Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

kekekke we got 1 living dictionary here :dancingqueen:

thanks bun :drunk:

better give some ideas to aves since he indecisive which to get...btw, i dun trust expo leh cos i read in some threads saying that they gave attractive discount and good attitude/service during the period but never deliver..only can go there and get some quotes to do comparison...IMHO :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Who the living dictionary? *blinks*

No prob about that babytan, I also suaku first time back then dunno have vitroceramic and induction hob way before we got our place. In fact I thought that the hobs outside are all gas burner one. :rofl: There's always a first time for everything. :)

It depends on aves's budget. Does he have the budget to blow on induction hob if he wants to get one? The point is both vitroceramic, induction hob are all flat surface types, uses electrical energy to cook. Just the difference between them is what I already mentioned earlier on. But I would suggest that if he is on a tight budget, he might want to consider the cheaper alternative since he could use alot of $$ balance for other things that takes top piority in reno.

Expo exhibition are um slasher types given the competition amongst themselves in this kinda industry, give freebies and discounts but what really matters is that the company in qn is reliable first, work attitude is good all that.

kekekke we got 1 living dictionary here :dancingqueen:

thanks bun :drunk:

better give some ideas to aves since he indecisive which to get...btw, i dun trust expo leh cos i read in some threads saying that they gave attractive discount and good attitude/service during the period but never deliver..only can go there and get some quotes to do comparison...IMHO :)

Edited by BunBun

thanks for the explanation :)

induction definitely better than vitroceramic but also much more expensive. i also kinda stuck between the 2 cos i already know the pros and cons.

for us the main things for each....

- vitroceramic good -

cheap

can use all types of utensils

- vitroceramic bad -

not so nice looking

hot to touch thus things can get 'burnt' on top of the surface

induction pros and cons are opposite lor... but since the main concern for us is ease of cleaning followed by price and looks, i guess vitroceramic is good enough...

bunbun, may i know how much u got ur hob for and where?

Aves, I got that 2 hob vitroceramic which you posted before for 439 from Plaza Sing's Mayer.

Mayer has monthly sales actually, you can check with mayer when is the monthly sales. Or otherwise can ask if got discount? Maintenence wise, we were told by the mayer people that we cannot use detergent to clean the hob as it will spoil the hob. What we can do is to use a damp cloth to wipe the hob followed by a dry cloth after using the hob. (The hob will still be hot after turning off, so you can wait a while for it to cool before cleaning)

thanks for the explanation :)

induction definitely better than vitroceramic but also much more expensive. i also kinda stuck between the 2 cos i already know the pros and cons.

for us the main things for each....

- vitroceramic good -

cheap

can use all types of utensils

- vitroceramic bad -

not so nice looking

hot to touch thus things can get 'burnt' on top of the surface

induction pros and cons are opposite lor... but since the main concern for us is ease of cleaning followed by price and looks, i guess vitroceramic is good enough...

bunbun, may i know how much u got ur hob for and where?

Aves, I got that 2 hob vitroceramic which you posted before for 439 from Plaza Sing's Mayer.

Mayer has monthly sales actually, you can check with mayer when is the monthly sales. Or otherwise can ask if got discount? Maintenence wise, we were told by the mayer people that we cannot use detergent to clean the hob as it will spoil the hob. What we can do is to use a damp cloth to wipe the hob followed by a dry cloth after using the hob. (The hob will still be hot after turning off, so you can wait a while for it to cool before cleaning)

i'm also thinking of tat, will u lay it vertical or horizontal?

but difficult to find a HOod tat size :unsure:

I laid mine horizontally since looks nicer that way cos my kitchen counter top is like 13ft and it would look out of place having it vertically. Vertically wise, it looks better for small pantry kitchen size with limited counter top space. Ke|tong also have the same 2 hob done vertically can see his blog.

Actually I dun have a hood as I never do top cabinets. Only installed grundtal shelves in place of the top cabinets as my hubby and I were going for a simple version of those industrial kitchens. :rofl:

i'm also thinking of tat, will u lay it vertical or horizontal?

but difficult to find a HOod tat size :unsure:

Edited by BunBun

I laid mine horizontally since looks nicer that way cos my kitchen counter top is like 13ft and it would look out of place having it vertically. Vertically wise, it looks better for small pantry kitchen size with limited counter top space. Ke|tong also have the same 2 hob done vertically can see his blog.

Actually I dun have a hood as I never do top cabinets. Only installed grundtal shelves in place of the top cabinets as my hubby and I were going for a simple version of those industrial kitchens. :rofl:

would it be ugly if we place it horizontally? the dial and switches and words will all be sideways right? care to share a pic, esp the 'control panel' portion?

