Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ene

Why Do Irritating People Go To Cinemas?!?!

And i thought only I had this problem.

Had the same thing when watching Indiana Jones last week.. some idiot beside was yakking away BESIDE me.. even after ppl shushed him..

then yesterday I was watching Narnia.. these bunch of people behind me.. but I buay tahan liao just shushed them.. at least they understand english.. were quiet after that..

but the first indiana jones experience was terrible.. similar to ene's.. for the whole freakin movie... yak yak yak yak

Wah u veri free hor... can watch so many moives. :sport-smiley-004:

So far I am quite lucky not so many encounter. :sport-smiley-018:

Confession: I ever threw a 1/4 filled coke (those ^%#@! expensive kind that you buy at GV's counter) at a golden-haired monkey who was yakking away on his mobile for a good 10mins. He was sitting like six rows in front of me and I can hear him!

Everyone in the room was 'tsk-ing' and 'shh-ing' away, one ang-moh lady even shouted, 'excuse me!', but he just continued yakking. Thus not surprised at all that nobody pointed me out when my coke splashed on his entire body; everyone just look straight at the screen. After some crude beng-ish cursing, he just LL walked to toilet and wash, with a few people giving soft applause...haha!

Bro u veri cho what if u hit wrongly other ppl.... :sport-smiley-004::notti:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Bro u veri cho what if u hit wrongly other ppl.... :sport-smiley-004::notti:

maybe he the champ during school days - playing HUMTUM BOLAH?

sigh.. other than those yakkings.. i always kana inconsiderate CREATURES sitting behind me KICKING nonstop throughout the entire 2hrs+.. i couldn't enjoy a single bit of the movie no matter how funny or how great the show was.. worst thing was i turned back to tsk or even ask tat CREATURES to STOP kicking on my chair back.. but only managed to get 1 sec of peace.. n somehow dunno y these disgusting inconsiderate CREATURES usually hv a gf who can jus tolerate n let him kick on ppl's chairs like tat.. ignoring every other comment/request tat i made.. :curse:

sometimes it has got to do with the cinema you go to and the day itself

i prefer to watch movies at GWC on weekdays coz the crowd is very acceptable to me :notti:

I also ever kena before crying baby while watching shrek...the whole cinema was staring at the parents...

How can u bring a baby into a cinema?!?! They pushed the pram into the cinema some more...the best part is, the parents didn't carry the baby out while he's crying..pay money to listen to crying baby throughout :rolleyes:

:lol:

Air, urs is crying baby, mine is laughing adult :bangwall:

my frens and i (a group of more than 5 pax) were watching Mummy at the bugis cinema many yrs back

then sitting a row behind us is a this guy who kept laughing and giggling at almost every scene, no matter it's funny, scary or sad :bangwall:

the whole row of us turned our heads round and stared at him, hushing him to keep quiet, and yet he can still not notice us!! :bangwall:

:lol:

Air, urs is crying baby, mine is laughing adult :bangwall:

my frens and i (a group of more than 5 pax) were watching Mummy at the bugis cinema many yrs back

then sitting a row behind us is a this guy who kept laughing and giggling at almost every scene, no matter it's funny, scary or sad :bangwall:

the whole row of us turned our heads round and stared at him, hushing him to keep quiet, and yet he can still not notice us!! :bangwall:

That's funny :rofl:

We are talking abt people doing irritating things but how about people who fart in cinemas?

I was watching movie with my hubby and I sat next to this guy who just kept farting throughout the movie. Thre was no sound but the smell was :jawdrop:

I didn't want to get out of the cinema becuase I didn't want to waste my money...so I tahan all the way...I also couldn't turn round to him and ask him to stop farting right? What if he denies it's him?!

Towards such not-so-obvious behaviour, what would you guys do??

if there are other seats available, i will change

other alternatives, not sure coz so far still quite lucky didnt come across such people yet!!!

That's funny :rofl:

We are talking abt people doing irritating things but how about people who fart in cinemas?

I was watching movie with my hubby and I sat next to this guy who just kept farting throughout the movie. Thre was no sound but the smell was :jawdrop:

I didn't want to get out of the cinema becuase I didn't want to waste my money...so I tahan all the way...I also couldn't turn round to him and ask him to stop farting right? What if he denies it's him?!

Towards such not-so-obvious behaviour, what would you guys do??

U shld take out a BIG file and fan back to him.... :sport-smiley-004::rofl::rofl:

Word of caution: This is a rant.

Last night (Friday), the boy and I were watching the 7.05pm screening of Sex and the City at Tampines Mall. The cinema wasn’t 100% full. I’d say that it was 60% full with most of the audience packed like sardines towards the back, obviously. During the gazillion advertisements and trailers (did you know that GV screens at least 20 minutes of ads/trailers before the movie?), we soon noticed that seated RIGHT behind me was a man with a female companion.

