask whether we want sliding or casement door :D Anyway it's your house mah, you want it they should do it what. Why buang? You pay them one leh. My friend even did a squatting toilet!:P:dribble:

You can see the picture of the sink support on my blog, its almost done with the sink embedded in it already.

Steven made an extra 10 cm small ledge at the back of the sink support so its 10 cm higher then the sink level so we can clean easier

We did the sink support because behind the sink support will be our service balcony . So it wil be quite wet, if we use laminates it might spoil faster.

-Celest

:notti::( Waaahhh more ex then ours and Hobbes....what did you request to do to the house?

Hobbes one also 38k only and he took 2 packages. WHo is your ID?

resale..118 sqm..redo everything...

just wondering why is there a need to do concrete support for sink? any particular reason?

more stable?

Not more stable. Just that we feel water and wood do not get along well. :good: Imagine if (IF) there's a leak somewhere, yr bottom cabinets how? Re-do all again. :notti:

We are doing concrete sink support also. Steven or Max never ask us to buang, they just ask whether we want sliding or casement door :good: Anyway it's your house mah, you want it they should do it what. Why buang? You pay them one leh. My friend even did a squatting toilet!:P:good:

Thanks Kajua. I will call them tomorrow. :o Will take a look @ yr t-blog. I like the idea that the back part is slightly higher... your back is meaning the part near the wall or nearer to where people normally stand? I actually prefer both sides. Haha! !! Btw, who much were you quoted for it?

:notti:

Edited by skywolf

Not more stable. Just that we feel water and wood do not get along well. :D Imagine if (IF) there's a leak somewhere, yr bottom cabinets how? Re-do all again. :notti:

Thanks Kajua. I will call them tomorrow. :( Will take a look @ yr t-blog. I like the idea that the back part is slightly higher... your back is meaning the part near the wall or nearer to where people normally stand? I actually prefer both sides. Haha! :notti: Btw, who much were you quoted for it?

:furious:

We were quoted $800 for our 5ft solid sink support plus another $200 for a 2 panel solid plywood casement door. That was in Sept/Oct last year. Most of the other ID/Contractor we called quoted us also around this price.

Our solid sink support is sort of standing in the middle so we have no wall behind it. The back as in the part behind thet tap. The front part where people normally stand we did not make it higher as we feel it might constrict us when we are using the sink. I think you will understand better what i mean once you see the pictures in our blog :D

Actually we found from various discussion with ID/Contractor there is a way to minimise the impact of the water dripping if you use a normal wood cabinet. Just tell the ID/Contractor for the part of the cabinet containing the sink dont build the wooden base. So if there is any leakage of the pipes, it will just drip on to the concrete floor below the sink.

But we still went ahead with the solid sink support

:jawdrop:

Edited by kajua

Oh i see... I called Kenneth just now... said he's tied up till end Mar and to call him back in Apr. Was wondering shd I call up other ids from Ideal Hse. :dunno: Or is he worth it to wait? :(:) Bcoz we are not in a hurry.

Edited by skywolf

Oh i see... I called Kenneth just now... said he's tied up till end Mar and to call him back in Apr. Was wondering shd I call up other ids from Ideal Hse. :dunno: Or is he worth it to wait? :dunno: :dunno: Bcoz we are not in a hurry.

Its up to your personal preference I think.

For us, we initially wanted Kenneth too but he was busy. We even asked his buddy who is a friend of us to check with him :( . When we read in the forum about how good he was, initially we were also thinking about whether to wait for him or not since our wedding was 1 year away. But in the end we decided to give the other ID from Ideal House a try because of 2 reasons

1. Kenneth was too popular :furious: Thats bad cause means if we get him, we will be sharing his time with a number of other couples. A lot of them in fact, cause at that time we heard he was handling more then 10 reno at 1 go. So we didnt know how much time he would have for us if we got him. He is good but he is human after all and there is only about 16 hours a day.

This issue was demonstrated to us as at that same time we were also getting quote from Patrick of Ho Bee. Another super popular one. But because Patrick was a 1 man show, helped on the admin side by his wife, it made it worse and clearer to us the pit falls of getting a popular ID/Contractor. When Patrick was loaded with renos (near the end of last year, think 14 at 1 go), we had to wait for many days sometime a couple of weeks just to get a response from him. Anytime we had queries, we called his wife and she relayed it to him and then we wait. When he cleared up his portion of the reno (think he take cares of wet works, then Ah Keong take care of carpentry), then his response became very prompt.

2. From the forum, we read that the work crew of Ideal House, irregardless of which ID from Ideal House was in charge was good. So since whatever ID we get , as long as from Ideal House, we figured the work crew would be more or less the same gang, so the work quality would be the same.

Of course the icing on the cake was that we got along quite well with the ID that we talked to. His response to our queries was very prompt. Also when we went holiday in Krabi and told him which date we will be able to discuss about the quote. On the exact day, then he called us. So shows he really does listen to us :( which we think is good. Also he worked as a team, so we get 2 of them . So if one goes reservist or leave, we can call the other !!

-Celest

51k!:bow:zzzz:~:~:~:~

What were your requirements?

What did other ID/Contractor quote you?

Thats a lot!zz:~