For the 2 hob vitroceramic, there is no words inscribed other than the ariston logo. Ya the dial switches are sideways, looks like a timer though but dun look ugly at least to me

This is how my hob looks like horizontally.

valerie0324rd6.jpg

spicerackariston2hobxt8.jpg

would it be ugly if we place it horizontally? the dial and switches and words will all be sideways right? care to share a pic, esp the 'control panel' portion?
Edited by BunBun

cool. so the dials no wordings / symbols one huh? just the dial and the light?

and also i notice the pics from the mayer site, the coil is red. so it turns red when its hot but becomes normal black surface when its cool down? does it take very long to heat up?

the one in the link below looks pretty cool too. its induction and horizontal some more. read that is <800 from aerogaz showroom. budden aerogaz brand not very well known or what right? anyone using this???

http://www.aerogaz.com/ag_product_details....ker&vtype=1

Yup no wordings, only odd numbers like 0,1,3,5,7,9,11 at hexagonal points just like an analog timer around the dial switch. The numbers is a reference to low heat, med heat, high heat range that all.

It doesn't take long to heat up. That is the halogen element as mentioned before, it will turn red when it gets very hot after being turned on, back to normal when its turned off.

Im not sure about areogaz as didn't see any other brands besides, ariston, indesit, brandt, teka.

cool. so the dials no wordings / symbols one huh? just the dial and the light?

and also i notice the pics from the mayer site, the coil is red. so it turns red when its hot but becomes normal black surface when its cool down? does it take very long to heat up?

the one in the link below looks pretty cool too. its induction and horizontal some more. read that is <800 from aerogaz showroom. budden aerogaz brand not very well known or what right? anyone using this???

http://www.aerogaz.com/ag_product_details....ker&vtype=1

Edited by BunBun

went to take a look at furniture and stuff at parkway parade Lvl7 yesterday night. Must say the things there looks pretty nice. Got mayer down there also and I saw the hobs. Learnt that all electrical 4 cooker hobs need 30amp so I guess confirm wun be getting 4 cooker. the thing is that 2 cookers all come with a 'metal frame' which i think kinda spoils the look... dunno why it cant be in full glass...

anyway the promo for the ariston 2 vitro cooker hob is still 439 if anyone want to know the pricing

there's also a indesit 4 vitro cooker hob at 719

ariston 4 vitro cooker hob at around 1k

ariston 4 induction cooker hob around 1.6k or 2k (cant remember already cos no intention to get this one)

just to share with you the glass door that keep my devil in the kitchen..hehehhe see him sitting there so ke lian

P7122383.jpg

a doggy in the pic...look like CHH :dancingqueen:

Indesit is cheaper than ariston but not nearly as good as ariston though. That's what the mayer guy said to us.

Personally I think the metal frame for ariston 2 vitro hob is quite ok & blends well with the surface top. The gas burner type stands out more compared to the vitro hob for sure which you can take heart so dun worry.

went to take a look at furniture and stuff at parkway parade Lvl7 yesterday night. Must say the things there looks pretty nice. Got mayer down there also and I saw the hobs. Learnt that all electrical 4 cooker hobs need 30amp so I guess confirm wun be getting 4 cooker. the thing is that 2 cookers all come with a 'metal frame' which i think kinda spoils the look... dunno why it cant be in full glass...

anyway the promo for the ariston 2 vitro cooker hob is still 439 if anyone want to know the pricing

there's also a indesit 4 vitro cooker hob at 719

ariston 4 vitro cooker hob at around 1k

ariston 4 induction cooker hob around 1.6k or 2k (cant remember already cos no intention to get this one)

Indesit is cheaper than ariston but not nearly as good as ariston though. That's what the mayer guy said to us.

Personally I think the metal frame for ariston 2 vitro hob is quite ok & blends well with the surface top. The gas burner type stands out more compared to the vitro hob for sure which you can take heart so dun worry.

yea im sure the quality makes alot of diff in pricing...

anyway, just got a call from aerogaz cos i asked about their induction hob... its 599 nia for the 2 induction cooker hob leh... very tempting...

will probably go down to their showroom one of these days and take a look.

but then again, its aerogaz la local brand... so i guess the price of course cheaper compared to brands like ariston. maybe can just give myself the excuse that must support local brand! lol

so i guess right now i aiming the same 2 i mentioned above with links. 439 vs 599...

If getting areogaz, post pic of it when its mounted along le. I want to see also. :D

yea im sure the quality makes alot of diff in pricing...

anyway, just got a call from aerogaz cos i asked about their induction hob... its 599 nia for the 2 induction cooker hob leh... very tempting...

will probably go down to their showroom one of these days and take a look.

but then again, its aerogaz la local brand... so i guess the price of course cheaper compared to brands like ariston. maybe can just give myself the excuse that must support local brand! lol

so i guess right now i aiming the same 2 i mentioned above with links. 439 vs 599...