Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

yea im sure the quality makes alot of diff in pricing...

anyway, just got a call from aerogaz cos i asked about their induction hob... its 599 nia for the 2 induction cooker hob leh... very tempting...

will probably go down to their showroom one of these days and take a look.

but then again, its aerogaz la local brand... so i guess the price of course cheaper compared to brands like ariston. maybe can just give myself the excuse that must support local brand! lol

so i guess right now i aiming the same 2 i mentioned above with links. 439 vs 599...

Hi BunBun

Is it easy to use the vitro? My MIL will be staying with us and may cook often. I dunoe if there is a need to get another normal set of hob for her as she never use this type before.

If i going to have 2 sets, does it mean that I need to get citygas to install for the norm and contractor for the vitro?

Thks

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi sgpeace, I would think it is not advisable to have 2 sets in the kitchen, meaning it will be a waste of $$ to pay for both citygas & electricity.

Vitroceramic is easy to use, just plug in the electrical socket for the vitroceramic hob before using. There will be instruction manual that will come with the vitroceramic hob. It just depends on whether the vitroceramic hob in qn is an analog or digital type as the buttons or switches on it will differ.

As for installation, if getting gas by citygas, it will have to be done through citygas. But for vitroceramic hob, you can check with the shop if they can install it for you or get an electrician to configure the electrical point for the hob so that you can switch on the hob. In my case, the electrician did the switch configuration for the hob.

Hi BunBun

Is it easy to use the vitro? My MIL will be staying with us and may cook often. I dunoe if there is a need to get another normal set of hob for her as she never use this type before.

If i going to have 2 sets, does it mean that I need to get citygas to install for the norm and contractor for the vitro?

Thks

Edited by BunBun

nope. roy have not replied me yet.... :(

I spoke with Roy earlier today. He's swamped. I said I can wait so he asked to email floor plan. Let's see if he responds.

heh supposed to meet him sunday but when i asked him time he didnt respond. will sms him later to see how. if he too busy then i think can drop him lor cos no point if later he too busy can't do a good job with my house.

heh supposed to meet him sunday but when i asked him time he didnt respond. will sms him later to see how. if he too busy then i think can drop him lor cos no point if later he too busy can't do a good job with my house.

I will sms tomrw to see if he has received my email.

Now I need to go on an on-line q to book a golf flight at Safra next Sat. Sometimes I think there is more chance of striking 4D than getting a flight :bangwall:

Some updates.

We went to visit the Aerogaz showroom on Saturday. Not bad, the sales rep (Jacky) quite friendly even tho we told them we just looking. Today confirm won't commit/buy anything one. He also showed us the quality of their hobs by dropping heavy metallic stuff onto the glass/mirror surface and they won't crack or scratch. Got one hood was able to suck a very heavy wooden plank and hold it there...

Was offered a pretty decent price for hob and hood combi.

cant find the exact pic for hood in their online catalog cos its the latest model... w 1000m/hr extraction, LED lights. he even placed a pot cover made of glass and let the suction hold the cover up... quite impressive.

AZ-3388C_tn.jpg

and the induction 2 cooker hob.

AZ-2828IC_tn.jpg

There were also some other stuff like rice cookers, air pots, vacuum and other household items there. All pretty cheap compared to outside brands. Just a lil concerned about the quality since Aerogaz isn't exactly a well known brand to me...

We also eyeing a standing fan which is like those in coffeeshops and blows moisture... just need to top up a small compartment with water for it to work. my gf likes it cos the moisture will be good for her dry skin. also will save electricity if its cool enough then no need to on air con so much. my gf used to have a machine that just releases moisture into the air, this will serve as a 2-in-1 humidifier + fan. lol :)

Sunday noon was supposed to meet Roy (Inzen) and Edwin (Unimax). Roy smsed me in the morning to say he needed to postpone from 12 to 130pm but i couldn't make it cos i made an appt with Edwin at 2pm... Sigh... Really very very difficult to get him leh... my gf also think if he is too busy to even meet us, next time will he be too busy to do our project properly?

As for Unimax, we discussed some things but mainly on pricing. Cos they blew my budget and some more got GST... So I asked him to review it and reduce it to try to fit my budget. Also noted that he missed out some of the things we specifically asked him to include like changing of rubbish chute, glass door for kitchen and sealing up of ventilation on top of doors. One thing special about unimax however is that they showed us 3D drawings of our living and kitchen even tho we're not confirmed yet.

If u're in no rush to get ur flat done, Roy is the man. My 2 cents worth. :yamseng:

Anyway, u can chk out my flat with Roy if u wanna take a look at their worksmanship. Now, just left with carpentry, gate, grill.