We noticed him because he was making all sorts of weird comments during the trailers/ads. Yes, the movie hasn’t bloody begun. The boy and I turned around a couple of times to give him the EYE. His companion shushed him once. He stopped for all of 2.7 seconds.

Soon, the movie began. I was really excited and couldn’t stop beaming to myself because I was finally watching Sex and the City! WOOHOO!

My happiness lasted all of 3.4 seconds.

Thanks to that f***ing nincompoop seated behind me, we were subjected to a running commentary of HIS emotions and expressions. There wasn’t much of a range to start with. It was usually one or a combination of the following:

Wah lau!

Uh oh.

Hehehehe. Waaaaah!!!

Oooooooh.

Wah piang eh!!!

Eeeeeeeeeeeuw!

His constant repertoire of random exclaimations lasted THROUGHOUT the 2 hours and 28 minutes show. I mean, c’mon now. I understand that watching SATC may have been an almost religious experience for him but did he have to react to every. ****. scene?

There was, of course, a small degree of nudity in the movie and you should have heard the way he reacted. It was as if he has NEVER EVER seen a naked female body in his entire life! His reactions weren’t sexual but he just sounded goddamn excited!

Oh wait a minute. Maybe he really hasn’t seen a naked female bod in his entire life because he did look like a bloody sad existence of mankind.

I shot him the LOOK many a times THROUGHOUT the movie. At one point, I even did a very loud “TSK!!!!!”. Did he get it?

No f***ing way.

I was this close to shoving a mop stick (which the boy bought from Muji but that’s a story for another day) up his fat-laden arse and telling him to SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE TRYING TO WATCH A MOVIE HERE! Beating him up into a pulp would have been a fantasy come true as well.

But I did not. We just sat there in angry silence, willing him to just shut up. I really really just wish that I had the courage to tell such f***ers off though. I really do.

What would YOU have done?

thiings have not changed then.... i remember watchinig The Full Monty, and admittedly, the dialogue had a very strong yorkie accent. but for the entire however long the movie was minutes, this guy was translating the entire movie to his ah lianish gf --- in HOKKIEN! And of course some of the jokes will get lost in translation, she will say, loudly funny meh? It was really really irritating!!!! If I wasn't on a first date with someone then I would have stood up and screamed at both of them!! ;)

thiings have not changed then.... i remember watchinig The Full Monty, and admittedly, the dialogue had a very strong yorkie accent. but for the entire however long the movie was minutes, this guy was translating the entire movie to his ah lianish gf --- in HOKKIEN! And of course some of the jokes will get lost in translation, she will say, loudly funny meh? It was really really irritating!!!! If I wasn't on a first date with someone then I would have stood up and screamed at both of them!! ;)

sama sama wor .. think mine would be the worse of all .. recall it was a midnite movie .. my date n me were sitting 2nd last row .. was watching amercian pie the wedding .. a young beng n lian making out just right behind us ... kicking our seats .. moaning right from the start of the movie ... my date got so angry .. he threw the whole cup of pop corns at them .. the beng shouted at us ..the whole cinema turned to Shhh at him .. i peek back .. to my horror .. both of them were half naked .. being totally paisei and left asap ..

at last we had peace to finish up the last 40mins more of the movie ..

well, i did finally get to watch the whole movie via VCD , my date gave me as a present ... muhaha ...

sama sama wor .. think mine would be the worse of all .. recall it was a midnite movie .. my date n me were sitting 2nd last row .. was watching amercian pie the wedding .. a young beng n lian making out just right behind us ... kicking our seats .. moaning right from the start of the movie ... my date got so angry .. he threw the whole cup of pop corns at them .. the beng shouted at us ..the whole cinema turned to Shhh at him .. i peek back .. to my horror .. both of them were half naked .. being totally paisei and left asap ..

at last we had peace to finish up the last 40mins more of the movie ..

well, i did finally get to watch the whole movie via VCD , my date gave me as a present ... muhaha ...

Wah your encounter so happening, if it's me, i would turn and watch them instead....see how they react...if they are more interesting, can jio other ppl to watch them instead....:notti:

Wah your encounter so happening, if it's me, i would turn and watch them instead....see how they react...if they are more interesting, can jio other ppl to watch them instead....:notti:

american pie more interesting to watch wor ..

well, my date did mentioned that the ger used lots of make up just to cover up her plain looks ..

i was taken back by his remarks more than his actions .. thus no more date with him ..

:bleah: :bleah:

then sitting a row behind us is a this guy who kept laughing and giggling at almost every scene, no matter it's funny, scary or sad

Hey! I encountered such people before too! It's SUPER IRRITATING!!!!! I've also met some idiots who must REPEAT everything the character say. E.g. If the character says "Oh my god, what is going on?". The idiot will parrot "OMG, what is going on?" and then add his own comments.

What the **** man?!!? 8|

Reading all your replies and experiences make me realise that inconsiderate people really exist EVERYWHERE. And oh, I must try that popcorn trick one day. Can "accidentally" spill the popcorn over irritating idiots. :thumbs up: