Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
h4happy

Audio House

TODAY paper:

1) 46/47" LG/SHARP/SHINCO LCD TV goes for $999.

2) 42" LG/SHARP/TOSHIBA FULL HD LCD TV goes for $1199

What is the different?

Which is better?

A good bargain???

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
TODAY paper:

1) 46/47" LG/SHARP/SHINCO LCD TV goes for $999.

2) 42" LG/SHARP/TOSHIBA FULL HD LCD TV goes for $1199

What is the different?

Which is better?

A good bargain???

forget audio house, well known for stupid/lowclass gimmicks.

dont believe? go and find out.

forget audio house, well known for stupid/lowclass gimmicks.

dont believe? go and find out.

Totally agreed with Mace. Those mothers at AudioHouse are one way street crooks.

2 months back Audio House was having a LCD/Plasma trade-in promotion. So I call & inquire about the value trade-in of my 32" LCD Samsung LCD (warranty valid) & at the same time looking to buy the Samsung's 40" M series.

The salesperson (after much punching on his calculator) said, best price with trade-in is $3,299 with another 32" LCD as free gift. I told him I dont need another 32" LCD, so he punched on his calculator again & said "OK, best price $2,899. I then told him I'll consider.

Good thing also, cause when I called Goh Ah Bee for a quote, they told me $2,099 without free gift!!!!! That's is a lot of difference & savings. Depending on which angle you looking from.

Another note for those who are on their 1st LCD/plasma purchase. Its very subjective becoz your eyes will determine which panels appeals to you. Some will swear by the Sony Bravia series while others will vouch for Pioneers. So my advise for would-be buyers is to go down to big electrical marts & see for yourselves.

Cheers

Vince

Totally agreed with Mace. Those mothers at AudioHouse are one way street crooks.

2 months back Audio House was having a LCD/Plasma trade-in promotion. So I call & inquire about the value trade-in of my 32" LCD Samsung LCD (warranty valid) & at the same time looking to buy the Samsung's 40" M series.

The salesperson (after much punching on his calculator) said, best price with trade-in is $3,299 with another 32" LCD as free gift. I told him I dont need another 32" LCD, so he punched on his calculator again & said "OK, best price $2,899. I then told him I'll consider.

Good thing also, cause when I called Goh Ah Bee for a quote, they told me $2,099 without free gift!!!!! That's is a lot of difference & savings. Depending on which angle you looking from.

Another note for those who are on their 1st LCD/plasma purchase. Its very subjective becoz your eyes will determine which panels appeals to you. Some will swear by the Sony Bravia series while others will vouch for Pioneers. So my advise for would-be buyers is to go down to big electrical marts & see for yourselves.

Cheers

Vince

yalor - you miss out their simi 50% or 30% discount determined by simi football match or 4D results.

down right disgusting and cheapo.

they used to sell cheap - but that was before they open their branch in liang court.

wow so jia lat meh..

i just went there last week, the salesman quite ok leh.. tell me not to buy 1st.. give me his name card and tell me to compare outside and call him for quotation..

He mentioned that those cheap buys are display sets... so its a kind of 'con' advertisment lo... at the warehouse sale

go down c c lo.. can go other places and reccee oso... :notti:

Edited by yokoyoko

hmm...my experiences at audiohouse was not bad actually..

1st time, went to "look see look see" for LCD TV and fridge at Liang Court store, on the day of the IT show in March. They were having trade-in deals for the LCD TV. I was offered a price very close to the after trade-in price, though i was not trading in anything. In the end, I got my TV at the IT show promotion, but was also under Audiohouse. The fridge, when I told them I was quoted a lower price in a neighbourhood shop, they were able to match the price too.

Last week, went to buy a washing machine. The price is close to what neighbourhood shop quoted, and they readily waived delivery charge for me, so I bought from them.

At the end of the day, their prices are negotiable and competitive, the service is quite good, the sales people I encountered are not pushy, the delivery is punctual, so I have no problems with them.

1st time, went to "look see look see" for LCD TV and fridge at Liang Court store, on the day of the IT show in March. They were having trade-in deals for the LCD TV. I was offered a price very close to the after trade-in price, though i was not trading in anything. In the end, I got my TV at the IT show promotion, but was also under Audiohouse. The fridge, when I told them I was quoted a lower price in a neighbourhood shop, they were able to match the price too.

Last week, went to buy a washing machine. The price is close to what neighbourhood shop quoted, and they readily waived delivery charge for me, so I bought from them.