Edited by redknapp39

i also dunno. me and wtb are eager to move in quickly so as to ease on problems traveling to work. in fact, we were thinking of moving in during the reno.

not sure how to arrange but maybe can ask them to finish up the flooring and painting for one of the rooms first then we can move in liao. we only at home during evenings anyway and morning we'll be out for work.

as for roy... i also a bit sian liao... i more or less know he is good from the all the recommendations... but he is so busy he can't even meet me for discussion...

he wanted to bring me to a tampines flat during the canceled sunday appointment but he said no carpentry... it might be yours redknapp39... hehe. i'll try to keep track of ur reno then i can arrange for him to bring me up when there's some carpentry done...

now another headache. it seems tau is a lil dubious when it comes to forum posts and recommendations... headache headache!!!!

If you and your wtb want to move in quickly, the place need to have lighting, flooring, water heater installed & of course the electricity & water accounts turned on.

Other than that, you need to prepare broom, dustpan, vacuum cleaner, mop and cleaning detergents on standby since your place will get dirty alot during reno during the stay in ma. That's what we did when we moved in to my current place with no furniture, with our things locked up in another room during our basic reno

i also dunno. me and wtb are eager to move in quickly so as to ease on problems traveling to work. in fact, we were thinking of moving in during the reno.

not sure how to arrange but maybe can ask them to finish up the flooring and painting for one of the rooms first then we can move in liao. we only at home during evenings anyway and morning we'll be out for work.

as for roy... i also a bit sian liao... i more or less know he is good from the all the recommendations... but he is so busy he can't even meet me for discussion...

he wanted to bring me to a tampines flat during the canceled sunday appointment but he said no carpentry... it might be yours redknapp39... hehe. i'll try to keep track of ur reno then i can arrange for him to bring me up when there's some carpentry done...

now another headache. it seems tau is a lil dubious when it comes to forum posts and recommendations... headache headache!!!!

Edited by BunBun

can always walk over to my house.. lol..

If you and your wtb want to move in quickly, the place need to have lighting, flooring, water heater installed & of course the electricity & water accounts turned on.

Other than that, you need to prepare broom, dustpan, vacuum cleaner, mop and cleaning detergents on standby since your place will get dirty alot during reno during the stay in ma. That's what we did when we moved in to my current place with no furniture, with our things locked up in another room during our basic reno

yea thats why... i think can only move in before carpentry.... which is at most 1 week earlier than handover? some more must trouble ppl and trouble ourselves. dunno if its worth the effort.

can always walk over to my house.. lol..

haha yalor next time so near only... ahbo u help me la. find some fault with ur reno ask roy to come ur house then i go ur house ambush him! LOL

you ask him to come over lor.

but you still got quite a way to your reno leh.. take your time lah.. lol..

Edited by Phantom

yea thats why... i think can only move in before carpentry.... which is at most 1 week earlier than handover? some more must trouble ppl and trouble ourselves. dunno if its worth the effort.

haha yalor next time so near only... ahbo u help me la. find some fault with ur reno ask roy to come ur house then i go ur house ambush him! LOL

hahah good 1 :good::good: like that Roy cannot escape liao

btw, i also almost same scenario with you but ended rented a flat for 1 month

reasons my dogs la, althought we not home in the day but dogs will be home leh and i can imagine the dust and noise..

hahah good 1 :good::good: like that Roy cannot escape liao

btw, i also almost same scenario with you but ended rented a flat for 1 month

reasons my dogs la, althought we not home in the day but dogs will be home leh and i can imagine the dust and noise..

Roy really help us alot, he tried to get the house done up asap and said to me last time if cannot get everything ready, at least will make sure my masterbedroom is done up for me to stay..

good chap

you ask him to come over lor.

but you still got quite a way to your reno leh.. take your time lah.. lol..

haha i prefer to plan well in advance... or to put it simply. I'm kiasu. LOL. actually I think the time is about right la. Quote quote think think revise revise ask ask talk talk then by the time I decide I think around 2nd appt liao. And since we wanna chop chop move in hopefully lotsa stuff can be settled already before taking over so reno can go on without interruptions and waiting for our decisions. WTB and me are both very indecisive ppl. Like if ask us to select tiles for living/dining ah... maybe will take 2 days...

I can imagine the scenerio when we select tiles.....

***after browsing around for 2hours***

littleboat: eh i think these white tiles quite nice...

aves: but white if hair and dirt very obvious leh...

***look for 20mins more***

aves: these black also quite nice...

littleboat: black very easy dusty leh...

***look for another 20mins***

aves: how about off white?

littleboat: off white looks like already dirty right?

***look for another 20mins***

aves: then how?

littleboat: you decide la

aves: dun wan la you decide

littleboat: dun care!

aves: ok i limit to black or white. you choose

littleboat: i dunno la....

***go home slowly think***

LOL

and got so many things to decide lor! Hehe... so for us, its best to start early :P

tmrw meeting dyel design for revised quote see what she can give me... budden i doubt can meet my budget la...