joper

Hob & Hood - Which Brand Should I Buy?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi folks,

Any comments/experience on the following Fujioh Hood and Hob:

- FG 33 SV (hob)

- FX 900 (hood) [made in China]

- FS 890 (hood) [made in Japan]

Ok, I know FX900 is the hottest item now, but does FS890's made in Japan status matter? Do the 2 hoods differ that much?

Anyone?

Additionally, does the non-standard sizing of FS890 matter where cabinet is concerned?

Hi folks,

Any comments/experience on the following Fujioh Hood and Hob:

- FG 33 SV (hob)

- FX 900 (hood) [made in China]

- FS 890 (hood) [made in Japan]

Ok, I know FX900 is the hottest item now, but does FS890's made in Japan status matter? Do the 2 hoods differ that much?

i see a lot of supporters of rinnai's inner flame cooker hob.

but i don't see many posts in which shops give very very competitive pricing if only buying the cooker hob, and not a hob + hood package.

basically, my desired combi is Rinnai's RB-2CG and Fujioh's FX900R.

if i can't get that combi at a good price, i will settle for the Fujioh FG792GL + FX900R package. I gather that this package is being sold for $795 at almost all shops. Not too sure whether this price is bargainable. But essentially, this price of $795 forms the basis of my comparison.

in other words, if my desired combi cannot be found at a total price lower than 795, i will settle for the Fujioh package.

can anyone here help by sharing where i can get the lowest price for the Rinnai RB-2CG and Fujioh FX900R. I don't need them to be from the same shop. I don't mind going to different shops to buy different items as I have quite a tight budget for all the items needed.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks! That's what he told me too - no heavy wok, no violent stir-frying (not sure if my stir-fry is violent, maybe it needs more kung fu). Now thinking of changing to gas hob instead :bangwall:

yeah. that's quite a big restriction already based on the limitations.

for small families like mine, just hubby and me, and not much cooking will be done that kind, a glass hob is fine i supposed.

but for bigger families, especially when you have family gatherings and all, it would be very limiting to get a glass hob as you'll need a bigger pan/pot to do your cooking and for the long run, i think the glass will give way sooner or later.

i got my glass hob from turbo few months back for my new home. currently waiting for the renovations to be done before fixing in all the fixtures and all. hopefully it's something i will not regret since it's so pretty looking.

you better make your decision quick! some of the stores have an exchange policy for a week?

for small families like mine, just hubby and me, and not much cooking will be done that kind, a glass hob is fine i supposed.

but for bigger families, especially when you have family gatherings and all, it would be very limiting to get a glass hob as you'll need a bigger pan/pot to do your cooking and for the long run, i think the glass will give way sooner or later.

i got my glass hob from turbo few months back for my new home. currently waiting for the renovations to be done before fixing in all the fixtures and all. hopefully it's something i will not regret since it's so pretty looking.

you better make your decision quick! some of the stores have an exchange policy for a week?

I oso bought a Turbo glass hob (black with 3 burners). Well, still pending HO so hob not in action yet, although already connected to the gas pipe. Reason for buying: Glass + black = wife favourite. :dancingqueen:

We r not heavy cookers so it shd b fine. might not b suitable if u cook like those "zi char" hawker.. :sport-smiley-004:

Am selling brand new De Dietrich vitroceramic hob (DTV701X) and hood (DHG577XP1) - let me know if you have interest. They came pre-installed in my new apartment but we are switching to a different set to better suit our needs. Also selling a pair of new Fisher&Paykel vertical fridge and freezer (E450w/E388w)

It really depends what kind of kitchen you want. Do you cook "complex" food often? Do you only cook "simple" things once in a while. Or do you mostly cook western food, or those chinese food that need a big wok.

Gas hob is good for wok cooking, or you wanna do flambe. However induction is better in term of safety, and ease of cleaning. Personally I prefer mix. You can buy a domino unit of Gas and Induction hobs.

At high-end, you can try to look for De-dietrich, Miele or Gagennau. Unless you are professional chef, it's kinda too expensive for normal people. At the range of the brands you mention, I would go for Brandt. The reason is that Brandt is the same parent company with De-Dietrich, hence possibly as good quality as De-Dietrich (of course not as many features as De-Dietrich).

For hood, I think the bigger the suction the better it is. Personally I won't care about the noise level.

Im actually looking for a hob that is not in black color..only brand I came across is tecno..which offers a variety of colors..any comments on this brand?

Im thinking of getting the 1000m+ airflow hood fr hobz as I do not want the chimney sort..any comments for those using hobz brand?

my family used to have one from tecno gas but we change it after a year of using it. the metal started to look like it has been burnt and for safely, my mum decided to check it.

after that, switched to a turbo one which works perfectly fine till now. no marks no nothing. still going strong.

as for a hob that is not white in other, there are the metal ones? or maybe you can get the black glass hob from turbo if you're not a heavy cooker. :)

my family used to have one from tecno gas but we change it after a year of using it. the metal started to look like it has been burnt and for safely, my mum decided to check it.

after that, switched to a turbo one which works perfectly fine till now. no marks no nothing. still going strong.

as for a hob that is not white in other, there are the metal ones? or maybe you can get the black glass hob from turbo if you're not a heavy cooker. :)

tks prissypris...wu go winow shopping..:-)

anyone using EF?

I've changed to a stainless steel hob! Actually the good thing about buying from mega discount is that as long the items are not delivered or installed, you can change it with no questions asked :)

Still using an EF brand hob though:)

yo, bro. mind to share the package price for RB2CG+katana?

I am considering of buying RB3CG + RH90CD for my new house. Katana is better than RH90CD?

Hi Madcad

Am wondering how is your experience abt using this rinnai combo?

Im also thinking to get it. Vs Fujioh. But fujioh chimmy design quite obiangz but I need high and good suction :(

Pls share your experience :D

tks prissypris...wu go winow shopping..:-)

anyone using EF?

i went audio house the other time since they are known for their good prices.

i got my optic white hob from turbo there.

got it when it was having a promotion. so quite while the money. :)