Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aves

Our Castle In The Sky

we need to have the separation as we are keeping dogs and we want to keep them in the kitchen when we are away from home instead of leaving them running around the living room with potential to destroy/dirty the sofa and other furniture.

well my thought is that the kitchen tho not very big is big enough for around 4-6 pax imo cos my gf place also around the same size kitchen but is enough for daily meals prep for 4-5 ppl... shrug... maybe the maid is very good at keeping things? hehe...

Anyway, my ID friend has finally sent me a quote but its actually pretty similar in terms of pricing of my 3 shortlisted 'candidates'.... sigh... i tot if much cheaper no need to think and ponder so much liao but i guess we're now back to square 1... in fact, we have to consider 4 instead of 3 now.... headache!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Won't it be better to have the dogs' enclosure at the back of the kitchen instead of in front of it? :) There'll be more ventilation as the window is there, and when wana clean up the poo/pee it'll be much easier, since toilet next to it. Then next time when got guests come and u wana close the dogs in their enclosure, they wun need to pass by the dogs to go into the kitchen. :)

Edited by Angel81

Won't it be better to have the dogs' enclosure at the back of the kitchen instead of in front of it? :) There'll be more ventilation as the window is there, and when wana clean up the poo/pee it'll be much easier, since toilet next to it. Then next time when got guests come and u wana close the dogs in their enclosure, they wun need to pass by the dogs to go into the kitchen. :)

think you're mistaken. the enclosure is the whole kitchen itself. the area outside is the 'dining area' where the dining tables and chairs will be....

think you're mistaken. the enclosure is the whole kitchen itself. the area outside is the 'dining area' where the dining tables and chairs will be....

Alamak.. Paiseh *blush* Went to re-read what u wrote, then realise that u gg to keep the dogs in the kitchen. :ph34r: <--- Gota go hide liao.. :P

heh its ok.

am going thru the "same journey" as aves & littleboat now...first appt coming mon, 13Oct, but the ID search is killing us...all above budget....really lost count of how many ID we have visited...well...just to share my floorplan, heehee...mirror image of urs :P ..it's 4S in bishan 23yrs old, hacking itself cost abt 3K++ :bangwall:, Y so x :dunno: ?

aves, can PM me what are the things u are going to do and how's the quote like...my ave quote abt 32-35K..

this is the first time i uploading pic, not sure successful not...let's see...

http://img372.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bs84sqmys2.jpg

erm i got alot of quotes all in email leh. maybe u can give me ur email address i email to u instead of PM?

anyway later gonna get key liao. meeting owner and agent at 6pm. gotta pay commission liao $_$.

will try to take some photos in the empty state later....

aves : i getting my resale flat at simei also... same layout as yours :) i be staying in Blk 112... would like to ask u... the rubbish chute in your kitchen... is it Low??? as in can we conceal it under in a cabinet under a sink type?? or is it quite high??

hehe havent gotten my keys.. so would like to ask u and plan ahead :P

aves : i getting my resale flat at simei also... same layout as yours :) i be staying in Blk 112... would like to ask u... the rubbish chute in your kitchen... is it Low??? as in can we conceal it under in a cabinet under a sink type?? or is it quite high??

hehe havent gotten my keys.. so would like to ask u and plan ahead :P

i'm having a cabinet juz to block up the sink. but not placing anything there. cos i find it hard to reach if u put it under the sink.

Here comes the pics!

Looking in from the main door

maindoorin1.jpg

A wider view

maindoorin2.jpg

Going in and on the right

livingroom2.jpg

Go to the wall at the above pic and turn around

livingroom4.jpg

View of Kitchen 1

kitchen1.jpg

View of Kitchen 2

kitchen2.jpg

View of Kitchen 3

kitchen3.jpg

Looking out the kitchen Window

kitchenwindow1.jpg

View of living room from the kitchen

livingroom3.jpg

Bedroom 2 (Guest Room)

guest1.jpg

Bedroom 3 (Study Room)

study1.jpg

Bedroom 3 (Study Room) Current Cabinets

study2.jpg

Master Bedroom

mbr3.jpg

Master Bedroom Cabinets

mbr2.jpg

Master Bedroom Toilet

mbr4.jpg

Master Bedroom Window

mbrwindow1.jpg

Better look at the flooring

floor1.jpg

Out of maindoor

maindoorout1.jpg

A better view standing at main door

coor1.jpg

Going to the lift lobby

coorright1.jpg

looks like everything has to be hacked and removed!

but sure once the make-over is done....the hse sure look swee-swee... ;)

waiting here to see the reno progress and pix of the revamped hse... ;)

mwerkz : hmm.. didnt think of that.. thanks for the advise :P

Aves : i be at blk 112 :) facing PIE also.. 10th floor :) hehe... should be the same location unit as yours :)

i be getting my keys in Jan 09. your floorplan look exactly like mine... hehe...

Jessie: yea more or less redoing everything... thats why so little carpentry but so ex... yesterday then we realised the main door, door grille and windows also some not very good liao... budden dun think we got the budget to redo them... guess those will just have to wait lor....

irenechoi: yea u can build a cabinet to cover up lor. budden i prefer it just left in the open.... at least not so dark and moist so will not be smelly or so many hiding places for cockroaches to breed and lay eggs. Also, i dun like the 'surprise' factor whenever i open the cabinet and some lizard or cockroach starts running around. ur flat should be more privacy cos its right angle from the stairways and lift lobby. mine the angle is lesser so can still see from 'bedroom 3' to the lift lobby if u stand at he window. and i'm on the top floor. :) how much did u buy ur flat for?

Edited by aves

Aves : my bedroom 3 is also facing the corridor ... but temporarily become study room.. hehe until No 2 comes along.

we bought it at 296K valuation plus 25K cash Sob2....... Heartpain whenever saying the 25K word out :P