Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

haha what a discussion scenerio between you and your wtb. You can discuss with roy on what kind of theme you and your wtb want to aim for. Most impt ask him for some good ideas since an ID is there to offer ideas and solutions. If im you, i would choose a dark colour like dark brown, grey or black cos sure can see hair on the floor if the tiles is white or off white. Would require more maintenence to keep the hse clean.

Ya you can move in before the carpentry is up. :) It'd save you the hassle of finding a storage solution for your things too. Just lock up the room which you can put all your things in when the room floor & lighting is done. :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
hahah you all very ke ai leh

bring me along la, i help you in your decision :dancingqueen:

lol this one u ask littleboat for permission

aves, fyi, my carpentry will be up by end of next week. Definitely got tonnes of carpentry for u to see. By the way, my reno is abt 3 months long in total. Quite sian. Told Roy im in no rush to move in n he really took his time. Hopefully, everything will be swee swee in the end.

aves, fyi, my carpentry will be up by end of next week. Definitely got tonnes of carpentry for u to see. By the way, my reno is abt 3 months long in total. Quite sian. Told Roy im in no rush to move in n he really took his time. Hopefully, everything will be swee swee in the end.

if not swee swee, COMPLAIN!

lol

wow 3 months is quite long leh... i've arranged for another meetup with roy this sunday at 1pm so hopefully nothing crops up again... think he wanted to bring me up to ur place but he says carpentry will be installed only starting monday.... so i dunno if we should go just to see tilings or not leh... hehe...

anyway met diana from dyel last night le... quotation revised, took out alot of things and gave me lump sum discount. overall still over budget... such a pity but i doubt we can afford to engage them in the first place. kinda regret asking her actually cos now see other design feels slightly too plain... lol... but what to do, no $$ no nice nice reno. hehehe. maybe i'll steal some of the layout ideas and sprinkle it here and there when i engage another ID... but like that is it very evil huh? :P

I think either Roy is very busy or he is not keen in my home reno. Sms him three times to email the revised quote to me but no reply at all from him.

aves,

Aiyah, just mix n match all the ideas from various IDs. It's ur house anyway. :notti:

By the way, u can drop by to see the tiling, plumbing and electrical work. If u're not convinced, just drop by again the following week. I can show u my place myself. But must go on Sat or Sun. I got reservist till 20 Aug. Wont be free on weekdays.

dtft,

It's normal. I also had to wait for my revised quotation for more than 2 weeks. All i can say is Roy is very busy. If u really want him to do ur house, u have to be patient. :yamseng:

aves,

Aiyah, just mix n match all the ideas from various IDs. It's ur house anyway. :notti:

By the way, u can drop by to see the tiling, plumbing and electrical work. If u're not convinced, just drop by again the following week. I can show u my place myself. But must go on Sat or Sun. I got reservist till 20 Aug. Wont be free on weekdays.

dtft,

It's normal. I also had to wait for my revised quotation for more than 2 weeks. All i can say is Roy is very busy. If u really want him to do ur house, u have to be patient. :yamseng:

redknapp:

i dunno it feels like im stealing her designs cos so far only she can think of such ideas for my house. hehehe...

visiting huh.... thats real nice of u... but im not even sure if he'll be able to adjust the quote to my budget. we'll see how it goes. hehe

Finally managed to catch Roy on Sunday. He called me arond 2hours before the meeting to push it back and I thought maybe he can't make it today again. In the end we finally managed to meet him. Overall comfort level is good in terms of communication. Now just waiting for him to revise my quotes to remove some of the stuff to lower the quotation. Went up to redknapp house to take a look. No carpentry yet so only see ceiling and floor... Main purpose is actually to meet him la. Maybe next week if free can drop by again to see carpentry.

ya... hope can lor... i also duno...

he said might burst by 2-3k.... but we removed console, feature wall from living room liao... now only got cabinet in MBR and kitchen... :(

ya... hope can lor... i also duno...

he said might burst by 2-3k.... but we removed console, feature wall from living room liao... now only got cabinet in MBR and kitchen... :(

My budget also bursted by abt 2k :~ tried to remove some stuff but added some in other places so at the end of the day I give up :drunk:

hmm if really 2-3K, just close 1 eye and hump tump la..not say you gonna move out of the house after few months ma..you will be staying there for years..so as to make yourself comfy lor..$$ can be earn back..no worries la :drunk:

hmm got the revised quote from roy with the 'unnecessary' things removed. still cant hit my target... remove so many things and add some things end up also still the same. almost 4k over budget....

anyone to advise how much bulk discount you guys received after the final quotation with roy?

right now im leaning towards baroque d.zign due to the fact that they are able to meet our budget and yet provide quite a lot of things we wanted.

as with tau, im abit skeptical after the turmoil in their thread...

will probably still bring all 3 up to see my house and provide me with final quote and ideas before we make our choice...