At the end of the day, their prices are negotiable and competitive, the service is quite good, the sales people I encountered are not pushy, the delivery is punctual, so I have no problems with them.

Im happy for u & your purchase from Audio House. Have u tried getting quotes for your plasma/LCD from Everjoint (AMK) or Goh Ah Bee (Hougang)? If Audio House can match their prices, I will......errr...give away my OPPO DVD player. :notti:

Cheers

Vince

personal opinion is that it depends on the salesman. I went to Hong Liang and bought my 42 and 20 inch LCD TV from them. Had wanted to get a Fisher & Paykel fridge and a 8.5kg toshiba washing machine from them at the same time but was stopped by wifey to check out other places. We went to Harvey Norman at Hougang Mall and told the salesman the price I was quoted at Hong Liang and he managed to match the price for me.

Hi vicenzo70,

what is OPPO? give me? wah, you sure have faith in GAB and Everjoint :P Perhaps for bigger tv, the price quoted will vary more at diff places. For our 37" LCD bought at IT show, hubby and me are ok, as it was already below our budget and we are not very particular about the technical stuff...as long as our eyes deem fit can already. :)

For fridge and washing machine, we also checked places like Kong Tai. For various models, audiohouse's price was about $10 difference or less, so we are ok with it.

Hi h4happy,

why no warranty? i thought warranty is not given by audiohouse, but the distributor of the brand, right? both my LCD and washing machine have warranty. i only got my tv delivered in early May, and washing machine delivered last week, not spoilt yet :notti:

Hi fanguojun,

i agree that it's the salesman. when i got my washing machine last week, it happened to be the same guy who served me at the IT show, and i am ok with him.

Personally, I have no preference to go to Hong Liang. If i am at alexandra, i will go to Aik Leong. No offence to anyone, it's just a preference and I am not related to Audiohouse in anyway :P Was quite surprised to see more negative comments than positive ones on them. I always see them as 1 of those neighbourhood shops, just that they advertise more.

I saw their ad on ST, and call them abt the trade-in thingy, i told them i got a 29' TV for trade-in and they told me worth $200 off the new LCD-TV. So i went down to Liang Court store, but do u know what they told me!!! :(

Can only worth $20 only :furious::furious:

And i told the SE that i have call in and the SE told me that the staff who answer the call got it wrong.

So what do u think???

I saw their ad on ST, and call them abt the trade-in thingy, i told them i got a 29' TV for trade-in and they told me worth $200 off the new LCD-TV. So i went down to Liang Court store, but do u know what they told me!!! :(

And i told the SE that i have call in and the SE told me that the staff who answer the call got it wrong.

So what do u think???

this is the usual gimmick - they just want you to go to their premise. once there - they will humtum, sugarcoat you to make your money.

So what do u think???

that's bad. i hate situations like this, like wasting my trip down. last year my father traded in our 29" TV too, I can't remember the exact figure but it was definitely worth more than $20.

when i went in Mar this yr to the Liang Court store, i asked abt LCD and told the SE i have nothing to trade in, but he still offered me the after-trade-in price :dunno:

that's bad. i hate situations like this, like wasting my trip down. last year my father traded in our 29" TV too, I can't remember the exact figure but it was definitely worth more than $20.

when i went in Mar this yr to the Liang Court store, i asked abt LCD and told the SE i have nothing to trade in, but he still offered me the after-trade-in price :dunno:

Good for you, for me wasted the trip down there.

Think will wait till the IT show next week, see any good offer to grab there hehe... :notti:

Btw which SE attend to you??

Maybe i go there look for him/her and said intro by you, maybe also can get trade-in price :sport-smiley-004:

Good for you, for me wasted the trip down there.

Think will wait till the IT show next week, see any good offer to grab there hehe... :notti:

Btw which SE attend to you??

Maybe i go there look for him/her and said intro by you, maybe also can get trade-in price :sport-smiley-004:

I guess you can try asking, no harm, but it wasn't for all brands that the SE said he could offer the trade-in price. i din get his name becos we did not buy from him at the Liang Court store, we only recce there and then went to buy from the IT show.. :notti:

i can PM u the name of the SE who attended to us for LCD at the IT show, i think i have his card at home, and i happened to buy something from him at Sims Drive outlet 2 weeks ago as well. But note we did not negotiate the price of the LCD becos it was a UOB promo. :)